Options

-13 degree [chat]

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I don't know why but being an gratingly obnoxiously good character in an otherwise normal DnD group just seems so fun.

I've kind of enjoyed what's happened with our D&D campaign, where my cleric who is the one actually evil character has now become the voice of morality because if he does evil things he gets punished by the goddess he's being forced to serve, while everyone else is some stripe of neutral and have been getting more evil over time as we pursue vengeance/bloodlust.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Gonna be honest, I kinda love that twist, having not seen the film

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Hmmmmm
    So my nerd colleague is reading QC and tabs out before showing me her code
    “Oh hah I used to read that for years but I got tired of it”
    “Yeah I’ve been reading it since 2009 and I can’t stop. He makes too many new characters all the time”
    “Yeah like every time he thinks of a new cute girl to put in with a different hairstyle and glasses...it’s a bit much. I do sometimes stop in and read a few hundred pages and see how the characters are doing.”
    “Did you see that Faye is now dating the robot girl she works with?”
    “Hah not surprised, that was telegraphed years ago.”
    “Now don’t get me wrong but I think it’s excessive that every character has to end up in some sort of ‘special’ relationship...”
    “I mean, it takes place in Northampton and Smith is there, so it reads pretty true for the location...” AND ALSO did you seriously just lowkey imply that you think QC is too gay/there aren’t enough ‘normal’ relationships because people have various demographics and sexual orientations are you fucking kidding me; do you know who you’re talking to?

Then we looked at her code and it was interesting but bro, what.

"How can everyone be gay?"

Bro. Bro. Have you ever actually looked at social clustering?

At one point I'm pretty sure I knew every early 20s lesbian in my home city

Social clustering gets pretty extreme sometimes!

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    There's ways to be Chaotic Nuetral without being just "wacko dude for the fuck of it"

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

googling “bulk ovaltene purchase” and “local water supply location and security”

There was a distinct art style back then.

• Options
    Like you could just be a completely narcissistic a-hole

• Options
    Ilpala wrote: »
    That Shaggy one's been simmering for a while. Ever since Shaggy Blanco that I remember, or Ultra Instinct Shaggy

The mouthfeel one is the weird one to me because that word got ruined for me by the Bud Light commercial.

What the fuck is this comment

Like, I understand each individual word you're using, but not the combination of them

Internet culture has left me in the dust

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    being the good character in curse of strahd is fun, I get to stop the party from just murdering anyone who's inconvenient

the only downside has been the 2nd ed grognard who pitches a fit any time my character does something not good or lawful (for example, after we found the party's cleric strung up, murdered, her guts hanging out, a guard telling us to clear the streets and hitting my character with the blunt end of his spear when I tried to cut the cleric down, I turned and hit him with a shocking grasp leaving the guard spasming on the floor uselessly - the grognard insisting that you can't have outbursts like that regardless of how stressed you are or you stop being lawful good)

I find that a limiting and stupid way to play, I had planned to sneak in and give a healing potion to the guard to make amends, since my character would feel bad about her outburst despite the guard's wholly unnecessary violence - but the bard took the opportunity to murder the town's mayor in a display of powerful magic that sent the villagers and guard screaming and into hiding

basically everything's coming unraveled and my lawful good character is having a hard time in a land where almost nobody is actually good or fair and it's fantastic

override367 on
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

It sounds terrible, but it made a movie I had never heard of into something I reallly want to watch.

• Options
    guys guys

did you know Jar Jar is a Sith Lord

*mind blown*

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    guys guys

*mind blown*

You're a sith lord!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    guys guys

*mind blown*

You're a sith lord!

Jedi is the streets
    Sarlac in the sheets bro

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Ilpala wrote: »
    That Shaggy one's been simmering for a while. Ever since Shaggy Blanco that I remember, or Ultra Instinct Shaggy

The mouthfeel one is the weird one to me because that word got ruined for me by the Bud Light commercial.

What the fuck is this comment

Like, I understand each individual word you're using, but not the combination of them

Internet culture has left me in the dust

Really it's just anime all the way down.

Even the Bud Light commercial.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    guys guys

*mind blown*

You're a sith lord!

Darth Shaggy?

Ruh roh, Rarth Raggy?

• Options

It sounds terrible, but it made a movie I had never heard of into something I reallly want to watch.

Have you played (video game that could spoil the twist below)
    Crosscode? Kind of an inverted premise, as the setting is explicitly a far future AR/physical MMO on another planet

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I don't know why but being an gratingly obnoxiously good character in an otherwise normal DnD group just seems so fun.

In our Ravnica campaign our paladin PC had to bow out due to family priorities, leaving myself (human guildless scout/bounty hunter) and a gruul centaur barbarian lady.

We ran Krenko's Way two weeks back and it turns out he was our moral compass

Havelock2.0 on
    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    hmm your current memes confuse me
    i am behind a memetic cycle or four

Currently there's a "Shaggy from Scooby Doo is an all-powerful God" thing happening and I'm not into it

Let's go back to moth memes.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I'm humming Angel of the Needle now

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    @Evil Multifarious I see it’s been covered, but when you are southern gentility you still do the whole debutante ball thing. It’s very upper class—not even upper middle but straight up old money stuff. It feels totally 1800s and fascinating; in the future I plan on asking my colleague more about this culture she grew up in because it’s just so foreign and interesting to me. I know it’s preceded by cotillion, which is where you go to learn manners. I think boys can also do cotillion because my good friend’s husband went (in Kansas City; his mom is old money southern so they let him in despite him being Jewish. He did not want to go but had to in order to somehow pave the way for his brother to go and they wanted to send his brother because his brother had really bad manners (idk; his family had and had really weird dynamics so who knows what was happening there)).

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    ITT: some of the ways that being rich can actually be worse for your mental health and social life

• Options
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    ITT: some of the ways that being rich can actually be worse for your mental health and social life

yes but you don't die because insulin got more expensive or whatever

Ill take that chance!

override367 on
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Balance between order and chaos makes sense when you look at someone having a breakdown over lining up a sofa with the pattern on the wallpaper.

Balance between good and evil, I'mma say no.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    will tik tok give the chinese all my data

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »

The problem is I can't play that way. I'm more of a Chaotic Neutral type in RPGs.

Yeah, it’s fine to be the voice of reason but frankly it is so much more fun to be the “I shoot the hostage.” “You what...?” “I (as is my wont) have the highest dex/reflexes/initiative in the group and I act before anyone can react.” “....are you sure you aren’t going to talk it out...sigh...roll it then...”

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod

Ill take that chance!
    I was going to say, let me be the one to take that risk! I'll take that risk SO HARD.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Arch wrote: »
    oh no neco what did you dooo

What did I do?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    [chat] what is the best duvet / comforter on a budget?

My partner has, I think, a king-sized on her queen bed which is great for two people not stealing all the blankets, and I'm looking to upgrade myself

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    oh no neco what did you dooo

What did I do?

everytime neco posts "What did I do?" it gets higher and doesn't go back

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I won like 6 magic games in a row and got one win away from diamond 2.

I then proceeded to lose like 10 games in a row and fall back into diamond 4.

I am not convinced that there's not a deck matching algorithm in place for ranked because whenever I play sultai, all control opponents, who slaughter me. When I play red, all red opponents, who are a complete toss up. Coincidence? Maybe! But maybe not

hqdefault.jpg

Just pretend I photoshopped Teferi's head on here

I love the fan theory subtext to this, that Charlie is dyslexic and didn't understand they were getting mail from Pennsylvania

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

I thought it was a little weird that they bought 23&Me and a bunch of telecommunications infrastructure companies, but these cat videos are pretty good

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

firstly, as if they don’t already have it? secondly, yes.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Ill take that chance!
    I was going to say, let me be the one to take that risk! I'll take that risk SO HARD.

the great thing is if it doesn't work out you can just set all your money on fire like the joker and go back to being poor

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

Oh my, no.
    They already have all of it.

Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Hah, joke's on you, I can't replay the video.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    i love these wool socks

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    [chat] what is the best duvet / comforter on a budget?

My partner has, I think, a king-sized on her queen bed which is great for two people not stealing all the blankets, and I'm looking to upgrade myself

Newspaper

Wait, how much of a budget are we talking?

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »

Oh my, no.
    They already have all of it.

they got it 35 minutes ago

This discussion has been closed.