Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Overwatch] Workshop now included.

17576788081100

Posts

  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Saw the event was live, went to open my free box, got the new Torb legendary. yessss

    The only other one I really like is Genji's (which I really like) and I have more than enough coin to grab it by the end of the event. i do wish we had a little more going on, but oh well

  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    A cute little cap does not a must-have Hammond skin make.

    And I think Genji's looks dumb. I get that it's training gear for Kendo, I just think it's false advertising when he's actually wielding a three-foot blade with, y'know, a cutting edge. At least in Kill la Kill the Kendo dude's weapon was actually the wooden training sword.

    I have strange priorities.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    edited July 16
    what if hog's hook, when you miss a person but hit an object, pulled you to the object? (grapple hook like widow) but it can only go horizontal, no vertical movement.

    Pailryder on
    miscellaneousinsanity
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    pretty sure someone cooked that up in the workshop

    BionicPenguin
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    what if hog's hook, when you miss a person but hit an object, pulled you to the object? (grapple hook like widow) but it can only go horizontal, no vertical movement.

    Hyper broken.

    ChanceBionicPenguin
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Hog with mobility would be scary.

    9MpLNPA.jpg
    Steam: MightyPotatoKing/King of the Impossible - Battle.net: PotatoKing#1893
    Monkey Ball WarriorChanceFencingsax
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 16
    Chance wrote: »
    A cute little cap does not a must-have Hammond skin make.

    And I think Genji's looks dumb. I get that it's training gear for Kendo, I just think it's false advertising when he's actually wielding a three-foot blade with, y'know, a cutting edge. At least in Kill la Kill the Kendo dude's weapon was actually the wooden training sword.

    I have strange priorities.

    Your priorities are so bokken.

    Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
    KwoaruChancemightyjongyoBRIAN BLESSED
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Hog with mobility would be scary.

    Woe to any team that let him chain behind them with Whole Hog up.

    Chance
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 16
    It kinda feels like they are ever so slowly cutting back on content releases and hoping that people don't notice until they announce whatever the next big thing is. It's been happening over the past year or so.

    Zek on
    Chance
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    A cute little cap does not a must-have Hammond skin make.

    And I think Genji's looks dumb. I get that it's training gear for Kendo, I just think it's false advertising when he's actually wielding a three-foot blade with, y'know, a cutting edge. At least in Kill la Kill the Kendo dude's weapon was actually the wooden training sword.

    I have strange priorities.

    Your priorities are so bokken.

    qxtg7xexjobi.gif

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • TexiKenTexiKen Steeeve Perry Steeeeeeve PerryRegistered User regular
    This American Reaper could actually be good, I've never switched him off his Origins skin because everything else looks so, so stupid, but 'Merica outweighs the Linkin Park of his default skin.

    Also boooooo, no Summer Fun Bikini Pharah/Bridget/Symmetra/Ashe, instead we have Hamzo trying to hold in his gut for an event a dab.

    HAB3pqF.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Now I knew it was coming but found it odd they did not give the heads up
    When I saw the new sprays and skins I was scared they were going to force people to play comp for them or comp lucioball
    Still it's mystery heroes and qp games o well

  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    This American Reaper could actually be good, I've never switched him off his Origins skin because everything else looks so, so stupid, but 'Merica outweighs the Linkin Park of his default skin.

    Also boooooo, no Summer Fun Bikini Pharah/Bridget/Symmetra/Ashe, instead we have Hamzo trying to hold in his gut for an event a dab.

    At the expense of Mariachi? Shirley, you jest.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited July 17
    Zek wrote: »
    It kinda feels like they are ever so slowly cutting back on content releases and hoping that people don't notice until they announce whatever the next big thing is. It's been happening over the past year or so.

    Someone on... I think it was the official OW forums pointed out:

    Year 1 : 11-10 Legendaries per event.

    Year 2 : 8

    Year 3 : 6

    Year 4 : 4

    Bleugh.

    ct9az4m9zge0.jpg

    Chance on
    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited July 17
    Chance wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »
    It kinda feels like they are ever so slowly cutting back on content releases and hoping that people don't notice until they announce whatever the next big thing is. It's been happening over the past year or so.

    Someone on... I think it was the official OW forums pointed out:

    Year 1 : 11-10 Legendaries per event.

    Year 2 : 8

    Year 3 : 6

    Year 4 : 4

    Bleugh.

    ct9az4m9zge0.jpg

    Ehh, this isn't really accurate, though.

    The very first event (Summer Games) had a pretty anemic selection - it was 6 legendary skins, but it was basically 3 sets of 2 recolors each (which was made up for a bit by the nationality purples), and then 7 skins the next year. Every Halloween event has had 6 legendary skins each year, as has Winter Wonderland (plus one legendary emote the first two years, which I'm not actually a fan of), and Lunar New Year (if you don't count Mei's Chang'E recolor). I'm pretty sure Archives had more legendaries in its second year than its first.

    The really big offender is the anniversary event, which came out of the gate super strong with lots of skins and all those dances and has fallen off since then. Where I think they've really been lacking is the quantity and quality of purples, especially skins. But the only event that's ever really had more than 6 unique legendaries is the first Anniversary event.

    Now if we get to our next event and it's 4 yellows and 3 purples again, I'm going to be extremely worried. For now, I'm just going to chalk this event up to them trying to get 2-2-2 and a new hero out the door, and other behind-the-scenes stuff we're not privy to yet.

    Houk the Namebringer on
    Chancemiscellaneousinsanity
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    How (slams fist on table!) dare you fact check my second-hand numbers!

    Let us not forget the OG Summer Games also came with some not-bad Epic quality skins, and that a mere four legendaries sets a disturbing new bar for player expectations!

    No, gentlepeeps. What we have here is a development crisis of the highest caliber! If we can't have dashing new It Girl Ashe in the hottest summer fashions, can one even call it an event? It is at best an occurence, and a revolting one at that.

    No, I say. This year's charming but decidedly one-sided sausage fest must never be repeated.

    My God. We, the fans, love this game. We spend our working hours thinking about it and how awesome it could be. It's not unfair to expect its developers to share that enthusiasm and make more than 4 decent new skins.

    And really it's 3 cause that Hammond. C'mon.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Also if we get to Halloween and Tracer doesn't get a skin I... I don't know.

    But there will be gifs.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    How (slams fist on table!) dare you fact check my second-hand numbers!

    Let us not forget the OG Summer Games also came with some not-bad Epic quality skins, and that a mere four legendaries sets a disturbing new bar for player expectations!

    No, gentlepeeps. What we have here is a development crisis of the highest caliber! If we can't have dashing new It Girl Ashe in the hottest summer fashions, can one even call it an event? It is at best an occurence, and a revolting one at that.

    No, I say. This year's charming but decidedly one-sided sausage fest must never be repeated.

    My God. We, the fans, love this game. We spend our working hours thinking about it and how awesome it could be. It's not unfair to expect its developers to share that enthusiasm and make more than 4 decent new skins.

    And really it's 3 cause that Hammond. C'mon.

    Oh for sure, the first Summer Games gave us what are still the best purple skins in the game, and set a precedent that the game hasn't even come close to matching (well...some of the Halloween purples are pretty good). And 4 legendaries and 3 rares (that's what they call purples right?) is absolutely godawful, especially considering there's literally nothing else new to the event. I'm just willing to treat it as a one-off considering past events rather than a slow decline. But if the next event sucks, I'm gonna be one unhappy camper.

    Chance
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited July 17
    (Nods sagely.) Frightening times.

    Edit: This didn't feel bump-worthy, but just a story.

    So I call it last game. We go in and get absolutely destroyed fiirst teamfight on Lijiang. Turns out we're facing a 3300 Genji and a badass Soldier, Lucio and Doomfist, and they absolutely destroy us round 1. We take the point back for like 20% I think, but they almost-immediately get it back. Round 2 is an incredibly hardscrabble win, but we pull it off with an amazing 4k by yours truly and it goes to 3. I didn't get a card but I got gold elims (and way too many deaths), PotG for the 4K, the win and the pride of defeating a 200 hour Genji main with 800 SR on me.

    There was a supercool moment in garden when they had control of the point. Genji leaps forward to the end of the bridge leading to our spawn, where my Orisa is, bravely deflecting her shots back into her and I zip up behind him and one-clip + melee him mid-deflect.

    It was lovely.

    Chance on
    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i'm normally terrible at lucioball but sometimes opportunity strikes

    Chance
  • Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    Evidence for incoming 2-2-2 mounts.

    gtso6hnpy5gj.png


    Before the patch it was the normal two month season.

    Chance
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    I really don't want 2/2/2 to happen >.< force it on the pros so we ladder folks won't get any crazy ideas, but... eh I just don't want it.

    Anyway I'm still really enjoying the replay feature. Just having a list of my last 10 games is awesome. I had a 75% winrate tonight and I'd never have known otherwise.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    Phoenix-DmightyjongyoMonkey Ball WarriorKwoaruMusicool
  • Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    I really don't want 2/2/2 to happen >.< force it on the pros so we ladder folks won't get any crazy ideas, but... eh I just don't want it.

    Anyway I'm still really enjoying the replay feature. Just having a list of my last 10 games is awesome. I had a 75% winrate tonight and I'd never have known otherwise.

    It will be nice to finally have people queueing up to play tank instead of getting 3 people instalocking DPS and then one begrudgingly switching to tank who may or may not know how to actually play one.

  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Brutal J wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    I really don't want 2/2/2 to happen >.< force it on the pros so we ladder folks won't get any crazy ideas, but... eh I just don't want it.

    Anyway I'm still really enjoying the replay feature. Just having a list of my last 10 games is awesome. I had a 75% winrate tonight and I'd never have known otherwise.

    It will be nice to finally have people queueing up to play tank instead of getting 3 people instalocking DPS and then one begrudgingly switching to tank who may or may not know how to actually play one.

    There's that, but as a Mein do you really always want there to be 2 tanks?

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    Monkey Ball Warrior
  • Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Brutal J wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    I really don't want 2/2/2 to happen >.< force it on the pros so we ladder folks won't get any crazy ideas, but... eh I just don't want it.

    Anyway I'm still really enjoying the replay feature. Just having a list of my last 10 games is awesome. I had a 75% winrate tonight and I'd never have known otherwise.

    It will be nice to finally have people queueing up to play tank instead of getting 3 people instalocking DPS and then one begrudgingly switching to tank who may or may not know how to actually play one.

    There's that, but as a Mein do you really always want there to be 2 tanks?

    I haven't gotten to play Mei without someone losing their shit and throwing in comp since season 2

  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I think 222 is kind of a bummer because it means certain offbeat but effective comps won't be possible anymore, but I also think it has the potential to VASTLY improve the overall team experience. People will still complain about your picks and how you suck in your role, and you'll still get Sym one tricks once in a while, but everyone will always get the roles they want, and you'll always get supports and tanks who actually want to do the thing they're supposed to do. So I'm cautiously optimistic.

    BRIAN BLESSED
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Since I'm gradually becoming a tank main against my will, I decided it's time to try Reinhardt again instead of always using Orisa when an anchor is necessary.

    I regretted that decision immediately.

    I think my poor map knowledge is particularly damning on him.

    Pailryder
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I just had a PotG as Widowmaker in a FFA that looked like I was straight up cheating. Not because I was exceptional or anything, but because of the way my cursor jerked from nowhere near a good shot to right on target with each headshot.

    If only I could make whatever neurons make that happen from time to time fire off consistently.

    Chance
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    I just had a PotG as Widowmaker in a FFA that looked like I was straight up cheating. Not because I was exceptional or anything, but because of the way my cursor jerked from nowhere near a good shot to right on target with each headshot.

    If only I could make whatever neurons make that happen from time to time fire off consistently.

    Sounds like you got some good flicks going there. You can practice those! There are probably several workshop modes designed to help with that.

  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    Reinhardt was always a character I wanted to like more, but his reliance on teammates is too frustrating. If your team isn't playing along, then you're just standing there holding a shield up for no reason, or you're getting focused by the whole enemy team while you try in vain to get into melee range.

    ChanceTexiKen
  • OrphaneOrphane There will be Light. Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    Reinhardt was always a character I wanted to like more, but his reliance on teammates is too frustrating. If your team isn't playing along, then you're just standing there holding a shield up for no reason, or you're getting focused by the whole enemy team while you try in vain to get into melee range.

    Flankhardt

  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 17
    Brutal J wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    Brutal J wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    I really don't want 2/2/2 to happen >.< force it on the pros so we ladder folks won't get any crazy ideas, but... eh I just don't want it.

    Anyway I'm still really enjoying the replay feature. Just having a list of my last 10 games is awesome. I had a 75% winrate tonight and I'd never have known otherwise.

    It will be nice to finally have people queueing up to play tank instead of getting 3 people instalocking DPS and then one begrudgingly switching to tank who may or may not know how to actually play one.

    There's that, but as a Mein do you really always want there to be 2 tanks?

    I haven't gotten to play Mei without someone losing their shit and throwing in comp since season 2

    From my point of view the Mei hate is down quite a lot from before. Now, I'm in Silver (1975, so maybe not for long?), but I think if Mei would work with the heroes people on your team are choosing, you should just play her.

    As the kids say, Haters gonna Hate, no need to work yourself up about it. Worst case scenario, you can always leave voice chat (or go further like Chance and just never enter it).

    Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
    Chance
  • Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    Brutal J wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    Brutal J wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    I really don't want 2/2/2 to happen >.< force it on the pros so we ladder folks won't get any crazy ideas, but... eh I just don't want it.

    Anyway I'm still really enjoying the replay feature. Just having a list of my last 10 games is awesome. I had a 75% winrate tonight and I'd never have known otherwise.

    It will be nice to finally have people queueing up to play tank instead of getting 3 people instalocking DPS and then one begrudgingly switching to tank who may or may not know how to actually play one.

    There's that, but as a Mein do you really always want there to be 2 tanks?

    I haven't gotten to play Mei without someone losing their shit and throwing in comp since season 2

    From my point of view the Mei hate is down quite a lot from before. Now, I'm in Silver (1975, so maybe not for long?), but I think if Mei would work with the heroes people on your team are choosing, you should just play her.

    As the kids say, Haters gonna Hate, no need to work yourself up about it. Worst case scenario, you can always leave voice chat (or go further like Chance and just never enter it).

    This is getting to the heart of why i want role lock. I'm in masters, I get into a game and the DPS gets insta-locked. I could lock one myself, odds are we get 3 DPS picked then, maybe 4. At this elo, people are willing to switch to tanks/supports to win. Problem. Guess who has a ton of time on tanks and supports in comp already? This guy *double thumb points at self*. Guess who everyone is expecting to switch? And the worst part is, I probably should switch since yes, the majority of my comp time is not on DPS, and there is no telling that my DPS is anywhere near equal to my tank/support characters. Even if I get DPS without any issues, there is still this looming pressure cloud that hangs over head that I should have picked the role that I'm probably better at that is more important for the team and by not doing so I actually am soft throwing.

    The issue gets 10x worse when going for anything off-meta like Mei.

    Role-queue with separate SR solves a ton of these issues. Could create more, sure, but I'm willing to take that chance.

    Also, seems Mei is being used a counter to the Oink and Yoink, Orissa/Hog combo, so perhaps Mei's pickrate will rise.

  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited July 17
    It doesn't look quite as weird as I thought it did in the moment.



    I should figure out how to do this all the time.

    edit: I also need to stop reloading for no reason.

    Kamar on
    ChanceBrutal J
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Brutal J wrote: »
    ... there is still this looming pressure cloud that hangs over head that I should have picked the role that I'm probably better at that is more important for the team and by not doing so I actually am soft throwing.

    I know those feels. Responsibility to the Team is actually what drove my transition from a Mercy flex main to a Tracer one trick in like S4 or 5.

    Well I can play Mercy in the hopes that this Rein isn't suicidal or that Soldier can land their shots, or I can jack our win probability to 60% by picking Tracer. I'll pick Tracer.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Brutal J wrote: »
    Brutal J wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    Brutal J wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    I really don't want 2/2/2 to happen >.< force it on the pros so we ladder folks won't get any crazy ideas, but... eh I just don't want it.

    Anyway I'm still really enjoying the replay feature. Just having a list of my last 10 games is awesome. I had a 75% winrate tonight and I'd never have known otherwise.

    It will be nice to finally have people queueing up to play tank instead of getting 3 people instalocking DPS and then one begrudgingly switching to tank who may or may not know how to actually play one.

    There's that, but as a Mein do you really always want there to be 2 tanks?

    I haven't gotten to play Mei without someone losing their shit and throwing in comp since season 2

    From my point of view the Mei hate is down quite a lot from before. Now, I'm in Silver (1975, so maybe not for long?), but I think if Mei would work with the heroes people on your team are choosing, you should just play her.

    As the kids say, Haters gonna Hate, no need to work yourself up about it. Worst case scenario, you can always leave voice chat (or go further like Chance and just never enter it).

    This is getting to the heart of why i want role lock. I'm in masters, I get into a game and the DPS gets insta-locked. I could lock one myself, odds are we get 3 DPS picked then, maybe 4. At this elo, people are willing to switch to tanks/supports to win. Problem. Guess who has a ton of time on tanks and supports in comp already? This guy *double thumb points at self*. Guess who everyone is expecting to switch? And the worst part is, I probably should switch since yes, the majority of my comp time is not on DPS, and there is no telling that my DPS is anywhere near equal to my tank/support characters. Even if I get DPS without any issues, there is still this looming pressure cloud that hangs over head that I should have picked the role that I'm probably better at that is more important for the team and by not doing so I actually am soft throwing.

    The issue gets 10x worse when going for anything off-meta like Mei.

    Role-queue with separate SR solves a ton of these issues. Could create more, sure, but I'm willing to take that chance.

    Also, seems Mei is being used a counter to the Oink and Yoink, Orissa/Hog combo, so perhaps Mei's pickrate will rise.

    I don't know how aware you are of the tier 2 scene but Clockwork Vendetta has been rolling through European Contenders with a lot of Mei. She might be more meta than a lot of people realize.

    9MpLNPA.jpg
    Steam: MightyPotatoKing/King of the Impossible - Battle.net: PotatoKing#1893
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    I feel like "more meta than people realize" always happens. It makes me wish Blizzard would just go "No balance changes for a year, let's see how things shake out". The community is very stupid about the meta.

    Then again I'll probably not play again after role que so meh. They screwed up my favorite hero, if they do that *and* remove my ability to flex it'll pretty much kill the game for me.

    Monkey Ball WarriorBloodySloth
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited July 17
    The inability to flex outside of a role mid-game is gonna suck.

    Chance on
    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    Monkey Ball WarriormightyjongyoMusicoolPailryderFrem
  • TexiKenTexiKen Steeeve Perry Steeeeeeve PerryRegistered User regular
    If there's no new patches before 2/2/2 hits Ima be salty because if they just use the role queue as a way to hide the balance issues with the heroes that will not go over well.

    HAB3pqF.png
    MusicoolFencingsax
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I'm a little behind since I've been inhaling the new ff14 expansion, but good lord do I like the summer Hanzo skin. Perfect. Also, splish and splash torb or whatever is incredible. I got the Hammond one, but "haha it's a lucio ball" doesn't seem like a funny enough joke for the actual concept. But it's fine, whatever. Lucios were booping me last night and it felt appropriate. The rest are so so, although I like the over-the-top american reaper skin too.

    Chance
This discussion has been closed.