As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Forget your New Year's diet in the [Bad Food] thread

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    i have a coupon so i am making grubhub deliver taco bell to me for camp counseling tonight

Sounds like the perfect end to a shitty week.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Taco Bell has a $7 delivery charge for me via DoorDash

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    That's piracy.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    No it’s highway robbery.

Piracy is if they deliver in a boat.

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Evey time I ordered through GrubHub or Foodler and it's super late it just meant the food became magically free which worked out okay for me.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Evey time I ordered through GrubHub or Foodler and it's super late it just meant the food became magically free which worked out okay for me.

Mine was 2 hours late it was decidedly not free and I couldn't cancel

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I've got so many restaurants within like 2 miles of me that I feel like a lazy asshole if I don't just get in my car and get the food myself.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    i have a coupon so i am making grubhub deliver taco bell to me for camp counseling tonight

Well at least someone will deliver at camp counseling tonight.

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    I've got so many restaurants within like 2 miles of me that I feel like a lazy asshole if I don't just get in my car and get the food myself.

Yeah but. I want to be a lazy asshole(that tips) sometimes.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Well at least someone will deliver at camp counseling tonight.

how fucking dare you

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I ate so much meat guys.

One of my friends had never been there and he's the purest, nicest person I've ever met and also an absolute black hole of food. His husband and I were explaining how a Brazilian steakhouse works and when we got to "so you flip the tile and they keep bringing you meat until you're done, basically; totally all you can eat" the expression of sheer joy on his face gave me hope for the future of humanity.

• Options
    "This tile appears glued to the table."

• Options
    Next time I go to Fogo I think I'll go for the salad bar only option, because while the meat is great that is a salad bar of heavenly bliss.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Speaking of Fogo, I have discovered their newest restaurant and I fear that there may be a big, big problem for me (and my collection of assorted blood tubes) in the near future.

Allow Google maps to illustrate for me.
    s5s6zudr8cji.png
    I live near the top dot of that map.
    The destination is the new Fogo.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    3clipse wrote: »
    I ate so much meat guys.

One of my friends had never been there and he's the purest, nicest person I've ever met and also an absolute black hole of food. His husband and I were explaining how a Brazilian steakhouse works and when we got to "so you flip the tile and they keep bringing you meat until you're done, basically; totally all you can eat" the expression of sheer joy on his face gave me hope for the future of humanity.

Nice. Also. Happy birthday!

Kaplar on
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    The closest Fogo is about 7 minutes away from home. We've only gone there once or twice in the 4 years we've been here, even though it's great. The price goes a long way in making it easier to resist.

• Options
    kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    I bought a pork butt.

I made dinner, ate dinner, then cracked a beer and started breaking down my pork butt into boneless pieces of appropriate weight (I'm not going to cook 9 lbs of pork butt at once). I ended up with 4 freezer bags of around 1 3/4 lbs each.

However, while I was mindlessly carving meat around a giant shoulder blade bone, I got to thinking about my dinner. It got depressing, the more I thought about it.

There were countless generations of human beings that could never even envision a turkey-avocado club sandwich.

The bread was from the old world. The lettuce, as well. The tomatos, though, were new world veggies. The bacon was old world, but the turkey was new world. The swiss cheese was old world, but the avocado was new world. The mayo was an old world sauce.

There's no way to build this absolute gem of a sandwich until the two worlds combined. And even then you really couldn't even get an avocado until the 80's, unless you lived in very specific locations (like SoCal or Florida).

Other cultures have their core foods. Rice, noodles, beans. My culture, person of 1, has the core food of a turkey-avocado club sandwich. It's my base food. If I had my own language, my word for food and my word for turkey-avocado club sandwiches would be one and the same.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    I ate so much meat guys.

Nice. Also. Happy birthday!

Thank you!

• Options
    kilnborn wrote: »
    I bought a pork butt.

I made dinner, ate dinner, then cracked a beer and started breaking down my pork butt into boneless pieces of appropriate weight (I'm not going to cook 9 lbs of pork butt at once). I ended up with 4 freezer bags of around 1 3/4 lbs each.

However, while I was mindlessly carving meat around a giant shoulder blade bone, I got to thinking about my dinner. It got depressing, the more I thought about it.

There were countless generations of human beings that could never even envision a turkey-avocado club sandwich.

The bread was from the old world. The lettuce, as well. The tomatos, though, were new world veggies. The bacon was old world, but the turkey was new world. The swiss cheese was old world, but the avocado was new world. The mayo was an old world sauce.

There's no way to build this absolute gem of a sandwich until the two worlds combined. And even then you really couldn't even get an avocado until the 80's, unless you lived in very specific locations (like SoCal or Florida).

Other cultures have their core foods. Rice, noodles, beans. My culture, person of 1, has the core food of a turkey-avocado club sandwich. It's my base food. If I had my own language, my word for food and my word for turkey-avocado club sandwiches would be one and the same.

What’s your immigration policy like?

• Options
    kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    I bought a pork butt.

What's your religion?

Don't have one.

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    I bought a pork butt.

What’s your immigration policy like?

Anyone can join, it's not an exclusive club.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I've been having porridge for breakfast a lot lately. Normally I either mix in peanut butter or a mashed up banana. Today I put in both and the resulting goo tasted like warm ice cream. I actually felt like I was breaking a rule by having it for breakfast.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    I really like porridge.

All varieties of porridge.

Hot, wet grain is just good.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    that all sounds horrifying but I'm glad that it can bring you joy

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I woke up and my wife had bought me cinnamon buns from the bakery down the street and was hand squeezing orange juice for me. The delicious engorgement continues.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I really like porridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yr_etbfZtQ

hot wet rice.
    i realize many people enjoy this but it is one dish i cannot get behind personally AT ALL AT ALL but especially for breakfast

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I have started eating a decent amount of vegetables for like the first time in my life.

The fiber really makes using the toilet different.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I really like porridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yr_etbfZtQ

hot wet rice.
    i realize many people enjoy this but it is one dish i cannot get behind personally AT ALL AT ALL but especially for breakfast

I had never heard of this before, but I now love The Katering Show!
    Thank you very much for posting this!

(Also, risotto is delicious provided someone else makes it)

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I have started eating a decent amount of vegetables for like the first time in my life.

The fiber really makes using the toilet different.

Once you start eating a pound of wood shavings for breakfast, your life really changes.

Also, yes, The Katering Show is amazing!

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Well I would rather have it at home because those same restautants are the place for some people

• Options
    I bought a pork butt.

I am convinced that the way to world peace ultimately lies in cuisine. Food is the easiest way to see cultures intermingle, borrow, and combine to form a greater whole.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Wife and I had the laziest Saturday yesterday. Stayed in bed til around 3pm, had zero obligations, hung out on the couch watching tv/computer, then ordered IHOP through waitr for dinner. She was craving a burger so she got that and I got the breakfast sandwich on sourdough which is better than is has any right to be. My dish came with a breakfast side and hers came with a lunch/dinner side so I got pancakes, she got onion rings, and we swapped. So she had a burger with a side of pancakes. Decadent way to end a great day.

Kaplar on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    That sounds like a scene from the movie Big.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    For dinner today, I made burgs with potato sticks and mozzarella, and a side of baked curly fries.

Potato sticks are a surprisingly solid burger ingredient. Lots of good crunch.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    today I bought 3 mini burgs and 2 large fries from mcdonalds

i'm very angry at myself

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I just had a chimichanga

it wasn't great but it wasn't awful either

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    My morning trip to ihop for breakfast was tragically cut short when some fellow happily decided that ihop should open a drive through and opted to help them do so by driving his car through the front door.

Nobody was hurt and they did not charge us for our meal. I felt bad though so i still left a tip

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I cant wait to be able to eat chips again...

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    @Moriveth just made the blandest chicken fried rice I have ever had.

Maybe now the kids will finally eat it...

At least we have hot sauce for our own plates!

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    OMG Anya just said her favourite food is cucumber

There is no hope for my daughter

This discussion has been closed.