As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] April showers bring May Birthdays

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Glad 428 is getting love. It really is that great a game.

81qI2nPlRfL._SL1500_.jpg

Great music, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJCFMvYwiBk

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Coffey wrote: »
    I been trying to utilize my wish list more. Funny thing, when going through it, I'm like "I don't even remember half these games." So then I re-watch the trailer & I'm like "this is pretty cool" all over again. :D

I really need a way to link wishlist items to the forum posts that hyped the game.

The ability to add some sort of notation to wishlist items would be fantastic. "Wishlisted because I saw this on Destroyah's wishlist" ferinstance...

Let me tell you about the Augmented Steam Chrome extension/Firefox add-on (the guy who made the Enhanced Steam extension gave it up so the IsThereAnyDeal people took it over and renamed it and are adding stuff to it). Like the ability to add notes to your wishlist.

jccRnT2.png
    jfDhBih.png
    XsXtH9W.png

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Yeah but I don't use Steam in a browser. I use the client.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Glad 428 is getting love. It really is that great a game.
    81qI2nPlRfL._SL1500_.jpg

Great music, too.

I don't mean this as any sort of indictment against that game because I'm very much on the fence of picking it up. I would love to see a similar game in English that uses Shutterstock/stock photography to tell the story. It would be both awesome and hilarious.

• Options
    Fair enough.

For me, I usually use the browser version because if I'm in the store, I'm usually wanting to know where the cheapest price for a game is and the Augmented steam add-on shows you right on the store page with data from IsThereAnyDeal (I don't blame Valve for not implementing this feature).

I definitely agree that valve should implement a comment feature for their wishlist, but in typical valve fashion, they are letting other people do the work instead. It's the same reason I go to https://www.lorenzostanco.com/lab/steam/ when I want to play a certain type of game because I can actually use filters to look at my library. I really only use the Steam client to launch games and for chat these days.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    It's the same reason I go to https://www.lorenzostanco.com/lab/steam/ when I want to play a certain type of game because I can actually use filters to look at my library.

I love the lorenzostanco site, but I wish they'd let me sort my games by ESRB rating.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    It's the same reason I go to https://www.lorenzostanco.com/lab/steam/ when I want to play a certain type of game because I can actually use filters to look at my library.

I love the lorenzostanco site, but I wish they'd let me sort my games by ESRB rating.

That would be a very helpful one. Especially since I share my Steam library with my 6- and 8-year-old.

The only reasons I can think of for Steam to not implement library filters are:
    1. They want you to search for features through the Store which will return games you own and don't own and maybe get you to buy a game
    2. It may be too computationally expensive if everyone is simultaneously trying to download their library tags in real-time
      [/list;)

Other than that, it seems like such an easy feature to add on and would be so helpful as your library approaches 3k games ;)

Another thing I love about that lorenzostanco thing is that he added an and/or toggle as well as "not". I wish more things like this would let me build out complex logic statements with and/or and bracketed statements

steam_sig.png

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Yeah but I don't use Steam in a browser. I use the client.

I use the client for the most part. I have to actively think to use it in a browser, and when I do it's almost invariably for an Augmented/Enhanced Steam feature if I even remember it's there. Which isn't often...

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I log into the browser site so rarely it still defaults to Nobody

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Is Warhammer 40k Gladius any good? I'm tempted by the Humble Bundle sale for $26.39

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    As londo mollari said, only a fool opens a war on multiple fronts.

Make peace and keep what i take before you declare war you morons. There's only two major factions left!

#warband floris

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    New Humble Lego Games Bundle:

$1:
    • LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4
    • LEGO® Batman™: The Videogame

BTA:
    • LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 5-7
    • LEGO® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes
    • The LEGO® Movie - Videogame

$12:
    • LEGO® City Undercover
    • LEGO® Worlds
    • LEGO® Batman™ 3: Beyond Gotham

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Going through Ys: Memory of Celceta. I quit halfway through VII but this one is leaving a better impression so far.

I could never love Xseed's localization enough. Particularly the dialog options for Adol.

"damn straight!"

"I'm just a wandering philanthropist."

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I been trying to utilize my wish list more. Funny thing, when going through it, I'm like "I don't even remember half these games." So then I re-watch the trailer & I'm like "this is pretty cool" all over again. :D

I really need a way to link wishlist items to the forum posts that hyped the game.

The ability to add some sort of notation to wishlist items would be fantastic. "Wishlisted because I saw this on Destroyah's wishlist" ferinstance...

And most everything on mine is from other's wishlists. Circle of life.

That or it's from a post I saw online somewhere. Since I so often forget what's on my wishlist, a reminder of why I was interested in a thing would be a great idea.
    I think it's a good idea to follow the games you have wishlisted since then you can see any updates it might have in your activity feed. Then you can re-assess if the game looks good or not.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I.....should probably do that.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    As londo mollari said, only a fool opens a war on multiple fronts.

Make peace and keep what i take before you declare war you morons. There's only two major factions left!

#warband floris

Ah, Mount and Blade wars with dwindled factions: Essentially renn fest themed computer whack-a-mole.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited April 2019

IIRC, we tried having a PA Recommends curator group that was basically just that, but it's not the same.

edit: Also only using the Steam app instead of the browser is a foolish move. Enhanced Steam is so useful! Also the Steam app itself kinda sucks! I only use it for chat and to launch games.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options

IIRC, we tried having a PA Recommends curator group that was basically just that, but it's not the same.

edit: Also only using the Steam app instead of the browser is a foolish move. Enhanced Steam is so useful! Also the Steam app itself kinda sucks! I only use it for chat and to launch games.

Thank you for your input. :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    The website doesn't remember my login half the time, even though I check the checkbox. And then I have to dig out my phone and do the authenticator every time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Conversely, the program always locks up or chugs or doesn't have features that I've come to enjoy in Enhanced Steam

Different opinions!

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    EVERYTHING IS BAD!!!!!!!!

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    EVERYTHING IS BAD!!!!!!!!

Always and forever.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    The Italian bastards hold the yaven and jelka and I'm trying to steal suno back, along with their castles.

Sarranid hold most of the desert so that is going to be a slog.

Additionally, some fucker keeps raiding my lands out of spite for something i did before i became a lord.

That said, being 1200 days in and reshaping the geopolitical landscape is fabulous.

I look forward to marshalling forces soon and stricking a crushing blow.

Also, a nord lord rebelled and took a castle. He's getting ignored until i deal with the other two.

Writing this out, i know what must be done. I must march on Rhodock and grind them to dust

Edit
    https://tomorrowcorporation.com/posts/world-of-goo-update-10-years-later

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Going through Ys: Memory of Celceta. I quit halfway through VII but this one is leaving a better impression so far.

I could never love Xseed's localization enough. Particularly the dialog options for Adol.

"damn straight!"

Glad to hear about that. Ys VII got a bit dull for me, although I did finish it. I do want to play Celceta eventually, but I want to play through the PC-Engine CD game set in Celceta first.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I think SYNTHETIK (their capitalisation and bastardisation) is the "sequel" to Neon Chrome I've been looking for. Currently on chrono.gg for a couple of bucks, well worth if it you want your twin-stick shooters played with a mouse, have cool reload mechanics and really, really punchy shooting

edit: actually that's not quite true, you can't completely annihilate the entire level like you can in Neon Chrome. It's still pretty good though. Is Brigador the next best Neon Chrome?

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

"damn straight!"

Glad to hear about that. Ys VII got a bit dull for me, although I did finish it. I do want to play Celceta eventually, but I want to play through the PC-Engine CD game set in Celceta first.

It's okay, but it's like every nu-Ys. Anime as f, full party, light on badassery. Amazing music though, case in point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ux3xl6Zdv4

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Finished YUPPIE PSYCHO. Definitely a fun game, that has multiple endings. I would suggest not looking at cheevos though as they kind of spoil the game (no idea why those aren't all hidden to be honest).

. . .game is pretty short though, even if it tells a darn good yarn.

Started playing FELL SEAL after beating YP. I'm definitely getting FFT vibes, but am only like an hour in. I will say the art style both jives and rubs me the wrong way. Maybe when I see more of the game it'll open up.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »

"damn straight!"

It's okay, but it's like every nu-Ys. Anime as f, full party, light on badassery. Amazing music though, case in point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ux3xl6Zdv4
    LfNcSa7.gif

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Epic is buying Psyonix. Rocket League will be taken off of Steam.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Today is May First. Not April First.

• Options
    And here I just keep waiting for Valve to like... fight back in some way... :confused:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    And here I just keep waiting for Valve to like... fight back in some way... :confused:

They already have an (inexplicably) better service. The only way to fight back right now is to either offer a better cut (which they should absolutely do) or start sending out moneyhats to get thier own exclusives (which, to be honest, they don't need to do yet as there's still a lot of stuff that ain't coming to the Epic store yet.)

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Steam doesn't really need to fight back. Epic isn't harming it in a noticeable way and until that starts to happen, if it even does, they'll just keep moving along ignoring the yappy dog nipping at their heels

Madican on
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Yet more definition of what Tim Sweeney meant after the Metro Exodus thing when he said "we're not going to do that again".

It increasingly looks like the implication is "but we'll still do everything else".
    "...and we'll still do that as well anyway."

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    It'll no longer be available to purchase on steam, but if you've already bought it you'll be able to play it and reinstall it unaffected by this.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    It'll no longer be available to purchase on steam, but if you've already bought it you'll be able to play it and reinstall it unaffected by this.

But any new DLC released for it likely will not be available.

• Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Is this confirmed? Would be pretty dumb to just leave that money on the table given that Steam has a large install base of RL players who likely wont want to buy it again (unless it's F2P on EGS).

Might just be mostly an esports play from Epic. RLCS is pretty well-developed and would be a useful companion to Fortnite vs. Valve's DotA/CSGO.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    What drives me nuts is that Steam arguably kept the game alive
    Rocket League launched in the summer of 2015 and seemed to be everywhere at once. If you owned a PlayStation 4 and enjoyed having a nice time, you were likely one of six million players who downloaded the game within its first month on PlayStation Plus. Or perhaps you purchased a PC copy instead, in which case, you actually kept the whole thing afloat, whether you realised it or not. It turns out running a successful online multiplayer game is an expensive process.

"I didn't know if we were going to cover server costs," remembered design director, Corey Davis at a recent GDC talk. "Steam covered everything and they pay very quickly, which was important. I can't really imagine what we would have done if we'd shipped only on PlayStation 4 and got that many users."

But now that they're safely established as a big name, fuck you steam, we're taking an epic payday.

Look, I get it. This is capitalism. I would probably sell my soul myself if Tim Sweeny told me to write down the biggest number I could think of and then he added a zero or two on the end of it. But this fucking sucks.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    finnith wrote: »

Is this confirmed? Would be pretty dumb to just leave that money on the table given that Steam has a large install base of RL players who likely wont want to buy it again (unless it's F2P on EGS).

Might just be mostly an esports play from Epic. RLCS is pretty well-developed and would be a useful companion to Fortnite vs. Valve's DotA/CSGO.

It's what's happened with other games that got pulled and still had DLC coming.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    finnith wrote: »

It's what's happened with other games that got pulled and still had DLC coming.

Go-to example is 400 Days for Telltale's Walking Dead.

AFAIK it is currently literally impossible to legally obtain on the PC, even via Epic.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
This discussion has been closed.