Options

[Auto Chess] Drodo's Auto Chess, Dota Underlords, and Teamfight Tactics!

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    without any incentive for making your opponents lose it currently reads to me as "remove one ult from your board". i definitely like that riki and mirana do new stuff but i'm not sure either of them do new stuff that's of better value than the existing stuff

but hey, this is their first release and i appreciate that they seem to have been fairly conservative on the numbers with new heroes

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i like the idea of being able to draft a team with mirana that's just focused on dealing more damage than you're taking, back it up with summon characters like furion and lycan to maximize the hit

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    without any incentive for making your opponents lose it currently reads to me as "remove one ult from your board". i definitely like that riki and mirana do new stuff but i'm not sure either of them do new stuff that's of better value than the existing stuff

but hey, this is their first release and i appreciate that they seem to have been fairly conservative on the numbers with new heroes

Does the one that is on the enemy board hit your board?

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »

Supposedly yes.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    KafkaAU wrote: »

Supposedly yes.

doesn't that just make it a very roundabout version of an ult that hits both boards as normal then?

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Beast is the new hotness. Venomancer is OP af, his summons don't die to AoE AFAIK and they do a crap ton of damage

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    In not so surprising news: Ye old late game comp of Medusa/Tidehunter/Kunkka/Disrupter/Enigma still works but disrupter is super weak as a 1* unit

UrQuanLord88 on
    urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Played my first game of this today, only vaguely aware of strategies. Got a lvl 2 AM right away, but then I muddled around with a lot of stuff, tried some combination of Elf/Knight with Lunas and PA and Windrangers, supplemented by CKs. Ended up 5th, got owned by Medusas and SFs. It's an interesting game, I think I'll enjoy it more once I figure out all the controls a little better. A couple times I fielded incomplete teams because I forgot how it worked.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    New Patch
    Fix Update
    -Madness mask changed from lifesteal +10%, attack speed +30, armor -10 to lifesteal +10% attack speed +40 with self silence
    -Blade Mail's damage increased from 10% to 20%
    -DP's attack damage increased by 10
    -Slark's attack speed increased by 0.1
    -Alchemist's attack damage increased by 5
    -Duration of riki's ability increased by 1s
    -Fix Tinker's description
    —————————————————————
    Veno has got the prize of least wins in all chesses recently.
    -Its ward can add a debuff of -0.3 attack speed on hits
    Time to always get Veno D:

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    That mask of madness change seems good? Or at least seems good on units with passive abilities or I guess Tiny who always chooses the worst possible person to throw in my experience.

• Options
    Yeah the MoM change is great. Apparently good for all the pieces with passive abilities and ones that aren't that useful like sniper

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    yeah I just had one on a troll warrior (he also had a mjollnir) and he just tore through things like nothing.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Had back to back come backs even though I was way behind. First game I was against the leader who had level 3 LD at round 20. Managed to survive till level 40 before losing due to income disparity because I had to spend all my income upgrading my 9 units.
    2nd game vs the assassin leader:
    kFIy1dhh.jpg
    Again, it was an uphill battle but the worst part was that my opponent had a level 3 QoP AND TA. Again, I was lucky that he didn't transition away from assassins into more expensive units and I just stuck all my units in a corner and let my tanks and ranged and AoE do the work. He died to trolls at round 40 :D

Feels good to outplay opponents! Also, CC and AoE is king in the later rounds

UrQuanLord88 on
    urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    https://www.dotachess.gg/

this site looks pretty promising as a resource, and also has received some amount of support from the devs

• Options
    I cannot figure out the strat. I've got a couple third places but I usually end up fifth or sixth, and I just can't figure out a winning strat. Either I'm too weak early and have no life left by the time things come together, or I'm strong and then suddenly I can't get any pieces. I was cruising with a druid/warlock/beast strat, had 3 star firion/tree/enchant/LD, plus a lvl 2 necro and sand king, and two lvl 1 venos. Then I couldn't beat anyone, including creeps, finished fifth. Never saw that 3rd veno. Plus my RNG is abysmal, one game I got 5 crowns and this most recent game I had four creep waves with no drops.

I still really like the game, I just wish I thought I understood it better

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Transitioning to late game is definitely something that is learned. positioning is a big thing, knowing when to keep a bank or spend it to upgrade units is another big thing, knowing when the neutrals come up and how to counter via positioning and composition (if possible) is important.

level 15 - dogs (flip your front line with your backline)
    level 30 - triceratops (Does AoE, spread units/CC preferable)
    level 35 - black dragon (Does AoE in a line, very suspectable to any single target CC)
    level 40 - trolls (need CC/AoE)

In your particular example at about level 20 or 25, you should start replacing all your druid units except for LD. Tree is essentially a giant meatshield that can be replaced by 4* or 5* tanks like kunkka / tidehunter / techies. Rare units are often game winning

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    The lategame is almost 100% dominated by CC and aoe units like Kunka, Disruptor and Medusa. 5* units like tide, enigma, techies and gyro are also really really strong. Death prophet might be good, but I haven't seen her do that much in the games she has been in.

And as Urquan says druids are amazing early/midgame, but only LD is actually a good unit. Keep one of each around so you can get LD lvl 3 with just 4 lone druids and then sell them all. Enchantress might be worth keeping around for the beast bonus, but is best replaced for another aoe/CC unit once you get 10.

Medusa, kunkka and disruptor should also be put in the frontline once you get them to lvl 2, this means they will almost always get their skills off before they die. Medusa in particular is a gamewinner, stone gaze is really strong. If you lategame can get 2 lvl 2 medusas you can basically permastun the enemy team while your dps chews them up.

And once you are down to just a few people look at their positioning. I lost a game a while back because the other player kept placing axe with blink dagger in the same lane as my luna 3, which meant she was punching axe without getting jumps instead of shredding the other characters on the team. I should have been using my other units to protect her and keep the axr from teleporting in and I would have won that game.

And sometimes rng will just wreck you, but a surprising amount of games are recoverable. Early losing streaks give almost as much money as winstreaks, and you don't start losing a lot of health until midgame. It's risky waiting around for luck to happen, but better to wait for interest to pile up rather than rerolling early.

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    Thanks, this actually seriously helps me understand some things a lot better. Although I'm still getting wrecked if I try certain strategies. Apparently Drow is NOT a good starting hero

• Options
    I played in a small 24 person tournament hosted by dotafire today. Won my first game and then finished 5th in finals. Overall felt pretty good about my performance. But dang are elves just super popular right now. I felt like every match about half the players were chasing that elf synergy

• Options
    411Randle wrote: »
    Thanks, this actually seriously helps me understand some things a lot better. Although I'm still getting wrecked if I try certain strategies. Apparently Drow is NOT a good starting hero

Nothing wrong with drow, but if you don’t get abaddon (for undead) or a couple of hunters quickly then yea, other more synergistic chesses are better.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    Does anyone else occasionally confuse your E and Q keys? I just sold a necrophos I meant to reposition and promptly lost the game

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    i'm pretty sure every single person to play the game has accidentally sold a unit at least once; things get pretty decision-heavy in the latter rounds and it's so easy to get confused

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    New Patch 04 Mar
    Added class perk / species trait counters for your piece on the board, as buffs over your courier.
    - Added new item: Battle Fury. "BF melee, best melee. Oh Yeah!"
    - Increased Deadly Shot(Hunter's perk, remaned) bonus damage from 25%/25% to 25%/30%.
    - Balanced Evasion (Elf's trait) bonus evasion from 25%/25%/25% to 20%/25%/30%.
    - (6) Goblin: Nanobots (Goblin's trait) now affect all allies instead of all goblins.
    - Decreased Dragon Knight★★ and ★★★'s Elder Dragon Form splash damage percentage from 75% to 50%.
    - Decreased Medusa's Stone Gaze physical damage amplification from 30% to 20%.
    - Dagon now has a cooldown of 15/12/9/6/3s for Level 1/2/3/4/5.
    - Fixed a bug with Hood of Defiance description. Now it correctly shows +15 HP regeneration.
    - Fixed a bug which friend leaderboard occasionally failed to show up.
    - Fixed a bug which gold summary in post-game panel did not subtract the value of pieces you have sold.
    - Fixed a bug which Broadsword grants extra mana regeneration.
    —————————————————————
    Congratulations to Slark for achieveing the least wins prize for this week!
    - Decreased Slark's Pounce cooldown by 2s, balanced disarm duration from 3/5/7s to 5s.
    - Increased Slark's base armor from 0 to 5.

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    that 6 goblin change sure is interesting; might make alchemist viable again?

all the other balance changes sound pretty good; medusa and dragon knight both should still be very strong and maybe slark's ok now

• Options
    The 6 goblin bonus seems pretty strong but if you think about it, it affects max. 4 more units, which is reasonable. Maybe a good counter to mass AoE in the late game?

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    It's certainly reasonable, just very strong -- getting that armor and regen onto your medusa and tidehunter does a lot to make up for the shortcomings that 6-goblin forces on you.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    It's an interesting buff. It doesn't really help the strats biggest weakness though, waiting for techies with subpar units on the field.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    "Added class perk / species trait counters for your piece on the board, as buffs over your courier."

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Options
    MummBrah wrote: »
    Does anyone else occasionally confuse your E and Q keys? I just sold a necrophos I meant to reposition and promptly lost the game

I do this all the time. One night I sold like a dozen different units I was trying to upgrade and lost a game I should have done a lot better at. That was a sign it was bedtime.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    note that until we get a patch drow is busted and not selectable

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    note that until we get a patch drow is busted and not selectable

So a buff overall then.
    I kid, mostly

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I made a level 3 Troll Warlord and a level 3 Disrupter in the same game. I can finally retire :D
    t91rgonh.jpg

EDIT: also there's a bug fix that claims to have fixed drow

UrQuanLord88 on
    urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    confirmed on the qihl discord; drow is playable again :crackle:

• Options
    "playable" can mean so many different things

• Options
    look there's only so many ways to get early 2 undead or 3 hunter bonus

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    10 Mar update
    Bug Fixes. Some of the fixes have already been implemented.
    -Fixed a bug that affects the order of Species/Class counters on courier
    -Fixed incorrect damage and damage counter of Heat Seeking Missiles (Tinker ability)
    -Fixed visual effects on "Illusory" courier effect
    -Fixed a bug that may cause an error when displaying post-game statistics, if the game ends in preparation phase and players' chess pieces on board exceeds their level cap
    -Now only displays 500 couriers in order of rarity if you have more than 500 couriers in your collection, to prevent potential game crash (We are considering adding Mass Courier Exchange function in the future)
    -Tinker★★ got a brand new outfit! Now more distinguishable with Tinker★★★
    -Techies★★ made a wardrobe investment and got himself a new set of equipments
    -Clockwerk★★/★★★ now have a slightly larger model
    -Optimized some underlying mechanism to better prevent hacks. Apart from the in-game report function, you can send screenshot evidence and ID of any cheater you encounter in game, to 【3200109901@qq.com】 to make a direct report. Accounts of confirmed cheaters will be permanently banned from DAC

Lots of bug fixes, the last patch really did add a whole lot of them in. I'm still playing casually since I'm not committed to any one game now

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    Yeah I'm still playing a few games each day, mostly through qihl lobbies now. I dunno, I think I'm really excited to see how someone expands on this with a hopefully full game down the line as there's some ui stuff and matchmaking frustration that sometimes keeps me from wanting to continue to play. It has become the thing I watch streams of before I go to bed though to wind down and I like it a lot for that

• Options
    I still can’t work out what to do when I don’t get an amazing opener. Out of the last 5 games I’ve had 2 firsts and 2 lasts and a fifth. The fifth I was coming 2nd for the whole game then got matched against #1 3 in a row and lost.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm starting to get really frustrated with someone always getting the unbeatable goblin/mech team every single time, which I struggle along and get hammered by ragtag teams of warriors and knights that always, always manage to beat my planned strategy. The developers definitely need to work on making more strategies viable, because it seems like there's only one or two that will get you to the late-game, and then everyone's just buying the same 4 and 5 gold units anyway

• Options
    edited March 2019
    my strategy is just to get as many high level units as possible. Sounds like dumb advice but its definitely better than sitting on a bunch of unupgraded units. Also I found that rolling once or twice early on when you have multiple 2fers on your bench is worth it. I also try to go for smaller tribe bonuses with decent duos like tiny/morphling, 2UD, 2Knight, 3 Elves (usually the ones that people don't want like Mirana / PA / Windranger)

Last but not least, there's also the gambler strat I read on reddit that might be helpful https://old.reddit.com/r/AutoChess/comments/aztm2a/a_new_strategy_build_gambler_strategy_booming_in/ , though it requires you to already go for goblins, which are a strong starter. I've sort of done it, rerolled agressively for Druids and found some success there, managing to get a 3* Treant to tide me over to 4th position after a terrible start

It really is up to the first place person to lose in this game. There aren't that many mechanics to oust someone who is in the lead

UrQuanLord88 on
    urquanlord88.png