As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARFRAME] Mesa Prime access ending, Oberon Prime vaulted, Equinox Prime arrives - 4/2

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Reactor BP alert up on PC for the next hour and twenty.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    jothki wrote: »
    I can't see myself ever paying platinum for a frame. That's like 30+ weapon slots I could have instead.

For me it's a matter of cost/time disparity. I get 75% vouchers fairly often, so a frame is like three and a half euro. "Will this frame require me to do a mission type I hate for long enough that I'm willing to spend four bucks to not have to do this?" is how I frame it when I decide whether to buy a frame.

This has resulted in buying Nidus, Harrow, and Khora with platinum.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    For me it's a matter of i spend too much of my life doing shit i don't wanna do to get what i want, i'm not gonna put up with that shit in my hobby as well if i can bypass it.
    plus i like what DE have made, so i don't feel bad supporting them crazy canadians.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    The Sacrifice is complete!
    Grave-running against Umbra was definitely the way to do it. Once I had him the Sentients were way easier, though I think my Potato'd Rhino was a little more survivable

The Sacrifice spoilers
    No really spoilers. Turn back if you haven't done it.
    w58d7zxq01sh.jpg

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    The MR17 test is nasty. Does anyone have any advice there?

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I took a quick frame with an aoe primary like amprex or ignis wraith

most important thing is to just find orbs and melee them

priority 1 is get more time priority 2 is kill enemies within eyesight while you run from orb to orb

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Ember with a javlok got me through it.

Just ran from orb to orb building time and let her 4 do the work. Occasionaly using the javlok to keep her energy up.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    38fvotD.jpg

This was back when you needed three coordinates to make a key.

Kids these days don't know no RNG!

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Loki with a corinth is my jam for orb+timer stuff.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Got it! Ran into someone else doing the same thing and we cranked out a couple together.

All I've got left now is Atlas, Khora, Baruuk, and Garuda materials and I'll have the whole gang. I think I'll actually enjoy Khora more than Atlas, making archwing missions with bullet sponges is a war crime.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    It's like they heard the term "bullet hell" but didn't know what it means.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I must be the only person on the planet who legitimately didn't mind farming Atlas. Admittedly, I did have a decent Archwing weapon before I got there, since I had already made myself a Velocitus some time ago.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    So. Farming Atlas.
    Velocitus.
    With Velocitus it's a piece of cake. Without Velocitus it's annoying as hell. Then you can use whatever archwing frame you want, but Velocitus is what makes it easy and fast.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I got my itzal and velocitus cooking atm. Then starts the long arduous process of farming mods and leveling/forma the archwing and weapon.

I think khora is just annoying to farm because people always leave at like round 4, then all the numbers seem to go out of whack. I think i just dont have a good frame for it. Any map that just throws legions of nullifiers and super powered corpus things at me just shreds me. Not to mention i dont have shit for arcanes ao i dont have those OP energy restore ones.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    So. Farming Atlas.
    Velocitus.
    With Velocitus it's a piece of cake. Without Velocitus it's annoying as hell. Then you can use whatever archwing frame you want, but Velocitus is what makes it easy and fast.

Way back when, three IRL friends and I farmed him with 4xCorrosive Projection and whatever garbage archwing stuff we had. That worked pretty painlessly.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Is that fight any different after you do it during the quest? It was pretty much just stand there and shoot it for 15 minutes for the quest. I think there were 5 other enemies the whole time.

• Options
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Is that fight any different after you do it during the quest? It was pretty much just stand there and shoot it for 15 minutes for the quest. I think there were 5 other enemies the whole time.

It's exactly like the quest. Except with a velocitus it's more like "Shoot it for maybe 30 seconds", because even when soloing you can finish off the big bad with maybe 9-10 shots.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I got my itzal and velocitus cooking atm. Then starts the long arduous process of farming mods and leveling/forma the archwing and weapon.

I haven't bothered to forma any archwing or arch-weapon because it is such a pain to level and they aren't used in challenging enough content to require the extra oomph of maxed out mods. My Itzal and Imperator Vandal are the only ones that I've bothered to put a potato into just because the Itzal is the one I use by default as it is the fastest and has the loot vacuum while the Imperator Vandal is the one I put the gravimag into, so it is needed in the profit taker fight.

Until there is more or better archwing content that is the way it can stay.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    My mistake doing the first Atlas mission was going in with my fluctus. It was beefed up and everything, but that fight took me about 20-30 minutes because I refused to just leave and come back after I realized how long it was gonna take.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Thats basically what happened for me. I just realized there was literally no way i could die because nothing was attacking me.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular

I think khora is just annoying to farm because people always leave at like round 4, then all the numbers seem to go out of whack. I think i just dont have a good frame for it. Any map that just throws legions of nullifiers and super powered corpus things at me just shreds me. Not to mention i dont have shit for arcanes ao i dont have those OP energy restore ones.

You dont need arcanes to do Onslaught. Just Zenurik. I farmed Khora solo using Saryn to spore all the things.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    That like never seems to work. Upon entering a new zone I dont have enough energy to cast her 3 and then 1 and spread it around. Then on top of that, despite having huge range, there seems to never be enough enemies for it to continually jump to. I end up having to spam 1 like all the time because Ill kill something with a melee attack and it wont spread to shit. The only time ive ever been able to "go off" to use the mtg phrase, was a mobile defense sortie that for some reason had a DUMB amount of tough enemies and the stacks got up to like 5k+. I dont think ive seen higher than like 900 in onslaught, and probably not more than 10 enemies ever infected at once.

• Options
    I somewhat embarrassingly just realized that you need to channel to get Life Strike to work.

I was getting ticked and about to drop it for another mod when I accidentally channeled and it worked.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I basically never channel. It's hard enough to get me to look at or remember the combo counter. Quick melee all the time - or, rather, for opening boxes and getting rid of anything too close to effectively shoot.

I keep hearing about Melee 3.0. Maybe they'll finally make it, like, fun and/or relevant. Maybe.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    I purpose built a melee weapon and even then I don't channel.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    That like never seems to work. Upon entering a new zone I dont have enough energy to cast her 3 and then 1 and spread it around. Then on top of that, despite having huge range, there seems to never be enough enemies for it to continually jump to. I end up having to spam 1 like all the time because Ill kill something with a melee attack and it wont spread to shit. The only time ive ever been able to "go off" to use the mtg phrase, was a mobile defense sortie that for some reason had a DUMB amount of tough enemies and the stacks got up to like 5k+. I dont think ive seen higher than like 900 in onslaught, and probably not more than 10 enemies ever infected at once.

You don't need her 3 to spread spores. As long as they die from something other than spores, they will spread.

You just need something that can reliability 1-shot whatever you point it at to make sure they don't die to a spore tick between bullets.

Save your 3 for when circumstances dictate you switch to a weapon that isn't a cannon, or if it's Corpus in a shield enhancement sortie to take advantage of the shield bypass from toxin.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    novaspike wrote: »
    I purpose built a melee weapon and even then I don't channel.

haha to be fair my purpose built melee weapon is a Zaw that exists for Covert Lethality on Inaros.

"POCKET SAND!"

Anyway yeah what are these "combos" if I wanted combos... I don't want combos. I spin 2 win.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I basically never channel. It's hard enough to get me to look at or remember the combo counter. Quick melee all the time - or, rather, for opening boxes and getting rid of anything too close to effectively shoot.

I keep hearing about Melee 3.0. Maybe they'll finally make it, like, fun and/or relevant. Maybe.

Last I heard, the plan for making channeling more fun in Melee 3.0 is to completely remove it from the game.

The only time I used Channeling was for Status and Crit agnostic weapons, which tended to be really old. Either that, or I was playing a stealth mission and didn't want enemies to be alerted by corpses (since channeling disintegrates them into a whiff of particle effects, there's nothing to be alerted by).

Both reasons are kind of bleh. The idea of using channeling as a way of slotting in cool effects for the weapon was promising (like the one where you get a huge movement speed boost on channeling kill), but the efficiency cost for most mods was almost always not worth it at all, especially when efficiency mods took up additional slots.

I'm not broken up about channeling becoming dead and buried. I just hope all 'on channeling kill/hit' effects are changed to 'on kill/hit' effects.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Also make sure to have tons of ability range.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'm still not sure what exactly channeling is, to be honest.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

Unless they changed something again, I don't think you technically need to cast anything but Spores.

Cast spores, kill target, spread. Lash/Miasma make it EASIER to spread, but that's all.

dporowski on
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Channeling would be better if it worked in reverse.

Instead of making my melee attacks deal more damage but draining my energy with each hit, it should make my melee attacks do less damage but restore a bit of energy with each hit.

I would use it all the time if that were the case.

As it stands now, Healing Return > Life Strike anyday.

• Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular

Pull the trigger (left mouse on PC) while holding a melee weapon, and you'll drain energy to enhance attacks.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular

Weapons do x1.5 damage at the cost of draining 5 energy a hit.

Blocking while channeling blocks 100% of damage instead of the normal amount, but drains energy per bullet blocked at a high energy cost that isn't affected by efficiency mods so fuck that.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    So. Farming Atlas.
    Velocitus.

The odonata shield power is like volts shield, makes the velocitus even more effective in that fight.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options

Instead of making my melee attacks deal more damage but draining my energy with each hit, it should make my melee attacks do less damage but restore a bit of energy with each hit.

Ahh, couldn't remember what the other heal mod was. I think I'll switch it in if ot drops for me.

About the only nice thing about Life Strike in comparison is you can channel for one or two hits and fully heal. Since I figured it out it's been good for an 'oh shit' heal from 200 to full.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    novaspike wrote: »

Ahh, couldn't remember what the other heal mod was. I think I'll switch it in if ot drops for me.

About the only nice thing about Life Strike in comparison is you can channel for one or two hits and fully heal. Since I figured it out it's been good for an 'oh shit' heal from 200 to full.

Thing is, all my weapons are modded for high status chance anyway because I use the Growing Power aura, and I don't use Vitality or Vigor because I'm an inconsiderate jerk who makes squishy ability strength builds and needs to be revived all the time.

So "lots of status procs" + "no max health" = Healing Return getting me from near empty to full again in seconds.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    The mission where you farm Nidus parts from, how does it work?

There are 3 points with air fresheners and a timer. Do you only need to survive the timer, or do you have to pump batteries into all the air fresheners/defend a point?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    As you kill stuff the enemies will drop blue boxes (and green circles). Run over the blue box to pick it up. You can carry a maximum of 3 at a time. Put the blue box in one of the air fresheners around the perimeter; 1 charge to get a small circle, 2 charges for a medium circle to clean off the console and get mission progress, 3 charges for a big circle because you might as well.

Whenever you are outside of a circle you'll lose armor, I think if you run out of armor you die but it never happened to me. Pick up a green circle and use the console in the middle of the room to refill your armor. You can also build a gear item that lets you do it anywhere but its a 24 hour build time.

Nidus parts are C rotation so you need multiples of 4 rounds. My suggestion for maximum laziness is a gas Amprex and just sit on the air freshener and occasionally change the direction you're looking in.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    As you kill stuff the enemies will drop blue boxes (and green circles). Run over the blue box to pick it up. You can carry a maximum of 3 at a time. Put the blue box in one of the air fresheners around the perimeter; 1 charge to get a small circle, 2 charges for a medium circle to clean off the console and get mission progress, 3 charges for a big circle because you might as well.

Whenever you are outside of a circle you'll lose armor, I think if you run out of armor you die but it never happened to me. Pick up a green circle and use the console in the middle of the room to refill your armor. You can also build a gear item that lets you do it anywhere but its a 24 hour build time.

Nidus parts are C rotation so you need multiples of 4 rounds. My suggestion for maximum laziness is a gas Amprex and just sit on the air freshener and occasionally change the direction you're looking in.

A max-range Equinox can also sit at one of the points, spin-to-win with a melee weapon, and every now and then nuke the room with her 4. It's handy and painless.

This discussion has been closed.