As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Witness the beginning of a [movies] thread

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I can't wait for Frozen II world in Kingdom Hearts 4.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I can't wait to watch Frozen II in Kingdom Hearts 4.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I really like Frozen, its a good movie

I'm interested to see a movie in which Anna and Elsa are actually together for a lot of it since thats not really the case in the first one

Also, this looks like an LoTR style (hopefully less boring) fantasy adventure which is really NOT what the first movie is, so its cool to see them doing something really different

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    bccyqvq9qc4b.jpg
    WB is making a Batman/TMNT Animated Movie based on the comic crossover from a few years ago.

Troy Baker will be voicing both Batman and Joker and will be joined by Darren Criss (Raphael), Kyle Mooney (Michelangelo), Baron Vaughn (Donatello), Eric Bauza (Leonardo), Rachel Bloom (Batgirl), Tom Kenny (The Penguin), John DiMaggio (Mr. Freeze), Tara Strong (Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy), Carlos Alazraqui (Bane), and Cas Anvar (Ra's al Ghul).

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    bccyqvq9qc4b.jpg
    WB is making a Batman/TMNT Animated Movie based on the comic crossover from a few years ago.

Troy Baker will be voicing both Batman and Joker and will be joined by Darren Criss (Raphael), Kyle Mooney (Michelangelo), Baron Vaughn (Donatello), Eric Bauza (Leonardo), Rachel Bloom (Batgirl), Tom Kenny (The Penguin), John DiMaggio (Mr. Freeze), Tara Strong (Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy), Carlos Alazraqui (Bane), and Cas Anvar (Ra's al Ghul).

Tom Kenny and John DiMaggio working together again but this time John is the ice king and Tom is simply a penguin

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Whoa wait just one second

Is that movie managing to use both Bane and Ra's al Ghul without whitewashing either one of them?

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Whoa wait just one second

Is that movie managing to use both Bane and Ra's al Ghul without whitewashing either one of them?
    What a time to be alive!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Yeah I was just noticing and about to ask the question if Carlos Alazraqui is the first South American guy to actually play Bane

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    that crossover is quite good and i hope they do the ghostbusters one next

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I'm more into that frozen trailer than I think I should be.

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Yeah I was just noticing and about to ask the question if Carlos Alazraqui is the first South American guy to actually play Bane
    Danny Trejo voices him in Young Justice. He is Mexican, but Santa Prisca is a fictional Caribbean national so I think having Bane be Latino versus any specific real world nation is pretty good

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Henry Silva, who voiced him in the animated series, was half Portuguese apparently

• Options
    calling a shot here: the final shot of that Frozen trailer is a misdirect and that's actually a comedic moment where Olaf sneaks up on them covered in a bunch of leaves or something

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I do think this is the first Batman adaptation to have Joker and Batman played by the same person?

Luckily Baker has already proved he is really good at both!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    calling a shot here: the final shot of that Frozen trailer is a misdirect and that's actually a comedic moment where Olaf sneaks up on them covered in a bunch of leaves or something

fine, but Anna still cuts him in half

• Options
    YaYa wrote: »

fine, but Anna still cuts him in half

oh he definitely dies for real

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I finally watched frozen before I did that world in KH3. It was pretty good but I didn’t enjoy it as much as the other more recent Disney movies and it seemed weird that it was the one every little kid latched on to.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    If the first movie taught us anything, it's that Olaf is an immortal hellbeast fueled by madness and he cannot be killed by any weapon nor craft that man possesses.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    https://deadline.com/2019/02/michael-b-jordan-picks-up-marlon-james-black-leopard-red-wolf-novel-outlier-society-warner-bros-1202551445/

I have no idea how well this book will translate to film, it's very long and a lot of the stuff that makes it so interesting is the prose and the actual language used. But goddamn if I'm not excited to see Michael B. Jordan take a crack at it.

Incidentally I think the worldbuilding and storytelling of Black Leopard, Red Wolf beats the absolute stuffing out of Game of Thrones, Kingkiller, Wheel of Time, or any other European-based fantasy series, and I really hope its success opens the floodgates on more scifi/fantasy with worldbuilding based in non-European mythology.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    I finally watched frozen before I did that world in KH3. It was pretty good but I didn’t enjoy it as much as the other more recent Disney movies and it seemed weird that it was the one every little kid latched on to.

I personally think Tangled is a better movie from the same era, but I can understand that like 60 percent of Frozen's appeal are the songs.

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    bccyqvq9qc4b.jpg

I LOVE EVERYTHING HERE

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    If the first movie taught us anything, it's that Olaf is an immortal hellbeast fueled by madness and he cannot be killed by any weapon nor craft that man possesses.

vlht3ui3pocy.png

Ryan North has this shit figured out.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I do think this is the first Batman adaptation to have Joker and Batman played by the same person?

Luckily Baker has already proved he is really good at both!
    in a way aren't Joker and Batman always the same person

maek u think

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Olaf is the best Frozen character

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I am watching game night
    I think my favorite thing so far is how every long outdoors shot looks like a model

what a fuckin' cool idea

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I just watched Battle Angel Alita. I thought it was stupid and bad and also I didn't like it very much

On the whole it suffers from what keeps being my problem with a lot of sci-fi/brand new world kind of things where it feels too stupid to have only a handful of characters be at the center of every grandiose thing happening

Everything that happens felt so on rails to me and unlike other janky cheese-storms like mortal engines this movie did not have any counterweight in the form of rad spectacle, weird side characters or even interesting eye candy for me. The closest it came to throwing me a bone was in the form of a character that had metal dogs, but there wasn't enough there either.

Oh well!

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Olaf is the best Frozen character

th5fv4horju7.gif

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I want a spin-off where the angry looking reindeer from Frozen joins the angry horse from Tangled and they fight crime, or whatever.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »
    I want a spin-off where the angry looking reindeer from Frozen joins the angry horse from Tangled and they fight do crime, or whatever.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    the horse from tangled is a cop

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Hey that Dune movie they're making is a little light on star power, let's throw Josh Brolin in there.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Shorty on
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I want a spin-off where the angry looking reindeer from Frozen joins the angry horse from Tangled and they fight do crime, or whatever.

Yes, okay.

A heist movie.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The reindeer and the horse team up to find the Zodiac Killer.

It's just Ted Cruz

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »

Blumhouse going all in on 2 letter titles.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    The frozen 2 trailer has me amped

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I hope there's something more to that than just "Ma is crazy" because I think that's a little over done.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

horses want to steal, it is known

• Options
    MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck is rull good. I'm excited to see what he does with the character.

Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
This discussion has been closed.