As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Forget your New Year's diet in the [Bad Food] thread

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I am incredibly upset right now and I can't really be upset at anyone.

I ordered Dominos for supper because the chicken breasts I was going to use hadn't thawed.

I ordered the garlic bread, a medium pizza which I would eat like 1/4 and save the rest for another day, and Cinnamon sticks.
    It arrived, great, tasty garlic bread, tasty pizza, took like an hour and a half break to get hungry again.

Open the container for the cinnamon sticks.

It's another garlic bread.

Crushed.
    Called the dominos location and they said they didn't have a driver available, but that I could get a free cinnamon sticks next time I ordered, which is good.

But I was really craving that cinnamon.

Do you have any cinnamon on hand?
    'Cause you already have some bread...

I don't, thankfully because I just gagged thinking about doing so

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Hmm.

I can see making pickled something that works on cupcakes. Pickled ginger is in the right ballpark I think. But not cucumber, at least not the usual kind.

I have tried candied jalapenos. Those may fit the bill. They're pickled and sweet and also spicy and uh. Very good

Erin The Red on
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I have eaten

way too many

pineapple tarts

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I have eaten

way too many

pineapple tarts

Now the pineapple shall eat you

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    shipped in some of my favorite chocolate snack and promptly went through a can and a half in about an hour

why do I do this

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    gimmie the pickle

gimmie the brine

I cannot get enough sour.

• kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    gimmie the pickle

gimmie the brine

I feel like this should have rhymed.

Today I woke up and took out my leftover sausage country gravy, and was going to heat up some biscuits for it, but then had a thought.

I baked some frozen french fries, scrambled 2 eggs, then combined those, with the reheated gravy, in a tortilla. It was marvelous.

kilnborn wrote: »
    gimmie the pickle

gimmie the brine

Today I woke up and took out my leftover sausage country gravy, and was going to heat up some biscuits for it, but then had a thought.

I baked some frozen french fries, scrambled 2 eggs, then combined those, with the reheated gravy, in a tortilla. It was marvelous.

gimmie the pickle

gimmie the brine

come on y'all

it's puckerin' time

• kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    kilnborn wrote: »
    gimmie the pickle

gimmie the brine

gimmie the pickle

gimmie the brine

come on y'all

it's puckerin' time

This does put a smile on my face.

am I dead?

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »

It's tres chic here but drinking the brine is the thing I have seen people dare each other

I did not fire him for making it but walking away from his job to buy the kool aid and generally goof off that day he was only there for roughly 3 weeks

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i use a lot of leftover homemade pickle brines for making salad dressings, and whatnot, and for adding a bit of vinegar to things

but the two main brines i've got are leftover from pears pickled in an apple cider vinegar brine, and a red wine vinegar one from pickled cabbage.

The mix of vinegar and sugar and a little spice, and whatever flavours soaked in from the pickled thing is absolutely great.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    got a cherry kool aid pack mixed it with the pickle brine and drank it

We all know the real reason you fired him. the man was obviously a monster.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    But if you drink the brine, you can't put garlic/onions/green beans/hot peppers/whatever into it to become delicious

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Yeah Little Caesars pretzel crust is pretty ok.

I will legit defend Caesars because it's not exactly the worst junk food item. It's cheap, but it's not so cheap they're using really shit ingredients because the ingredients for pizza are already dirt fucking cheap.

Like in terms of "tastes bad and is also bad" most fast food joints take the cake with that one. And if you want to see bad pizza, look no further than Cicis or Dominoes instead.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    aww Dominoes is pretty good

easily the best of the chain places around northern maryland at least

of course we only have:

Dominoes
    Little Caesars
    Pizza Hut
    Papa Johns

• m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »
    Yeah Little Caesars pretzel crust is pretty ok.

I will legit defend Caesars because it's not exactly the worst junk food item. It's cheap, but it's not so cheap they're using really shit ingredients because the ingredients for pizza are already dirt fucking cheap.

Like in terms of "tastes bad and is also bad" most fast food joints take the cake with that one. And if you want to see bad pizza, look no further than Cicis or Dominoes instead.

I have a friend from college who is a food scientist for Little Caesars. Her role is basically to design and oversee food prep safety, help source quality ingredients and occasionally try to keep the whacky ideas from marketing from being too unhealthy. The company is one of the few national chains who still makes all their dough from scratch in house every day.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    My only issue with Little Caesars is there's very little oversight for those pizzas they keep in the warmer. Some will sit there for an hour and the store, instead of tossing it, will hand it out and it just reduces the quality of the experience.

If you get it fresh... it beats the other chains hands down. Still doesn't even come close to a good local pizza joint. But for $5 it's a fantastic deal too.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    My only issue with Little Caesars is there's very little oversight for those pizzas they keep in the warmer. Some will sit there for an hour and the store, instead of tossing it, will hand it out and it just reduces the quality of the experience.

If you get it fresh... it beats the other chains hands down. Still doesn't even come close to a good local pizza joint. But for $5 it's a fantastic deal too.

It takes them 8 minutes to make a fresh one. I always wait.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I have eaten

way too many

pineapple tarts

Now do you have

pineapple farts?

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    He IS a pineapple fart, now.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I'm not the biggest fan of Little Caesar's because of their sauce, but you can't beat the price

also I can't buy the crazy bread, I'll just eat an entire bag without realizing it's happening

Shorty on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I'm not the biggest fan of Little Caesar's because of their sauce, but you can't beat the price

also I can't buy the crazy bread, I'll just eat an entire bag without realizing it's happening

My first job was at a Super K Mart (remember K mart?), it had a Little Ceaser's built in.
    So many nights my dinner was a bag of crazy bread and a coke.

I miss that metabolism.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    here is the list of food I cannot buy, except as a very special treat:

1) Cap'n Crunch
    2) Oreos
    3) Crazy bread
    4) Potato chips

Shorty on
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I tried the mega stuf oreos recently and that's finally the correct ratio for me to enjoy them

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    the lady and I got a package of the thin ones and destroyed it in about 12 hours

the lady and I got a package of the thin ones and destroyed it in about 12 hours

Those are seriously rookie numbers.

it's not something I want to get better at, is the point

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    There's this stuff called Puff'n Corn, which is hulless popcorn covered in cheese flavoring.

I let myself buy one bag a year.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    I discovered these a few weeks ago. They are damn good.

stubbs-sticky-sweet-cheese-curls-12-6-5-oz-bags-per-case-1.gif

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Ooh. I'll have to keep an eye out. Stubb's is a very solid grocery store sauce.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Jedoc wrote: »

I found them at BJ's warehouse club FYI.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Haven't tried the sauce, but their crockpot "Cookin' Sauces" make for an easy meal that's pretty tasty.

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I haven't exactly been keeping an eye out for it, it I finally ran across the throwback recipe cans of Chef Boyardee Beefaroni. I had to grab a couple to see if they're actually different/decent.

75uoqdm4xfby.jpg

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular

Try the pistachio oreo thins. ^.^

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    The only thing I will regularly devour compulsively is a pint of Haagan Das or Ben and Jerry's.

I will sometimes display the unbelievable restraint it takes to save half for the next night, but rarely. The better option is to split one with the wife.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    The little Caesars cinnamon bread chunks are very good Bad Food.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    I haven't exactly been keeping an eye out for it, it I finally ran across the throwback recipe cans of Chef Boyardee Beefaroni. I had to grab a couple to see if they're actually different/decent.

75uoqdm4xfby.jpg

It's disappointing
    I expected a better flavor or something

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I mentioned this in the fashion thread... but one of the top things I can't allow myself to buy are those candy-shell-covered chocolate Easter eggs. I don't know what it is, but they're impossible for me to put down.

The only chocolate I allow in my apartment is unsweetened baking cocoa, and "meh-tier" small chocolates (like Hershey's kisses) in the freezer.

Once every few years I might grab a package of Famous Chocolate Wafers...and then revisit the package in the kitchen so often that my roommate at the time only gets a wafer or two before the package is gone because I'm a wafer monster

Right @tynic ??

I think I had to buy a 2nd pack out of guilt hahaha

This discussion has been closed.