Options

[Anthem], available now!

1234568»

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I got to the tomb quests and honestly had most of them done/nearly completed but I cannot find chests to save my life. Even with a map circling the general area.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Still mostly enjoying the gameplay

But

Ash Titans are probably the least fun thing in the entire game, top to bottom what a miserable fucking experience

Titans in general are the worst fights. Like the 3 strong hold boss fights they have are way more fun experiences, hell the heart of rage fight is how you can make a titan a more fun boss to fight. I hope that's one criticism they listen to and don't give us more titan events/fights. They are just garbage bullet sponge annoyances.

Now have the tyrant mine boss spawn out in the freeplay area? I'd shit my pants.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    It doesn't help that the hitboxes on all of their attacks are laggy garbage so there's virtually no indication as to whether you dodged a thing correctly or not.

On the plus side, Colossus can easily shield through all of their shit but then they have roughly two seconds to attack every once in awhile

• Options
    It doesn't help that the hitboxes on all of their attacks are laggy garbage so there's virtually no indication as to whether you dodged a thing correctly or not.

On the plus side, Colossus can easily shield through all of their shit but then they have roughly two seconds to attack every once in awhile

Yeah playing my captain rocky road earlier it was nice to just pull my shield up to soak his bullshit and then open up with ol painless (endless siege, autocannon 600 round magazine I'm literally Jesse Ventura from Predator in a mech suit). It was a lot nicer than on my "anime is real to me" where I end up flipping and running off the god damn endless burning bullshit.

Though I will say I have died an inordinate more times on the chungus than on flippy ninja. Its mostly because flippy ninja can disengage easier, on chunk I uhh smash into a wall and die its sad really. So exactly like Jesse in Predator...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2019
    Just did the Fortress of Dawn mission!
    Glad that it appears that Owen was always meant to suck!

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Just did the Fortress of Dawn mission!
    Glad that it appears that Owen was always meant to suck!

What was weird for me was I did a bunch of freeplay early on because I was on the trial on the xbone. Fortress of dawn spoilers...

So I got used to owen in freeplay giving me objectives and such, and then when I hit 30 I went back to freeplay and it was cool mom as my cypher and I was like "oh right owen's gone".

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    So, the story still isn't anything particularly special, but the character work vastly improves as the plot moves along, and they're doing really solid work with the animations. Also I cleaned up the fountain. I'm enjoying this a bit more than I expected, though I expect that when I get to the point where I'm doing like, daily quests, I'm probably going to back off a bit until more story focused stuff gets released

• Options
    Huh, just noticed that the way you get blueprints for weapons and gear is to use them and complete challenges

Also noticed that Inferno Grenades are bugged so that the second challenge never shows up, so you can't currently get the blueprints for blue inferno grenades or better

Guess I should figure out another grenade to use for awhile

• Options
    You also unlock new material types and...condition types? for your javelin by leveling your rep with the various factions. There's also other cosmetic changes that happen to the fort.

• Options
    Huh, just noticed that the way you get blueprints for weapons and gear is to use them and complete challenges

Also noticed that Inferno Grenades are bugged so that the second challenge never shows up, so you can't currently get the blueprints for blue inferno grenades or better

I wouldn't even worry about getting those particular gear blueprints. They are moderately useful to fill power gaps while leveling, but trust me at max level you're rolling in purples.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Preacher wrote: »

I wouldn't even worry about getting those particular gear blueprints. They are moderately useful to fill power gaps while leveling, but trust me at max level you're rolling in purples.

You can also craft purples

Bolded the important bit of my original post

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Holy crap, Ranger has a component that just increases gun damage by 25% and this seems broken

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Masterwork components are all fucking bonkers. Colossus gets one that just...increases their damage by 40% for 10 seconds after detonating a combo.

• Options
    It's not even a masterwork component

It's just a normal Ranger component

It's wildly more powerful than anything else I've seen, when you consider just how much of your damage is gonna be guns

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Yeah I've got that, a shield mod and a grenade recharge on my ranger right now and it's great

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    Are other people having issues with jumping into what seem to be broken quickplay missions? I'd say it's a 50/50 chance I get dumped into something that's literally stuck on an objective, either they already did what it asked and they're waiting for it to progress or it doesn't trigger the next mission step? It's putting a damper on my enjoyment of the game, to be sure.

kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I've had a couple times where things weren't loading in correctly for me, like enemies we're there that I couldn't see or shoot, had to quit out and rejoin the session real quick and that fixed it.

Never had it happen where it seems to break for everyone at once though. One thing I've noticed is that sometimes someone will have picked up a thing and they haven't turned it in so it'll seem like something broke.

That said this game is buggy as shit so I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Azraith wrote: »
    Are other people having issues with jumping into what seem to be broken quickplay missions? I'd say it's a 50/50 chance I get dumped into something that's literally stuck on an objective, either they already did what it asked and they're waiting for it to progress or it doesn't trigger the next mission step? It's putting a damper on my enjoyment of the game, to be sure.

Yeah, you have a higher chance of getting broken missions with quickplay, because people will leave when things are broken, and people using quickplay get sent in to replace them

So it's not really quickplay itself that is broken, but they need to figure out some way to detect if a mission is broken and not funnel people into it

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Had a crash that shut down my entire PS4 and called it a night.

• Options
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Had a crash that shut down my entire PS4 and called it a night.

This is apparently a thing, which is fucking wild

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Azraith wrote: »

Yeah, you have a higher chance of getting broken missions with quickplay, because people will leave when things are broken, and people using quickplay get sent in to replace them

So it's not really quickplay itself that is broken, but they need to figure out some way to detect if a mission is broken and not funnel people into it

Yep. Mission breaking rate is pretty low from what I can tell. Only had one bug out of the ones I've played from the start. But while broken missions are persisting it's wrecking quickplay.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    The Colossus ability that zaps nearby enemies (which can be used with your shield up) + flamethrower is self-combo central, very satisfying indeed.

As for treasure chests, the stronghold has a few of those (same with world events) so that's how I mopped up that challenge. Also revives, since people over-extend a little.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Fortress of Dawn was a really good mission/a turning point on me being hooked on the story.

• Options
    MercwolfMercwolf Registered User regular
    In case anyone still cares there was a dev stream today

• Options
    I'm following news about the game, but I'm taking a bit of a break until they add more stuff. Mostly because I've largely done what was already there, and I don't really care about chasing better gear just for the sake of it.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Yeah the only way to advance my Colossus is legendaries, which drop so rarely it's pointless for me to even pursue that avenue.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    kinda burnt out on it but I legit want to see what their content updates look like.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682