As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Apex Legends] Battle Royale from the makers of Titanfall. High OCTANE gameplay!

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/legendary-hunt-season-2-battle-pass

Some neat stuff coming up in the Season 2 Battle Pass. More of what I think everyone expected in Season 1, but still some good improvements.

Also some level bumps and limited time cosmetics as part of next week (dropping right when Destiny's next DLC comes out, Thanks EA, but still worth checking out.

TLDR: Season 2 has challenges, faster progression, more cosmetics, and enough crafting materials to make a Gold item.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    All the battle pass changes sound great, and the event seems like it will help people finish out the S1 grind. But I really want to see their content plan moving forward. I'd expect to see a new game mode or map by this point.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    From the other night, one of the few times I've picked up the Kraber and it worked out
    https://youtu.be/9TpljKlijY8

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    My most memorable win is when the final fight was when I got respawned, the other team rushed us, I dropped out of the ship to a supply pod, it had a kraber, by the time I turn around it's 1 v 1, and I land a single Kraber hipshot to to finish the game.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/xhwUiw0RnYs
    Wraith is growing on me

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Wraith is growing on me
    Shit, if she gets larger then that defeats half the point of playing as her.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Finally finished filling bars for the season, but figure playing some of the upcoming events is in order. Since Havoc isn't terrible anymore, seems neat to have the unique weapon effects.

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Options
    Holy crap just won a solo game as Mirage. Two randoms land somewhere far away, I try to land on the lootship. They both quit, and I miss the ship and land in skulltown. I quickly loot the side close to thuderdome, and then run over that way to avoid enemies.

Another loot ship flies in and lands between thuderdome and water treatment. I loot the ship and then... A care package comes down next to me as well. Grab a mastiff off that thing. I mosey towards water treatment but see a team guarding it, so I wait in the buildings between market and them.

Suddenly down to 4 teams total, and two teams are popping off by Market. I say screw it, rush them with my Mastiff. Manage to clean up team 3 after they kill team 4, and suddenly I am purple and gold everything.

https://youtu.be/AaOl_30GnOk

Last team still hanging on the roof of water treatment. Circle is forcing me towards them. I try to snake my way along the water front but they see me, so I run back to the houses on the edge. This time, I decide to run the left way, cut through middle (they still thought I was by the buildings at this point). I slink all the way up into the very small final circle. I can tell the team above is confused, they expected me to run head on. I wait for the circle to constrict again, and using my ult, o rush the bottom of the building they've camped out:

https://youtu.be/Gf0wVkFG_FU

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Event is up. Here are patch notes.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/bwus7u/the_legendary_hunt_begins_today_patch_notes/

Highlights:
    Two Additional Legendary Skins for all Battle Pass Owners
    Players who have the Wild Frontier Battle Pass will automatically get the Legendary Honored Prey R-301 skin.
    Players who reach Battle Pass level 15 before the end of the event will get the Wraith Night Terror Legendary skin.
    Legendary Hunt Challenge Rewards
    June 4 – June 18
    Complete special in-game challenges to score free Legendary Hunt loot! Don’t lose sight of your prey – these rewards are event exclusive, and once it’s over, they’re gone for good.
    Legendary Hunt Badge – Finish in the Top 5 in any match. Tracks your longest Top 5 streak in the Elite Queue.
    Rare Wolfpack G7 Scout weapon skin – Finish in the Top 5 in an Apex Elite match.
    Epic Master of the Hunt Bloodhound Legend skin – Finish in the Top 5 in any queue five times (consecutive or nonconsecutive).
    Legendary Tamed Beast Triple Take weapon skin – Win twice in any queue (consecutive or nonconsecutive).
    Battle Pass Bonus XP
    June 4 – June 18
    Earn an entire Battle Pass level when you finish in the Top 5 in any match (once per day).

Arteen on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    They changed the music!

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Feel kinda silly about pushing so hard to 110 before when there was so much free battle pass levels coming. Ah well, the challenges seem like they could be a neat diversion as well.

• Options
    We won a regular match then got top 5 in the elite queue our first try! Then top 5 again!

Both of those were exactly fifth place, but I'll take it. It's intense even when we're mostly just trying to stay alive. Weirdly, both matches ended up way out at the swamps.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I'm enjoying all the salt from the people upset they removed bunny hop healing from the game

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    When you drop a mozambique on the ground now, it has a unique animation where your character angrily throws it away.

cB557 on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I like that they put some thought into how to display the challenges, suggesting they'll keep this going as a regular way to keep people engaged.

I don't think I'm going to make 100 in the season, I fell off for a bit there, but with the event I can probably make 80 or 90.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I hate it when my teammates just linger beyond the ring

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    I hate it when my teammates just linger beyond the ring

It's even worse in the Top 5 queue, where it's double damage and moves faster

• Options
    The Legendary Hunt trailer stated that the Elite queue is a limitrd time thing also? That seems weird.

• Options
    The Legendary Hunt trailer stated that the Elite queue is a limitrd time thing also? That seems weird.

Yeah, but it goes until July I think?

• Options
  • Options
    Does the drop sequence feel different to anyone else? Feels smoother, somehow.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    Does the drop sequence feel different to anyone else? Feels smoother, somehow.

They changed a lot of mechanics in small ways. The drop def feels smoother, but also it locks in your angle once you approach the ground.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I think they changed/fixed people getting bumped on the initial drops. If you tried to drop hot as soon as possible before, a lot of the time you got pinballed around a bit. That seems to be happening less.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »

That really doesn't make sense, but maybe they wanted to leave themselves an out to remove/replace it if it doesn't work well.

• Options
    I imagine it's more they want to introduce something else unique in Season 2, but I guess we'll see.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Had a crazy win. Two of us dropped on the supply ship when no one else did, our third dropped like a mile away, killed on person and got downed, and then d/c'ed. So it was me and Pathfinder. For most of the match we just did the usual, running around collecting stuff, then we'd hunker down near/in the outskirts of the ring until it closed. It got down till like 5 squads, and we got found by some other squad, but we managed to take them all down and take their stuff. Headed off to the ring which was on the big tower. It finally got down to 2 squads. We headed up the big zip to the top and I popped my bloodhound ult, spotted them all way up yonder on top of one of the walls, shooting and they started shooting down at us with wingmen. We hunked down and they had to come to us. I got one guy down and killed him, but as I was trading shots with the second guy their third teammate on the wall got me, and shot over my knockdown shield, but Pathfinder finds the second one and takes them out before they can heal up. Finally third one has to come down, a Wraith. Pathfinder trades favorably, doesn't take any hp damage and has enough batteries to heal after every trade. They do a bit of back and forth around the building with the shelves, and then he takes off towards the ring with my banner and to the dropship respawner right inside the tiny circle. As I'm dropping in he starts trading with the Wraith who caught up. I grab an EVA-8 auto, a basic armor and some ammo. I see the Wraith come running around behind an APC and I start blasting her, knocking her shield down and drawing her attention, and while she's trying to get me Pathfinder comes around behind and finishes her off.

Don't know I've ever won with just a two-squad basically from the beginning.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Jay and I are on an 11-streak in the Apex Elite queue. We lost out at 10th place our last match, but our teammate quit early and it triggered loss forgiveness. We're not having much luck with winning, but it's fun.

Reddit reports that matches in the normal queue won't interrupt the streak, so I may try my luck there to get the win I need for the remaining event challenge.

• Options
    Yeah the Top 5 queue is a lot of fun but also, tougher to get #1 in. I usually average 2-4 wins a day but since doing the Top 5 queue we've been just scraping by. Some really close games in there for sure.

• Options
    We're running to get to the circle ahead of the ring, spot a group ahead of us who don't see us. What's the logical thing to do? Why, immediately open fire of course! And then, when you realize you're now outside the ring and taking damage, immediately abandon the firefight you just started, leaving your ally to die.

Some people.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Thanks to the close out events, I might actually make 100 this season. That's pretty nice. The elite tier mode was definitely a good baby step toward letting people figure out if they want skill tiered gameplay. I like being able to hop back and forth based on how tryhard I'm in the mood for.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Work really fucked me this weekend, I need to play video games :mad:

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    FYI, Apex devs say don't camp outside the circle in the Elite queue, it's toasty out there:

"Hey all,

This is making it's way live now on all platforms:

In an attempt to curb behavior of camping outside the circle to wait out the match and get Top 5 in the Apex Elite Queue, we’re trying increasing the damage caused by being outside the circle in the Apex Elite Queue only.

First circle now does 15% damage per tick
    Second circle now does 20% damage per tick
    Remaining circles no do 25% damage per tick."

• Options
    Welp there goes my.backup plan.

• Options
    God damn. Those numbers would make even just looting a deathbox a meter out of the zone super risky.

• Options
    I kinda hate that, but I get why it's happening

• Options
    It's just going to be an insane murder rush into the middle, which like, ok that makes sense, but feels like a pretty significantly different mode, not just "Elite Tier" play.

• Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I don't play anymore, so maybe my info is out of date, but IIRC the zone was kind of a joke. I remember losing several rounds because I was trying to follow the game prompt and get into the safe circle, but my team was instead just leisurely looting and ignoring the tiny zone damage. And thus we'd get separated and taken out by another team that was also just ignoring the zone.

You should not be able to ignore the zone. They should just do this buff across the board.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    It was/is real dumb that lifeline can just straight up camp out there with the tactical, especially early circles.

• Options
    ronzo wrote: »
    It was/is real dumb that lifeline can just straight up camp out there with the tactical, especially early circles.
    If you're passing through an unlooted area outside of circle one, slowing down to loot will probably leave you with more health than when you started, thanks to syringes.

• Options
    Had a great start, downed a whole squad myself... and then my team refused to move on from the airport area, we got caught in a crossfire, and we all died.

I know this is a game about shooting people, but I get the feeling for some people the game is ONLY about shooting people.