Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Ocean’s Impossible with a Vengeance] Glamjin’s Tower of Glory

189101214

Posts

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    The guardian bats the metal ball from one paw to the other.

    “I do not know if that is true. He seems to drag much in on a whim. I do not think he has rules.”

    He pat is back.

    “I do, and so I would not behave when he asked be to play monster. So I am bound here by pact instead. He cannot again steal from my world so long as I do his bidding. It is the very reason I protect this object with my life.”

    His tail wags slowly, and gives you an oversized lick on the cheek, “I appreciate your concern, but I live by the Old Law, so I must protect those on a righteous mission to the very end. If I cannot return home, and if we do not defeat Glamjin, I will aid every adventurer I meet. That shall be my new cause.”

    You pass a little time with the big dog.

    It is evening, and sun is low. The moon seems near, and there are no stars above though the sky is crystal clear.

    Noah and the Ahmeds arrive. They give you a friendly wave. Hao-Gou barks once, just to keep up appearances.

    “I’ve brought some equipment for whatever you’re planning, but I’ll keep it on me for now. Wouldn’t want anyone getting the wrong idea.”, Noah says with a wink.

    They’ve got grappling hooks and the rest of the tools of the trade. Think of something you’d need on a heist and if you bring them and they’re in the same room as you, you’ve got it.



    For the rest of you, consider:

    Bran can claim to be the son of estranged politician duke Indrajit Kashi. This can be used as leverage to parley with the guards.

    Holly, you must stay with Ali, at least initially. You promised. So you’re going to have to figure out what you can dress as to avoid blowing it for Bran.

    Gisard, invisibility is a heck of an ability here.

    Pomme, this is a sneaking mission, but also remember you can shrug off one attack completely before you change back to normal. Also you’re packin’ HEAT.

    Ali is a real charmer under most circumstances, so he’ll be surprisingly helpful here.

    Noah was trained by the thieves guild, and is a 1/8 sylph or something. He blows.

    The Ahmeds are cornerstones of the multiverse, found anywhere, they are just proper lads.

    Hao-Gou is built like a tank and weighs the same, so he might be best left outside. At least half a mile away. Just seeing him might blow your cover.

    The party lead by Lady Lateef and Sir Krig were set to hit the place tomorrow.

    The party lead by the catfolk monks and the lizardfolk gladiator... you don’t know.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited March 3
    You ponder Hao-Gou’s predicament as you enter the library again. This time alone.

    Unless you say you’re off to the library I’ll assume you are now in Ali’s fourth dining room. You can figure out the plan there over free food (the best kind) and drinks.

    By way of reply the gem on the amulet lights up, and it’s tome is projected in red. It’s pages turn rapidly, and then further projections appear above the tome.

    You read through various passages on fairies, and their innate ability to slip between space.

    Then the pages turn again, this time details on planes, realms, pocket dimensions, quasi-space crop up. Some paragraphs you’ve even read before. You’re reminded a lot of magic stems from the planes, drawn in by wizards, summoned forth.

    Then it offers some little snippets on divinity, and posits that a significantly advanced creature is indistinguishable from a god, and that indeed a god can be killed by a creature from below it in the pecking order, at least in theory (and plenty in myth).

    It’s final insight is on immortality, a subject the amulet seems to have its own library on. The thing that jumps out at you is this: Immortality must be fed and the older the being the greater the quantity of its fuel is required. Common immortality fuel is to kill mortals, often invoked by drinking blood, but there are other means, such as sacrificing babies or other horrific acts. There are more obscure ways, like golden apples from a particular divine orchid, or a drink brewed with a philosopher’s stone etc.

    Overall it cannot tell you who or what Glamjin is.

    You scan ten or so books, ruining them for good. The ink inside fades away and the edges of the pages look singed. You bet if you had a week you could upload the lot. You put the ruined books under the leather chair sheepishly.

    The amulet now has significant information regarding architecture, noble etiquette and fantastic tales of the desert.

    You pick up the amulet, still hot from its work. The amulet reads:
    I FEEL — MORE — MYSELF

    Endless_Serpents on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    After scanning the tenth book Gisard goes "Oops, wait, maybe Ali wanted to keep thossse. Oh well, if you destroy what you... eat? Then that isss enough eating for now." He heads back out to feed himself with the others. Hopefully they have some fresh meat. Jerky rations just aren't the same.

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    “—and I said to the camel rider ‘one hump? But you haven’t even taken me on a date yet!’”, Noah chuckles, “Anyway, anyway, so what is the plan? Are we doing this tonight? What says you Bran?”

    Jamila is stood stiffly against a wall with her arms crossed.

    Ali is pouring drinks.

    Hao-Gou’s nose is poking in through an open window.

    The rest of you are at a table covered in the finest foods, though Gisard has only just pulled out a chair.

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited March 4
    Bran stands up, resplendent in his new teal vestments, and raises a glass to his host and companions. The rogue summons up his best showman's pose.

    "Ladies and gentlemen, I have been meditating on our lot in life, and by the grace of Amlah was granted a vision!" Bran holds up a strange bottle, the contents of which flicker and flash wildly.

    "Ali, Jamila, have you ever heard of electricity? It is an amazing thing, powerful and dangerous, but when harnessed and bottled correctly can drive the most astonishing devices! As we traveled from the oasis, and I observed your great land, it struck me how filled your deserts are of this untapped power, just awaiting us under the sands. I can feel it, as surely as I feel the warm breeze through my hair. The trick to harnessing this electricity, is finding where it lies." And with this, Bran gives a smile and a wink.

    "It came to our attention, as Pomme and I wandered the city today, that the Parliament has a means of surveying the surrounding land. If we were to gain access to this device, we could use it to learn where the richest deposits of electricity may hide, and bring prospecting crews to unearth this vast wealth! With a cut for the Parliament, of course, for their gracious assistance in our endeavor."

    "Ali, Amlah brought me into existence whole, and set within me a purpose: to bring prosperity to your house and this great city. Imagine! Lights that never go out for lack of fuel! Conveyances that could carry us across the sands as surely as any camel, without the need of food or water! And more, limitless as your imagination!"

    "If you help me convince the Parliament to aid us with their device, I can guarantee you will be held in an esteem never known in this city before."

    Bran puts down his glass, and claps once. "But we must go now, before any of the other Oasis-Born may strike on this idea and beat us to the punch. What do you say?"

    In a moment when the attention isn't immediately on him, Bran moves over to Gisard and Pomme in private. "While I grease the political wheels over at parliament, you two can use our distraction to hunt down the device. You're Plan B, if my Plan A with Ali doesn't just slide us right in."

    In a second, even-more-private moment, Bran sits next to Noah and whispers, "How good are you at rabble-rousing?"

    So here's the gist of Bran's plan:
    Plan A - Bran, Holly (because of her promise), Ali, and Jamila (who likely won't leave Ali's side anyway) will take the front-door approach, trying to leverage and bullshit our way into gaining access to the "device". While bullshit, this is intended to be soft-touch (e.g. no murdering or forcing ourselves in), and Bran's entirely serious; if this plan falls apart, he'll raise a huge social ruckus and attract as much attention to them as possible. So that...
    Plan B - If Plan A is faltering (which I totally expect it will), Gisard and Pomme can take the sneaky-sneaky path around us, and try to gain access to the "device". If the guard situation is too stiff, then...
    Plan C - Noah and the Ahmeds start a riot just outside of Parliament, to hopefully draw off some of the guards and give Plan B a bit of breathing room.

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Gisard is watching Jamila carefully to gauge her reaction, if any.

    He whispers back to Bran, "Ali seems like he can be perssssuaded rather easily, but Jamila is far less trusting than him. She is a survivor of the game and knows what'sss really going on, and seemsss to have her own agenda. If she'sss some kind of construct she may be a powerful combatant as well, so I think it will be necessary to either persssuade her to cooperate with us with honesty and compromise, or at least keep her from stabbing us in the back during the heissst."

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    "But Gisard!" Holly sticks her skull into their huddle "Surely Jamila wouldn't betray us- that would forfeit the duel!" she taps her chin in thought "...unless she duelled me there and then... Excellent! Brilliant plan!"

    rm4k6cctdpin.png

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Gisard gives Holly a blank stare.

    "Holly's single-minded obsession with using duelsss to solve all her problemsss has caused me to pause, and reflect upon our situation again. What are we going to do with thisss weather map device if we can reach it? It seemsss like we are only trying to reach it because that other party wantsss it. Why are they pursuing it? Will it allow egress to the next floor, somehow? Show us where the doorway is, perhapsss?"

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    "Based on what the priest described, we may be able to use it to find the door to the next level of the tower, yes."

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    "Good, good, carry on then."

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited March 5
    The moon and the falling sun share the sky. The sky is a rich blue, empty, not a cloud in sight. It does not appear to be night, but it should be.

    You’ve all rested, and prepared what you need to prepare. (Any more planning can be flashbacks during the action.)

    After intensive strategising you arrive at a hill overlooking parliament a couple miles away. It has a big main entrance made of bronze and multiple side doors. It is just an acre of gardens away from the temple.

    Hao-Gou is to remain here on the hill, awaiting your return, or to step in if he hears or sees trouble. He’s too inconspicuous to come with.

    Those entering parliament through the main entrance cannot bring weapons into parliament, lest the guards be alerted to your true intentions. So that’s Holly mainly, who should go in plain robes and keep her skull out of sight. Bran, your cane will pass. Jamila carries a heavy ceremonial scimitar covered in rubies that still looks like it could be used to beat someone to death.
    Team Charisma!
    Bran, Holly, Ali & Jamila.

    When you reach the guards at the gate:

    Bran, roll +Con to keep your cool.
    On a 10+, you’re so smooth you gain an opportunity or advantage.
    On a 7-9, you don’t puke, you’re good.
    On a 6-, accept a tough compromise to your plan, or flee.
    (This is just to have the balls to do this, you may need a Charisma roll soon too.)

    Holly, roll +Cha to talk your way out of being checked over.
    On a 10+, you’re a holy woman, or so scathing they simply don’t check anything. You do have your weapons on you.
    On a 7-9, they know what you are, and they’ll be keeping an eye on you.
    On a 6-, Ali is going to have to bail you out with his own charm. Take -1 Cha until the end of the heist.

    Those taking the stealthy approach will have to pick a side door on the far side, on the opposite side to the temple (to minimise potential eyes).
    Team Black Ops!
    Gisard, Pomme & Amulet

    When you sneak around the grounds:

    Gisard, roll +Int to find your entrance.
    On a 10+, choose 2.
    On a 7-9, choose 1.
    - The first room is empty.
    - The first room has something useful.
    - It doesn’t take long to get there.
    On a 6-, you choose... poorly.

    Pomme, roll +Dex to commit a breaking and entering.
    On a 10+, choose 2.
    On a 7-9, choose 1.
    - You’re all silent.
    - You don’t leave a trace, nothing is broken.
    - It doesn’t take long to get in.

    Finally, Noah and the Ahmeds will be gathering a crowd and riling them up. They’re going to start in Traveller’s District and try to drag their dissatisfaction over, bringing literally anyone in to the mob as they get back to you at parliament.
    Team Mob
    Noah, Ahmed x 2, Petite (yeah we all forgot to do anything with Petite, she’s a fairy, what would she have had to say? What does she know? Oh well.)

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    There are two guards on the gate, no big deal. They are on the ball, upright and ready, but don’t seem to be expecting anything in particular.
    y0cgw0onywyu.jpeg
    gh5grwqhxej1.jpeg

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited March 5
    Bran strides forward with confidence, not a hint of the nervous bile rising at the back of his throat. "Good day, sirs! Master Ali and I have business within the parliament."

    [OOC: Just for clarity, Bran has on him his Teal Suit, his Genteel Cane, his Tricksy Rope (coiled around his waist on the command "Act like a belt"), one of his coin purses with his remaining 10 coin, and a bag containing the Bottled Lightning he intends to use as a prop in his pitch. Oh, and the Barbed Ring, because that's never coming off.]

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Keeping It Cool (CON)

    Keeping It Cool (CON):
    2d6+2 8 [2d6=5, 1]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited March 5
    Flashback to planning: "Holly, I hope thisss idea doesn't strike you as too ghoulish, but you could perhapsss try to bring your rapier into parliament hidden inside your ribcage. Even if they realize who you are they might not think to do a full 'cavity' search, if you sssee what I mean. Hreh hreh. Also I will create a telepathic link to Bran beforehand to keep our groups in contact."

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Cast Telepathy on Bran.

    Present time: Gisard sneaks as best he can around the back with Pomme, keeping an eye out for guards and also for the other parties. We're clearly not the only group attempting this heist and it would be annoying to trip over a rival. He finds...

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Searching for a back entrance.

    Telepathy is unmemorized for now.

    He eventually locates an unguarded entrance, the room behind which seems to be empty.

    Cast Telepathy:
    2d6+2 9 [2d6=4, 3]
    Searching for a back entrance:
    2d6+2 8 [2d6=3, 3]

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Nips
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited March 5
    With her skull made up to seem like an elaborate relic mask, Holly affects such haughtiness that the guards daren't touch her. Gisard's idea forces her to stay ramrod straight, which doesn't hurt appearances either.

    Minion, roll 2d6+1 for You Shall Not Check

    You Shall Not Check:
    2d6+1 10 [2d6=3, 6]

    Grog on
    rm4k6cctdpin.png

    BahamutZERONips
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited March 6
    While Gisard finds the entrance, Pomme tries to make sure they stay silent.

    And while they do stay silent, still unused to the proportions of their transformed body, Pomme knocks a topiary askew. Pomme has the good grace to look sheepish at being so wolfish.

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Breaking and Entering

    Breaking and Entering:
    2d6+2 7 [2d6=4, 1]

    Wassermelone on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited March 6
    Holly & Bran



    “Huh. I’ve never been called sir by a noble. Good evening sir.”, the guard appears mollified by your politeness, evidently not used to it, “What is your business sir, please do not be offended, but we are usually told who is coming and why.”

    His partner meanwhile takes two steps to Holly, then two back. He makes some sign across his chest, then apologises to the... monk? Whatever she is.

    Lord Ali tuts, and looks down at the guards over the bridge of his regal nose.

    “I had thought the parliament clerks were better at their job. They make you men look like fools. We are definitely set to visit today.”

    Ali can’t help but give you a big grin as Jamila looks at him sideways. Shock or anger momentarily burns across her otherwise blank face.

    The guard shifts on his feet, and raises his brow at the other guard, who pats himself for a list he knows he didn’t bring with him.

    Bran, if you can convince them you should be here, you’re in. Roll +Cha.
    On a 10+, not only are you in, no one will watch you.
    On a 7-9, they’re suspicious, but you enter the place.
    On a 6-, a guard will keep tabs on you, and word will be spread to the patrolling guards that you look shady.

    Bran, if at any point you should wish to use the move Parley, your leverage is claiming to be the son of duke Indrajit Kashi.

    Once inside you will be greeted by a low ranking official and taken further inside to a little office or somesuch.



    Pomme & Gisard



    vercpc0kb29z.jpeg
    y5gd5yca8nr0.jpeg


    Pomme, Gisard, despite your best efforts you have cost the party time and raised the hairs on the back of the guards necks. They will find your topiary manslaughter, not now, but at the end of a shift.

    The room you have entered through is a simple guard house. It’s here that one shift of patrolling guards ends, they conduct a handover of events and then a new group take over.

    There is an itinerary on the wall along with a list of guards names in order. You figure you’ve got forty minutes before anyone should enter this room, but when they do you’ll likely have two sets of armed guards gunning for you.

    There is just one wooden door in front of you. It isn’t locked—the guards would never imagine people trying to break through their most common way in and out. You’d have to be very brave, or very foolish indeed!

    Other than that there is a small table with a list of visitors—in twenty minutes Lady Lateef and Athidris Paleraven (was there anyone that fit that name in her group?) are set to arrive. That could be a problem.

    Endless_Serpents on
    BahamutZERO
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited March 6
    The heist unfolds!

    Bran, your position will be indicated in red.
    Holly, you’re blue.
    Gisard, you’re green.
    Pomme, you’re gunmetal.

    2vi76v5urpzf.jpeg

    Potential foes will be indicated by a relevant letter.

    Everyone else’ll be theatre of the mind.

    Edit: Or when necessary I’ll put NPC’s in with letters or at least an X. I don’t foresee Ali being much good in a fight, he’ll just hide under a table or something if things kick off.

    Endless_Serpents on
    BahamutZERO
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited March 6
    Bran stumbles over his words, his facade cracking. "Yes! Clerks. They're....um...bad at their jobs. But we're here! And they're expecting us. The magistrates, anyway."

    Geth, roll 2d6-1 for Convincing! (CHA)

    Convincing! (CHA):
    2d6-1 2 [2d6=2, 1]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited March 6
    Holly & Bran

    The guard frowns. Then after an all too long pause both guards say, “Come in sirs.”

    They open the bronze doors to reveal an old gentleman.

    wsbbcbf5nq2s.jpeg


    “Greetings my friends, nice of you to arrive so promptly, so many nobles and young politicians—such as yourselves—are most tardy. Few understand the importance of a proper schedule, especially in the realms of governance.”

    The man ushers you into his office, “Call me Omar. I am in charge of, shall we say, interesting occurrences. What brings you here so late?”

    A guard is waiting by the door, obviously listening to the conversation. Bran, you feel a slight headache coming on.
    szd3uw6uhk5s.jpeg




    Pomme & Gisard

    You hear faint footsteps outside, Pomme, far away but closing. You cannot stay in this room. Hopefully they’ll walk by without looking inside...

    Endless_Serpents on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited March 6
    Pomme & Gisard

    nheymyga1km1.jpeg

    Gisard, you take a quick peek.

    There’s a few ways to choose. Two doors, one heading north, the other south. The northern wall depicts angelic beings and heavenly imagery, the other is mostly demons. Oddly religious, but you’re not surprised. There’s a staircase heading down to somewhere too.

    You look back at Pomme for support, and (I imagine) shrug.



    Holly & Bran

    xcszhcq9sjo5.jpeg

    The office is a fair walk from the entrance, Holly. What do you do?

    Endless_Serpents on
    BahamutZERO
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Holly lags a little behind the menfolk, gesturing Jamila to do the same. She leans stiffly toward her, hoping the guards wouldn't dare eavesdrop on the whispers of a holy woman. "I, much like yourself, will stop at nothing to achieve my goals. These men around us are not so driven. Should all this devolve into chaos they may lose their heads. I hope you can see the value in avoiding such a predicament, for your Lord's sake."

    [ooc: trying to get her to help smooths things over, maybe get the guards off us. not so much a veiled threat as a 'bodyguarding is much easier when steel ain't swinging]

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Parley

    Parley:
    2d6+1 12 [2d6=6, 5]

    rm4k6cctdpin.png

    NipsBahamutZERO
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited March 6
    Holly & Bran

    Jamila stares you down.

    Her lip twitches, then in an emotionless tone, “Indeed.”

    She steps into the office, and between Bran and Ali.

    “Good evening Omar, I am Jamila, humble champion of Lord Ali. I find myself amazed by the technical skill of my master’s ally. He has come here in urgency to impress upon the high council his great...”, she search for the right bullshit, “invention. An energy source of unparalleled quality.”

    The old man cocks the trigger on a remark, but Jamila presses on.

    “It is late, of course, and so merely to gain footing, for we would not be so bold as to assume our own importance, seek only an audience with a fitting scholar. Perhaps there is a minister associated with transport or building we could speak to? Lord Ali is of distinction within the architectural community, dating back to his late father.”

    “The same man who had a hand in renovating much of this building, as you are well aware.”

    Omar thinks it over.

    “An invention? I am curious. Do tell me about it... What was your name young man? You look familiar, perhaps.”

    Bran, what do you do?

    Endless_Serpents on
    BahamutZERO
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    OOC: Great soundtrack choice.

    Gisard, telepathically to Bran: Good newsss, we are inside and we seem to have beat Lady Lateef's group here. Bad newsss, she will be showing up within 20 minutesss.

    Meanwhile, he sidles up to the northern angelic door and listens for any sounds on the other side, and if he doesn't hear the sounds of people, tries cracking it open and peeking inside.

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited March 6
    Gisard & Pomme

    You don’t hear anything, but you’re dead wrong. There is a fellow asleep in an armchair beneath a humongous landscape painting. He doesn’t look like a guard, or else he’s in his own clothes, unarmed, shoes off. A candle is burning on a small table beside him, and beneath that is a long worn copper key.

    Between him and you is a collection of artefacts, an altar and some unorganised chairs. This must be a prayer room. The artefacts range from old pottery to bejewelled sand dragon skulls, nothing magical (and therefore mostly worthless to you), but they’d fetch a pretty penny back home.

    1t7jjil3uf3j.jpeg


    The door out of the prayer room has a mechanical doohickey on it.

    It’s sort of a wheel with four handles to turn it, it depicts a mole, a tree, a bird and a dragonfly.

    rcekpcjncaq8.jpeg

    It looks locked, and there’s no keyhole.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    "My name, good and gracious sir, is Bran. You might perhaps recognize my likeness, as my father Duke Indrajit Kashi is of some reknown. Though he himself does not travel much now, he has sent me out into the world in his stead. Our family has, somewhat secretly, believed that a great power and wealth lie out beneath the desert sands, and it has been my life's quest to seek that out and deliver it to our people. With the help of Lord Ali, I have just within the last day found this!"

    Bran, with a flourish, produces the Bottled Lightning. It flickers and flashes idly.

    "Sir, have you heard of electricity? It is a most amazing material, capable of powering...anything, really! Wagons that move themselves without camels, street lights that never dim nor require maintenance, and more! In my expeditions, I have discovered that fonts of this electricity lie just beneath the dunes beyond the city's walls. With the backing of your parliament, and in exchange providing a sizable return for your assistance, I intend to mount expeditions to draw forth and harness this incredible power."

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited March 6
    Bran & Holly

    “Bran. I can’t place the meaning of that name. Must come from your mother’s side, yes?”, he’s not looking for an answer, “That is intriguing! I have seen storms, but bottled lightning is a rare sight. Not one I’ve seen in my lifetime.”

    “But nevertheless not unheard of. However, I’ve not known a use for it other than as a display of skill by a mage of the Order. I confess I am curious how you intent to use it in these feats of...”, Omar looks at you quizzically for an answer.

    “Engineering.”, Jamila says quickly, then adds, “He is a non-magical alchemist. These inventions powered by electricity would be capable of widespread use.”

    She looks almost pensive. Perhaps she usually talks so little for fear of using words that only make sense back in some other world.

    Omar looks thoughtful, then dabs his brow with a silk handkerchief. He smiles.

    “I’ll see if I can locate Minister Doshi. He’s pulling a late one to deal with an issue with, well, an issue with housing, let us say.”

    “Wait here please.”

    Omar leaves, and the guard stays outside.

    Bran, who does Omar remind you of?

    Endless_Serpents on
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Omar reminds Bran of one of his uncles, a scholar by the name of Godfrey. Godfrey was always a curious man, and one of the few of Bran's extended family that didn't look down on him for his aptitudes.

    It still nags at Bran a little that Uncle Godfrey was one of his first marks after the young thief made his way out into the world. Only a little, though, and he's convinced himself that Godfrey would understand, were they to ever meet again.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    That headache is getting worse Bran. Your tricksy rope slips some, so you pull it back into place. You’re just stressed out, you think.

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited March 7
    Over telepathic link:
    How's it going, Gisard? We're tied up with a bureaucrat up front.

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    We are exploring our optionsss. They seem to have puzzle-obsessed lunatics designing buildings in thisss world too, remindsss me of the architecture department back at Ssardak.

    Gisard moves to quietly check the south devil door as he did the north one.

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited March 7
    Gisard & Pomme

    7bs7w57q1t3p.jpeg

    Gisard, you crack the door and peer into the gloom. Not so much as a candle in here to provide light. However, another door is ajar, and casts a faint light into the room. Just enough to allow you to tell it is a practice room for the guards.

    There are a couple of large targets. A spear is stuck in one. There are shelves with wooden training weapons and a few real ones. Tucked into a corner is a glass case with awards and other mementos. Everything is in shadow.

    There are two doors, a closed southern one and an open western one. You’d need to be closer to learn any more about them (whether one needs a key etc.).

    Gisard, Bran is a lot quieter over your telepathic link than people usually are.

    Pomme! You hear the sound of footsteps. They’re heading your way. Whoever it is moves slow, they’re not keeping a march like a guard should. Who could it be?

    No time to find out Pomme, what do you do?

    Endless_Serpents on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    There may be something interfering with magic in this place, the telepathic link is weaker than normal. We may lose contact at some point.

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Hours ago...


    “Bring the plan forward. No! Listen to me, this is it! Whether or not they actually accomplish anything we can use them—the cause needs a symbol.”

    Noah is in a heated debate with several people at a warehouse. Some are rough looking characters, others could be mothers, fathers, grandparents from all walks of life. There’s more other folk than humans, but they are all in this together.

    “The people are restless, they no longer feel safe! And when oppression offers no protection even the most cynical man will rise up with us.”

    Noah steps onto a crate.

    “Pull the whole bit: Amlah sent them here to fight back against the government, say their cause was righteous. Say there really is something hidden in parliament. It doesn’t matter if there is or not! Live or dead, ‘our god’ has shown he opposes the church and their puppets.”

    A stout, bearded woman chimes in, “Can we trust them should they survive their burglary attempt?”

    “Yes. They even asked me to cause a riot as part of their plan. They’ll never know there’s more going on until they’re in the thick of it.”

    A couple of younger people are talking as this goes on, “Plus the church has to validate their divine birth to keep the masses from believing in other worlds...”

    The stout woman strokes her beard thoughtfully, “Can you wrangle the goblins on such short notice Mister Spice?”

    A fat elderly goblin hops up and down, chattering zealously.

    “Then... I say tonight’s the night.”, a mean looking fellow says, lighting a long pipe, “Tonight’s the night.”

    Murmurs turn to discussion turn to planning, and Mister Spice runs like a mad dog out of the warehouse and away to wherever it is goblins go.

    OOC: You’re not allowed to use this outside knowledge. I just wanted you to know things have been occurring beyond your control, and that’s going to continue. Especially for one of you in particular!

    NipsGrogBahamutZEROWassermelone
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited March 8
    [ooc: love it. can we see what Hao-Gou's up to too?]

    Grog on
    rm4k6cctdpin.png

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited March 8
    Earlier. Outside Ali’s mansion.

    Hao-Gou, mid rest, jumps to his feet with a start. His heart (made of jade) races.

    “Hello. Who’s a good dog? Who’s a good dog? Don’t answer. In fact I order you not to say what you’ve seen. I’ve business to attend to.”

    Hao-Gou whines, and lays back down.

    “I’ll catch up with you later shishi.”

    Gisard steps out of the mansion to speak with him, and there is no one else to be seen.



    Now. Upon a hill some distance away, overlooking parliament.

    “You’re in pain shishi.”

    A thin shadow crawls across Hao-Gou, though not the way the moonlight or setting sun should point it.

    “I have followed your every order since our pact was made.” Hao-Gou replies defensively.

    He doesn’t take his eyes off parliament, he doesn’t move at all, fearing the sight of his master.

    Glamjin is lounging on a plush chair. He’s dressed like a quintessential elf, his clothing is made entirely of large dark green leaves. Were you there to see him—it—you’d swear he was a couple of years older than when you saw him last, brief though the encounter was.

    In a casual tone he replies, “You followed the letter of my order when my game began, but not the intent. That’s not what celestials do, is it shishi? That hurts, doesn’t it?”

    Glamjin’s voice darkens, and his face appears sharper, less fae, purple with rage, “I asked you a question earlier. Do you want to know the answer? It’s not you. You’re not a good dog. You couldn’t guard your heaven from me, you failed, and you won’t disobey me again.”

    The Prince of Portals becomes whimsical once more, clicking his fingers to change his attire into an outrageously extravagant teal number, complete with gem encrusted tiara and a deep blue cape.

    “But, the heroes taming a wild beast does fulfill one of the optional tropes I require, so you can stay with them for now. Oh, and do drop that ball, it’s simply worthless.”

    Glamjin vanishes, and its at least twenty seconds before Hao-Gou dares to breath out.

    Endless_Serpents on
    BahamutZERONipsWassermelone
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    OOC: don't you be mean to hao-gou! you bastard!

    BahamutZERO.gif
    GrogEndless_SerpentsNipsWassermelone
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited March 9
    Pomme, hearing someone coming, whispers to Fleur 'Stay hidden, and then after they pass, knock over something further down the hall. And then stay hidden again!' Pomme then gestures Fleur to the ceiling before pushing Gisard into the darkened room.*

    Quietly - 'Gisard, what was in that other room? And have you heard from the others? And where's Noah's promised distraction. We need these guards and others pulled away from us'

    Pomme then looks around. 'A training room. Oh. God I hope that doorway doesn't lead where I think it might lead.'

    *ooc: Intention is the pass where Fleur is, Fleur makes a noise back where they came from, and they turn around to go back that way

    Wassermelone on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    "A sssleeping person with a key and a puzzle nonsense door. No idea what the key is for."

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Pomme & Gisard

    The person stops as Fleur knocks down a portrait.

    “Windy night.”, he declares to the empty hall.

    It’s an old man. Gisard, you put who he is together quickly. It’s the guy—Omar—that greeted Bran and the others.

    He stands there and closes his eyes. His eyes flicker wildly under his eyelids. Then he walks on. Walks so damn close to where you’re hidden.

    He opens the door into the prayer room and wakes up the person sleeping inside.

    You put your wolfish ear to the door Pomme.

    “Minister Doshi, I hope Amlah has given you a revelation in your dreams, but you have a meeting to attend.”, Omar chuckles.

    “Oh I... was just resting my eyes. A meeting? It must have slipped my mind.”, Doshi’s voice cracks as he looks up to Omar.

    Omar helps him onto his feet. They walk back to Bran. Guards are already investigating the disturbance caused by Fleur.

    So what do you do now?



    Holly & Bran

    The guard steps aside and Omar returns with Minister Doshi. Doshi introduces himself and pleasantries are tossed back and forth.

    “Please join me in our lounge, your energy concepts and expedition idea intrigue me young sir.”, Minister Doshi says, “But I’ll need a thorough explaination and an example, of course, before we can look over monetary requirements.”

    So you go with him, hoping to get a little deeper into the place. You cross the hallway that leads back to the entrance... and—

    Holly, your lack of eyes lock with Lady Lateef. She’s with a lanky human that looks like he or she got dressed in the dark.

    You overhear them say, “I am Athidris Paleraven. I am an adult here to do adult things.”

    Lady Lateef elbows them in the ribs discreetly, then takes over talking to the guards.

    By the time you lose sight of them they’re in, and in much better graces than you were.

    Bran, you know a fake name when you hear one. Fake name, when’d you last get that feeling?

    OOC: Expanded map inbound tomorrow morning!

Sign In or Register to comment.