Options

Witness the beginning of a [movies] thread

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Sam Rockwell should get to channel Supervillain Zaphod Beeblebrox more often

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I wish I could have half as much fun as sam rockwell

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    My only real beef with Iron Man 2 is that it didn't have much in the way of great set pieces after the stadium scene (which owned). The final battle with killwhipguy was a real toilet. Otherwise it's still a fun movie in terms of humour and characters, it just has slightly weak action after the race.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Iron man is definitely very careful to never quite say that bombing afghanistan is bad

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I think I love the idea of setting a superhero fight scene in a Zen garden but didn't feel the execution worked at all

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I love that Shazam! (so glad it includes the exclamation point) is apparently just Big with superpowers

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I would like a version of iron man 2 where vanko is the one that figures out how to make the arc reactor not poisonous and saves tony after tony does something to atone for his family's crimes

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I remember really disliking Iron Man 2

like we watched it and we were like oh god this is taking FOREVER and we looked at the time and we still had an hour and a half to go

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I think I love the idea of setting a superhero fight scene in a Zen garden but didn't feel the execution worked at all

I couldn't even tell that's what it was!

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I like Iron Man 2, messy as it is, more than a large number of the MCU

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    My only real beef with IM2 is that he doesn't really confront that his dad was a piece of shit

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I feel kinda silly that it took me until now to recognize the philadelphia skyline and landmarks in the Shazam trailers. Or maybe the new trailer just has more prominent shots of them.

It's even got an off-brand SEPTA bus.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I would like a version of iron man 2 where vanko is the one that figures out how to make the arc reactor not poisonous and saves tony after tony does something to atone for his family's crimes

yeah it really seems like they were setting him up for a turn but they just really really didn't?

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Moustache-twirlingly evil is good. That's the biggest problem with most of the MCU villains since then, honestly, they're too boring. It's god damn comic books, ham it up goddamn it!

I really enjoyed Klaue, he was a lot of fun
    pretty bummed that BP had 2 great antagonists that we will never see again!

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Moustache-twirlingly evil is good. That's the biggest problem with most of the MCU villains since then, honestly, they're too boring. It's god damn comic books, ham it up goddamn it!

I'm still waiting for the release of his single.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Ladai wrote: »
    I feel kinda silly that it took me until now to recognize the philadelphia skyline and landmarks in the Shazam trailers. Or maybe the new trailer that has more prominent shots of them.

It's even got an off-brand SEPTA bus.

the fake septa logo on the fake el at fake 34th street is pretty amusing. i noticed that before i noticed the skyline the first time i saw the trailer.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    it's kind of a shame they filmed the outdoor/city shots in Toronto.

Seems like the only people who actually shoot their movies in philly these days are Shyamalan and whoever happens to be making a new Rocky or Creed movie.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    they shot 17 bridges in philly, so we were fake new york.

they had a huge train of trailers parked on 22nd street for like 2 weeks at one point, it was nuts.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Oh yeah I'm sure they did have a unit physically in philly for a bit.

But as far as I'm aware, they were only there to shoot ariel establishing shots of the skyline and various landmarks (so, lots of art museum and bridge shots). Everything else was Toronto cast as Philly.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    Ladai wrote: »
    Oh yeah I'm sure they did have a unit physically in philly for a bit.

But as far as I'm aware, they were only there to shoot ariel establishing shots of the skyline and various landmarks (so, lots of art museum and bridge shots, I assume). Everything else was Toronto cast as Philly.

sorry, i was talking about the movie 17 Bridges! It's about some NYC manhunt where they close all 17 bridges to the island, was shot in philly which yea is relatively rare as generally toronto and vancouver are all us cities.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

The fact that they didn't actually have a soundcloud floating around out there for people to discover was real dumb.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »

The fact that they didn't actually have a soundcloud floating around out there for people to discover was real dumb.
    I feel like Klaue's lyrics would be... problematic at best.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I
    cursedking wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »

yeah it really seems like they were setting him up for a turn but they just really really didn't?

Its been a long time since Ive watched it but could that be a product of the actor insisting his character be more sympathetic?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Lasbrook wrote: »

I feel like Klaue's lyrics would be... problematic at best.

Sure, but how great would it have been to find out he was all about the classic opera?
    Wait a minute... *check's actual lyrical content of classic opera*
    So, hmmm... maybe not.

All about the video game OSTs? Those don't tend to have lyrics, right?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
  • Options
    looks fine

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    that's not the real version is it? it looks like someone painted over a silhouette with a textured brush in photoshop

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    You know, I'd never thought of the pale sections of Sonic as furry but it does make sense.

He's not wearing gloves though, which is odd considering last I heard he still has shoes

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    that's not the real version is it? it looks like someone painted over a silhouette with a textured brush in photoshop

I edited this into my previous post, sorry for not including it at first

https://www.hcassociates.com/2019/03/sonic-boom/

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Link gives me an error

That does look really cheap if it's real

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2019
    my question remains
    like if that is a render of the actual 3D model I will eat my own butt

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    the white hands instead of gloves is completely bizarre and makes no sense

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    It's probably the real design but not an official render, if that's really the marketing company being used.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Link gives me an error

That does look really cheap if it's real

Site's getting hammered, they're making the official action figures/merch and posted the official look along with details for some of the merch and a post about why they were eager to work on this project
    lHDe2QL.jpg

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    If Sonic wore gloves I would be anxious as to what the gloves were meant to hide

• Options
    show me sonic's dick

• Options
    [Movies] Thread: Chill & Likable

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I think it would probably be fine if I hadn't recently been blown away by Detective Pikachu's designs?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    sonic should wear gloves and his hand is a butt and his fingers are dicks

• Options
    two hours until I can go home

This discussion has been closed.