As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] Workshop now included.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    McCree may be a fake cowboy but he's also poor, he wants to get drunk as quickly and cheaply as possible. While you should take Tracer's military service into account she seems like someone who would have a deliberate affectation

Taking fan canon into account (which is all that matters), McCree just really feels like someone who would say "no thanks, I don't actually like the taste of hard liquor, but if you have a nice grapefruit IPA". He would also be the one to suggest a buttery nipple or lemon drop style shot. Note that this isn't a judgment thing at all, it just feels very McCree to me.

Tracer definitely has an affectation, but I also think she's too polite and easygoing to turn down an easy light beer if it's put in front of her. Compared to Widow, who would raise it halfway then throw it right in your face (glass included).

• Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Cantido wrote: »
    There is no beverage I'm comfortable sponsoring e-sports. Beer, sugary sports drinks, energy drinks... Gamers don't need (more) of that garbage.

Milk.

Yeah but then again I've heard that some studies say milk has basically no nutritional value, and also that our industrial-level cow-farming is a habit we should abandon if we want to mitigate global warming, because methane, and also because of our constant forest-clearing which is often driven by the desire to clear land for cows (so global warming squared). Fo srs. I tried out the UN's official "how to reduce your emissions" test and the most left-field question was "do you eat beef and/or consume dairy"? It's a serious issue.

Nothing but water guys. And don't try and sneak bottled water into the argument here! It's tap water or lobby your local government to fix the infrastructure! Put that line in an ad campaign and smoke it!

But if we're gonna talk about beer (which I totally also drink) well...we should definitely talk about sport ads generally. Because as a child I watched plenty of meatsports with PLENTY of beer ads. Hell, the relationship is more direct because of most sports' focus on "developing young talent" (read: little league). Just because we're acclimatised doesn't make it right. (Although it does make it practically unassailable.)

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    playing comp list my hero pool and my team laughs at me

they laughed! laughed at rat hog zen! "how are you at this sr with that hero pool"

the true horrors of ranked... the heaviest thing to carry... is these feelings....

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    to be fair, zenyatta has no place hanging around that bad dirty duo

he's gonna pick up some Rude Manners that way

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Hog is good though? He’s super survivable, can fuck up enemy team placement, deals stupid damage at point blank and demands attention

I like Hog

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    We'll see how it plays out over the course of the series but outlaws look much more comfortable leaning into this dps heavy comp, in spite of everything Flame was saying.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    We'll see how it plays out over the course of the series but outlaws look much more comfortable leaning into this dps heavy comp, in spite of everything Flame was saying.

And then they get scared and try GOATS and lose in round 2 and in the third round don't even consider some anti-GOATS cheese especially when Seoul retreated to get Ana.

And then they get rolled defending Paris with GOATS

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Hog is good though? He’s super survivable, can fuck up enemy team placement, deals stupid damage at point blank and demands attention

I like Hog

I think Roadhog's not necessarily a dysfunctional character, but he's competing with D.Va and Zarya for his spot on the team, both of whom carry better or at least more generally applicable damage abilities and have damage mitigation strategies that don't provide excess ult charge to the enemy team.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Hog paired with Rein or Orisa generally mitigates that somewhat

Pull them out of position from behind a zomg hueg shield and call your targets, you can generally get a decent early pick and then it’s a 6v5 sitch

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Hog is fine for any of us, but in high skill games he's a trash ult battery. And even for us you're probably better off playing someone else unless you never miss hooks.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    oh they were just being idiots

hog is good as hell its just that broadly people want to run either hog+orisa, rein+zarya, or some kind of dive

hog orisa tends to be map or payload specific, and nobody wants to rein with hog as their offtank as the other rein gets bubbled while you are just stuck with the fat man. the problem with hog is more that he is very easy to feed on if you arent careful (and this gets worse with sr - good anas are basically satan and good teams will just collapse on you if you stand in dumb places) but hes also one of the best tank killers in the game and soft counters eg zarya and nearly hard counters orisa if you play him right. if you can land midair hooks he also CRUSHES winston

he also, completely contra the meme, is not countered by reaper unless the reaper is heavily supported (you literally just force shade form then left click hook headshot him and hes dead almost every single time - hes wide as hell and basically unmissable with hook. if he goes for anybody other than you he has to stay miles away or you just one shot him). i dont think ive lost in comp to a lineup with reaper on it as hog in the last 100 games

hes also incredibly good vs tank heavy lineups but people get sulky about it because they are morans. hog is my BOI

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    do people even try on Horizon anymore? It's just the most lopsided map to play and either resign to the loss or quit the game way more than even the other A/B maps.

• Options
    broadly you see lucio rush with shield left, symm cheese tp to point, stairs rush / space shenanigans or some kind of dive on the stairtop bunker... what you seeing?

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I'm seeing a Symmetra/Baptiste/Bridget/76 or DvA or Torb/Orisa and Bastion. Basically Bridget goes up the stairs on the right to distract while Symmetra teleports up top either to the left ledge or to that perch on the right next to the room from the stairs, and Orisa will drop a shield for torb turret to shoot down from up top, while everyone else hops down to the right entrance and pushes with immortality field. It's a rope a dope strategy that's implicit on Bridget either sacrificing herself either in killing time or pulling enemies away and she's still able to throw a shield heal or give burst healing depending on how far up the stairs she goes and people look up to the turret when Bastions right there on the ground shredding you. I've also seen Richard Hammond to be a speed distraction instead and he's got the slam to set up Bastion too.

And essentially by the time the point is capped and you have people trying in vain to get to point A again creating a stagger, they've just fed for the rushing team enough to pop one or two ults on B, and you already have a new Orisa barrier and immortality field to clean up and get an easy B.

But hey, it's ok, because the Widow on our team will just sit there on that perch in the back and pretend to be Carpe and that one and only one kill during the match they get makes it all worthwhile.

And this is just something I've thought of this week and I don't know how to implement it without it being abused, but some kind of reporting system where it's simply "this player is not good with X" could be added to at least prepare your team at the select screen of what to expect. I don't know if you could just have it be reported and then if a player who is frequently tagged for their shitty Widow play, it will show up right next to the "no tank/healer/low damage" warning. It wouldn't stick around long, maybe three games/matches unless the baseline stats improve, and you could even have it show up as green as a reassurance for the other players. "Oh shit that person is playing Ana I'm worried they're gonna suck and whiff but oh hey I've got a green smiley face over DeezNutz69420's name, they look at least competent, I'm less worried now." Considering they've already made the profiles private that's only made things worse this will likely never happen but a dream is a dream.

• Options
    also random clips from todays comp before the highlight system gets reset by patches which i always forget rip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnHdMQhFB-Q&feature=youtu.be

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    It's funny when people are like "omg, how are you this high with X". Either the hero really does have a place, or the player who uses them is better than you because they're at the same SR while playing subpar heroes. Either way,when you say that quote, you're the joke, not the words.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »
    There is no beverage I'm comfortable sponsoring e-sports. Beer, sugary sports drinks, energy drinks... Gamers don't need (more) of that garbage.

Milk.

Yeah but then again I've heard that some studies say milk has basically no nutritional value, and also that our industrial-level cow-farming is a habit we should abandon if we want to mitigate global warming, because methane, and also because of our constant forest-clearing which is often driven by the desire to clear land for cows (so global warming squared). Fo srs. I tried out the UN's official "how to reduce your emissions" test and the most left-field question was "do you eat beef and/or consume dairy"? It's a serious issue.

Nothing but water guys. And don't try and sneak bottled water into the argument here! It's tap water or lobby your local government to fix the infrastructure! Put that line in an ad campaign and smoke it!

But if we're gonna talk about beer (which I totally also drink) well...we should definitely talk about sport ads generally. Because as a child I watched plenty of meatsports with PLENTY of beer ads. Hell, the relationship is more direct because of most sports' focus on "developing young talent" (read: little league). Just because we're acclimatised doesn't make it right. (Although it does make it practically unassailable.)

HOLD UP THERE STEELY DAN...as a resident of Wisconsin and having worked in the dairy industry for a few years now...that is so wrong it causes me physical pain just to read it. (The bolded part). Milk is an amazing source of protein and lactose which (if you're not lactose intolerant) breaks down to glucose and galactose. Hell, there are professional athletes that use whole milk as their workout recovery drink instead of those stupid protein drinks, since those usually get their protein from milk anyway.

But in Overwatch talk...uh...love Junkrat?

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    3qwu5ef9514o.png

fed wife up to gm in time for end of season points

the qualifying game i was on a team that played 5dps and mercy on rialto attack and we... got quite a long way. then held and enemy team tilted

hurrah

and literally playing 50% junkrat 25% hog 25% zen looking at the played time what a split

EDIT: and in the 5dps beginning when i offered to play tank

ypnb5rn9k2su.png

somebody appreciated the rat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    No, milk is definitely a scam by the dairy industry. But then again what isn't a scam? And it does taste good if you aren't lactose intolerant.

Coinage on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    The crowd is actually really good for a travel event, really impressed compared to the audience in LA that look bored or paid, and it feels like the crowd actually influences a team like a world cup or final.

But they're probably going to ban fan posters now after this weekend.

edit: Throwston Throwlaws.

edit 2: upgraded to Throwston Outlaws, hooray for Mei.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Xm2XBv-AY&feature=youtu.be

or why the damage buff is actually noticeable

kn92flcu9gnq.png

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Xm2XBv-AY&feature=youtu.be

or why the damage buff is actually noticeable

kn92flcu9gnq.png

I laughed out loud. Sublime. This summer: you'll believe a rat can fly.

soylenth on
  • Options
    Starting next season they're going to now make it solo or duo queue only for players in GM rank and above, which should be interesting to see if it trickles down to us normies. From what has been said it seems if you're a 3 stack GM you basically get placed against weaker people because the system doesn't know how to place you so it was a cheap way to gain SR at certain points of the day.

• Options
    its good. the way the sr system weighted your sr as a group was balanced around the average effect of grouping - which at most levels of play was close to zero. the problem is the effect of 3 gm/t500 players grouping was dramatically different but the weighting wasn't done for them - so they would straight harvest sr

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I love junkrats with big ole crosshairs. It just feels like the choice Junk himself would make.

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if season 15 has ended?

I just kept putting off my placements and I wanted to throw myself into a rusty 10 games tonight to get that CP.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Does anyone know if season 15 has ended?

I just kept putting off my placements and I wanted to throw myself into a rusty 10 games tonight to get that CP.

Ends today. Not sure what time exactly.

• Options
    I choose hope!

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    I choose hope!

30fy893j3vh8.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Noooooes!

Edit: finally get a moment to log in.

Season ends in 31 minutes.

Oh well.

Chance on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i always tell myself 'this'll be the season i grind a bunch in ranked' then whaddaya know two months have flown by and i gotta blitz through placements in one or two sittings

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    i always tell myself 'this'll be the season i grind a bunch in ranked' then whaddaya know two months have flown by and i gotta blitz through placements in one or two sittings

This season is that season! I believe!

You play more QP though right? Maybe just throw in a Comp game in between your QP games.

I'm lucky in that way though: Comp is my idea of QP. The level of care factor and tryhardiness is about what I expect from an Unranked game of DotA, so Comp is very comfortable for me. But maybe DotA broke me in ways I haven't yet come to terms with. :P

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »

This season is that season! I believe!

You play more QP though right? Maybe just throw in a Comp game in between your QP games.

I'm lucky in that way though: Comp is my idea of QP. The level of care factor and tryhardiness is about what I expect from an Unranked game of DotA, so Comp is very comfortable for me. But maybe DotA broke me in ways I haven't yet come to terms with. :P

MOBAs: Not Even Once.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I dipped my toes in HotS for a little, and it was fun. I haven't played it in a long time though. Also, I never tried whatever the equivalent of competitive was, I stuck to the 'for funsies' modes.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Oh, they finally got rid of that silly waiting period between seasons? Sweet.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular

Just do what I do: Get to the part where you would blitz through placements and then don't do it.

• Options
    madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    and no sooner do i post that than this happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xJCMrChBII

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    The Workshop is still pretty limited but people are trying so hard: https://gfycat.com/harshuniformamethystinepython

• Options
    Man, Washington Justice is...very bad

This discussion has been closed.