As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Resident Evil 2]: Suffer like G did?

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    the lickers are no fucking joke in this game, either

I haven't found one monster where it's been "oh what a pushover"

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    William Birkin doesnt strike me as marrying for love.
    She probably asked for a credit on a reseaech paper he was writing and figured marriage was easier

I picture it as they started talking about science and got incredibly into it and it was like a true meeting of the minds rather than love. At some point they went "well, we should have a child, to pass on our smartest person genes" and the other went "hmm yes a fine idea let's do it".

I can't imagine that he ever like, bought her a shot or invited her on a hike.

She pretty much points to this being the case in the scene Wyborn described her response to Claire was
    In truth we were more married to the work than each other

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    A pissed off Licker may be the most dangerous enemy in the game, and that's counting all the ones who have one-hit-kill grabs

The game's only got a few enemy types in it, but none of them are there to do less than make you go "ah fuck, AH FUCK"

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The original games were all about mitigating fear by allowing the player to gradually carve out safe spaces in a hostile environment.

This game does not do that AT ALL. It gives you tools to potentially keep the threats at bay, but never eliminate them outright.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Just started up my fifth playthrough, going for the frugalist/minimalist/carbon footprint combo, and finally realised that
    the helicopter pilot you hear on the dead cop's radio in the west corridor
    is
    the same one that crashes into the station.
    Also had a perfectly timed random voice line from Leon I'd never heard before - Shouting "FUCK OFF!" into a zombies face as they clambered through a window.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I can't decide who's more unnerving between Claire and Leon and a lot of it comes down to the scene where they talk across the fence in Claire A/Leon B

Claire's dropping some really, really flirty vibes through most of the conversation in spite of the piles of dead people all around them, and Leon apparently doesn't even realize it's happening, and then when the zombies start getting up behind him Claire's like "no hold on seriously you should run" and then Leon's like "We're gonna be OK, I promise. We're gonna both make it out of here!" and Claire is so taken aback by this brazen, relentless, destructive optimism that she's physically unable to respond

These are both extremely dangerous people, for completely different reasons, and I would unironically want both on my side in a survival situation

Chris or Barry are the number1 protags that will absolutely survive

By the end of code Veronica Claire comes close to her brother

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Do not worry I do not consider this a contradiction of your existing branding because I have no idea who you are

I was the guy what was stanning for baby child Leon a couple pages back. I was keeping continuity that I was agreeing with you that Leon is a disgusting piss boy.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    claire shouting at zombies while shooting is 100% how I would react so excellent work on the voice acting and design

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Do not worry I do not consider this a contradiction of your existing branding because I have no idea who you are

I was the guy what was stanning for baby child Leon a couple pages back. I was keeping continuity that I was agreeing with you that Leon is a disgusting piss boy.

Oh, I get it! Sorry I kind of... get people saying something similar to that to me in a different context pretty regularly. I was rude, I genuinely apologise.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Lars wrote: »
    I'm kind of curious about the timeline of events. Leon was driving to work in the middle of night for his first day, despite having been called and told not to come in (though not told why he shouldn't come in?).

The outbreak has obviously been going on for more than a day at least, but is still not wildly reported and radio reports are treated as jokes.

The outbreak started because of...(20 year old spoilers)...
    Birkin getting shot and injecting himself with G-Virus, ultimately causing the T-Virus to get smashed and spread by rats. Birkin instantly mutates into his G1 form, and then apparently hangs out in that form for a few days while the outbreak gets going and doesn't mutate further or do anything until he meets Leon/Claire, at which point he mutates through five different forms in a matter of hours.

I can only assume Birkin passed out for a few days after dismantling Hunk's team...but wait, doesn't that also mean Hunk hung around in the sewer for a few days before escaping?

In the original game, IIRC, Leon went on a bender after getting dumped and just didn't show up to his first day

This explains SO MUCH.

It’s from the novelization. He’s late for his first day of work because he sleeps in

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Leon Kennedy absolutely does not fuck. Which RE protagonists fuck?

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    The guy from RE7 definitely doesn't. I'm not really comfortable judging the female characters based on this metric.

Chris Redfield probably fucks.

• Options
    Does Wesker fuck

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    milski wrote: »

Barry. He has 2 daughters

• Options
    I mean he has children but he probably like, did unethical science for those, right

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    I mean he has children but he probably like, did unethical science for those, right
    Wesker is Spencer’s weird test tube baby

• Options
    Does Wesker fuck

Wesker subs but there's no like, intercourse, he just wants to get told that he's pathetic, and a bad, useless boy

• Options
    The guy from RE7 definitely doesn't. I'm not really comfortable judging the female characters based on this metric.

Chris Redfield probably fucks.

Rebecca is very thirsty for billy but does not fuck. Billy likely fucks. Ethan seems like the type of dude what fucks

• Options
    Does Wesker fuck

Wesker subs but there's no like, intercourse, he just wants to get told that he's pathetic, and a bad, useless boy

Checks out

I ate an engineer
  • Options

Oh, I get it! Sorry I kind of... get people saying something similar to that to me in a different context pretty regularly. I was rude, I genuinely apologise.

It's cool. Sorry if I came across as a prick.

Also I take back what I said about the sewer level I'm back at Claire B and the sewer level is good actually.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options

It's cool. Sorry if I came across as a prick.

No way, this was totally my bad.

but Leon is bad also

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Leon is definitely still a virgin.
    Chris is probably dated a lot until he met Jill
    Billy is haunted by his past if he fucks he doesn't enjoy it.
    Wesker Jr. Definitely fucks

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I don't think Leon is a virgin (and I think being a virgin is fine at any age and shouldn't be made fun of imo). I absolutely think he is concerned only with his own pleasure and believes himself to be in possession of a magic dick.

• Options
    I don't think Leon is a virgin (and I think being a virgin is fine at any age and shouldn't be made fun of imo). I absolutely think he is concerned only with his own pleasure and believes himself to be in possession of a magic dick.

I mean he's just so bad at finding a woman that's not secretly evil I figured it just never happened for him. Also he's basically kidnapped and forced to be a super secret agent in his 3 epilogue. I doubt he got out much after that.

• Options
    Leon just hay gurlz every girl he knows every weekend until it works

• Options
    Tube did you ever play 4 or 6? Does Leon ever improve for you?

• Options
    I have not played those games and probably will not

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    The first Resident Evil I played was 4, so I like Leon a lot even though he's a total dork.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I had played 2 on 64 then REmake and 3 on GameCube. So my Leon was the poor sap who wondered why nobody listened to him until 4.

Then he was the guy who just has the worst luck with everything.

• Options
    I have not played those games and probably will not

Don't play 6.

Do play 4.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    I haven't played 4 in years but I remember liking it a lot and it certainly is considered a "good" RE game. My favorite thing about it was organizing and arranging my attache case. I loved that inventory system.

• Options
    4 just isn't what I want from an RE game. I'm sure it's great, just not my thing.

• Options
    Yeah that's fair. It's very different in tone from RE2. Plus it stars your favorite protagonist action hero Leon S. Kennedy.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    I actually think Leon is a pretty great character, he's a very well done portrayal of a dumb little piss boy which is a character type that isn't in games that often. I absolutely don't want to play Leon The Badass though because I think it fundamentally doesn't jive with my view of the character.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Doobh wrote: »
    claire shouting at zombies while shooting is 100% how I would react so excellent work on the voice acting and design

When I played through as Claire her and I had the same "Oh come on" reaction a couple of times, once I think both essentially going "bullshit" at the same time. It killed the tension but was really funny.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    I actually think Leon is a pretty great character, he's a very well done portrayal of a dumb little piss boy which is a character type that isn't in games that often. I absolutely don't want to play Leon The Badass though because I think it fundamentally doesn't jive with my view of the character.

Oh don't worry about that. If anything, Leon gets even dorkier as he ages, though by the same metric he's also more professional in certain contexts

RE4 also contains Luis Sera, a shitlord so intense that he makes everything Leon does seem absolutely meaningless in comparison (but also he dies horribly) (but also if you shoot at him on purpose in the sequence where that's possible he turns around and kills you in a cutscene)

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I didn't end up playing RE2 today even though I really want to see my good friend the big alligator. I bet he's getting lonesome, but I am not for a game that has zombies who are both on fire and still ambulatory

Pick one, fools! You get one!

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Wyborn wrote: »

Oh don't worry about that. If anything, Leon gets even dorkier as he ages, though by the same metric he's also more professional in certain contexts

RE4 also contains Luis Sera, a shitlord so intense that he makes everything Leon does seem absolutely meaningless in comparison (but also he dies horribly) (but also if you shoot at him on purpose in the sequence where that's possible he turns around and kills you in a cutscene)

If you want it to fit in your headcanon it kinda makes sense to have it be a story that Leon tells all his secret service coworkers about that one time he saved the president's daughter and he had all these cool action movie one-liners and all the ladies totally wanted his d and he roundhouse kicked and suplexed all the zombies and hey where are you guys going?

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    In all honesty, to call Resident Evil 4 "great" is to do it a disservice. It's built in a different mold than the earliest and latest RE games, but what it does, it does fantastically well.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHChmYcpdd4

Sorry Tube but this video is proof that Leon is cool actually

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1