As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

-13 degree [chat]

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I got a really nice text message from the pastor across the street after I snowblowed his walk and drive yesterday, wherein he told me he knocked off work early to try and get some of it done before it accumulated but that he instead just came home and had a beer and relaxed

10/10 would neighbor again, they've stopped over to help with leaves and brought fudge over at Christmas

that should make up for some of the sins at least

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    aqettiqc5joa.png

Got the AC going

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    I got a really nice text message from the pastor across the street after I snowblowed his walk and drive yesterday, wherein he told me he knocked off work early to try and get some of it done before it accumulated but that he instead just came home and had a beer and relaxed

10/10 would neighbor again, they've stopped over to help with leaves and brought fudge over at Christmas

Don't worry, I'll be in the red again soon

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

Don't worry, I'll be in the red again soon

Thats the spirit

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Its strange it will be so cold everywhere else but up here in the pnw.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    @jacobkosh or I guess other Pillars of Eternity-savvy people should I buy and play the White March before doing the final quest in the base game?

relevant facts:

I'm like 75% sure I'm not gonna do more than the one playthrough I'm currently doing
    I think I'm right at the point of no return after which I guess you can't continue farting around with side quests (it's a big holy hole)?
    though I prefer to buy on sale, I could afford it pretty painlessly
    I love the depth of worldbuilding and story, getting to know my murder hobo friends and playing Castle Simulator, but find combat a bit of a chore a lot of the time -I read White March is inspired by Icewind Dale, so does that mean it's also just the combat with barely any story stuff, like the relationship between Baldur's Gate and ID?

jakobagger on
  • Options
    Oh in case you were wondering why group facetime is off on your phone and mac its because there was a bug that allowed people to easily remote activate mic/vid simply by calling you from a group. You didnt even have to pick up.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Watching the Netflix Fyrefest Documentary

Interesting

• Options
    Watching the Netflix Fyrefest Documentary

Interesting

It was a good doc.
    Showed rich entitlement to its core though which was kind of aggravating.

• Options
    Fyre
    "I, the owner of Norman's Cay, want to get past the whole Pablo Escobar thing and give my island a new rep, so you can have your concert if you help with that."

Fyrefest ad: On an Island once owned by Pablo Escobar.

Welp

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    evilbob wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Sounds like we need to warm this globe up a little.

No thank you. 47.7C was enough.

Make up your mind, scientists. I can either light this football field of disused tyres on fire or throw them in the ocean to act as life rings to polar bears drowning because their habitat has been destroyed. I can't do both, dammit.

• Options
    Every Fyrefest story in the news about the documentary has used the same pic of the main guy riding a jetski with a big grin on his face. Most have also captioned it with something like [insert name], currently in prison for six years. It's beautiful.

• Options
    By the end of the doc i was a bit mad he only got 6 years.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    We watched both Fyre docs this weekend

They are good

As someone in media, there are a lot of similarities between the people in this industry and Billy. Just absolute blind faith in people who are naively optimistic about how we can pull something off so long as there is money.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I forgot how addictive Into the Breach is, and my evening disappeared.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I think I'm up to around ~5 hours now of searching technical specs, comparing physical dimensions, watching videos of people opening up cases and replacing parts, and reading my computer's technical manual with its step-by-step instructions for how to replace any given part complete with labeled diagrams, all for a job that's probably going to take no more than 20 minutes. Woo, anxiety.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    I hate that Twitter embeds cut off the picture. It ruins the timing of a lot of jokes.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    My favorite from the Hulu was when Billy was like

TELL ME ONE THING IVE SAID THAT ISN’T TRUE

and then they rattle off like 10 lies he’s told during interviews

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Echo

Characters
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Edit: Goddamn phone, not a literal echo.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Billy McFarland after Fyrefest, a Dramatization
    db3wp9r-7f408278-654e-4457-9120-9026524f5775.png

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    I think I'm up to around ~5 hours now of searching technical specs, comparing physical dimensions, watching videos of people opening up cases and replacing parts, and reading my computer's technical manual with its step-by-step instructions for how to replace any given part complete with labeled diagrams, all for a job that's probably going to take no more than 20 minutes. Woo, anxiety.

Every time I flip out so much despite never actually fucking up my computer. Well I did misapply thermal paste one time and it was really cooking itself for a bit but mostly nothing has ever actually screwed up.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Fancy dental floss that's intended to be washed and reused? Weird!

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Oh, it's -14 here in Montreal.

I should probably put on a proper jacket if it gets to -20 or so.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Zizek was a ludicrous contrarian asshole last time I checked and I'm not watching a 55 minute video of him to see whether he still is.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    good morning friends, how are you all

school is cancelled today because we might get snow at like 5pm (which, it'll probably be rain they think now?)

so I had to take a PTO day qq

• Options
    Also, because I'm not watching it I can't tell whether it's a somewhat political video in nature. If it is, that would go against the no politics rule.

• Options
    Petition for no zizek rule

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »

that's interesting, zizek has been petitioning for a no vanguard rule

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Gottem

• Options
    vk7XqbQ.png

@Echo is this true

• Options
    dads gonna dad

• Options

Zizek's paperwork was filed first.

My hands are tied.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    does anyone says things are "tight" anymore?
    It's seems to have fallen out of parlance, and I say that as someone who regularly says "rad".

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    vk7XqbQ.png

Echo is this true

No it’s it’s own dog!!!!

• Options
    Kadoken wrote: »
    does anyone says things are "tight" anymore?
    It's seems to have fallen out of parlance, and I say that as someone who regularly says "rad".

This is a bogus development in vernacular parlance

This discussion has been closed.