Options

[Auto Chess] Drodo's Auto Chess, Dota Underlords, and Teamfight Tactics!

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i really really hate in tft that when it removes a unit from your board coming back from the carousel it isn't more obvious about it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    So new Underlords patch is really good, if anyone is still wondering how they were going to separate themselves from TFT or Dodo's, the Underlords system fits in real well. Plus Duos is now my friend and I's new favorite mode.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    They're doing some red bull invitational for tft. It's been awhile since I played, that game changed a whole bunch it seems.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    They have an entirely new season with an entirely new set of units and traits on the PBE for testing right now, yeah. Their goal is to do a big swap-out of characters around every 4 months to keep the game fresh.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    also the board is finally 8 tiles tall

this is also them making good on their idea to reserve character skins for different versions of champs instead of to communicate 2* and 3* upgrades within a game. i think the approach is super cool, and hopefully should keep the game from getting stale by flipping the table a few times a year.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    It’s not quite a new season yet, we’re still in ProtoPass which is months now.

I dunno when “Season 1” starts, but it’ll be soon I think.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    The new TFT is definitely going to take some getting used to. I do like the big time mix up though. Makes it feel a little more fresh than just half assing it would I think.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I'm really digging the new TFT setup, but that's probably because I've finished 2nd or 3rd in literally every game I've played since the changeover despite not really having any idea what I'm doing yet.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    the meta isn't "play these 3 comps or die" so far; massive improvement

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    My biggest problem so far is knowing what items to put on what champs, really. And how to best use the elemental tiles.

I did get a mountain board this morning where I came out of the first 3 PvE rounds with a Taliyah and a Qiyana. Getting that mountain synergy before the first carousel makes for a pretty smooth early game.

• Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    I played a game last night and was completely lost. I guess I should have read patch notes or something. I feel like I'd just gotten somewhat comfortable with the old system too...

• Options
    Yeah; I'm still learning what all the new units do and how they synergize. It's a good feeling, though.

• Options
    Cauld wrote: »
    I played a game last night and was completely lost. I guess I should have read patch notes or something. I feel like I'd just gotten somewhat comfortable with the old system too...

i read the patch notes, they didn't really explain very much.

given how little the game tells you in the game without buying units and hovering over stuff or knowing what every random league skin portrait is, i really feel like they dropped the ball on this one.

like they put the little pictures on the synergies to say who has what, but it doesn't help because it doesn't say the name, just shows a portrait and a rarity.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I think part of my problem is that I don't play league at all, so it's all new info to me. Still, I was really enjoying the game pre-patch so I'm sure I'll get there again and will learn to appreciate the added complexities.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    they've paused ranked for 2 weeks so everyone can learn the new units, now's the time to spam some normals and try wacky stuff and learn what works

anyways, some really brief early observations:

- iceborne gauntlet is busted
    - shadow is busted. amazing synergy and not a single bad unit
    - mage seems garbage
    - woodlands is kinda like 4 knights in the old meta; very flexible early-game choice that can carry you through to raptors
    - inferno doesn't seem to do much as a synergy, but has good units

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    they've paused ranked for 2 weeks so everyone can learn the new units, now's the time to spam some normals and try wacky stuff and learn what works

anyways, some really brief early observations:

- iceborne gauntlet is busted
    - shadow is busted. amazing synergy and not a single bad unit
    - mage seems garbage
    - woodlands is kinda like 4 knights in the old meta; very flexible early-game choice that can carry you through to raptors
    - inferno doesn't seem to do much as a synergy, but has good units

Other things that I've noticed after a few days of fucking around:

- Berserkers, Predators and Summoners all seem pretty strong
    - same with Poison
    - Woodland/Druid is a nice early game but you have to be looking to pivot out because it sucks late game
    - All the mountain units are garbage except for Malphite, and the mountain synergy doesn't help him much
    - Light isn't much better as a synergy but at least has some good units. Nasus might be the best of the 1-costers, aside from maybe Kogmaw
    - Glacial isn't great if you only have 2, but if you can get to 4+ it can be really effective

• Options
    6 Mages with Ocean fueling them...

3* Veigar makes everyone explode. Especially since his double-cast spell then will seek a new target.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I do love that 3* Veigar being an absolute monster is one of the few carryovers from set 1 to set 2

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    So new Underlords patch is really good, if anyone is still wondering how they were going to separate themselves from TFT or Dodo's, the Underlords system fits in real well. Plus Duos is now my friend and I's new favorite mode.

I've been digging it more and more. The jailing system and the bosses are interesting additions, I hope they add more bosses at "launch"

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular

I've been digging it more and more. The jailing system and the bosses are interesting additions, I hope they add more bosses at "launch"

I think it’s one more “soon”, and ten total eventually.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    played 4 or 5 more games of TFT yesterday. Got 2 1st, 2 7th or 8ths. and 1 5th or 6th. I think I'm starting to get it a bit more. I still don't know all the champions on sight. Wish it would tell you who they were on mouse over during the drafts.

• Options
    i've felt pretty terrible all weekend so tft is about the most intense game i can play.

had some iffy games since i still don't know anything, but cloud synergy seems pretty hilarious.

nqjbpxvm4xcd.png

this was the most broken team i've finished so far.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    i just lost a game to someone who had 2* lux, zed, nami, singed, and yi

like, goddamn

• Options
    Things that are rad: when you're playing berserkers, and on the carousel you get a Taric with the 'zerker item.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I have great games with Zerkers, Mages, and Summoners. Assassins I can't ever seem to make work. They just seem to get blown up by too many comps now.

I love woodland druids for that early game. Its so strong and then falls off so quickly.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Blademasters seem really strong right now; I've been running them a lot. Aatrox sucks, so run the other three and make a BoRK to slap on Olaf or something. Grab Janna to fill out Cloud and Mystic (paired with Yasuo and Yi, respectively). Put a Hush on Sivir and stack her with enough Mana so she ults instantly and silences the other team.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I wouldn't even know the first thing about playing tft. I watched the red bull invitational thing at worlds and I was lost at all the changes made since I last played.

• Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    I just kinda recently hopped on this ol' Auto Chess here bandwagon.
    Now I'm primarily a mobile player, so TfT is ruled out for now.
    Auto Chess itself is fun, but I can't get past all that Typical Mobile Game Garbage cluttering up the main screen, and the big puppies and baby dragons and whatnot just get in the way.
    Battlegrounds is....Battlegrounds. Fun, but super busted. Shocking coming from Hearthstone.
    DotA Underlords is my favorite so far. Even knowing little of DotA or AC, I could suss out heroes and synergies pretty quickly and intuitively. I felt at first that matches took just way too utterly long, but that's sort of gone away as I play more AC games. They still need a bit of work on the touch accuracy, but it hasn't been enough to push me to a competitor.

• Options
    Finally got to have a match in TFT where it was a cloud board and I pulled out the 3 cloud synergy along with it. So units sitting on the cloud tiles had 40% dodge. So fun. I just wish I'd gotten a cloud Lux to make it extra silly.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Underlords is actually quite solid, the games just take 10ish minutes longer than TfT and my friends just started playing...
    New patch is neat with the "heros". I feel like if they keep it up it will have a ton of legs as Riots engine makes TfT very unreadable and unreliable

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Since I feel I've tifted enough since the big update to have some Opinions, here they are:

- Woodland is the new Pirates. They can help you get a nice win streak going and then you can throw them in the trash.
    - Mages and Ocean are great. Always fun to watch yr Vlad tank a whole team.
    - Light seems finicky but v strong when it works (usually involves blademasters in my experience).
    - I just spent this evening trying to get Crystal to work and finally managed it, going Desert with a side of Blademaster and Cloud. Even then, I needed the AOE heal item on Taric and TWO Warmogs on Skarner to make it work, and it was still a close thing at times. But I took out several teams featuring roided Olafs (see below).
    - Glacial Berserkers seems like the strongest comp by far, largely because of
    - Olaf. The techno viking is a complete nightmare; I've seen a level one Olaf with just a Rageblade tear through teams of level twos like paper. Since he and Voli are both Glacial and Berserker it's very easy to hit high levels in both and then he just turns into an unkillable god king who also creates his own rave lighting.

• Options
    summoners feels like insanely the strongest comp and it's not close.

doesn't help that unit ai is extremely stupid and will constantly chase around malz summons for like an hour instead of killing him.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

Coming soon: a Brand hotfix that ought to tone him down quite a bit. Ocean Mages are disgusting right now, I can't wait!

• Options
    Yea ocean mages is my go to since it seems rarely built but strong. Though I’ve gone ocean wardens and ocean assassins as well, ocean is a good base.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    It kinda amazes me how much it's swapped around, when tft and underlords launched I much preferred tft, and now after playing both again recently, tft has kinda turned into a hot mess and underlords has turned awesome with the actual underlords.

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Brand hotfix is live; tool tips are wrong but you can verify by looking at his 90 max mana

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    So what's the difference between autochess games and Duelyst?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    So what's the difference between autochess games and Duelyst?

Duelyst is a card game where you build a deck out of game and then play your minions out on the field, directly controlling each of their movements and attacks each turn.

Auto Chess is a drafting game where you build a unique hand each game. Your minions automatically attack according to their own AI, and use additional abilities during combat. You play a different opponent each round.

I would compare Autochess more to deckbuilding/drafting board/card games than I would other CCGs, with the trappings of moba characters to inform stats and abilities.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I think I still like this pre season of TFT. Holy crap the "first guy to 8 wins" meta that pops up once and a while is nuts. I mean, I'm glad the 5 cost guys are strong. But holy cow, you barely need any synergies as long as you have a Singed with morellonomicon.