Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Overwatch] Storm Rising

1272830323343

Posts

  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    lucio 6.0 is fast as fuck boiiii

    KoopahTroopahdavidsdurions
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades 地獄のようにかわいい あなたは嫉妬深いかRegistered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    The patch notes are yuuuuge - tons of changes to everyone it seems but my beloved Tracer.

    Edit: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/patch-notes/pc/#patch-55918


    Also the patch is like 850MB on PS4, so start downloadin' early if you can.

    No sympathy for the devil!

    Mei got buffed though

    ジェイムズ・ブラウンの好きな色は何ですか?
    青!
    KoopahTroopahSirToastyDevoutlyApatheticH3Knuckles
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Haven't tried the new patch, but even though Wrecking Ball technically received a buff, that change is going to be hard for me to get used to, considering I've gotten used to using "E" to engage the enemy team after landing a pile drive. Now that action will require two inputs! Two whole button presses! My god!

    You can still disengage ball mode by shooting which you were gonna do anyway. So the same number as before!

  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    lucio 6.0 is fast as fuck boiiii

    Eurobeat intensifies

    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    The patch notes are yuuuuge - tons of changes to everyone it seems but my beloved Tracer.

    Edit: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/patch-notes/pc/#patch-55918


    Also the patch is like 850MB on PS4, so start downloadin' early if you can.

    No sympathy for the devil!

    Mei got buffed though

    It's a minor buff, but us meins will take what we can get.

    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
    McMooglePailryder
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    The patch notes are yuuuuge - tons of changes to everyone it seems but my beloved Tracer.

    Edit: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/patch-notes/pc/#patch-55918


    Also the patch is like 850MB on PS4, so start downloadin' early if you can.

    No sympathy for the devil!

    Mei got buffed though

    No sympathy, just blood for the blood goddess.

    steam_sig.png
    soylenth
  • Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular


    Ahhhh the first PotG with a new hero.

    ChancedavidsdurionssoylenthH3Knuckles
  • CoinageCoinage dance all crazy, whip my hair around all crazy Registered User regular
    250 hp Torb is legit.

    My baba said that I'm not living right
    I said I'm trying baba
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited March 19
    Pailryder wrote: »
    symmetra is going to be a monster now :(

    I was really hoping there’d be a nerf incoming. After stepping away from the game for a while I hate that she can now throw her turrets it makes her increadibly I fun to play against.

    LostNinja on
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    250 hp Torb is legit.

    Booo that was a bad buff. He's got overload, 2 fire modes and the frickin turret - he doesn't need 250, 50 of it armor.

    If he does, why doesn't McCree have 250? Or Soldier?

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    TexiKen
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    250 hp Torb is legit.

    Booo that was a bad buff. He's got overload, 2 fire modes and the frickin turret - he doesn't need 250, 50 of it armor.

    If he does, why doesn't McCree have 250? Or Soldier?

    Mccree and soldier are not stout bois with body armor

    Kana
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Bapstion is my new favorite celebrity couple.

    H3Knuckles
  • CoinageCoinage dance all crazy, whip my hair around all crazy Registered User regular
    They nerfed Overload though. 250 hp makes sense because he's fat and fairly short range. You can still plonk him in the head if you're above him like he's an Orisa

    My baba said that I'm not living right
    I said I'm trying baba
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    250 hp Torb is legit.

    Booo that was a bad buff. He's got overload, 2 fire modes and the frickin turret - he doesn't need 250, 50 of it armor.

    If he does, why doesn't McCree have 250? Or Soldier?

    It's to make up for the fact that he's got a nice, round, easy-to-shoot hitbox (his head especially). McCree and Soldier are tall thinboys that can innately avoid more damage than Torb. Without fail in OW, the easier your model is to hit the more HP you get, and vice versa. Their other option would be to make noticeable changes to his hitbox, which they haven't ever done and are probably super reluctant to do if they can at all avoid it. As someone who generally sees a non-overloading Torb as a tasty little ult-charging treat, I'm fine with him getting a little more non-ability-reliant survivability.

    soylenthKanaH3Knuckles
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 19
    In all seriousness I think he's beefy hp-wise because he's very plunkable. Plonkable? Plinkable? An inviting target is what I mean.

    soylenth on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Wanted Dead or Alive 50 BellyRegistered User regular
    One thing I'm noticing is that while they try to balance teams (lolz), they don't balance out the endorsement levels on teams. You might think it's meaningless but I can guarantee at like 90% certainty during a game a silver portrait player with a level 1 endorsement will quit the game midway like a piece of shit, which then opens up the tilting floodgates of salted Gamefuel.

    svGX1mU.png
    Chance
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I love those games where it's a never-ending cascade failure of quitters after one bad skirmish, perpetually hamstringing any chance at a comeback. Nice work everyone!

    TexiKenPailryderLostNinja
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades 地獄のようにかわいい あなたは嫉妬深いかRegistered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    I love those games where it's a never-ending cascade failure of quitters after one bad skirmish, perpetually hamstringing any chance at a comeback. Nice work everyone!

    Yeah but from their perspective, they never lose a match!

    Sounds like they’re better at winning than you are!

    /sarcasm

    ジェイムズ・ブラウンの好きな色は何ですか?
    青!
    soylenthPailryder
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    People are just sensitive, tilting babies about everything. Babies!

    BloodySlothH3Knuckles
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    In all seriousness I think he's beefy hp-wise because he's very plunkable. Plonkable? Plinkable? An inviting target is what I mean.

    Ehhh then make him 250HP. 200 hp + 50 Armor is Brig levels of tankiness.

    (Chance you're just complaining because it'll be harder to one-clip Torbs now.)

    That's not the only reason. The other reason is because that turret is some fucking bullshit.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    soylenth
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades 地獄のようにかわいい あなたは嫉妬深いかRegistered User regular
    Like I know whenever I’m playing chess with someone and it becomes obvious that they are better at it than I am, I flip the board and run away screaming.

    To this date, I’ve never lost a chess match! Kasparov, eat your heart out!

    ジェイムズ・ブラウンの好きな色は何ですか?
    青!
    soylenthH3Knuckles
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades 地獄のようにかわいい あなたは嫉妬深いかRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    soylenth wrote: »
    In all seriousness I think he's beefy hp-wise because he's very plunkable. Plonkable? Plinkable? An inviting target is what I mean.

    Ehhh then make him 250HP. 200 hp + 50 Armor is Brig levels of tankiness.

    (Chance you're just complaining because it'll be harder to one-clip Torbs now.)

    That's not the only reason. The other reason is because that turret is some fucking bullshit.

    That whole family is the anti-Tracer

    ジェイムズ・ブラウンの好きな色は何ですか?
    青!
    ChanceH3Knuckles
  • TexiKenTexiKen Wanted Dead or Alive 50 BellyRegistered User regular
    I will say with Torb the reason he was 200 hp was because he could throw out a 250 hp extra teammate.

    If you buff his HP, reduce the turret to 200, you can't say that's bad when most of the players are 200. Or make his turret die when he does if we're going to mess with Widow like that now and make people respect staying alive.

    svGX1mU.png
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 19
    I played a MH today where it just keep spawning me as squishies like genji or tracer to feed the enemy team's turret. Turret kills for the Torb god!

    And then another, where the enemy team had 2 tracers and a reaper and it kept feeding me in as squishy healers to be destroyed by them. MH is so punishing at times.

    I still wish I didn't suck at Genji. 885 hours played and I'm still just hopping around ineffectively.

    soylenth on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades 地獄のようにかわいい あなたは嫉妬深いかRegistered User regular
    I got better at Genji when I realized three truths:

    1) He is better at finishing blows than almost any other character

    2) He is not so good at solo kills

    3) His deflect is not an offensive tool (99% of the time), it is a get out of jail when you’re taking damage. Never use it to predict incoming damage!

    4) Dash is good in two situations: when you can finish off an enemy and take it immediately off cooldown as a result, when you’ll hit several enemies at once for big meaty damage, or when you’re about to hit your ult, in which case you’ll dash up into the air, hit your ult, then dash towards the most vulnerable looking enemy, slash slash slash, kill, then dash towards the next

    So there you have it. Three truths. Genji is also the best character at math.

    ジェイムズ・ブラウンの好きな色は何ですか?
    青!
    soylenthChance
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Dispatch from the Department of Bad Ideas

    Zenyatta no longer has a crouch. Instead, the crouch button causes Zenyatta to lift into the air. Slowly. Extremely slowly.

    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    Chance
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    250 hp Torb is legit.

    Booo that was a bad buff. He's got overload, 2 fire modes and the frickin turret - he doesn't need 250, 50 of it armor.

    If he does, why doesn't McCree have 250? Or Soldier?

    It's to make up for the fact that he's got a nice, round, easy-to-shoot hitbox (his head especially). McCree and Soldier are tall thinboys that can innately avoid more damage than Torb. Without fail in OW, the easier your model is to hit the more HP you get, and vice versa

    torb's fat head also isn't doing tumbleweed rolls or sprinting all over the place
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Pailryder wrote: »
    symmetra is going to be a monster now :(

    I was really hoping there’d be a nerf incoming. After stepping away from the game for a while I hate that she can now throw her turrets it makes her increadibly I fun to play against.

    one of the tradeoffs is you can destroy them while they're still in the air, they're slow moving and don't deal damage until they land

    H3Knuckles
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    And it takes them a second or two to actually spin up after they do land. It's obnoxious to turn around all the time and destroy another batch of turrets though. Which is probably their real utility.

  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited March 20
    Kupi wrote: »
    Dispatch from the Department of Bad Ideas

    Zenyatta no longer has a crouch. Instead, the crouch button causes Zenyatta to lift into the air. Slowly. Extremely slowly.

    I think that's my all-time favorite dispatch.

    torb's fat head also isn't doing tumbleweed rolls or sprinting all over the place

    Well no, he's not tumbleweed rolling, but he's going up to 350hp and tanking pulse bombs. A torb overloads at you, you just gtfo. I can't cut through all that armor.

    That's like 600 effective HP to work through all of a sudden, for a Tracer.

    McCree wishes he had Overload.

    Edit: oh God but I came here to post:

    Play 3 games as Baptiste in qp, drop to 3 endorsement. Go Tracer to get 4 back, and I've had like five Pulse Bombs nullified by this asshole lol

    Chance on
    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • TexiKenTexiKen Wanted Dead or Alive 50 BellyRegistered User regular
    Baptiste's ult needs waaaaay longer build time.

    svGX1mU.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited March 20
    I love the Blizzard traditional of actually overall buffing Lucio whenever they nerf him.

    Also...Illos Well will be even more of a nightmare.

    Dragkonias on
    soylenth
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Baptiste's ult needs waaaaay longer build time.

    The visual effect as your bullets go through is cool though

  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    Why are we complaining that Torbjorn is finally somewhere adjacent to "good"?

    I dun geddit.

    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

    hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    soylenthSirToastyKanaH3KnucklesJackdawGinKwoaru
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    The smurfs are tormenting Gold players tonight boasting "watch my Twitch Stream". They are utterly demoralizing and make me want to not play this anymore.

    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Kupi wrote: »
    Dispatch from the Department of Bad Ideas

    Zenyatta no longer has a crouch. Instead, the crouch button causes Zenyatta to lift into the air. Slowly. Extremely slowly.

    I think that's my all-time favorite dispatch.

    torb's fat head also isn't doing tumbleweed rolls or sprinting all over the place

    Well no, he's not tumbleweed rolling, but he's going up to 350hp and tanking pulse bombs. A torb overloads at you, you just gtfo. I can't cut through all that armor.

    That's like 600 effective HP to work through all of a sudden, for a Tracer.

    McCree wishes he had Overload.

    Edit: oh God but I came here to post:

    Play 3 games as Baptiste in qp, drop to 3 endorsement. Go Tracer to get 4 back, and I've had like five Pulse Bombs nullified by this asshole lol

    They nerfed Overload you know. An Overloaded Torb has exactly the same stats post patch as pre patch.

    Chance
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Torb was 90% head hitbox so this was a good change. Also armor was generally nerfed vs. beam and dot attacks.

    H3Knuckles
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    With Soldier's buff, Torb would have died upon getting hit by 5 Soldier bullets, out of his clip of 25. And Soldier's first 5 bullets have perfect accuracy.

    I'm totally fine with baseline Torb getting a little buffer, he is a walking head hitbox, against any heroes that can headshot his effective HPs were MUCH less than 200.

    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    H3Knuckles
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Booo. Booo each and every one of these well-reasoned arguments! Torbjorn's a poopy butthead and he and his wicked spawn
    Chance wrote: »
    soylenth wrote: »
    In all seriousness I think he's beefy hp-wise because he's very plunkable. Plonkable? Plinkable? An inviting target is what I mean.

    Ehhh then make him 250HP. 200 hp + 50 Armor is Brig levels of tankiness.

    (Chance you're just complaining because it'll be harder to one-clip Torbs now.)

    That's not the only reason. The other reason is because that turret is some fucking bullshit.

    That whole family is the anti-Tracer

    are a threat to our very person! (Slams fist on table!)

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    McMoogle
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »
    Why are we complaining that Torbjorn is finally somewhere adjacent to "good"?

    I dun geddit.

    Only Chance is doing it because Tracer hates the Swedes.

    joshofalltradesH3KnucklesKwoaru
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »
    Why are we complaining that Torbjorn is finally somewhere adjacent to "good"?

    I dun geddit.

    Only Chance is doing it because Tracer hates the Swedes.

    There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture, and the Swedes.

    Also Baptiste's kit is potentially hugely impactful and the immortality field is a teamfight winner when deployed at the right moment. My issue right now is I can't kill it solo like a Torb turret - and I seem to be the only one who ever shoots at it. So I've devised a new strategy, and it suppresses his entire kit. Here it is: Kill the Baptiste.

    He's a big, hunched hitbox like Zarya, and super easy to land shots on.

    When I start fighting Baptistes who've master jumpin' around, I'm gonna' have real problems.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    Pailryder
Sign In or Register to comment.