Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Overwatch] Workshop now included.

14748505253100

Posts

  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Rail gun. 6 sec CD, 175 damage, only offensive ability save for melee. So it can own a squishy that jumps it but can't really hold ground Vs. D.Va, Winston or Ham.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    H3Knuckles
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    orisa is not that far off from being a sniper tank in the sense that she has no falloff and is reasonably accurate, just gotta be shooting stationary targets or leading super well

    IMO Orisa is the emplaced machine gun of tanks. You pick a spot and you hold down the trigger until you gotta move again or everyone is dead.

    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

    hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    ChanceNobodyH3Knuckles
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I like the idea of a weapon with overheat instead of reload. The game has most weapon archetypes covered except for that one.

    H3KnucklesMusicool
  • RoeRoe Registered User regular
    edited May 8
    This might happen if a bill passes. I like loot boxes myself, as long as they are not pay to win.

    Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Loot boxes are fine if there's no way to buy them with real money, either directly (x amount of loot boxes for $y) or indirectly (buying in-game currency with real money, which can then be used to buy loot boxes). Also, I'm of the opinion that loot boxes should only ever contain cosmetic items.

    If you can buy lootboxes with money, it's taking advantage of people with gambling problems. If loot boxes have gameplay enhancing items in them, then it makes luck a deciding factor in who advances quicker/at all (LoTR Shadows of War comes to mind). If you can buy lootboxes AND they can contain gameplay enhancing items? Well, that's just super shitty and predatory.

    H3Knuckles
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Just had a moira brag about 13k heals on a long Eichenwald game. Please have some sort of feedback mechanism beyond medals, blizz........

  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    The "eliminations" stat should definitely be weighted by your contribution to the last however many damage it took to kill them, I think. Doing 5 damage to six enemies as Junkrat throws a RIP-Tire into them shouldn't award you six eliminations.

    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    H3Knuckles
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Also bastion at low ELO is the worst. Can’t convince the team to jump him so they just sit passives at choke and die. Fml

  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    and now i've entered the racist battletag, chat, and voice portion of my day. How did blizz even let someone make a battletag with "gook" in it?

    McMoogleH3Knuckles
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    and now i've entered the racist battletag, chat, and voice portion of my day. How did blizz even let someone make a battletag with "gook" in it?

    While i'm 99% confident you were in the right and they were being an asshat, gook is also a term to describe a sticky substance much like goop. So that would be their justification, albeit a stupid one.

    steam_sig.png
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    sanstodo wrote: »
    and now i've entered the racist battletag, chat, and voice portion of my day. How did blizz even let someone make a battletag with "gook" in it?

    While i'm 99% confident you were in the right and they were being an asshat, gook is also a term to describe a sticky substance much like goop. So that would be their justification, albeit a stupid one.

    not when they started calling me a gook

    soylenthH3Knuckles
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    McMoogle wrote: »
    sanstodo wrote: »
    and now i've entered the racist battletag, chat, and voice portion of my day. How did blizz even let someone make a battletag with "gook" in it?

    While i'm 99% confident you were in the right and they were being an asshat, gook is also a term to describe a sticky substance much like goop. So that would be their justification, albeit a stupid one.

    not when they started calling me a gook

    ok, yeah that's bad.

    steam_sig.png
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Cross posting from SE++

    Ok I had an idea for a hero concept that I think is pretty cool and I wanted to share.

    Tank

    Big hulking robot dude (maybe the Talon tank that we've been waiting on)

    Primary fire: Plasma Jet
    Short range energy beam (think big hot Zarya beam) with an overheat mechanic instead of reload (thanks whoever mentioned that in one of the OW threads). It comes out of his arm in some way.

    No quick melee, instead he has the Heavy Assault knock back melee. Bonus, if your plasma jet is overheated and waiting to cool down, the melee gains a burn DOT. Overheating obviously leaves you vulnerable but you get a little extra power to compensate and punish anyone trying to get in your face while you can't shoot. The melee is also good for knocking someone up and then burning them down with the plasma jet.

    Shift ability: Electromagnetic barrier
    Just big enough to cover him and prevent stuns from the front but also casts a field that is slightly larger that absorbs incoming attacks ala Defense Matrix but also holds them (think the magnet gun from District 9 that pulls in the bullets fired at it). It first absorbs damage up to a certain point and then takes barrier damage once that is exceeded. Once it is holding energy you can left or right click to disperse the held energy in a short range shock wave that does damage and knock back, or absorb it for barrier health.

    E ability: Scout drone
    Tosses a small drone into the air that flits around erraticly above a part of the battlefield and shows enemy positions that it can see. Can be destroyed.

    Ult: Eruption
    Target reticle is some distance ahead on the ground or even behind walls. When activated, he puts the plasma jet to the ground and fires which then blasts up out of the ground on the reticle. This can be used in conjunction with the scout drone to locate enemies behind cover and hit them.

    I don't know what the numbers on anything would be, I just thought it was a neat concept. I also thought of not allowing the ult to hit behind walls normally but having the scout drone augment the ult, allowing you a Meteor Strike style targeting reticle to strike anywhere in it's field of vision.

  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    edited May 9
    And now a reaper who did 6k dmg total over a match thinks that he was doing work. Just FML.

    Edit: followed by a widow who did less than 5k. What are these people doing?

    Double edit: and a soldier with less than 5k. I’m putting out huge stats as zen, outhealing my main healer and outdamaging my dps, but can’t buy a win because I can’t carry this much dead weight. So fucking frustrating.

    sanstodo on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Registered User regular
    Forget the 2/2/2 talk, stop putting six stacks against solos/1 duo! FFS it is absolutely infuriating when you get to/above platinum, especially higher plat, and I can guarantee no one on the six stack is going to leave the fucking game, which means another advantage in that they don't have to work around 5v6 or a new teammate being dropped into an already runny shitpile of a game. Especially when they put mostly bronze border solos against gold+ stacks. Blah blah average lower SR for a six stack, pffffft, means nothing unless it's at least 500SR less.

    JBKIomG.gif

    eb3XA8M.png
    H3KnucklesFencingsax
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    edited May 9
    Roe wrote: »
    This might happen if a bill passes. I like loot boxes myself, as long as they are not pay to win.

    I'm sort of torn on this. I don't think lootboxes are necessarily bad, but I do think that there are a lot of terrible implementations of the idea. It's like a narrow ridge-line with slippery slopes on either side, a lot of developers stray off the path and go rolling down hill, while others deliberately jump off the side into the gutter. I like living in a world where people with lots of money they are willing to splurge on a game they love are encouraged to effectively subsidize it for others less fortunate, as long as it isn't pay to win. Unfortunately far too many games compromise the quality of the experience to push microtransactions, or engage in predatory exploitation of their audience via other means.

    I think that trying to legislate over particular approaches is a fool's errand, and I think this bill's attempt to couch it as protecting kids like we do from casinos is empty rhetoric. Unlike casinos, which just need to control their physical premises (something they need to do anyways for other reasons), trying to age-restrict access to games is a significant burden. A law against selling them to minors is going to effectively be a law against selling them period (except for porn games). And that's not necessarily the wrong call, but I'd like people to be more upfront about the probability that given the nature of the subject and the myriad ways these things can be implemented, the only viable legislative options are most likely going to be zero tolerance (the fair implementations aren't worth allowing the toxic ones) or doing nothing (it's up to the consumers to vote with their dollars if they want the industry to stop abusive practices).

    H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    edited May 9
    Edit: whoops, double post.

    H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    played against somebody called "whitealright" who then posted "its alright to be white" in all chat

    ez report and im glad we absolutely clapped his team but ur just kinda like bro...

    obF2Wuw.png
    sanstodo
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    My first game on Havana I'm conscious that I haven't played since a few rounds of MH last week, so I go Zen on defense and we lose heartily.

    I was kinda' scared of Havana 'cause it seemed to me (and a lot of people were sayin') it's a very strong sniper map, and on Tracer getting across open ground to score picks can burn a lot of resources. It took a few games to get my footing, but it turns out there's nowhere they're sniping from that I can't get to, the flank routes are generous and just getting there and behind 'em is pretty fun. I got a nice 3k PotG, but the highlight of the evening was definitely this - just after a game where I really felt I got my mojo back.



    A huge part of success on Tracer is just attitude, for me. If I'm feelin' positive and kinda' kick-ass, I do very well and kinda' kick ass. After two more meetings, the Zen eventually just gave up and went Junk, and then Brig (still won).

    Yum.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    H3Knuckles
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited May 9
    Also re: all the terrible racist shit above:

    I'm glad there's no keyboard chat on PS4 >.< knowing how awful my enemies or teammates might be would really screw with me. Good on ya for reporting.

    Chance on
    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    Musicool
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    it followed a game where no matter what i did i couldnt help but accidentally kill the enemy teams lucio

    dude was cursed

    obF2Wuw.png
    H3KnucklesKwoaruChance
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    I've been on both platforms and I'll sacrifice the M in order to avoid all the nasty comments from jerks' and trolls' KBs. It's a fair trade.

    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

    hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    Chance
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    it followed a game where no matter what i did i couldnt help but accidentally kill the enemy teams lucio

    dude was cursed


    Idk where in the world you call home, surrealitycheck, but when you aim a weapon at something intending to kill it, pull the trigger repeatedly, kill the thing repeatedly, and then call it an accident?

    That's the most American thing I've ever heard.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    TDawg
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited May 9
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Forget the 2/2/2 talk, stop putting six stacks against solos/1 duo! FFS it is absolutely infuriating when you get to/above platinum, especially higher plat, and I can guarantee no one on the six stack is going to leave the fucking game, which means another advantage in that they don't have to work around 5v6 or a new teammate being dropped into an already runny shitpile of a game. Especially when they put mostly bronze border solos against gold+ stacks. Blah blah average lower SR for a six stack, pffffft, means nothing unless it's at least 500SR less.

    Along this line, they BADLY need to start taking player level into account. Total playtime isn't a definitive measure of skill, but dudes who haven't prestiged once (level <100) overwhelmingly tend to be the weakest players on a team. I swear 75% of my losses are when the <100 level teammates Insta-lock the dps (almost a guaranteed loss if they go high skill cap dps like McCree/Genji/Widow/Doom).

    All rankings being even, they need to balance out player levels during matchmaking. I know I can write a game off when I see there's three <100 players on my team while everyone on the other is 200+.

    MrBody on
    TexiKen
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    I know I can write a game off when I see there's three <100 players on my team while everyone on the other is 200+.

    I generally think "aw hot damn we got three smurfs."

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    Musicool
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited May 9
    Chance wrote: »
    MrBody wrote: »
    I know I can write a game off when I see there's three <100 players on my team while everyone on the other is 200+.

    I generally think "aw hot damn we got three smurfs."

    In my experience it's been a 90/10 potato/smurf split.

    Either way, an effort should be made to evenly distribute that rather than only looking at SR.

    MrBody on
    sanstodo
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited May 9
    Chance wrote: »
    MrBody wrote: »
    I know I can write a game off when I see there's three <100 players on my team while everyone on the other is 200+.

    I generally think "aw hot damn we got three smurfs."

    Yeah, and a smurf that may not have settled their SR yet with the playtime they have. :(

    I've mentioned before how I tracked smurfs over 10 games, and I confirmed or 95% confirmed 1 or more smurfs in 6 of my 10 PS4 matches. It was actually kinda disgusting. Idgaf about 'being held down', I just think it ruins the competitive integrity of the game to have a ringer or a "I don't really give a fuck because this is my alt" kind of player in 60% of your games.

    I should really get back to that little experiment, just to increase the sample size...

    Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

    hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited May 9
    My futile wishlist:

    - Ban premeds during placement matches
    - Balance by player level in addition to SR
    - Eliminate medals entirely

    MrBody on
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    I don't mind alts - there could be all kinds of reasons for it - but legit smurfs are one of those "ruining the game" things. It's only fun to play against a smurf when their skill is at least somewhat comparable to your own so you can stand a chance against them. I'm David and I don't mind throwing down with Goliath, as long as I've got a shot.

    If they're a frickin' Grandmaster Widow with mouse & keyboard? Yeah no. That's not fun for anyone.

    I don't really mind the potatoes, though. I love that new people are finding their way to Overwatch and yeah, it's a game that takes a ton of time to learn. I can't fault anyone for not instantly understanding what the ult callouts are or how exactly overtime works or that you can drop Mei's wall after you throw it up. Takes time - welcome aboard, glad to have ya.
    MrBody wrote: »
    My futile wishlist:

    - Ban premeds during placement matches

    What so like, six stacks? That seems cool - but I'd still like to duo placements with my brother.
    MrBody wrote: »
    - Balance by player level in addition to SR

    Ehhh you gotta' get to level 25 to even place, at which point the game has created your hidden MMR and kinda' knows where you should be, right? If people were balanced by level and SR instead of just SR, you'd see a lot more people who're in gold or plat 'cause of their low level that are, weirdly, playing like Grandmasters 'cause they're smurfs.
    MrBody wrote: »
    - Eliminate medals entirely

    No. I love my medals. Last night I had a 5-gold medals card on Zen (we lost handily) and an 87% fire MVP card on Tracer, and I love 'em. You can take these shiny meaningless trinkets from my cold dead hands!

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    The road to hell is paved with "but I have..." gold medals.

    sanstodo
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    The road to hell is paved with "but I have..." gold medals.

    I don't think I've ever said that to someone who wasn't my brother. I just like knowin' I'm doing relatively okay, and I like it when the cards system tells my team so.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    H3Knuckles
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    My futile wishlist:

    - Ban premeds during placement matches
    - Balance by player level in addition to SR
    - Eliminate medals entirely

    You got something against med students?

    In non-smartass news, I managed to get Havana last night for attack only. It was a hardfought battle which devolved into super bullshit when we got to the last point. Well, maybe just normal BS. I think they need to move the spawn point of all defense maps back a bit.

    I've also now seen my second level 5 commended teammate and played Havana 1 time and paris 3 times since the release of paris. Never on defense.

    steam_sig.png
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Idk about the third point spawn. It definitely feels a bit overwhelming at the moment on attack, but I also feel like every third point payload defender's spawn feels like bullshit at first ('cept maybe Numbani?) and we just gonna' learn it better.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • TexiKenTexiKen Registered User regular
    I've played Havana 5 times in a row on defense and only played attack once, really kind of sours my perception so far.

    But what I've seen is:

    -It's defense happy for the first and third points, but the second point is insanely easy for attack and more like a way to recharge your time for the final push, from the second point spawn just go straight and down the stairs on the left and you can sneak up easily on any enemy not camping directly above the checkpoint in the distillery.

    -that billboard on the first turn is a red herring, not really for Widow but for Sombra and Reaper to sit and wait to pounce.

    -there's way too much easy turret placement for Torb, especially defending the first turn, he can throw a turret way in the corner that has incredible line of sight and the cars don't really protect the attacking team so much as protect the turret. I know people won't accept it but I feel he's OP and he needs to have a nerf so that if Sombra hacks him the turret goes down too, or if he dies the turret is stunned for a second or two, really push the idea he and his turret are sharing from the same thing.

    -the fortress is kinda BS in how any flanking pushes you way to the right, and it is way to easy to spam junkrat and fire from that top left perch. Ideally they would make the idea of a Pharah boop be a deathknell up there but it has enough rubble to keep the defenders safe.

    These are ramblings subject to change.

    eb3XA8M.png
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Depends how daring you wanna' be on your flank. There's a small door under the high ground opening where snipers/McCrees/Junks will hang out that can get you behind the gate, and of course the low ground is a very generous route. You're out-of-sight of the attackers and there's a mega health pack (I think?) in the courtyard to the right before you even get into the main area of the castle.

    The map's got a ton of nice flanks. I dig it.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    it followed a game where no matter what i did i couldnt help but accidentally kill the enemy teams lucio

    dude was cursed


    Idk where in the world you call home, surrealitycheck, but when you aim a weapon at something intending to kill it, pull the trigger repeatedly, kill the thing repeatedly, and then call it an accident?

    That's the most American thing I've ever heard.

    happy little accident

    obF2Wuw.png
    Chance
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    Somebody made a Mercs vs Spies mode like in Splinter Cell: https://v.redd.it/jksxtv9wk7x21

    I hope Blizzard does some community highlight modes in matchmaking, or put Verified tag on the official versions of good mods and put them in the preset list.

    H3Knuckles
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I've played Havana 5 times in a row on defense and only played attack once, really kind of sours my perception so far.

    But what I've seen is:

    -It's defense happy for the first and third points, but the second point is insanely easy for attack and more like a way to recharge your time for the final push, from the second point spawn just go straight and down the stairs on the left and you can sneak up easily on any enemy not camping directly above the checkpoint in the distillery.

    -that billboard on the first turn is a red herring, not really for Widow but for Sombra and Reaper to sit and wait to pounce.

    -there's way too much easy turret placement for Torb, especially defending the first turn, he can throw a turret way in the corner that has incredible line of sight and the cars don't really protect the attacking team so much as protect the turret. I know people won't accept it but I feel he's OP and he needs to have a nerf so that if Sombra hacks him the turret goes down too, or if he dies the turret is stunned for a second or two, really push the idea he and his turret are sharing from the same thing.

    -the fortress is kinda BS in how any flanking pushes you way to the right, and it is way to easy to spam junkrat and fire from that top left perch. Ideally they would make the idea of a Pharah boop be a deathknell up there but it has enough rubble to keep the defenders safe.

    These are ramblings subject to change.

    I feel like 2nd point is the strongest point defensively. There's tons of cover and good high ground spots and the flanks are not too hard to monitor.

  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    I think something is broken with the Havana map. A LOT* of people were complaining they were stuck on Offense or Defense. I ran 4 O's in a row before going to 1 D and then back to offense.

  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    I think something is broken with the Havana map. A LOT* of people were complaining they were stuck on Offense or Defense. I ran 4 O's in a row before going to 1 D and then back to offense.

    My first night I had 5 defense runs in a row before it swapped me to offense for one round.

This discussion has been closed.