Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Overwatch] Workshop now included.

14849515354100

Posts

  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I've gotten both offense and defense fairly equally. I think I had defense twice in a row the first time I played but plenty of both since then.

  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

    obF2Wuw.png
    H3KnucklesMusicoolChance
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    Guys! I can track!

    Fo srs. I realised the other day that my 'tracking' was really just continuous flick-aim adjustments and that that was wrongbad. So I spent some hours with training bots and now I can track! I realised that while having the best Zarya game of my life and getting doubles and triples like crazy.

    And then our Widow dc'd on defence. :(

    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

    hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    SirToastyChanceH3Knuckles
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    I don't mind alts - there could be all kinds of reasons for it - but legit smurfs are one of those "ruining the game" things. It's only fun to play against a smurf when their skill is at least somewhat comparable to your own so you can stand a chance against them. I'm David and I don't mind throwing down with Goliath, as long as I've got a shot.

    If they're a frickin' Grandmaster Widow with mouse & keyboard? Yeah no. That's not fun for anyone.

    I don't really mind the potatoes, though. I love that new people are finding their way to Overwatch and yeah, it's a game that takes a ton of time to learn. I can't fault anyone for not instantly understanding what the ult callouts are or how exactly overtime works or that you can drop Mei's wall after you throw it up. Takes time - welcome aboard, glad to have ya.

    I would legitimately prefer having a potato on my team than a smurf, because I'd rather run the risk of losing SR than actively ruining the game for 6 other people on the other side all for a few shekel's worth of SR

    Smurfs and people who game the system like Silver-Plat duos in Gold bracket are responsible for some of the shittiest experiences

  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Whoah whoah. If I didn't Silver-plat duo I couldn't play with my brother :( and I love playin' with him after 10 years of listening to him try to get me into Battlefield.

    It's wonderful and I shan't give it up I just shan't

    But I agree re: potato Vs. Smurf teammate.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited May 10
    Musicool wrote: »
    Guys! I can track!

    Fo srs. I realised the other day that my 'tracking' was really just continuous flick-aim adjustments and that that was wrongbad. So I spent some hours with training bots and now I can track! I realised that while having the best Zarya game of my life and getting doubles and triples like crazy.

    And then our Widow dc'd on defence. :(

    But a good Zarya game is still one of Overwatch's awesomer feelings.

    Chance on
    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited May 10


    The concept of this video was so ridiculous that it went out the other side into hella fun.

    According to this, nearly every hero I've ever mained makes me a nice guy, except that my latest mains were Hammond and Doomfist (ish) and that means this game is turning me into an utter bastard. :P

    Where do you guys fit?

    Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

    hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    On the rare times I'm in team chat I'm usually super-positive. I just do callouts and when things look grim I'm basically just "we can totally do this."

    I'm certainly S-tier salty about the balance adjustment to my "ult."

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • KlatuKlatu Registered User regular
    Mei, Lucio, Orisa are my defaults. I'm having fun with Pharah lately and I got on fire a few nights ago as widow, while my wife was watching in disbelief.

    I'm usually chill in game, but off comms I have been known to be salty. It never makes it to game though, as it's never helpful in the long run.

    Oh, I just berated you for 5 mins straight about how awful a player you are, i'm sure now you'll improve after my rousing speech.

    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • TexiKenTexiKen Steeeve Perry Steeeeeeve PerryRegistered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »


    The concept of this video was so ridiculous that it went out the other side into hella fun.

    According to this, nearly every hero I've ever mained makes me a nice guy, except that my latest mains were Hammond and Doomfist (ish) and that means this game is turning me into an utter bastard. :P

    Where do you guys fit?

    They were surprisingly on point with a few, like Bridget infuriates me on the other team but a lot of people realize she's the play to win character on your team, like almost every backfill player will pick her when dropped in just to provide instant help to any situation they now find themselves in. I would never object to a McCree on my team, they at least realize their limits more as a DPS than those fucking Widows and Hamzos, the only thing that would infuriate me with a non-me McCree on my team would be if they don't fucking take care of Pharah.


    This would be my Brittney Spears Toxic list based on console experience:

    S tier: Widow, Hamzo, Naruto, Doomfist
    A tier: 76, Ana, Mei, Reaper, Reinhardt
    B tier: Symmetra, Roadhog, Richard Hammond, Tracer, Zarya, Bastion, Pharah
    C tier: McCree, Ashe, Moira, Baptiste, Zenyatta, Sombra, Winston
    D tier: Lucio, Bridget, Junkrat, Torb
    F tier: Mercy, Orissa, DvA


    Reinhardt and Ana are those characters who swing wildly like with Widow, feast or famine, but at least provide some immediate support to a team compared to Frenchy Frenchlady. 76 players are the most fake skill biggest ego DPS players outside KBAM Narutos on console, and Mei's down there just because assholes ice walling their own team when they have a sad.

    HAB3pqF.png
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades 地獄のようにかわいい あなたは嫉妬深いかRegistered User regular
    edited May 10
    In my experience Widow is a toxicity mirror, and usually they only get toxic when the team is being toxic to them.

    When I pick 2 supports and a DPS before we even engage and we still lose the teamfight, a lot of times I’ll get the whole “WIDOW YOU ARE THROWING SWITCH OFF” thing and I have to suppress the urge to reach through my monitor and throttle people.

    OTOH when Widow gets occasional heals and support and the team follows up on their picks they are the friendliest fuckers around.

    joshofalltrades on
    ジェイムズ・ブラウンの好きな色は何ですか?
    青!
    Chance
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 10
    i had like 10 games in a row with people complaining about junkrat yesterday and i legit understand why every single high level junkrat player has chat and voice turned off

    its like a fucking brain virus people are so fucking bad at understanding the game they literally cannot conceive of the idea that you can lose a team fight because you misplayed rather than "WE HAVE THE WRONG TEAM COMP"

    oh we all got grav comboed except junkrat who killed two people? fuck thats junkrats fault if only we had a diff dps we wouldn't have been out of position there bois

    the other extremely stupid complaint you get is zarya charge which is some truly moronic shit (zarya will be at full charge literally always if she isnt dying and she has 2 brain cells because of how her shields work - a high charge zarya is not some special feature of junkrat, its a feature of you NOT KILLING THE FUCKING ZARYA)

    i actually broke omerta and kind of yelled at one particular team because they were being so stupid and i literally NEVER talk usually, it really gets to you after a while. overwatch is a complex game with a lot of moving parts so its much easier to judge why you are winning or losing by simple rules "oh junkrat is a bad hero so if we lose thats the problem" rather than going "oh what actually happened?". the funniest thing is that people dont seem to understand that with two teams of equal comp and skill you still lose 50% of the time

    surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    joshofalltradesMusicoolsanstodoBRIAN BLESSEDH3Knuckles
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited May 10
    Moira should be up on that list. If you're going to get a toxic support, it's going to be dps Moira.

    Pretty much all the sniper Ana players switched over to dps Moira.

    MrBody on
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Every Mei is automatically the most toxic. In chat, they could be the nicest person you've ever met, but they still chose to play as the devil.

    9MpLNPA.jpg
    Steam: MightyPotatoKing/King of the Impossible - Battle.net: PotatoKing#1893
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Every Mei is automatically the most toxic. In chat, they could be the nicest person you've ever met, but they still chose to play as the devil.

    Sorry, sorry, sorry. I was only trying to help.

    steam_sig.png
    MusicoolTim is on the InternetsurrealitycheckPailrydermightyjongyoKanaH3KnucklesFrem
  • Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    i had like 10 games in a row with people complaining about junkrat yesterday and i legit understand why every single high level junkrat player has chat and voice turned off

    its like a fucking brain virus people are so fucking bad at understanding the game they literally cannot conceive of the idea that you can lose a team fight because you misplayed rather than "WE HAVE THE WRONG TEAM COMP"

    oh we all got grav comboed except junkrat who killed two people? fuck thats junkrats fault if only we had a diff dps we wouldn't have been out of position there bois

    the other extremely stupid complaint you get is zarya charge which is some truly moronic shit (zarya will be at full charge literally always if she isnt dying and she has 2 brain cells because of how her shields work - a high charge zarya is not some special feature of junkrat, its a feature of you NOT KILLING THE FUCKING ZARYA)

    i actually broke omerta and kind of yelled at one particular team because they were being so stupid and i literally NEVER talk usually, it really gets to you after a while. overwatch is a complex game with a lot of moving parts so its much easier to judge why you are winning or losing by simple rules "oh junkrat is a bad hero so if we lose thats the problem" rather than going "oh what actually happened?". the funniest thing is that people dont seem to understand that with two teams of equal comp and skill you still lose 50% of the time

    There is a reason I don't play Mei in comp. I don't think I've ever picked her and not had the team be toxic about it and throw.

  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    A teammate who renders enemy players immobile for the single perfect second it takes to put a pair of pulse pistols to their head and hear that brrrring!

    I have never had a problem with a (non-thrower) Mei on my team. I've met a handful who'll like troll their team and intentionally screw us with the wall - that happens - but when a Mei is trying and you're workin' with her it's ridiculous.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    PailryderH3Knuckles
  • madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    edited May 10
    Pharah main here, and the recipient of endless flaming for BAD COMP SWITCH MORON THEY ALL HITSCAN THEY COUNTERING YOU

    doesn't matter if I only have 3 deaths and all the DPS golds
    doesn't matter if I know how to deal with hitscan and use cover and take advantage of my lack of falloff and make it impossible for them to walk through doors without getting a rocket to the face
    doesn't matter how many times I booped the rein/orisa out of shield position
    doesn't matter if I'm always the last one to die in a teamfight cause i'm all but immune to grav/tire/blizzard/self destruct
    doesn't matter that our healers don't know how to look up

    if they have but one lousy mccree then it's my fault we lost

    madparrot on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Brutal J wrote: »
    i had like 10 games in a row with people complaining about junkrat yesterday and i legit understand why every single high level junkrat player has chat and voice turned off

    its like a fucking brain virus people are so fucking bad at understanding the game they literally cannot conceive of the idea that you can lose a team fight because you misplayed rather than "WE HAVE THE WRONG TEAM COMP"

    oh we all got grav comboed except junkrat who killed two people? fuck thats junkrats fault if only we had a diff dps we wouldn't have been out of position there bois

    the other extremely stupid complaint you get is zarya charge which is some truly moronic shit (zarya will be at full charge literally always if she isnt dying and she has 2 brain cells because of how her shields work - a high charge zarya is not some special feature of junkrat, its a feature of you NOT KILLING THE FUCKING ZARYA)

    i actually broke omerta and kind of yelled at one particular team because they were being so stupid and i literally NEVER talk usually, it really gets to you after a while. overwatch is a complex game with a lot of moving parts so its much easier to judge why you are winning or losing by simple rules "oh junkrat is a bad hero so if we lose thats the problem" rather than going "oh what actually happened?". the funniest thing is that people dont seem to understand that with two teams of equal comp and skill you still lose 50% of the time

    There is a reason I don't play Mei in comp. I don't think I've ever picked her and not had the team be toxic about it and throw.

    tbh im always happy to see a mei, mei is my fave hero to see on my team because i know shes going to be tilting the shit out of the enemy team

    shes my girl

    obF2Wuw.png
    McMoogleChancePailryderH3Knuckles
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    madparrot wrote: »
    Pharah main here, and the recipient of endless flaming for BAD COMP SWITCH MORON THEY ALL HITSCAN THEY COUNTERING YOU

    doesn't matter if I only have 3 deaths and all the DPS golds
    doesn't matter if I know how to deal with hitscan and use cover and take advantage of my lack of falloff and make it impossible for them to walk through doors without getting a rocket to the face
    doesn't matter how many times I booped the rein/orisa out of shield position
    doesn't matter if I'm always the last one to die in a teamfight cause i'm all but immune to grav/tire/blizzard/self destruct
    doesn't matter that our healers don't know how to look up

    if they have but one lousy mccree then it's my fault we lost

    As long as you're swapping it's fine

    I just had a pharah teammate who managed to put out less than 4.5k dmg over an entire game. He ulted once, into a dva, killing himself.

  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    edited May 10
    The lower I fall, the less capable my teammates are of doing literally anything. I had a Dva who was getting demeched constantly because she would dive alone into the entire enemy team, then run away to pistol for 30 seconds before doing another suicide dive. We asked him to, instead, dive the soldier with my support, but instead he ran into the reaper over and over.

    Dear god.

    Edit: and yet another game where I play Winston/Dva and get gold dmg while terrorizing their back line, but my dps managed to do less than I did in dmg (a bit over 11k) combined. How the fuck am I supposed to win in that situation?

    sanstodo on
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    I have now seen a game in which a player never managed to build ult during an entire round. I had a rein who built ult charge at the passive rate, and we lost night market when he was at 87%.

  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    really good meis are a nightmare for me. the worst is when they wall off my escape behind me and I don't notice until I'm nearly frozen.

  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    So my team starts hanamura defense with winston and zen out in front of the choke, on the top right platform. Winston puts down a bubble at start then jumps away, leaving zen alone to die. Winston stands in the choke and gets melted immediately because he has no cooldowns.

    How in god's name am I supposed to win a game like that? Please, blizz, tell me how to "play as a team" and win when my teammates ignore all shot calling and pull similar shit in over half my matches.

  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    So my team starts hanamura defense with winston and zen out in front of the choke, on the top right platform. Winston puts down a bubble at start then jumps away, leaving zen alone to die. Winston stands in the choke and gets melted immediately because he has no cooldowns.

    How in god's name am I supposed to win a game like that? Please, blizz, tell me how to "play as a team" and win when my teammates ignore all shot calling and pull similar shit in over half my matches.

    Play with 5 people you know will play as a team. I'd suggest grabbing people from here or the lfg function.

    steam_sig.png
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    edited May 11
    McMoogle wrote: »
    sanstodo wrote: »
    So my team starts hanamura defense with winston and zen out in front of the choke, on the top right platform. Winston puts down a bubble at start then jumps away, leaving zen alone to die. Winston stands in the choke and gets melted immediately because he has no cooldowns.

    How in god's name am I supposed to win a game like that? Please, blizz, tell me how to "play as a team" and win when my teammates ignore all shot calling and pull similar shit in over half my matches.

    Play with 5 people you know will play as a team. I'd suggest grabbing people from here or the lfg function.

    My SR is now too low to team with people here, generally. I've dropped over 1k SR because of this shit.

    Plus, my playing time is generally kinda random because of my work schedule. Hard to predict. All of the QoL changes Blizz has made haven't fixed jack shit, imho

    sanstodo on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited May 11
    Musicool wrote: »


    The concept of this video was so ridiculous that it went out the other side into hella fun.

    According to this, nearly every hero I've ever mained makes me a nice guy, except that my latest mains were Hammond and Doomfist (ish) and that means this game is turning me into an utter bastard. :P

    Where do you guys fit?

    I play almost every character in the game to some degree except snipers...but I would say I have the most playtime on Reinhardt and Lucio.

    They were spot on in both cases.

    When I play Rein, am I constantly on tilt from my teammates not following any of my pushes and being CC'd to death? Yes, yes I am. But it is the life I've accepted as main tank.

    And when I play Lucio, I'm just here to have a good time...do some wallriding, maybe boop a few people. It's all good.

    Dragkonias on
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I've played enough meaningful hours of Junkrat to barely count on both hands and I've never felt I had problems about feeding a Zarya bubble because I'm not a flaming idiot who indiscrimately spams fire into nothing for no reason with no though for what exactly might be over there with what on cooldown

  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited May 11
    I've played enough meaningful hours of Junkrat to barely count on both hands and I've never felt I had problems about feeding a Zarya bubble because I'm not a flaming idiot who indiscrimately spams fire into nothing for no reason with no though for what exactly might be over there with what on cooldown

    If you're shooting with the intention of hitting an enemy, the Zarya will walk into your grenades and get charge.

    Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

    hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »
    I've played enough meaningful hours of Junkrat to barely count on both hands and I've never felt I had problems about feeding a Zarya bubble because I'm not a flaming idiot who indiscrimately spams fire into nothing for no reason with no though for what exactly might be over there with what on cooldown

    If you're shooting with the intention of hitting an enemy, the Zarya will walk into your grenades and get charge.

    A good zarya will try but then you just...stop shooting that exact spot for 2 seconds same as everbody else does

    2x39jD4.jpg
    BRIAN BLESSED
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    zarya charge just isnt a concern

    any good zarya will be at full charge after 30seconds of engagement no matter what heroes you have especially if shes coordinating with rein

    its trivial to do and not something you can do anything about, high charge zarya = a zarya who hasnt died, not anything else

    obF2Wuw.png
    DevoutlyApatheticmiscellaneousinsanityMusicool
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I'll also note this: a Zarya (even coordinating with your team) who is deliberately feeding off of Junkrat's grenades (or any damage) is a Zarya that doesn't have her barriers when people on her team are actually under fire. For Zarya, charge is a happy side-effect of the survival value her barriers provide, and if she's trading those barriers for charge deliberately she's setting either herself or her team up to die.

    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    SirToastyDevoutlyApatheticmightyjongyomiscellaneousinsanity
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Musicool wrote: »
    I've played enough meaningful hours of Junkrat to barely count on both hands and I've never felt I had problems about feeding a Zarya bubble because I'm not a flaming idiot who indiscrimately spams fire into nothing for no reason with no though for what exactly might be over there with what on cooldown

    If you're shooting with the intention of hitting an enemy, the Zarya will walk into your grenades and get charge.

    A good zarya will try but then you just...stop shooting that exact spot for 2 seconds same as everbody else does

    A good Zarya will have gotten the charge before you could think about not shooting that spot.

  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    Yeah. Playing Junkrat you pretty much have to accept that any decent Zarya is gonna be full charge all the time against you.

    That said she isn't a hard counter persay so it is more of an annoyance than something you have to actively avoid.

    Musicool
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    if i was playing against a zarya i would simply never shoot at her, thus denying her of charge

  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    I mean you have to shoot at something eventually or you're not doing much of anything.

    SirToasty
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited May 11
    Kupi wrote: »
    I'll also note this: a Zarya (even coordinating with your team) who is deliberately feeding off of Junkrat's grenades (or any damage) is a Zarya that doesn't have her barriers when people on her team are actually under fire. For Zarya, charge is a happy side-effect of the survival value her barriers provide, and if she's trading those barriers for charge deliberately she's setting either herself or her team up to die.

    This is exactly it. A good Zarya will only be using her bubbles to try and gain charge in the poke phase, before a team fight has really started. And yes, at this point you should definitely avoid shooting the bubbles. But once the teams are committed, she should only be using bubble to either go aggressive and try to secure a kill, to save herself long enough to get to safety, or to protect an ally from incoming spike damage. In those cases, you either won't be able to avoid shooting the bubble because the Zarya timed it well or you should shoot the bubble because 2 seconds of complete safety to either attack or retreat is a lifetime for some characters.

    Houk the Namebringer on
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I mean you have to shoot at something eventually or you're not doing much of anything.

    I dont think thats how junkrat works.

    steam_sig.png
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited May 11
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I mean you have to shoot at something eventually or you're not doing much of anything.
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Zarya is not viable in high SR games (2500+). High SR players know not to shoot the bubble.

    I think at some point this was true but high level Zaryas get charge whether the enemy is trying to or not. Particularly in 3-3, getting charge is pretty easy. Bubble Rein when he swings at the other Rein when the other team has to shoot at him. There is something to be said for applying that constant pressure instead of trying to feather the trigger to avoid the bubble.

    Pretty sure misc is just quoting a classic copy-pasta meme.

    still memein' over here

    miscellaneousinsanity on
    SirToasty
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 11
    i have not lost a game to a team with pharah on it this season

    cos people only rage pick her when losing

    but also



    sometimes it feels correct

    surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    ChanceH3Knuckles
This discussion has been closed.