As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I have won the [chat]tery

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    ... What the hell, docker.

What are you doing, setting up an auto-bridge that is based on the /16 subnet?! Did you really need to grab 172.17.0.0/16?!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Open office plans make me cringe.

All our desks are supposed to be facing the wall so people standing at the entrance to the room can see everyones monitors, but the desks wrap around in a c shape, just without a well laid spot on the other end of it for a computer. Every single person has set up their desk backwards. Its actually super useful too, because then everyone is looking towards the managers office, so if he's standing at his door talking to us, we all see that he's there.
    I hate it when my desk is facing away from the door. It’s literally the worst shit. I do not like people walking behind me.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Class B subnets are the best get out of my face

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    If Twitter doesn't need an edit button, neither do we

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Can I still edit posts, though?

If you can, mind tossing a "l" just before the .jpg to resize it?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »

No, you cannot.

Oh god, I'm going to have to be careful about what I type. D:

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    Class B subnets are the best get out of my face

I'm fine with that, but the docker-network service is just like "Time to fire up a new network, let's gobble up a ton of addresses!"

This is an issue because our load balancer uses 172.X among its addresses, so basically we created a routing issue with a developer whose local docker lined up perfectly with a repository server I'm setting up.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Someone needs to get around to domesticating the rudy spotted cat or the black footed cat.
    Black-footed cats are highly unsociable animals that seek refuge at the slightest disturbance. When cornered, they are known to defend themselves fiercely. Due to this habit and their courage, they are called miershooptier (anthill tiger in Afrikaans) in parts of the South African Karoo. They rarely use termite mounds for cover or for bearing their young. A San legend claims that a black-footed cat can kill a giraffe by piercing its jugular. This exaggeration is intended to emphasize the bravery and tenacity of the animal.[13] The only times their solitary behavior changes is during breeding season, and among females with dependent kittens.[3][10]
    Miershooptier would make a great name for a fantasy animal.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I don't purport to really understand Heidegger or Dasein but basically he is asking, what does it mean for a thing to exist? What does "exist" mean? The capitalized "Being" is like... the property of an entity that makes it intelligible as something that exists

But he's also rejecting previous answers to this question, arguing they skip over a step, that there's a methodological error, and our language is so ill equipped to articulate this that it makes his whole book barely comprehensible

The step they skip over would be, I guess, assuming that the property that makes something exist is, itself, an entity like the thing in question

It's hard not to think it's gobbledygook

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

No, you cannot.

I edit what feels like the majority of my posts to pick up punctuation errors and swipe typing fuckups

I'm going to have to start proofreading

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I can't get on and play it until Sunday, maybe Saturday if I'm lucky, but is anyone here playing the Division 2 beta? Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of people talking about it.

I have it and played some this morning.

@elki i keep telling @Preacher i’ll check it out this weekend and i may even actually do that and not flake out on him like when i kept telling @y2jake215 i’d play fifa with him

maybe one day i will but you know me and video games

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Name the game that had this:

A Cat's Hair Moustache.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I can't get on and play it until Sunday, maybe Saturday if I'm lucky, but is anyone here playing the Division 2 beta? Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of people talking about it.

I have it and played some this morning.

What feels the same, and what feels new? How are the guns?

Cover system is very similar, swapping guns, general movement is pretty much div 1 though faster (like specifically vaulting over things is a b press versus looking over it and pressing a, and its faster).

Guns feel similar of the ones I've used with one exception (semi auto pistol, assault rifle, smg, light machine gun) there is now a "rifle" category that covers what were marksman rifles with a different reticule then they had in div 1, I know there is also a specific "sniper rifle" category that only scopes in when you LDS and you can't like get a normal non zoomed shot.

Rifle category feels not as strong as marksman rifles were in div 1, but could have just been adjusting to the new targeting and I didn't have any mods attached. Gear in general got a nice boost, even at green rarity gear will come with set bonus's that start at wearing 1 piece and went up to 3.

Skills require more active watching than they used to or at least the ones in the demo do. Like there is a flying drone like bombing strike I couldn't get to work very good, but it could have been just me. New sniper turret is pretty useful letting you pick a target and snipe them down specifically.

Time to kill, is definitely lower both ways, and the new medkit is replacing body armor with no way to like heal yourself outside of picking a skill for it. Enemies feel more aggressive, that take cover and provide cover fire on each other, grenades are also visible from when they are fired/thrown in your hud, so you can see them before they land right next to you.

More to do in the single player area, quests also have more of a personal element with helping people and settlements being paramount, establishing the division as more overall good guys than they were in Div 1.

One super annoying thing I need to figure out how to turn off, you will get constant pings from people who went down on missions near you "requesting aid". I haven't joined one of these, but when I was playing this morning it was constant.

These are my thoughts from my play session this morning

@Elki

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Whoa

Did mobile kill all style sheets?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Whoa

Did mobile kill all style sheets?

i don’t use a style sheet and things seem not correct

like the missing edit button

things seem to be going on

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I got into the beta today through a friend and that was when I found out about the beta

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    *notices that there is not edit button any more*

oh no

they're after me

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I think my sinuses have shattered from this jackknifing weather

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I don't purport to really understand Heidegger or Dasein but basically he is asking, what does it mean for a thing to exist? What does "exist" mean? The capitalized "Being" is like... the property of an entity that makes it intelligible as something that exists

But he's also rejecting previous answers to this question, arguing they skip over a step, that there's a methodological error, and our language is so ill equipped to articulate this that it makes his whole book barely comprehensible

The step they skip over would be, I guess, assuming that the property that makes something exist is, itself, an entity like the thing in question

trying to communicate all this with just capitalization, instead of exhaustive explanation, deserves a slap

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Using already existing words in several different non-ordinary senses was probably a bad idea that stuck.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »

No, you cannot.

I edit what feels like the majority of my posts to pick up punctuation errors and swipe typing fuckups

I'm going to have to start proofreading

You could just hire EM to do all your shitposting for you.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    German language is also completely designed around sein and “to be” so I feel like that can be lost in translation.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Hold on, I said I'd do emails

My shitposting schedule is full

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    @Preacher did you spend much time with the new proper snipers? Do they feel significantly stronger than than where D1 marksman rifles were?

I think I'd be pretty okay with this new rifle category, and a sniper that only has a long zoom, as long as it wrecks.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Academic jargon is often ordinary words with highly technical definitions that maybe sort of overlap with the ordinary meaning of those words, but sometimes fields go further and you end up with a word having several extremely specialized definitions depending on what art of the field or school of thought in the field you have stumbled into.

I am looking at you, moral philosophy and the definition of good and whatnot.

• Options
    Preacher did you spend much time with the new proper snipers? Do they feel significantly stronger than than where D1 marksman rifles were?

I think I'd be pretty okay with this new rifle category, and a sniper that only has a long zoom, as long as it wrecks.

I haven't gotten a new sniper to check. In the new rifle I got like a single shot 30 round rifle I thought at first was an assault rifle, and then an m-16 that was a burst firing one. They definitely were stronger than an AR but neither had the like two shot tap down of the marksman's from div 1, but I haven't gotten an m1 equiv yet.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Hold on, I said I'd do emails

My shitposting schedule is full

is it, EM

is it really

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    People who try to explain Heidegger and "being" just use regular words with italics and capitalization for emphasis, as though implying the real problem is that you don't understand those basic concepts deeply enough
    Now just because he isn't here to defend himself...

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    German language is also completely designed around sein and “to be” so I feel like that can be lost in translation.

Sein or not sein

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    No edit button?

Aw yeah motherfuckers welcome to dark souls [chat]

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    We playin for keeps now

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    No edit button?

oh n o

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    fuck

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    https://t.co/Imq9RSIdKB
    Oh my God I remember this happening, what the fuck

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    No edit button?

edit: I have an edit button

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    https://t.co/Imq9RSIdKB
    Oh my God I remember this happening, what the fuck

Man that's fucked up

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Edits are for the weak

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Damn, I wanted to italicise “weak”

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I tried to find it in the inspect viewer but I couldn’t.

I could turn off font style though and now remember that serif fonts exist.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Preacher did you spend much time with the new proper snipers? Do they feel significantly stronger than than where D1 marksman rifles were?

I haven't gotten a new sniper to check. In the new rifle I got like a single shot 30 round rifle I thought at first was an assault rifle, and then an m-16 that was a burst firing one. They definitely were stronger than an AR but neither had the like two shot tap down of the marksman's from div 1, but I haven't gotten an m1 equiv yet.

I have got an SRS A1 and it is still the business. I quite like the new rifles, but I think something with a burst like the old FAL would be the sweet spot for me so far.

Sadly I've had to finally order a new mouse because my current one's doubleclick (or failure to register a hold properly) is finally too much for me to deal with.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
This discussion has been closed.