As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] Workshop now included.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    What the hell prestige level are these? How did 2 that weren't premade end up in the same gold level match? and honest to god why are they on the same team since they don't factor this stuff into matchmaking?

k470lta4k3vu.jpg
    cqjra6xu1ugn.jpg

• Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    It's just game time, not a measure of skill.

They've spent over 2900 hours (120 days!) playing, but aren't any better than other golds at their match.
    Why should the matchmaker care?

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Them being on the same team doesn't really matter, they're still Gold SR.

But that one is level 2941 I think? I don't think there is a border above that yet.

• Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    Yeah. That's about 3 hours each day since the game was launched.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I just had a game where I hit 57 sleep darts. I'm sad to say there is apparently no card for sleep darts.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Yilias wrote: »
    I just had a game where I hit 57 sleep darts. I'm sad to say there is apparently no card for sleep darts.

I feel for their Reinhardt.

It was a Reinhardt right?

Of course it was a Reinhardt.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »

Why? He undoubtedly got more sleep than I do.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular

Yesterday in QP the enemy team had a doom and hammond that kept trying to sneak behind on volskya. i was playing brig and we had a mcree and ana. they'd dive, get slept, bashed, flashed, and die, and reset. it was almost sad.

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I would play a game mode where everybody received a certain amount of points to customize their character before the game starts.

Oh shit wait that’s just Paladins.

Ah, ha, i haven't played paladins

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    You pick "cards" which give you small boosts like "move faster" or "receive more healing" or "damage over time does a little more" or "more damage to shields". I like the concept but paladins has other issues. it's not a terrible f2p game though.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    On one hand that'd be cool. On the other I never wanna meet a Rein with like double barrier HP or faster swing speed or somethin'.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    On one hand that'd be cool. On the other I never wanna meet a Rein with like double barrier HP or faster swing speed or somethin'.

it might be neat if every mod had a negative to go with each positive. extra HP, but your ult builds slower or your shield is smaller or something

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Faster ult build but the voice actor is replaced by Jeff.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    “Hi, I’m Jeff from the overwatch team. My ultimate is nearly ready.”

I’d give Blizzard real cash money for that.

• Options
    The idea of Jeff reading Reaper's or Mercy's lines is pretty entertaining.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I wonder if the workshop could implement a character ban system

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I've been moving away from the 2-2-2 party and more towards the hero ban party, I like their "go to hell Widow and Naruto" policies more and more. Unless they ban KBAM on console it's the only way you could maybe make that high plat/diamond area not so much of a salt maker.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Oh wait, it would be more like,

“Hi, I’m Jeff from the Overwatch team and I have some really great and interesting news to reveal to you today. But first I need to discuss the toxicity that is present in our current team. We need to work together to make this a fun environment for everyone. And with that commitment to excellence, I and the whole overwatch team will do what we need to in order for this all DPS team to be victorious in our Silver placements. And with that, I’d like to announce the newest addition to the Overwatch family, my ultimate is nearly ready.”

• Options
    SyzygySyzygy Registered User regular
    I kinda wish the skins would change the way characters play.

Hogs new Toxic Skin looks awesome but I am constantly blueballed by the fact that he doesn't shoot slime or slime balls at people.

• Options
    Y'all need to post more clips.

Just sayin'. I'd watch 'em. ^.^

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019

after getting banned i decayed to 3500 and had a few meme games so here we are

https://youtu.be/SSSBFT13798

drama suspense etc

(soldier gets his ult cancelled, rage switches pharah, tries to spawnkill somebody but takes a bit of damage, i spam the medkit location and he runs into it like a bot)

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

I had so many good clips this week. I should have posted at least one of my brig and hog clips. Some truly wonderful moments.

Also, last night with Orisa. We lost the match, but I had 4 gold medals, 20k damage blocked, 25 elims, 12 objective elims, 10k hero damage and time on objective. so I feel like I pulled my weight.

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I've been moving away from the 2-2-2 party and more towards the hero ban party, I like their "go to hell Widow and Naruto" policies more and more. Unless they ban KBAM on console it's the only way you could maybe make that high plat/diamond area not so much of a salt maker.

Yeah it was weird how the community went radio silent on ban systems and just quietly agreed to go with 222 instead. The only convincing explanation I've heard is that Jayne's protect/ban tournie convinced everyone it doesn't work but there's a handful of good reasons why that tournie doesn't prove shit about a ban system.

:/

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/fsUX0lLbOfU

there u go chance some dumb shit

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    oh my god that Mei had to be so tilted after that lol

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    sadly i lost my current crop of highlights cos there was a patch today

so here's one from just now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxAQObMqh2g

(the pause in the middle is me manually saving that first boop)

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    A Roadhog I met over the weekend. Y'know those games where you have one Zen healing and nobody's peeling for him so you as tank get like no heals and the enemy DPS just gets to freely wail on you? That's what this Roadhog was dealing with, while we had the luxury of a Lucio and a Zen. So we full-held the first point on Junkertown.

https://youtu.be/d7E8hCGOJ9I

Shoutout to my Ham for body-blockin' at a crucial moment, and for the record, the long sequence that goes Ashe pick, long-bomb stick onto the Roadhog into the melee kill, Tracer one-clip, Widow pick for a triple (somehow), Hammind pick, Tracer one-clip? The PotG was the long-bomb up to the Widow pick, but the PotG itself somehow messed up and while the melee shows in the kill feed the animation doesn't appear.

Edit: I was amazed that I made that stick.

Chance on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    i already have the normal dva nendoroid but i'm not sure if i can resist...

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    How does she fit into the mech?

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Well, we have a woman with a handheld device that lets her move through time and space (Sombra's teleporter), another with a stick that emits a healing beam that tethers to a target, a guy who can heal you with music, multiple people who can create miniature gravity wells, and whatever the hell makes the Shimada brothers' ultimate abilities work. I'd say we're pretty firmly in "sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" territory. Either she shrinks, or the meka grows.

Alternatively,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZNVcKWXDrY

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options

How old are they josh? :P

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options

13, 11, 7, and 8 months

• Options

13, 11, 7, and 8 months

I feel your pain. Adulting sucks balls.

But on the bright side I got a card last night for 17 solo kills (out of 41 elims total) in a pretty rough 3-round KotH match that ended up as a loss. Not bad!

• Options
    edited June 2019
    So file this under nice and then a little weird.

I'm in a lobby for a few games and I get this message. There's always an anxious moment when someone adds you to a group on PSN before the message pops because y'never know, could be hate mail - but it's this!
    hozaywzq0w1x.jpg

Which was nice! Then, he - and I didn't know this was a thing - sends me a voice message. Not of his team being driven crazy, but like a... he recorded himself declaring that "you are an extremely good Tracer" and the best player on my team.

Which was weird. But still kinda nice. But also weird.

Ed; also

Chance on
  • Options

Nice. Might get that new Hog skin after all.

• Options
    I finally got mei to complete the collection. so good. I've had some very bad games and very good games recently, but the good games are more solid all-around performances than good highlight material. Like I had a Zarya MH round of koth where I was full charge constantly and got 2 gravs off for team wipes but the actual highlight clip for that was a snooze. I might have to bust the ps4 editor out again and paste some of them together.

In other news, I can get grumpy on serious solo queue losing streaks, but overall I still love the hell out of this game.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    More rumors for Blizzcon, Jason Schraier claims that an SC2 FPS was cancelled in favor of Overwatch 2. Even the Blizzard statement seems to basically confirm it: https://kotaku.com/sources-blizzard-cancels-starcraft-first-person-shoote-1835285125

Not much detail on OW2 except to say that it features a greater emphasis on L4D-style PvE. I'm really interested to see how they make that work better than it has in the events so far. My bet: core Overwatch remains what it is today and supports cross-play with OW2. But OW2 adds a full PvE mode with overhauled gameplay, maybe some other modes as well. I think they'll have to figure out a way to get progression and gear in there - for instance, maybe the characters get standardized a bit with less powerful skills but a lot of customization in their loadouts. Something like Apex Legend's approach to class design.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I just want two things in OW2:
    1) My American McCree skin to still be there (and Bikinimaker)
    2) ban KBAM on console this time

Also OWL started up again, revel at just slightly different goats for one map only!

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

I have that dvd

This discussion has been closed.