As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] April showers bring May Birthdays

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    And just FYI Glass Masquerade 2: Illusions comes out tomorrow.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Hmm

Looks like Nier Automata had a small price drop on steam.

Up until recently the normal price for the base game was 89.95AUD

Now the Game of the year edition is 47.50 AUD

Unfortunately, there hasn't been any fixes for the bugs etc, so you still need the fan made mods

It's still a really amazing game though and one I highly recommend.

Hopefully though it'd have some good discounts during the mega sales this year

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Hmm

Unfortunately, there hasn't been any fixes for the bugs etc, so you still need the fan made mods

You do? I played it without any mods. Which ones do you need?

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Nier: Automata for some reason doesn't seem to get a price drop in big sales, just at odd times on its own. But then it gets 50% off. It's weird.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Hmm

I mean, the fan-made fix seems to have handled any issues I would have had with the game, so I still highly recommend it.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I'm curious along with Pixie, what are the things that needed fixing with mods?
    Edit: Nm found it.
    https://kotaku.com/fan-creates-patch-to-fix-nier-automatas-graphics-1793659146

I probably didn't notice it too much. Now that I've got my fancy new pc though I'm gonna be counting those fp all the time now. (probably not)

akajaybay on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    I'm curious along with Pixie, what are the things that needed fixing with mods?

Mostly resolution and graphical things that could benefit from more tweaking.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I remember there being some weird rendering issue with....it was either windowed or actual fullscreen.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Nier: Automata for some reason doesn't seem to get a price drop in big sales, just at odd times on its own. But then it gets 50% off. It's weird.

Emil is the one who determines sale discount days and amount.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Is it odd I sort of want to re-buy Nier on PC?
    (Man, I wish they'd rerelease the original on PC...that game's story cuts me to the BONE).
    I never actually finished...I got a bunch of endings but have no idea at what point you get to a final ending.

• Options
    PoseidonPoseidon Registered User regular
    That's a shame, Square's patching works in mysterious ways.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Woke up this morning to a gift from @Heatwave !!!!

Thanks for Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3 mate!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    (Man, I wish they'd rerelease the original on PC...that game's story cuts me to the BONE).
    I never actually finished...I got a bunch of endings but have no idea at what point you get to a final ending.

I believe there are 5

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »

I believe there are 5

Endings A-E are the main story. The remaining letters of the alphabet are various levels of bad ending.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

I believe there are 5

Endings A-E are the main story. The remaining letters of the alphabet are various levels of bad ending.
    Ah so no obvious "that was all!" ending? Do you just keep getting to restart over and over, then? I've been afraid to google because I didn't want to risk spoilers.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

I believe there are 5

Ah so no obvious "that was all!" ending? Do you just keep getting to restart over and over, then? I've been afraid to google because I didn't want to risk spoilers.
    There are endings that are progressively harder to unlock, but they get progressively more absurdist in the result to the point where the only marker you could maybe consider for any kind of "true" ending would be whatever endings they decided to write the later games off of. iirc the core Nier franchise itself for example is written based off of Drakengard's fifth ending, and Nier: Automata is I believe based off of Nier's fourth ending. However, Drakengard 2 was based off of the first ending of Drakengard.

Edit: Here's a chart from the Drakengard 3 art book laying out how the games and written materials are connected to eachother. I guess Drakengard 2 is no longer considered to follow Drakengard 1's first ending. (DoD = Drag-On Dragoon = Drakengard in the west)

Donnicton on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

I believe there are 5

Ending E is pretty damn final.
    Especially if you make a certain choice.

• Options
    Got it, thanks for the info!

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

I believe there are 5

There are endings that are progressively harder to unlock, but they get progressively more absurdist in the result to the point where the only marker you could maybe consider for any kind of "true" ending would be whatever endings they decided to write the later games off of. iirc the core Nier franchise itself for example is written based off of Drakengard's fifth ending, and Nier: Automata is I believe based off of Nier's fourth ending. However, Drakengard 2 was based off of the first ending of Drakengard.

Edit: Here's a chart from the Drakengard 3 art book laying out how the games and written materials are connected to eachother. I guess Drakengard 2 is no longer considered to follow Drakengard 1's first ending. (DoD = Drag-On Dragoon = Drakengard in the west)

Very Kingdom Hearts-esque.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Got it, thanks for the info!

One thing just to clarify
    Endings F-Z are more like non-standard game overs rather than real endings. The expectation is that you'll reload back to a previous checkpoint instead of starting the game entirely over again.

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

I believe there are 5

Before anyone gets scared by the convolution: None of that really matters, in fact trying to link all of Yoko Taro's games together story-wise is an exercise in futility. Automata works just fine as a standalone game.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Looking at the first legacy of kain game, its just a really dark, gothic, zelda clone

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Soul Reaver was one of my favorite PSX games. Super good aesthetic, gameplay was interesting jumping between material and spectral realms was dope, story was really really good. I'd honestly love a LoK HD collection on Steam, even just a retexture or up rez, but I highly doubt that will ever happen ever.

Never played Blood Omen. Blood Omen 2 was good too though.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Soul Reaver was one of my favorite PSX games. Super good aesthetic, gameplay was interesting jumping between material and spectral realms was dope, story was really really good. I'd honestly love a LoK HD collection on Steam, even just a retexture or up rez, but I highly doubt that will ever happen ever.

Never played Blood Omen. Blood Omen 2 was good too though.

The Legacy of Kain games on Steam haven't actually aged that bad visually considering their age, which is a real testament to their art design.

They're absolutely fucking awful to control and actually get working on modern hardware, though.

• Options
    I'd do some shameful things to get remakes of those games. Ideally with some of the awful puzzles redesigned. I'd love to re-experience the story line.

• Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    I had to update the backend of the signatures. My server host was getting pissed that I was storing 200GB of Steam Screenshots on the server in order to generate the signatures. Now the screenshots are pulled directly from steam each time they're generated.

Upside is I don't have to update them ever again, and as developers add more images to their library it'll be reflected in the sigs.
    Downside is that games that are now removed from Steam (like Ghostbusters: The Video Game) will no longer have a background image for them.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Suds wrote: »
    I had to update the backend of the signatures. My server host was getting pissed that I was storing 200GB of Steam Screenshots on the server in order to generate the signatures. Now the screenshots are pulled directly from steam each time they're generated.

Upside is I don't have to update them ever again, and as developers add more images to their library it'll be reflected in the sigs.
    Downside is that games that are now removed from Steam (like Ghostbusters: The Video Game) will no longer have a background image for them.

That seems fair. Thank you for those, by the way!

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    You're welcome!

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Yeah, thank you Suds for providing these wonderful signatures.

It makes it so people don't ever have to guess what game I'm currently playing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Yeah, thank you Suds for providing these wonderful signatures.

It makes it so people don't ever have to guess what game I'm currently playing.

0l3ef1e8hti3.gif

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Man this one came out of nowhere for me but goddamn it looks stylish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT2LRu5AJlk

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    To be clear, the first game set in nosgoth looks close to link to the past when its played

I've only played soul reaver but that felt like what time ive spent in a zelda game

Spirit realm also bears praise.... here is how they did it

https://youtu.be/BVdiC38eJCo

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Looking at the first legacy of kain game, its just a really dark, gothic, zelda clone

Yep! It’s not quite as polished, but I still found it to be pretty enjoyable. And it was always fun hearing Kain’s descriptions of his various weapons and items.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I wish someone ported the Dreamcast version of Soul Reaver. Both PC and PS1 have the same inferior version.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I was not a fan of Blood Omen 2. I forget WHY, but I really disliked it. Blood Omen 1, IE, the first Legacy of Kain game, was okay.

Soul Reaver was where things got real interesting.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    All I know about Soul Reaver:

Py68rL4.jpg

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    I enjoyed playing Blood Omen: LoK back in the day, I was pretty young but the aesthetic was great.

Soul Reaver was also awesome, stabbing people with that wall staff was great.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Sorry if this was posted previously but I haven't read the past 10-20 pages, and this is neat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X46oWXucL4

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    New interesting but unpolished online multiplayer game Breach is giving away about 5000 Steam keys right now.

I thought I'd share that here, because earlier in the week they sent out 4 keys for their standalone En Masse launcher, and I've been wondering if I should try to hand them out here. So, you can just grab those keys from the giveaway, unless you want one of my 4 and already use that launcher for...Tera or something.

uyvfOQy.png
This discussion has been closed.