As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] April showers bring May Birthdays

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Paranautical Activity
    Loading...?

• Options
    Learn Japanese to Survive Hiragana Battle
    Loading...?

• Options
    Layers of Fear
    Loading...?

• Options
    Xenoraid The First Space War
    Loading...?

• Options
    Who's Your Daddy
    Loading...?

• Options
    Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy
    Loading...?

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I'd get into these bundles if they had some way of assuring me, based on my profile, that I'll only get games that work with my OS. They have lots and lots of titles that will! But I don't want any that don't!

That goes for other bundle websites, including Humble subscriptions.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    tr6nbg6pbe12.png

As always, watch what you say in chat.

Thanks for the tea, @bloodatonement <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Tea is good. :+1:

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Tea is good. :+1:

dtnyn7xphxmv.jpg

• Options
    That sort of tea too. :wink:

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    Paranautical Activity
    Loading...?

I was just telling my bro the story of these fellows.

Ah to be young, dumb, and full of cum

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    I hope the entire soundtrack is synthwave.

Because that would be fucking goddamn awesome.

And I can't wait to sis-op on some fucking goddamn nazis.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    The backlog battle is reaching a crescendo at the end of the weekend, right? Hmm must have something else to quickly jump into...

You know what, I'm in a chipper, silly mood. Let's see here GNOG and CHUCHEL will take me

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Just remembered my UPlay coins are expiring at the end of the month.

This sucks.

I've been trying to spend mine on as much stuff I think I'll even possibly use as I can, on Xbox versions as well as PC. Trouble is I'd mostly been saving them so I'll still have some expiring. It does suck, it's left an unpleasant feeling about what has generally been a pretty neat perk about Uplay.

I'm just glad you can spend them on stuff for games you don't have or have but haven't started yet. I had to go on a spending spree, too.
    The Assassin’s Creed Unity soundtrack you can get with uplay points is also a full album length thing and is one of the best soundtracks in the series.

I mean, something about Unity had to be good, right?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I went to go grab the soundtrack for Unity, and then was reminded I don't actually have it.

I do have 30 coins, though. When do they expire? March 31st?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I'll be at PAX so I'm trying to get rid of them before I'm away from my PC for a few days.

I dunno, i guess I'll blow it on skins? Some of these Uplay rewards seem like side quests. Not substantive ones, but like, it's clear they meant for everyone to play this by forcing them to engage with UPlay/UbiClub

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I'll be at PAX so I'm trying to get rid of them before I'm away from my PC for a few days.

I dunno, i guess I'll blow it on skins? Some of these Uplay rewards seem like side quests. Not substantive ones, but like, it's clear they meant for everyone to play this by forcing them to engage with UPlay/UbiClub

Is it even possible to play without interacting with it? Sure, you can just not spend your coins, but even on consoles I think it forces you to make a login.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I hope that Wolfenstein game is better than the DLC episodes from The New Colossus.

...and I wonder if Wolfenstein III will be set before or after this one?

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Anyone here playing Generation Zero? I'm having some fun with it. It hits certain STALKER notes with some L4D with some 80's for good measure. Love the soundtrack.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »

Is it even possible to play without interacting with it? Sure, you can just not spend your coins, but even on consoles I think it forces you to make a login.

You’re forced to use an Ubisoft account. On PC, Steam/Epic launch uPlay which then launches the game. It’s a light version of the launcher, but still requires an account and still tracks coins through uPlay.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    der8rdidw7qq.jpg

The MISSING: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories
    is an interesting SWERY game--well the first SWERY game I've played. It's an uncomfortable game. It's a renewing and hopeful game. But most of all it's a disturbing game.

You are J.J. Macfield, a young woman in design school who goes to the island of memories off the coast of Maine with her friend Emily. After, going to sleep under the stars, J.J. wakes up to find Emily nowhere to be found and with only her stuffed animal F.K. and her blank cellphone to keep her company in a waking nightmare of spinning blades, animated toy horrors and other hazards. She proceeds forward, goaded by glimpses of Emily and eerie messages coming from her cell phone.

Overall, this is a platformer game, though it's no Celeste in difficulty and has other...unsettling mechanics.

Warning: Talk of dismemberment and other game mechanics held within spoiler
    o94zh7f0w01y.png

While not overly explicit (J.J. becomes a dark silhouette until full healed) the movement and cries of pain can be off-putting--but are also necessary for the game to progress. You can heal to full health at any time, but sometimes you'll need to be just a decapitated head in order to navigate a series of tunnels.

The cries of pain, splashes of blood (albeit in white in stead of red), crunch of bone and other trauma are not for the unprepared as it is not done for laughs as other games might have it.

Even without the macabre gameplay, the story is no cake walk either as you dive in J.J.'s memories which are unlocked by collecting pink frosted donuts, a rather jarring difference from the setting at large.

The game clocks in at about 5 hours and that is without collecting all the donuts, there are cheats after completion to make doing so much easier. While this is quite a gap in its $30 price tag ($20 right now) I think it's a really worth while experience.

Thanks again to @Orivon for the gift!

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    It's not like Uplay points are all going away, they just have two-year expiration dates now which first come due this month.

Plus it's not like any of the stuff you could get with them was that interesting to begin with, so I feel it's less "sucks" and more "ehhh."

Also: coop Wolfenstein woooo!

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Karoz wrote: »
    the story is no cake walk either as you dive in J.J.'s memories which are unlocked by collecting pink frosted donuts

You had my interest already. This bit sealed it. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    the story is no cake walk either as you dive in J.J.'s memories which are unlocked by collecting pink frosted donuts

You had my interest already. This bit sealed it. :lol:
    There's some other things I would like to say but are extreme spoilers.

All I'll say is that it is also a very LGBT positive game.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    It's probably just me, but I find that new Wolfenstein trailer unsettling. There just seems something wrong with making teenagers into mindless murder machines that thumbs-up and celebrate kills. Maybe I'm just being too sensitive though.

Let's ignore the enemies in Wolfenstein are capital-N Nazis for a moment:

...You kind of aren't too sensitive? Youngblood moved a bit too fast to fully process it, in fact that might have been the entire point, but I know I'm starting to get a bit uncomfortable with modern video game violence and how well animated some of it is. Touchy subject, but still.

• Options
    Drovek wrote: »
    Anyone here playing Generation Zero? I'm having some fun with it. It hits certain STALKER notes with some L4D with some 80's for good measure. Love the soundtrack.

I'm very curious about it. To misquote Starship Troopers, I would like to know more!

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    It's probably just me, but I find that new Wolfenstein trailer unsettling. There just seems something wrong with making teenagers into mindless murder machines that thumbs-up and celebrate kills. Maybe I'm just being too sensitive though.

Let's ignore the enemies in Wolfenstein are capital-N Nazis for a moment:

...You kind of aren't too sensitive? Youngblood moved a bit too fast to fully process it, in fact that might have been the entire point, but I know I'm starting to get a bit uncomfortable with modern video game violence and how well animated some of it is. Touchy subject, but still.

There's definitely a few fatalities from the upcoming Mortal Kombat that I've seen and gone "I should stop watching this trailer at work before someone thinks I'm a psycho."

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Just remembered my UPlay coins are expiring at the end of the month.

This sucks.

I've been trying to spend mine on as much stuff I think I'll even possibly use as I can, on Xbox versions as well as PC. Trouble is I'd mostly been saving them so I'll still have some expiring. It does suck, it's left an unpleasant feeling about what has generally been a pretty neat perk about Uplay.

I'm just glad you can spend them on stuff for games you don't have or have but haven't started yet. I had to go on a spending spree, too.
    The Assassin’s Creed Unity soundtrack you can get with uplay points is also a full album length thing and is one of the best soundtracks in the series.

I mean, something about Unity had to be good, right?

You get to stab a lot - and I mean a LOT - of French people.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    The job offer was rescinded. So now I must find a place to stay while I look for something else. If you're in North Texas/DFW or know someone there who might be able to help out, please PM me. Thanks.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    The job offer was rescinded. So now I must find a place to stay while I look for something else. If you're in North Texas/DFW or know someone there who might be able to help out, please PM me. Thanks.

Dang, sorry dude :<

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

I'm very curious about it. To misquote Starship Troopers, I would like to know more!

It's not too complicated a game to describe: Sweden, 1980's, IKEA robots running rampant.

The main idea is that you'll slowly explore this island (which looks gorgeous, this is by the Just Cause guys, so you know) while trying to figure out just what the heck is going on. You'll find weapons, ammo, notes, maps, voice recordings... all the while moving mostly on foot through the fields, opening containers, houses, cars. The enemy robots you'll find every now and then, sometimes patrolling in groups in the middle of the woods, sometimes defending a farm. The gunplay in this case is great, you can damage specific parts of the robots and you can get some loot depending on what you (don't) damage. There's an RPG-lite progression system that lets you acquire new abilities.

The atmosphere is really well done, with some nice soundwork, night and day and weather effects, and some great 80's inspired soundtrack.

There's some bugs, I've had my issues fighting the inventory system and 1 crash in about 5-6 hours of play. Sometimes the AI just gets acting dumb and gets stuck (but it's not the rule either.) There's also not any (that I've seen) NPC's in sight, so unless you're playing with people, it can be a very solo experience.

I didn't get the chance to play multiplayer a lot. There seemed to be only one game with one other guy, but it was kinda laggy and I decided to drop instead of hanging around. I kinda want to see this with 3 other people who actually want to play this together, though.

So, the game is a bit flawed, it could indeed be better, but there's something about the whole package that's just more than the sum of its parts, sort of like the first STALKER.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Sorry, Santa. I don't live in Texas or I would send you an express sleigh to help you out.

In similar news, I'm actually leaving my company tomorrow as well. Executive management is playing musical chairs and introducing new positions to replace old ones, and my position is getting removed from my department. I've been aware of it for a couple months, so I've been interviewing for more Web Dev and SharePoint stuff in the Philly and KOP area but no luck just yet. In any case, expect more streams and more activity from me until something comes up. :rotate:

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Ugh, sorry Koopah!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    I picked up Sekiro, because I love to hate myself.

My biggest issue is just getting flustered and falling apart. My brain just can't keep up and I start mashing everything.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Suds wrote: »

My biggest issue is just getting flustered and falling apart. My brain just can't keep up and I start mashing everything.

Honestly, not a bad strategy in this game. Most of the smaller grunts that you run into can just mash through their posture, it isn't until you run into armored grunts, generals, or shinobis that you need to slow down and time your blocks. Once you learn how to block + counter effectively, you feel like a ninja god.

• Options
    Suds wrote: »

Oh hey, that was my approach to Dark Souls!

Spoiler: I did not do well at Dark Souls.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Sorry, Santa. I don't live in Texas or I would send you an express sleigh to help you out.

Well, I'm not expressly tied to the area. It's just where I'm at.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I'm contributing! Kinda!

The Sexy Brutale
    X6K6L-LT5A8-NFQK7

Bohemian Killing
    8FZGP-KB2RG-533PK

Alicia Griffith – Lakeside Murder
    655GG-ZKVZP-ATH57

Hmm, preview doesn't show the tags working, so hopefully it just works when I post this! EDIT: Oh no! Fuck! EDIT EDIT: Bleh that didn't work worth a shit either. Well fuck the tags, then I guess!

I bought the Undercover bundle from Fanatical and these were titles that both didn't have Linux clients and also had poor ratings on Protondb (meaning Steam Play can't emulate them well or at all). But that still means I was 7/10 for $2.50!

Thawmus on
    Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    fairshare is what it shows up as when you quote it, but the actual command you want to use is codes. (note: not code)

This discussion has been closed.