Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Forget your New Year's diet in the [Bad Food] thread

3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheeseRegistered User regular
CONSUME AND BE NOURISHED THEREBY

I mean, I'd take Nick Offerman's spikey cat dick willingly
XaquinAndy JoeKaplarsarukunZonugalSlacker71
«134567102

Posts

  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    I ate Nacho Fries over the weekend. Still good.

    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork


    Xaquin3clipse
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Did they have Heinz caviar? Because if not...

    Mugsley wrote:
    So now I need to get it trimmed and adjusted, and all in.

    Steam:MichaelLC
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I ate Chipotle yesterday for dinner

    I am strongly considering eating Chipotle for dinner tonight

    White Rice (no cilantro)
    Fajita Veggies
    Black Beans
    Chorizo
    Hot Salsa
    Sour Cream
    Cheese
    Guac

    mmmmm

    Kaplarsarukun
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Starting the thread off right.

    I mean, I'd take Nick Offerman's spikey cat dick willingly
    XaquinbowenTynnanErin The RedsarukunZonugalStiltsSlacker71
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I ate Chipotle yesterday for dinner

    I am strongly considering eating Chipotle for dinner tonight

    White Rice (no cilantro)
    Fajita Veggies
    Black Beans
    Chorizo
    Hot Salsa
    Sour Cream
    Cheese
    Guac

    mmmmm

    Chipotle is okay, but I think I prefer Qdoba for large burritos.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    jkylefulton
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I ate Chipotle yesterday for dinner

    I am strongly considering eating Chipotle for dinner tonight

    White Rice (no cilantro)
    Fajita Veggies
    Black Beans
    Chorizo
    Hot Salsa
    Sour Cream
    Cheese
    Guac

    mmmmm

    Chipotle is okay, but I think I prefer Qdoba for large burritos.

    we had one here but it closed in about a month and I never got to try it out. I just figured it must have been bad =p

  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I like Moe's

    Fresh pressed tortillas, heck yeah

    wb5cft.png
    3clipseXaquinPeenDouglasDanger
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Did they have Heinz caviar? Because if not...


    oh I hate this

    XaquinCommander ZoomMichaelLCErin The RedtynicLost Salientchrishallett83ZonugalchromdomSlacker71LoisLaneNightDragonJoolanderDyvim Tvar
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I like Moe's

    Fresh pressed tortillas, heck yeah

    Moe's is my preferred chain TexMex as well.

    Taco Bell is not included in that consideration IMO because it's its own weird, delicious thing.

    I mean, I'd take Nick Offerman's spikey cat dick willingly
    XaquinE.Coyote
  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    We’ve basically got chipotle or freebirds here and I typically go with chipotle.

    Freebirds has more topping options but they’re blander and not quite as good usually.

    Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I like Moe's

    Fresh pressed tortillas, heck yeah

    Moe's is my preferred chain TexMex as well.

    Taco Bell is not included in that consideration IMO because it's its own weird, delicious thing.

    I have to say that after 22 years of loving Taco Bell, I had some a couple weeks ago and it just wasn't good. Not even bad good. It was just a plain flavorless mass. I'll give it a month and try again.

  • QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Did they have Heinz caviar? Because if not...


    oh I hate this

    The BEST case scenario here is using those in a dish that would already use ketchup, for a textural element. But I don't hardly ever want a "burst" of ketchup on anything.

  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Mori worked as a cook at a Freebirds in San Jose (they paid everyone minimum wage with no extras and eventually shut down and withdrew from the Bay Area citing expenses) while I was pregnant and I made the poor guy shower immediately after every shift because just being in the same room as him made me vomit.

    sig.jpg
  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    Oh noooooo

    Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
    sarukun
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    That's just spherified ketchup, you could make that at home with some stuff you can buy on Amazon.

    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    QuantumTurkCouscous
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    edited January 28
    Alternatively, tapioca maltodextrin with ketchup is really fuckin weird in a different way. Dry ketchup!

    Pinfeldorf on
    jgeis
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Qdoba, Chipotle, Moe's, etc, are pretty poorly positioned in a place like LA. If I want a really cheap burrito I go to Taco Bell, but if I'm going to spend $6+ on a single burrito I have dozens of local Mexican joints that make a way better burrito than any of the chains. There's just no reason to go to a chain like Chipotle.

    [
    BahamutZEROCommander ZoomchromdomLoisLane
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Even in deep norcal there's tons of mexican restaurants. It's great.

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    @Rorshach Kringle I ate a turnpike cheesesteak with whiz and it was excellent

    Tube wrote: »
    I was legit hoping that Shorty was somehow mistaken and the world wasn't that fucked
    Rorshach KringleErin The RedZonugalDouglasDangerSlacker71
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Alternatively, tapioca maltodextrin with ketchup is really fuckin weird in a different way. Dry ketchup!

    Maltodextrin is amazing in ways both wonderful and horrifying

    Commander ZoomPinfeldorf
  • StericaSterica Wow! That was shit.Registered User, Moderator mod
    It’s Valentine’s season, in which I pay good money to eat sweetened chalk just because.

    YL9WnCY.png
    Erin The RedStilts
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    It’s Valentine’s season, in which I pay good money to eat sweetened chalk just because.

    don't forget incredibly low-grade chocolate!

    I mean, I'd take Nick Offerman's spikey cat dick willingly
    Sorce
  • KaplarKaplar Registered User regular
    Izzo's is my favorite tex mex burrito place. A medium burrito(which is still friggin huge)meal can run you about $15.

    Erin The Red
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    Qdoba, Chipotle, Moe's, etc, are pretty poorly positioned in a place like LA. If I want a really cheap burrito I go to Taco Bell, but if I'm going to spend $6+ on a single burrito I have dozens of local Mexican joints that make a way better burrito than any of the chains. There's just no reason to go to a chain like Chipotle.

    Ex-mex is cheating though. Try somewhere in the rest of the country...

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    "Rorshach Kringle" I ate a turnpike cheesesteak with whiz and it was excellent

    they are so goddamned good

    i am so glad you finally took the plunge

    6jomko.png
    Shorty
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »
    Qdoba, Chipotle, Moe's, etc, are pretty poorly positioned in a place like LA. If I want a really cheap burrito I go to Taco Bell, but if I'm going to spend $6+ on a single burrito I have dozens of local Mexican joints that make a way better burrito than any of the chains. There's just no reason to go to a chain like Chipotle.

    Ex-mex is cheating though. Try somewhere in the rest of the country...

    I mean I grew up in a town of 2500 people in Michigan and had a better Mexican place than Chipotle, it's not impossible.

    [
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Most towns probably have a proper Mexican place that's better than Chipotle. Pretty low bar.

    I mean, I'd take Nick Offerman's spikey cat dick willingly
    Erin The RedKetarMichaelLCZonugalJoolanderjkylefulton
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    chipotle is fine

    it's like taco bell, in that it's so far removed from the culinary tradition it is derived from that it seems pointless to compare them

    nobody's eating at chipotle because they think it's good Mexican food, they're eating at chipotle because they want a giant fuck-off burrito for eight bucks and they want it three minutes from now

    Tube wrote: »
    I was legit hoping that Shorty was somehow mistaken and the world wasn't that fucked
    3clipseKaplarsarukunMichaelLC#pipeAlexandierchromdomThe Escape GoatmasterofmetroidStiltsSlacker71LoisLanecaligynefob
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »
    Qdoba, Chipotle, Moe's, etc, are pretty poorly positioned in a place like LA. If I want a really cheap burrito I go to Taco Bell, but if I'm going to spend $6+ on a single burrito I have dozens of local Mexican joints that make a way better burrito than any of the chains. There's just no reason to go to a chain like Chipotle.

    Ex-mex is cheating though. Try somewhere in the rest of the country...

    I mean I grew up in a town of 2500 people in Michigan and had a better Mexican place than Chipotle, it's not impossible.

    The operative word there was "dozens", which... I'm jealous.

    I do know a couple good local places. But Taco Bell is like, 1/3 the drive as any of them.

    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    See I feel like Chipotle is at least trying to approximate a good burrito experience and given the cost I can't justify it. Like they trot out chorizo and sofrito as notable items, that to me makes them more direct competitors to the local Mexican joint.

    [
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    They slather on sour cream and hot sauce like they have to get rid of it

    love Chipotle

    I think I may get some again tonight

  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    if your town has a qdoba, you should never be spending time at chipotle

    6jomko.png
    3clipseDouglasDangerOptySlacker71jkylefulton
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    if your town has a qdoba, you should never be spending time at chipotle

    our qdoba closed in a month

  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    I go to chipotle occasionally because there is one directly across from the bar where I do playtests for my game and sometimes it just works out that it's the best food option available

    Tube wrote: »
    I was legit hoping that Shorty was somehow mistaken and the world wasn't that fucked
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    if your town has a qdoba, you should never be spending time at chipotle

    our qdoba closed in a month

    my condolences

    6jomko.png
    3clipseMichaelLCDouglasDangerSlacker71LoisLane
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited January 28
    I miss Qdoba from my time in New England. We only have Chipotle and Moe's in Ohio and Moe's is better but it's no Qdoba. Near my house there's a Tex Mex place that makes a seafood chimichanga that weighs four pounds and is covered in like a quart of queso though so if I've got time I'm just doing that.

    Mai-Kero on
    XaquinRorshach KringlechromdomThe Escape Goat
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    We've got a great local chain place called Taco Burrito King.

    They make a damn fine taco:
    ywe7wkpai9ez.jpg

    Mugsley wrote:
    So now I need to get it trimmed and adjusted, and all in.

    Steam:MichaelLC
    XaquinBahamutZEROsarukunErin The RedKaplarDouglasDangerchromdomLoisLanejkylefulton
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I had chipotle

    I forgot the guacamole though

  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    chipotle got a lot better once they acknowledged they were being stupid by not having queso

    Tube wrote: »
    I was legit hoping that Shorty was somehow mistaken and the world wasn't that fucked
    Xaquinsarukun
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I just made my own version of klingon raktajino from ds9

    Moka pot coffee with cinnamon cardemom sugar (and a splash of Jameson)

    JedocXaquingrrmushaBahamutZEROErin The Redchrishallett83Sorce3clipse
This discussion has been closed.