As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dungeon World] Glamjin’s Tower of Glory

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Pomme pulls out their rifle and quickly sights one of the bats above. Pomme has known batfolk and rodentia society can be truly awful to them, but these are truly monstrous. And with a short chirruping whistle, Pomme sends Fleur in to harrass and engage.

Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Volley vs Batdemon

Volley vs Batdemon:
    2d6+2 11 [2d6=3, 6]

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Geth, roll 1d8+2 for VolleyDamage+Fleur vs Batdemon

Ooc: didn't specify which one, whoops

VolleyDamage+Fleur vs Batdemon:
    1d8+2 4 [1d8=2]

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Thrilled to be fighting capital E Evil, Hao-Guo nearly steps on Bran as he blindly chases down a fishman. He knocks the one that was punching Bran back into the water, leaving three stunned fishmen on the walkway.

Rather than the skilled Dentro strike and turn you desired, the big lug stampedes into the fray, allowing the remaining fishmen to circle you.

They can’t reach you—yet, but they’re keeping Hao-Gou on his toes as he snaps and growls at each one in turn. You’ll have to fight them off personally; no matter your next move you will take grave harm, Holly.

As the bat demon whirls to take on Fleur you cap it right in the ass Pomme. It’s wings spasm as it descends and slams into a shattered glass table. It dies quickly thereafter, eyes locked with your own.

Pomme, you see two dark points level in the air, hovering in the distance. You’re certain they’re moving towards you.

But no time for that! Frogmen are croaking and hooting below you. You could take the staircase or chance another leap.

What do you do?

OOOC:
    Fishman A = Gone, for now.
    Fishman B = 6/6
    Fishman C = 6/6
    Fishman D = 6/6
    Bat demon A = In the water, probably eaten.
    Bat demon B = Slain!

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Using the momentary distraction of Holly on Hao-Guo, Bran pulls a stoppered vial from a belt pouch. He carefully pops the cork out, drinks the fluid contained therein, and puts the empty vessel back in his pouch.

[Using my Healing Potion to recover +10 HP back to full]

Bran Volgut | Human Thief | 21/21 HP | Damage d8

[Are the fishmen surrounding Holly sufficiently distracted that I can sneak in for a Backstab?]

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    You’re back on your feet Bran with plenty of room to manoeuvre.

• Options
    OOC: Oh definitely!

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Holly takes a steadying breath into her non-existent lungs, trying to steady herself and remember her training. "I am one with the blade and the blade is with me..."

Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Arcane Bladework
    Geth, roll 1d6 for Damage

Arcane Bladework:
    2d6+2 8 [2d6=1, 5]
    Damage:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Rapier whipping forward with impossible sleed she slashes across one fishperson's slimy exterior and seems to reel in their very life force, purplish light draining into her bones.

Geth, roll 1d4 for Soul-Siphoning HP gain

- that's 15/18 HP, before the counterattack and grave harm from the previous miss.

Soul-Siphoning HP gain:
    1d4 1 [1d4=1]

Grog on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    The shaken fishman staggers back! Visibly paler now, it falls down pitifully. Yet, as you thrust for a killing blow you are pushed from your steed by a forceful gout of greenish water!

The substance quickly solidified into a jelly, or glue, something yucky. Your left boot is stuck to the floor, and you can’t move your sword arm. Best switch it up!

While you’re stuck the other fishman takes a swing for you! That’s a rib gone.

Holly, you take 2 damage.
    Geth roll 1d6 for damage

damage:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    OOC:
    This fight is progressing quite fast and loose if you’re used to turn based games.

Here’s some pointers:
    1. There are bat demons and fishmen fighting all over, but right now you’ve only got three fishmen to deal with on the lower walkway. One is near death.
    2. There are two things headed towards Pomme. Why?
    3. Currently Holly, Hao-Gou and Bran occupy the lower walkway. Gisard, Pomme and Fleur are up top, and can jump or take a staircase down.
    4. You can’t get beyond this part of the area by ordinary means, so secure it, search it, and a way to the other areas might just make itself known.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Gisard gets himself up and says to Pomme "I'm concerned about the noises this structure started making when Hao-Gou jumped down, I fear it may collapse sssoon... let's get down and aid the others." Does he notice the things hovering towards Pomme?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    OOC: Nah, ‘fraid not.

• Options
    OOC: This song made me think of Pomme and Fleur:

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

Seeing Holly glued to the floor, surrounded by bloodthirsty fishmen, Bran leans on a skill taught to him in a particularly nasty barroom brawl: hit the other guy when he isn't looking.

With the fishmens' attention focused on Holly, the rogue takes the opportunity to drive his short sword through a spine as recompense for the bite to his leg.

Geth, roll 2d6+2 for BACKSTAB (DEX)

BACKSTAB (DEX):
    2d6+2 10 [2d6=2, 6]

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Bran's short sword bites deep into the exposed rear of a fishman, that lets out a howl of pain. Unable to turn on him, Bran drives the flailing fishman into the remaining hostiles, giving Holly an opening.
    Choosing +1d6 damage, and to Create an Advantage to give Holly +1 Forward
    Also, I biffed on my damage roll (should have been 1d8+1d6), but I'll let this stand if it's okay with Endless since it downs a fishman anyway.

Geth, roll 2d6 for Stabbing With Vengeance

Stabbing With Vengeance:
    2d6 6 [2d6=3, 3]

Nips on
  • Options
    OOC: I’m down with that.

There’s one fish at full health, but it’s making no headway against the dog’s stone back leg.

There’s another fish on the floor, drained of life but alive.

• Options
    Emboldened by Bran's efficient wetwork, the skeleton points with her free hand at the last fish left standing. "You'd best be long gone before I'm out of these bindings, else you'll end up like your stuck friend here."

She puts on a ridiculous glowering snarl, without realising her facial muscles don't exist.

Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Parley (ask: run away; leverage: we won't kill you)

OOC: def gonna write a bond when given the opportunity: Bran is a stone cold badass.

Parley (ask: run away; leverage: we won't:
    2d6+3 9 [2d6=1, 5]

• Options
    edited January 2019
    The remaining fishmen hesitate. Is that understanding in their black bulging eyes?

They fall back, crawling off the ledge and plopping into the water below. They swim out far enough to keep watch on you all, but they’re not a threat right now.

All around bat demons and fishmen battle it out! You’re not their concern.

Pomme and Gisard are on the move (however you want to get with the others), but if they were looking they’d see two distant figures moving towards them at a slow but steady rate through the air.

Bran! There’s a inch thick crack running from either side of the walkway beneath your feet... you’re pretty sure that wasn’t there a second ago.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options

With a bit of breathing room cut out from the cacophony surrounding them, Bran moves to hack away the goop holding Holly to the floor, and extends a hand to help her to her feet.

"We'd best not stick around here," Bran points to the cracks, "unless you're interested in more long falls and a murky splash at the end."

Bran looks for a way up to the walkway where Gisard and Pomme were last, to lead Holly and Hao-Gou away from the site of this skirmish.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    o3qsk5lnsh6n.jpeg
    As Bran, Holly and Hao-Gou make their way onto the staircase the lower walkway crumbles and begins to descend into the water!

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Pomme nods to Gisard - "You are right, looks like that piece is going to collapse. And it looks like our companions are on their way up here."

They glance towards to the two distant figures and then upward. Pomme makes the sign of the Thorn on their chest. "I think we best get under cover. Open area with flier's approaching is not my people's favorite... not my favorite." Pomme points out the figures to Gisard.

Pomme looks back up to where they came and then up to the higher ledge and with a sigh, "I guess we have to go up anyway? This is a race I suppose.. Not sure how we are going to get a giant stone dog up there, but I might as well start this now. Can always leave a different way if we decide when the others get up here."

Pomme takes a rope out of their bag (adventuring kit) hoping its long enough, whistles in a clipped staccato to Fleur who then flutters the rope up to the high ledge looking for purchase on the railings.

• Options
    The vampire grips the rope. That’s never a phrase you want to hear. Fleur meeps in surprise and lets go, fluttering in panic.
    sq1lzayn59za.jpeg

The second vampire daintily lowers herself to you Pomme, her feet never quite touching the floor.
    0fmhid2t4xh1.jpeg

The first growls, “They’ve some fight in them. I thought them dead soon as they arrived, but for once I was wrong. I suppose they’ll have to do.”

“Well met, Pomme,” whispers the second. Her tone chills you to the bone, “We need your help. You will provide it. In return we will see you and your kin make your exit, and grant you all fitting gifts for your adventure.”

“Else you’ll die down here. I’m Rava, by the way, and that’s Eliza.”, the first spits.

A bat demon swoops in and is quickly, almost clinically dispatched by Rava, it’s throat ripped out and wings snapped like twigs.

Eliza hovers very close to you Pomme. “We will carry you two at a time to the Midnight Cathedral. The mutt will wait. There will we will explain your task, and guard the door from our poor, lost children.”

• Options
    The bells of the Midnight Cathedral toll ever louder. You don’t fully comprehend how, but it begins to rain heavily.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RCV96w7Khf8

• Options
    Observing the gore spray from the dispatched bat creature, Gisard says "I am reminded of a certain parable about a scorpion and a frog crossing a river..."

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    "What's this about a job?" Bran and company round the last corner of the staircase, to see their comrades faced by the pair of ladies.

"Also, what's up with this weather? Blech."

Nips on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    “The weather’s all metaphorical.”, Ravas tuts, then wipes bat blood from her chin, “Even in death he’s got to set the mood.”

Eliza, the vampire wearing a mourning veil, stares at you intently, “Bran. A fine name. We require professionals to ensure peace is brought to this dwelling. I’m sure a man of your skills—”

“Stop being so mysterious about it. You’re almost as bad as he was. Bloody dramatics.”, Rava snarls, pulling the rope from Pomme and winding it into loops, “Look, our husband is dead, truly finally dead, murdered by that fairy. But before he died he had the war bells rung, and without his direction his minions are killing for the sake of it.”

Rava the Red looks very old for a moment.

“We can’t get in the place. Our wedding vows forbid us. I’m not sure if the bells are rung by a contraption or... or undead monks or what. But stopping the bells will stop this madness. We’ll pay you for it. Weapons, attire, enchanted fancies, jewels.”

Eliza looks back at Rava, “You might only see monsters, but they’re all we have left. Please help us.”

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    "Oh Sacre Pétale."

Pomme looks stricken with indecision for a good long while and then with a good long sigh, without looking ...

"If it was just me... I would like to think I would say no and go down fighting. But I don't know if I can risk others. I think if the others are ok with it... and if your task is as straightforward as what you say it is with no horrifying reveals, I can grit my teeth and come to an accord here."

"Bran? Gisard? ... Holly?"

" And Hao-Gou, are you ok staying here until we come back?"

• Options
    The stone guardian seems a little bigger after a good fight, perhaps he’s standing a little straighter.

“I sense these fiends are evil. Do not be fooled. ...But I also believe they are telling the truth. Those bells are sending the demons mad.”

“Silence them. I will be waiting. Should those two soulless creatures attack afterwards I will smite them! Oh ho ho ho!”

With that Hao-Gou sits back and becomes the perfect imitation of a statue.

• Options
    Gisard regards the vampires with a reptilian stare. "If the choice isss between swimming through water full of violent fishmen, and getting carried across by spooky flying humansss with sharp teeth and an uncanny ability to guess namesss, I sssuppose the second option is slightly less likely to kill usss. Were you also sssummoned to this place by that theatrical wizard?"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    “Indeed we were, wise Gisard.”, you think Eliza smirks under the veil, but you can’t quite see for sure.

Rava cuts in, “Not without a fight. It’s hard to measure time here, can’t have been more than a few nights ago. Our husband managed to run his sword through the slippery bastard’s left leg, but he was too quick, a real master of vanishing that one, and in the end we lost. Next a quarter of our territory was ripped from the very mountains of Vallwaynia and dropped here by that damned fairy.”

Elza whispers are barely audible, and frost forms beneath her, “We’ve had no time to scout ahead, but there are two doors leading elsewhere. The children must be freed of their insanity before we can even begin to seek our revenge.”

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    "Very well, I am persssuaded." Gisard gives his best impression of a human smile back to Eliza as he does a little half bow. The twin rows of sharp, interlocking teeth go on about three times too long for it to have the intended effect though.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    "Hmm. Well, as far as I can figure, anyone that's a foe of this 'fairy' that dropped us here is an ally to me. If silencing the bells gets us all closer to escaping, I'm in. Treasure, or no."

The rogue adjusts the scabbard of his short sword.

"That said," and with this Bran gives the most impish grin you've seen, "a weapon or two that could wound a fairy wouldn't hurt to have."

• Options
    OOC: Cool, once @Grog has had a chance to post we’ll get started on the Midnight Cathedral.

I don’t mind telling you we’re about 70% through the first floor. You’ll all be hitting level 2 very soon, so look into how you advance in level and what new stuff you want.

When you level up you choose a new advanced move from your class. If you are The Wizard, you also get to add a new spell to your Spellbook.

Choose one of your stats and increase it by 1 (this may change your modifier). Changing your Constitution increases your maximum and current HP. Ability scores can’t go higher than 18.

If you don’t see a move you like and have an idea that fits your character, tell me and I’ll think of something.

• Options
    As Holly rounds the staircase she slows her energetic jog to a more nonchalant swagger when she sets eyes on the two vampires then pointedly inspects her rapier to hide her reaction when they explain their husband is dead.

"Well, I believe we can trust these fine ladies to assist us. I'm sure I could even find a way to repay you." She waggles her non-existent eyebrows, resulting in a protracted skull-stare.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    The vampires take your hands and lift off across the ruins. You feel oddly weightless, giddy too. Levitation magic is weird. You hear some distant spire collapse into the water over the heavy ceaseless rain, followed by the inhuman cries of berserk monsters.

This Midnight Cathedral. If you weren’t headed there you’d think it absurd—gothic architecture turned up to eleven, even the gargoyles have gargoyles on them. More spikes than could ever be counted! Flying buttresses, arches upon arches, and the whole thing is jet black.

Lightning strikes. Three bat demons rush by you and land ahead, snapping and wailing.

The vampires drop you before the Midnight Cathedral, then turn to face them. Eliza begins to sing a frightful refrain as she draws crackling sigils into the air.

“Go now! We’ll deal with our wayward children.”, bellows Rava.

The Road of Penance
    2xg5bb26llss.jpeg

Demons fly and fishmen crawl from the depths behind you. Both vampires have their hands full. The way forward is marred by rag wearing, filthy, putrid undead. They’re just milling about, or kneeling with their rotten heads bowed. Looks like you’ll need to break through them to get to the cathedral!

Everyone, make this move:
    When you’re running to the Midnight Cathedral, roll +Dex.
    On a 10+, you make it.
    On a 7-9, choose one, and you still make it.
    - Lose an item, your choice which one.
    - Take 3 damage.
    - Lead zombies to follow you, later.
    On a 6-, you can make it if you accept a hard bargain, or an ugly choice. For now you’re stuck half way.

Roll the dice, then edit your post to describe how you get there. The zombies are nothing to you, so describe how you take a few out on the way if you please!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4o2EU5VOzLQ

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Pomme grimaces, possibly at the task ahead but perhaps it was the journey they had just taken in the grasp of those unpleasant things. Whistling for Fleur to follow above, Pomme shakes themselves out, limbers up, and readies themselves mentally for the run.

'Here goes nothing!'

Agility and avoiding predators have long been instinct for mousefolk and it works in Pomme's favor here. They lope at a measured pace through the crowd, deftly maneuvering, avoiding grasping arms, ducking hungry mouths. On the way Pomme decides to take a more active approach and using the zombie's lunges and weight against them as well as their tail, trips several to the ground and a couple into the drink below.

Through the crowd and in a position of safety, Pomme takes our their rifle to cover their companions' run as well.

Geth, roll 2d6+2 for running the Zombie gauntlet

running the Zombie gauntlet:
    2d6+2 11 [2d6=4, 5]

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    Geth, roll 2d6 for Zombie Run

Zombie Run:
    2d6 9 [2d6=5, 4]

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Gisard bowls straight through the thinnest part of the horde he can see, trampling a few zombies with his charge and knocking away a few clinging to his robes with swings of his tail and staff. By the time he reaches the other side of the horde, he realizes his direct approach has unfortunately gotten some of the horde riled up, as they are shambling slowly after him.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Bran sizes up the crowd: pretty sluggish, not too aware of their surroundings, and will probably be slow to react. Not too unlike a crowd of rubes at a prestidigitator's show.

Perfect, he thinks as he unsheathes his dagger.

Knowledgable onlookers, were there any, would recognize his movement through the crowd as the Peletonka Walk, a daring and successful fleecing of a particularly well-heeled crowd in the capital city of Rummsvegal. Except in this application, instead of pouches being split, Bran's dagger would find the vulnerable tendons of a number of these ghoulish mob.

A minute later, without a word, Bran emerges from the far side of the crowd, sheathing his dagger.

Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Running to the Midnight Cathedral

Running to the Midnight Cathedral:
    2d6+2 11 [2d6=5, 4]

Nips on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    "Gah! Back you disgusting corpses!" Holly hollers, blade lashing back and forth. While many a limb lies lopped, more are drawn toward her by the noise.

Geth, roll 2d6+1

2d6+1 7 [2d6=5, 1]

Grog on