Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Overwatch] Workshop now included.

17172747677100

Posts

  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I feel like the solution to balance problems in overwatch is always just add more heroes

    If the meta is getting stagnant faster than heroes are being added then add heroes faster, but only if its actually getting stagnant, not just if every stream watcher and wanna be GM saying its boring

    Like Brig was a great solution to dive, way better then just deleting tracer or genji or giving them huge reworks

    This does have the problem of making the character forcing you off your comfortable meta pick a locus for hatred in the community.

    H3Knuckles
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    Isn't Brigitte considered fairly underpowered outside of well-organized GOATS?

    I don't get why she's still loathed. Is it purely because she counters popular DPS that her hate is so disproportionate?

    I think it's because of the way Overwatch heroes play so differently and uniquely from each other. On a casual level if you have players who love playing like that specifically, they're going to resent the character who seems explicitly designed to stop them from playing that way

    I see Lucio players constantly getting upset at Sombra players when they now can't just infinitely wallride with reckless abandon

  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    edited July 4
    It's honestly a little weird to me that Sombra's hack prevents wallriding.

    Can Genji and Hanzo still clamber up walls while hacked?

    H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited July 4
    Pretty sure it shuts those down too

    It was a relatively recent change made to give her hack more viable to more targets, though honestly stopping Genji from being able to Reflect things or dash away is honestly quite a death sentence for him as it is already

    BRIAN BLESSED on
    Chance
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    Well, at least it's consistent then.

    But yeah, I'd have thought losing his auras would be enough of a handicap for Lucio, just like what you point out about how it affects Genji.

    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    I think it's pretty much a rule that when you're hacked the only thing you can do is walk and shoot/reload.

    ChanceTDawg
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i look forward to more close range characters, like maybe an echo version of doomfist that has a one two punch combo and not near the vertical, just running like soldier.

  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    i look forward to more close range characters, like maybe an echo version of doomfist that has a one two punch combo and not near the vertical, just running like soldier.


    DISPATCH FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF BAD IDEAS - Sapper

    When you guys were talkin' about an anti-barrier character the other day I imagined a sapper-type character. Small - maybe 130% the size of Torb - who has a standard jump height 3x higher than the other heroes (not enough to get to high ground, but enough to comfortably vault a Rein), 250 HP - and short-lived barrier. The barrier has a long cooldown and would be a half-sphere, only protecting the hero from the front, it would only have 300HP and last about 4 seconds... unless they could sap an enemy barrier.

    Because so few heroes in the game actually have barriers, the hero could also sap any hero with shield HP (Zarya, Zen, Sym) and execute a sap on armor. The sap works like this: A GA/Nano-style reticle pops on enemies, and once the hero is within 5 meters they can hit the button and will be motionless for 1.0 seconds as they perform what can only be described as an ecstatic voodoo witch doctor dance - at which point the hero's barrier HP is removed entirely. The Sap Dance can be executed while airborne or mid-leap (more on that later). It is effective through barriers and through Zarya bubbles. Sym drops to 100HP, Zen drops to 50, Winston drops to 400 (unless his barrier is out) and Rein's barrier just shatters. Sapper's barrier's health, meanwhile, increases by 500HP for a further five seconds regardless of its current life span (unless it's already been shattered).

    Sap is on an 8-second cooldown.

    To get in close, Sapper has one mobility skill - a long-range leap that is rather like Winston's, but it's on a 10-second cooldown. So how does Sapper get out after busting the shield? With Leech. The Sapper holds out a shaky palm, fingers splayed wide and draws life from their victim.

    Leech functions similarly to Moira's Life Suck in terms of execution - it's a generous hurtbox, but not a lock-on - but it causes a low 50 damage, can only be executed within 6 meters, and the 50 damage and Leech effect only occur after 1.0 second of maintaining the skill. Once executed, the damage is received, the target's E skill has its full cooldown actiavted and one charge is added to Sapper's leap. The charge remains for 12 seconds, and while Sapper can have 2 leeched charges, they can never have more than one natural-cooldown charge. The second charge can only ever come from leech. Leech is a on a 6 second cooldown.

    Primary fire : Sapper spins in a jaunty pirouette and drops 4 small grenades on the ground at each corner of their model's hitbox - a very small radius. Takes 1 second to execute, can be executed while airborne, and the higher Sapper is the further the grenades will spread. Each grenade deals 25 damage in a small (1-meter) AoE for a single-target max of 100DPS, with luck.

    Sapper's ult is Overload - an AoE detonation of their Sap's potential, Overload infects any target with a deployable barrier or shield - Sym, Rein, Orisa, Ham, Winston, Brig and Zarya. For the next 12 seconds, if that hero deploys a shield (or if they have one currently deployed), that barrier/bubble/wall will detonate in a dazzling explosion of barrier energy for 100% of its current HP. Rein's shield will instantly kill him and anyone nearby if he brings it up, Sym's barrier will deal 5,000 damage to any allies nearby, Brig's will one-shot her, et cetera - but it can be avoided by just not bringing up or deploying a shield.

    I also like the idea of giving them a 50-damage melee.

    So the basic idea of Sapper's playstyle is they come screaming out of the sky, carpet-bombing an enemy team for middling damage and then poof the Rein's shield disappears. Sapper uses their 3x normal jump height to Genji juke follow up fire, desperately trying to land a Leech while holding down M1 and with luck they can fling themselves to safety before the Sapped barrier drops, having softened up the frontline with their cluster grenades.

    Sapper functions as a disruptor - a hybrid of tank and DPS designed to sow confusion and discord in the enemy frontline. They steal barriers and terrify frontliners by yoinking away their E abilities, and can turn a team's greatest asset into their doom.

    Sapper. Crazy tech-voodoo dancing queen.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    Pailryder
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    *sulks* y'all need to post s'more clips.

    I'mma' post a clip tonight. I think.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    H3Knuckles
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    edited July 4
    I don't think anyone wants to see my clips. Also, I'd have to relearn how to upload them to YouTube such that they're only visible to where I post the link.

    H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I don't think anyone wants to see my clips. Also, I'd have to relearn how to upload them to YouTube such that they're only visible to where I post the link.

    just select "unlisted" from the dropdown thats on the page when you upload any vid - thats all!

    im in new zealand so got nothin new so u can have an old one

    obF2Wuw.png
    H3KnucklesChance
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I don't think anyone wants to see my clips.

    That's not true.
    just select "unlisted" from the dropdown thats on the page when you upload any vid - thats all!

    That is true. Failing that
    go to the YouTube desktop site. If you're on a cell, just go to YouTube.com and force it to view the desktop site. Click on your avatar icon in the top right, select YouTube Studio (beta). Select the "videos" at the far left, and find the video in the list you want to edit. In the column the right of the video thumbnail you can edit its visibility.

    I find my time so precious I actually use the YouTube Studio app. It's actually super easygoing.

    And

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    H3Knucklesmightyjongyo
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    also here u go chance a couple of oldies just for u with tracers having a bad time



    obF2Wuw.png
    ChanceH3Knuckles
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited July 5
    I uh don't really have anything of value in my playlist, just a half-assed recording from 2018, a lump of dogshit and some lint (or is it all the same thing)



    Enjoy..?

    BRIAN BLESSED on
    Chancemightyjongyo
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    I did ^.^ shot caller indeed.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    when your boop game is on point

    mightyjongyoChance
  • TexiKenTexiKen Registered User regular
    two skins desperately needed for the summer games:

    -Ana Oakley

    -Pharah Fawcett

    that is all.

    eb3XA8M.png
    ChanceBRIAN BLESSEDH3KnucklesBloodySloth
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    bubs, sometimes you gotta do it all

    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

    Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    Chance
  • mightyjongyomightyjongyo Registered User regular
    Hm yeah I guess I can add to the clippage, here's two old potgs --

    An old reinhardt clip, I've yet to reproduce these kinds of results:


    Sadly, this also never works anymore since people know how to play the bridge on Rialto now:

    Chance
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    madparrot wrote: »
    when your boop game is on point




    I have more but I have to upload them

    ChancemightyjongyoBRIAN BLESSED
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Hm yeah I guess I can add to the clippage, here's two old potgs --

    An old reinhardt clip, I've yet to reproduce these kinds of results:


    Sadly, this also never works anymore since people know how to play the bridge on Rialto now:

    That Rein clip - so good!

    I sometimes wish I could go back and play Overwatch at launch with my current knowledge. There's so much you can't get away with any more that was par for the course in year 1.

    'Course back then Pulse Bomb could one-shot a Zarya and I was a much, much, much worse player, but still. Good times.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    man, if i could play release brig with the knowledge i have know

    it would be glorious

  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited July 6
    An unholy beast.

    Though much as I look back at launch Brig as totally bloody OP, I recall at the time just goin' straight for her over and over, learning the rhythm of fighting her and being frustrated with having so much trouble, but open to the work it would take to understand her.
    (The answer remains to this day:
    • Come at her from behind with a solid clip to the head or
    • Pulse Bomb or
    • pull her attention so your team shoots her in the back or
    • go for her after your team has softened her to 50% and finish the job.
    I was okay with it, at the time - and it never dampened my enthusiasm for Tracer. But now that I think of it, I do recall proclaiming shield bash's cooldown to be "stupid short."

    And it was. It was. And than stunlock combo was some Tracist bullshit.

    Chance on
    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    brig is definitely one that when i see (in qp) i hope that my team is watching as i turn her around to kill me

    Chance
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited July 6


    A smart guy who I don't always agree with arguing that multi dps comp is an essential part of the new circle of counters. Or at least square of counters. Because before then it was triangle. And before we discovered dive it was a point. The Rein meta point.

    Force 2/2/2 and the circle breaks. Congrats, you're now balancing a triangle. If a triangle is what you want then fine. Triangles are very easy to balance in physics and that's why they're so common in buildings and bridges and such. They're stable. They don't move. They're boring.

    And I don't want boring when I play a game. Balance the circle - or do your best and I'll understand - because I play games to be interested. If I wanted to be bored I wouldn't play games. I'd watch a fucking building and say "my how well balanced that is!"

    Also, his discussion about how Goats overpowers BUnker - which as a Rein comp means, strictly speaking, that shouldn't happen - well, at first I was like "this just proves me right that Rein is the REAL problem!" And then I realised, no, it proves me wrong there, maybe, but it proves right that the only way we can break loose of "this comp beats that comp" and start having a better game of nuanced questions about specific hero picks and playstyles is by maintaining the freedom to make any comp possible. If just having a Reinhardt meant you couldn't beat an Orisa bunker that would be its own kind of bullshit. That would mean there are 12 human beings wasting their time on the two player game of rock-paper-scissors. But adding Goats to the mix adds nuance. It means there's also questions for the bunker: where should we set up in case they switch from 2/2/2 Rein deathball into full on Goats? And what if they fully switch to multi-dps, which is another counter to our comp?

    Fun questions. But if we lock this game in place now - just say "hey we've decided how this game should work from here until the end of time" - we're never going to discover the fifth team comp that makes the pentagon. Or the hero that supercharges dive so that it beats goats but struggles against bunker when you pick that hero. Or whatever. We'll always be playing this boring balanced snoozefest that never goes anywhere because careful balance is for bridges, not videogames.

    Edit: To be fair, I have to change my argument here: a buidling is easy to balance; a car is fun to balance. Videogames are about fun, so they should be like cars not buildings.

    Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

    hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    Chance
  • CoinageCoinage The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter Registered User regular
  • madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

    I smell a sombra who tried the same thing too many times in a row - the hog knows she's there, stands still for a moment behind the team to bait her into attempting a hack, and boom

  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »


    A smart guy who I don't always agree with arguing that multi dps comp is an essential part of the new circle of counters. Or at least square of counters. Because before then it was triangle. And before we discovered dive it was a point. The Rein meta point.

    Force 2/2/2 and the circle breaks. Congrats, you're now balancing a triangle. If a triangle is what you want then fine. Triangles are very easy to balance in physics and that's why they're so common in buildings and bridges and such. They're stable. They don't move. They're boring.

    And I don't want boring when I play a game. Balance the circle - or do your best and I'll understand - because I play games to be interested. If I wanted to be bored I wouldn't play games. I'd watch a fucking building and say "my how well balanced that is!"

    Also, his discussion about how Goats overpowers BUnker - which as a Rein comp means, strictly speaking, that shouldn't happen - well, at first I was like "this just proves me right that Rein is the REAL problem!" And then I realised, no, it proves me wrong there, maybe, but it proves right that the only way we can break loose of "this comp beats that comp" and start having a better game of nuanced questions about specific hero picks and playstyles is by maintaining the freedom to make any comp possible. If just having a Reinhardt meant you couldn't beat an Orisa bunker that would be its own kind of bullshit. That would mean there are 12 human beings wasting their time on the two player game of rock-paper-scissors. But adding Goats to the mix adds nuance. It means there's also questions for the bunker: where should we set up in case they switch from 2/2/2 Rein deathball into full on Goats? And what if they fully switch to multi-dps, which is another counter to our comp?

    Fun questions. But if we lock this game in place now - just say "hey we've decided how this game should work from here until the end of time" - we're never going to discover the fifth team comp that makes the pentagon. Or the hero that supercharges dive so that it beats goats but struggles against bunker when you pick that hero. Or whatever. We'll always be playing this boring balanced snoozefest that never goes anywhere because careful balance is for bridges, not videogames.

    Edit: To be fair, I have to change my argument here: a buidling is easy to balance; a car is fun to balance. Videogames are about fun, so they should be like cars not buildings.

    I don't think it's a triangle.

    Bunker, death ball, and dive are the three points I assume? Where does double sniper fit into this? It's Orisa/Hog but it doesn't function like a bunker.

    Chance
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    I think we can push things well past rhombus without breaking the analogy.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades 地獄のようにかわいい あなたは嫉妬深いかRegistered User regular
    Simple geometry.

    ジェイムズ・ブラウンの好きな色は何ですか?
    青!
    Chance
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    I often pause and feel a bit grateful about the experience on PS4. Fights play out at like half PC speed, the sky's the limit with comps and I can get away with my silly shenanigans.

    It's nice.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Musicool wrote: »


    A smart guy who I don't always agree with arguing that multi dps comp is an essential part of the new circle of counters. Or at least square of counters. Because before then it was triangle. And before we discovered dive it was a point. The Rein meta point.

    Force 2/2/2 and the circle breaks. Congrats, you're now balancing a triangle. If a triangle is what you want then fine. Triangles are very easy to balance in physics and that's why they're so common in buildings and bridges and such. They're stable. They don't move. They're boring.

    And I don't want boring when I play a game. Balance the circle - or do your best and I'll understand - because I play games to be interested. If I wanted to be bored I wouldn't play games. I'd watch a fucking building and say "my how well balanced that is!"

    Also, his discussion about how Goats overpowers BUnker - which as a Rein comp means, strictly speaking, that shouldn't happen - well, at first I was like "this just proves me right that Rein is the REAL problem!" And then I realised, no, it proves me wrong there, maybe, but it proves right that the only way we can break loose of "this comp beats that comp" and start having a better game of nuanced questions about specific hero picks and playstyles is by maintaining the freedom to make any comp possible. If just having a Reinhardt meant you couldn't beat an Orisa bunker that would be its own kind of bullshit. That would mean there are 12 human beings wasting their time on the two player game of rock-paper-scissors. But adding Goats to the mix adds nuance. It means there's also questions for the bunker: where should we set up in case they switch from 2/2/2 Rein deathball into full on Goats? And what if they fully switch to multi-dps, which is another counter to our comp?

    Fun questions. But if we lock this game in place now - just say "hey we've decided how this game should work from here until the end of time" - we're never going to discover the fifth team comp that makes the pentagon. Or the hero that supercharges dive so that it beats goats but struggles against bunker when you pick that hero. Or whatever. We'll always be playing this boring balanced snoozefest that never goes anywhere because careful balance is for bridges, not videogames.

    Edit: To be fair, I have to change my argument here: a buidling is easy to balance; a car is fun to balance. Videogames are about fun, so they should be like cars not buildings.

    I don't think it's a triangle.

    Bunker, death ball, and dive are the three points I assume? Where does double sniper fit into this? It's Orisa/Hog but it doesn't function like a bunker.

    That video has some issues because the comps are not that clear cut and the map matters a lot.

    Like i wouldn't recommend going dive against bunker when it's mostly a mess that will most likely depend on how the ults shake out. As he says dive is good for isolating characters, that's not bunker at all. Shield break is far more reliable and that's done with with Rein (but maybe not with Zarya).

    Even if we go with the video, Multi-DPs counters Goats which counters Dive. With forced 2-2-2, we lose the first two and dive reigns supreme again as apparently nothing counters that... except Brig still exists and may actually get buffed once Goat is forever dead. Who knows how long that takes though.

    I expect that what maps are played will be the big factor, and we'll see the pros running a lot of point A bunkers, with switches to dive or Rein/Zarya depending the the rest of the map.

  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    New clip showwwww!



    at 1:14 - I was super-proud of this McCree & Mercy takedown because this Pocketed UberCree was explicitly brought out to counter me. And he did, on our first meeting, with a damage buffed flash and fan combo. Then I respawned and this happened and McCree and Mercy suddenly become a lot more cautious of how they approached me. Felt guuuud.

    at 1:27 - No shame about killing an AFK doomfist. You stop movin' for two seconds, I'm gonna' shoot you in the head - and I'd expect any of you to do the same for me! But I just wanna' call out the very end of this clip - I pushed things too far, went back to get the killing blow on the Orisa despite the Sombra almost hacking me three times, and this time she gets the hack off because I am 100% focused on the Orisa. I can't blink around the corner, my health is droppin' - that's it, I'm dead.

    And then wham my brother's D.Va blasts into the line of fire, body-blocking for me as I shrink back behind cover. Thanks, Chris. You saved my ass!

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    PailryderElement Brianmightyjongyosurrealitycheck
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    small one from this weekend, i like the widow shot at the end

    https://giant.gfycat.com/DelectableSphericalErmine.mp4

    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

    Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    ChancePailrydermightyjongyosurrealitycheck
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Attacking on Hollywood. A three-stack instalocks Hanzo, Rein and Zarya so I convince my brother to go Bap while I go Zen. It goes poorly, and we switch to our mains before the second checkpoint and drag it to a hard win. The Zarya ults once the entire game, despite having it from the first checkpoint.

    Defending, same deal. Zarya has ult when we lose first point, but keeps it all through the town and only uses it when we've half-lost a fight just before the second checkpoint - which we then entirely lose when their Bob comes out to clean up things.

    I am not a fan of this Zarya, Hanzo and Rein. I'm grateful for our exasperated healers, we narrowly win both games and I get a pretty bad PotG.

    Next game, I'm attacking on Gibraltar Vs... that Rein, Zarya and Hanzo. And I smack my lips and I go like 22 and 1 with an 18 streak and PotG and mop the floor with them it was amazing. That was some amazing Overwatch.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    PailryderElement Brian
  • MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited July 9
    Refraction- or how to fix Sombra and double sniper at the same time

    So Sombra has a few problems:

    1) her Hack is bullshit;
    2) without Hack she sucks.

    To me the response is obvious: nerf Hack, but carefully, and only in a way that it's worse when counterplayer, and give her something else. Preferably something that still enables her general sneaky-hacky playstyle.

    Double-sniper has a problem:

    Except for a few fairly new options, all of the best responses to double -sniper are in the tank category, because those are the only heroes that don't die to a headshot.

    Let's fix both!

    Now Fitzy said something that blew my mind: part of why Sombra is so strong right now is because double-sniper isn't. Because Sombra will always struggle in a meta where it's easier to delete someone than hack and dive them. Also, and this is key, her match-ups against Hanzo and Widow are pretty shitty at high level because there's no damage threshold that you can uncloak and harass those two with your pea-shooter, waiting for that damage threshold to come and then Transing away. The damage threshold is your full health bar.

    Give Sombra something like Refraction: a personal shield/bubble thing that prevents the first, say, 4 damage instances that Sombra (or a large hitbox around Sombra) suffers. Does not prevent CC effects or spy-check damage. How is it activated? I dunno. Maybe a no-damage-taken cd. Maybe only after she activates Translocator or cloak. Maybe after she throws Trans. Maybe when she begins her first hack in say 10 seconds. Maybe it's just a new button for her.

    Suddenly you've made Sombra tanky in a very particular way. She's not an actual tank. But she's now a brand new anti-one-shot dps. She can exist in a game with Doomfist and Widow and such. But how does this relate to Hack and how is this not another straight buff?

    Well, you change Hack's duration: 2 + (remaining instances of Refraction currently on Sombra) seconds. So if Sombra sneaks in and doesn't suffer any damage from spy-cheking shotguns or random spraying she gets the same duration as she's always gotten: 6 seconds. But if she blows the cd, wastes it, jsut doens't have it up, or if while she's madly holding down Hack or Transing desperately into a giant Emp she gets clipped by some trash damage you've suddenly outplayed her. Maybe her EMP only lasts 3 seconds on everyone now. Maybe she only hacks you for 2 seconds and then you can scram.

    And this also works well because so many of the heroes that are best at spy-checking but also are generally the most fragile to Hacks - Winston, DVa, Tracer, Roadhog, Hamster, Doomfist, Tracer - they all have high RoF or high spread damage guns. Rein is still in trouble but he should have a Zarya spy-checking for him with her high RoF beam. And if she gets 4 instances off before Sombra hacks Rein? Bubble lasts 2 seconds.

    Counter play and counter-counter play. Not only does SOmbra become more open to outplay at the high level, she becomes stronger at the lower levels - because dying less often to our own stupidity is pretty good for us shitty Plats, y'know. It may be my idea and therefore I'm biased, but I think it's a great idea! :P

    Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

    hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
    Chance
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Hmmm so Vs. a headshotting Widow, this Theoretical Supersombra has 800 effective HP. I'm not sure I like that. Theoretical Supersombra is out here tanking Rip-Tires and D.Va bombs with her sassy refraction, laughing at Reinhardts as they charge her into walls, and here I am on Tracer blowing my all-important 12-sec Recall cooldown just to stay in the fight (when not simply getting instagibbed by a single Mei icicle). And McCree's over there in the corner just sobbing, brushing the hair on a doll called "Combat Roll" and insisting it's still pretty.

    Will no one think of McCree?

    Also since when is Sombra's TTK so high that she can't kill an enemy sniper in a second? As I recall it takes 3.5 seconds for Sombra to empty her clip, Sombra's clip is so ample she can headshot 4 squishies to death before she has to reload, so that's around 0.85 seconds to kill a Widow or Hanzo with theoretically perfect aim - quick enough that the Sniper only has a half second or less to react, which is a narrow but reasonable band of counterplay.

    Third, while I like the idea of Hack getting nerfed in any direction, part of the reason for its duration is you need to give a moment for Sombra to declare "Hog hacked!" and for her team to pile on. If the hack lasts 2 seconds, the team will hear about the hack around the time it expires. Sombra's mobility is second only to Hammond, she's profoundly survivable compared to any other DPS not named Mei and has one the single best ults in the game which also happens to be incredibly quick to charge - I'm not sure we need to give her a hugely powerful defensive ability, even at an expense to Hack's effectiveness.

    Sombra: "All I can do is turn invisible and easily access high ground whenever I want and burn through over 800 HP with a single clip of my SMG - I definitely need a buff to help me deal with snipers!"

    The Entire Rest of the Cast, specifically the 50% with zero vertical mobility: "Omg stfu."

    Also I love Fitzy. I think I watch him more than any other streamer. Him & Harb are so positive, I love 'em. Fitzy's over here explaining that he plays Overwatch 'cause it's a great game and he loves it, meanwhile Wraxu is putting out videos explaining that he doesn't understand why anyone would ever play Overwatch if they weren't getting paid for it because it's just shitty shitty shit.

    Fitzy rocks.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • TexiKenTexiKen Registered User regular
    My rework for Sombra:

    I think Sombra needs to charge her hack instead of the hack animation. Basically a left trigger charge for two-three seconds, and then you press it again to fire it hitscan style like McCree's pistol. She can even do a finger pistol animation.

    Hack only lasts four seconds and shuts down everything but primary fire, and we can even let the range extend a bit because it's now about aiming skill. Like 20 meters.

    But in making up for the easier hack, Sombra can't teleport away for two seconds after a successful hack, And she can only charge it when not cloaked. So it's all about planning before going in, and committing when you strike.


    eb3XA8M.png
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Fitzy is definitely a good educational streamer to watch, his mechanics aren't anything that impressive, but he compensates with characters that reward creativity and awareness, which is much more learnable.

    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Anything that makes hack - an incredibly valuable ability - more of a skillshot is okay by me.

    Like a 2 sec CD if she misses the hack? Insane. Can you imagine how thrilled Brig would be if she got shield bash back in 2 seconds after she whiffed it?

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    miscellaneousinsanityFencingsax
This discussion has been closed.