Options

-13 degree [chat]

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Kadoken wrote: »
    does anyone says things are "tight" anymore?
    It's seems to have fallen out of parlance, and I say that as someone who regularly says "rad".

tight butthole

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    👌

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Petition for no zizek rule

that's interesting, zizek has been petitioning for a no vanguard rule

Zizek's paperwork was filed first.

My hands are tied.

Radical freedom!

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    vk7XqbQ.png

Echo is this true

Corgis are basically vallhundar. They migrated to England from Scandinavia.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »
    does anyone says things are "tight" anymore?
    It's seems to have fallen out of parlance, and I say that as someone who regularly says "rad".

Jake Peralta does.

And he has the toightest nups.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Also, because I'm not watching it I can't tell whether it's a somewhat political video in nature. If it is, that would go against the no politics rule.

It's not political in the way that I understand that term to be used here, but if there are specific criteria to adhere to then I'd be happy to re-evaluate.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I would like to amend my previous post from this morning

I arrived in my office (which is 25 miles from my house) and it is snowing

fuck

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Here's my sister's vallhund doing a party trick.

ikbgvshv5udw.png

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    The last two times I can recall someone saying 'tight' to mean cool or good were a guy on CSI who said he kept his forensic kit 'tight', and Robyn, who promised that if you kept it 'tight', she would confide in you, and gave her word that she knew what's on your mind, and there would be time for that too. However, she also warned you not to fall recklessly, heedlessly in love with her, as that would result in heartbreak, blissfully painful insanity. If these terms were agreeable, you could, on a presumably provisional basis hang with her.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I always have to remind people not to fall in love with me

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    Also, because I'm not watching it I can't tell whether it's a somewhat political video in nature. If it is, that would go against the no politics rule.

It's not political in the way that I understand that term to be used here, but if there are specific criteria to adhere to then I'd be happy to re-evaluate.

I watched the first five minutes and it's not really political in that sense and mostly philosophical in nature. It's fine.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Jake Peralta's use of slang is very much outdated, wince-worthy mid-30s stuff. He is not on trend, that's the point

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Jake Peralta's use of slang is very much outdated, wince-worthy mid-30s stuff. He is not on trend, that's the point

Seems pretty bangin, off the chain

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    it's spelled tite

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Elendil wrote: »
    it's spelled tite

Sike

jungleroomx on
  • Options
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Watching the Netflix Fyrefest Documentary

Interesting

It was a good doc.
    Showed rich entitlement to its core though which was kind of aggravating.

I thought more telling was
    the disconnect from reality that someone actually has to get shit done on both the side of the organizers and the people who didn't vet what their social media told them was possible. Also it did a decent job of highlighting the real victims weren't the spoiled vacationers but the people who didn't get paid for months of hard labor

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

I watched the first five minutes and it's not really political in that sense and mostly philosophical in nature. It's fine.

Thank you for your sacrifice.

I'd still like clarification on the rule, having only a vague sense that it refers to things to do with politicians or issues that politicians campaign on / are likely to start an argument in [chat], which feels normative and amorphous

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    There is a Cosmic Ghost Rider now.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    we're allowed to talk about the 2020 primaries in chat tho right

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    I saw one a dem doggos at the store once, it was a nice pupper.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Wicked. Cos-mic. Lovely jubbly.

Boo ya!

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    I also need to visit syndalis and spool32 sometime soon but family members keep having babies and those babies keep having birthday parties!

Two weekends ago I was in Durham for a birthday/MTG prerelease

Oh dang. Which store? I didn't do this prerelease but if you're up here again hmu

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Tomorrow the high is I think -4 :(

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    I am not liking this cold weather.

• Options
    Phone people - if I buy a used phone that's described as 'GSM / 4G' and 'factory unlocked', I can be assured that it will work on AT&T, right? Am I correct in thinking that concerns over phones being locked to a carrier are no longer relevant?

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @Haphazard Japanese has a delightful cat word - 虎猫, literally "tiger-cat," is their word for a tabby.

(Also they use the same word for fingernail and claw and that pleases me as a biologist)

• Options
    Phone people - if I buy a used phone that's described as 'GSM / 4G' and 'factory unlocked', I can be assured that it will work on AT&T, right? Am I correct in thinking that concerns over phones being locked to a carrier are no longer relevant?

Mostly yeah you should be fine.

• Options
    we're allowed to talk about the 2020 primaries in chat tho right

*holding back a wave of memes like Hodor*

I... I don't think so

• Options

Thank you for your sacrifice.

I'd still like clarification on the rule, having only a vague sense that it refers to things to do with politicians or issues that politicians campaign on / are likely to start an argument in [chat], which feels normative and amorphous

PM some mods if you're unclear about the rule. Honestly I think most people understand it just fine.

• Options
    I found it creepy my wifi password was saved when I switched phones.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    it's spelled tite

If8Mu4X.gif?1

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    it's spelled tite

If8Mu4X.gif?1

This is me and my roommate every night

• Options
    Hella tite.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    78c73b01e4d647ade7c793684c3e9815.png

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

kp1qxzl5zx9e.jpg

UUUUUUUUUUUU

How are you guys on windchill tomorrow? We in Omaha are supposed to be in the -30 to -45 range.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    The guy's expression in the last panel is transcendent

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Hey man, the question was just if anyone still says it.

tight tight tight

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    I also need to visit syndalis and spool32 sometime soon but family members keep having babies and those babies keep having birthday parties!

Two weekends ago I was in Durham for a birthday/MTG prerelease

Oh dang. Which store? I didn't do this prerelease but if you're up here again hmu

@The Escape Goat I was at uh, Atomic Empire I think it was? My buddy has been a fixture there for about 5 years now, he's a judge etc so when I come over to play in prereleases that's where we go

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    thanks wunderground

hyns62quofbg.png

• Options
    Okay like I didn’t make this thread so you all could taunt me

This discussion has been closed.