As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Forget your New Year's diet in the [Bad Food] thread

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    If she were a spice, she’d be flour

If she were a book, she’d be two books

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    I really like porridge.

All varieties of porridge.

Hot, wet grain is just good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yr_etbfZtQ

hot wet rice.
    i realize many people enjoy this but it is one dish i cannot get behind personally AT ALL AT ALL but especially for breakfast

That was fantastic but also dinner porridge sounds incredible and I want it.

• Options
    chromdom wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    I really like porridge.

All varieties of porridge.

Hot, wet grain is just good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yr_etbfZtQ

hot wet rice.
    i realize many people enjoy this but it is one dish i cannot get behind personally AT ALL AT ALL but especially for breakfast

I had never heard of this before, but I now love The Katering Show!
    Thank you very much for posting this!

(Also, risotto is delicious provided someone else makes it)

I make good risotto and I don’t make it literally every fucking day so it’s completely fine.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    One of my favourite snacks growing up was slices of cucumber with salt and pepper.

Just saying, Anya's in pretty poor company.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    I has fancy oatmeal for breakfast yesterdan and it was super good but also no porridge-y enough.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    OMG Anya just said her favourite food is cucumber

There is no hope for my daughter

cucumber fuckin' sucks! tell her she's wrong!

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    wow i didn't realize how badly you were failing as parents.

cucumbers.

my god.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the only acceptable uses for cucumbers are fermenting and as a tzatziki component

that is all

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    the only acceptable uses for cucumbers are fermenting and as a tzatziki component

that is all

I have dvds that say otherwise

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    To all the people insulting the humble cucumber: gay kocken offen yom

That's right, I'm breaking out the Yiddish

That's how serious I am about this

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Cucumbers are great

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Cucumbers are good in salad and in a brine

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Cucumbers are great!

They turn into pickles and those are even better!

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    i was a very picky eater as a kid

i'd only eat cucumbers with ketchup

now i don't eat cucumbers at all!

personal growth is great

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular

wat

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I eat fried fish and shrimp with ketchup, always have, and likely always will. Tartar sauce is inferior.

BEGUN, THE FOOD WARS HAVE

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular

wat

i make no justifications

i just really hated cucumbers and really loved ketchup

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    I grew up with german cucumber salad, which is cucumbers with vinegar, oil and sugar. Ketchup is pretty much vinegar and sugar.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I eat fried fish and shrimp with ketchup, always have, and likely always will. Tartar sauce is inferior.

BEGUN, THE FOOD WARS HAVE

I also enjoy fried fish and shrimp with ketchup. I like cocktail sauce more (the horseradish heat is great) but ketchup is always welcome.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

for a long time my nephew's favourite food was lettuce sandwiches.

White bread
    margarine
    Iceberg lettuce.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    One of my favorite foods is thin sliced cucumbers and white onions in a marinade of white vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, and dill.

jgeis on
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Porridge talk:

Congee is one of the world's great foods, even though it was probably invented by somebody who was either really lazy, really poor, really new to cooking rice, or any combination thereof. You can put almost anything you like in it that is salty or savory and it will be good. To wit, common things added to congee include raw green onions, sliced fish, sliced beef, pork floss, diced pickles of many kinds, salted eggs, preserved eggs, fried peanuts, fried noodles, fried dumpling wrappers, fried bread, potato chips, meatballs, roasted duck bones, roasted pig bones, etc. that's not even an exhaustive listing of things that would be considered COMMON for congee, let alone things that would be considered WEIRD for congee!

Congee reminds you that porridge is made by people with whatever they had on hand, and they experimented and found stuff that worked and then told their friends about how "yo I put this in congee and it was great" and the knowledge of that spread. If you told me you made congee to eat with your fried chicken, I'd say gimme summa dat

Congee reminds me that oatmeal is a weirdly narrowly defined food throughout my life, which has been lived almost entirely in the Western world. You put a sweetener in it, which is usually white/brown sugar or honey. You put some dried fruits in it, which are usually raisins. You might put some chopped nuts or peanut butter in it, but that's something which surprised people I knew when I told them I did that. And that's.... it. It's kinda strange that so little variation exists in it. If I ordered some at Denny's and poured pancake syrup into it, I'd probably get giggles from the kids sitting at a nearby table followed by them asking their parents about the weird guy pouring syrup onto everything. I really like oatmeal, too!

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    l_g wrote: »
    Porridge talk:

Congee is one of the world's great foods, even though it was probably invented by somebody who was either really lazy, really poor, really new to cooking rice, or any combination thereof. You can put almost anything you like in it that is salty or savory and it will be good. To wit, common things added to congee include raw green onions, sliced fish, sliced beef, pork floss, diced pickles of many kinds, salted eggs, preserved eggs, fried peanuts, fried noodles, fried dumpling wrappers, fried bread, potato chips, meatballs, roasted duck bones, roasted pig bones, etc. that's not even an exhaustive listing of things that would be considered COMMON for congee, let alone things that would be considered WEIRD for congee!

Congee reminds you that porridge is made by people with whatever they had on hand, and they experimented and found stuff that worked and then told their friends about how "yo I put this in congee and it was great" and the knowledge of that spread. If you told me you made congee to eat with your fried chicken, I'd say gimme summa dat

Congee reminds me that oatmeal is a weirdly narrowly defined food throughout my life, which has been lived almost entirely in the Western world. You put a sweetener in it, which is usually white/brown sugar or honey. You put some dried fruits in it, which are usually raisins. You might put some chopped nuts or peanut butter in it, but that's something which surprised people I knew when I told them I did that. And that's.... it. It's kinda strange that so little variation exists in it. If I ordered some at Denny's and poured pancake syrup into it, I'd probably get giggles from the kids sitting at a nearby table followed by them asking their parents about the weird guy pouring syrup onto everything. I really like oatmeal, too!

There wouldn't be anything unusual about using fresh fruits in your oatmeal, rather than just dried fruits.

But, just look at all of the varieties of Quaker instant oatmeal: https://www.quakeroats.com/products/hot-cereals/InstantOatmeal.aspx

Maple with various other things. Bananas/peaches/blueberries/strawberries and cream. Peanut butter and honey or banana. Apple and fig. Coconut & caramel. Pumpkin spice. Banana bread. Apple & cranberry. Raisin, date & walnut. And so on.

People like more variation in oatmeal than you seem to think.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Sliced cucumbers with a dash (Just a dash.) of salt is a delightful snack you people are weird.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular

Nature's corndogs

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

for a long time my nephew's favourite food was lettuce sandwiches.

White bread
    margarine
    Iceberg lettuce.

Better watch that kid, he sounds like a wild one

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »

Nature's corndogs

Kappa!

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    SHOW ME THE EGG, MCDONALDS

SHOW ME THE FUCKING EGG

Okay now here comes the hard part McDonalds. Show me a Clean bathroom.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    I woke up and my wife had bought me cinnamon buns from the bakery down the street and was hand squeezing orange juice for me. The delicious engorgement continues.

See, this is when Diamonds are appropriate. otherwise, they are just rocks.

• Options

wat

*backs away slowly*

• Options
    Well I got a very pleasant surprise yesterday. I drove to the east side of cleveland to browse a microcenter and happened to pass by a Smoothie King. I'm from New Orleans, and they are a southern chain mostly. I stopped in to partake and found that they are growing up here and one is being built near where i live on the west side. Super cool! Smoothie shops are a dime a dozen but Smoothie King really is the king.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    If she were a spice, she’d be flour.

I’m probably going to steal this, it’s perfect for a lot of people.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Ketar wrote: »
    l_g wrote: »
    Porridge talk:

There wouldn't be anything unusual about using fresh fruits in your oatmeal, rather than just dried fruits.

But, just look at all of the varieties of Quaker instant oatmeal: https://www.quakeroats.com/products/hot-cereals/InstantOatmeal.aspx

Maple with various other things. Bananas/peaches/blueberries/strawberries and cream. Peanut butter and honey or banana. Apple and fig. Coconut & caramel. Pumpkin spice. Banana bread. Apple & cranberry. Raisin, date & walnut. And so on.

People like more variation in oatmeal than you seem to think.

Similar topic id like to get on. Why is it so rare to see a cereal that has peaches (dried) in it? The only one i know of right now is a Special K variety that also forces you to eat the little plastic tasting probiotic yogert pieces along with the peaches.

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    Today I learned of chimichanga

and I am legit annoyed they don't seem to exist anywhere near me.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Cucumber goes great in tuna salad.

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    Cucumber goes great in tuna salad.

Cucumbers are good. especially as a vehicle to get the dressing into my mouth.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    There's also a large difference in store bought ones and ones from a farmer's market or home grown.

Enough where you're like "wow what the fuck have I been eating?"

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Triscuits are legit

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    The low sodium triscuits make me cry from what could have been.

• Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Today I learned of chimichanga

and I am legit annoyed they don't seem to exist anywhere near me.

"Be the change you want to see in the world."

tKfL2Yd.png?1
This discussion has been closed.