As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Giant Bomb] Lovitz or Leave It

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    What is this specific Nicholas Cage thing with Alex and Twitter that everyone keeps referencing on the Beastcast?

Also, great job hosting by Abby!

A story in 3 parts

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    What is this specific Nicholas Cage thing with Alex and Twitter that everyone keeps referencing on the Beastcast?

edit: Beaten to it.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular

A story in 3 parts

Oh, no, there’s more. Cage himself was asked about that in a recent interview. I’m at lunch, so I can’t find it right now.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Maybe they updated it, but I like how that article refers to him as 'Twittet user.'

MichaelLC on
  • Options
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Alex Navarro's weirdly successful sojourn into being a stalwart of Weird Twitter always confuses and amazes me.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    This playdate caught fire spectacularly.

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    This playdate caught fire spectacularly.

Like...instantly.

• Options
    Dan "Dinosaurs Aren't Real" Ryckert.

• Options
    Some food crimes going on during this weeks UPF.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Ben is wearing stolen science in that segment.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Ben is wearing stolen science in that segment.

All good science is stolen.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

Oh Jesus. What were they playing?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Oh Jesus. What were they playing?

Broadway Alex was back and Dan was trying to make a point about how he doesn't immediately dismiss something because it's unusual anymore, (Like singing during story-centric productions like a theater play) and tried to liken it to how, in other works he enjoys, he already doesn't dismiss them because they're not like real life, ending with "I know Dinosaurs aren't real." Obviously he meant to say they're not alive anymore, but it was too late and everyone flipped out.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

Jesus. This hurts me in ways that are extraordinarily specific.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    If you want a parking lot wizard to remove your ability to need or ingest food, that's basically Soylent.

Also no. When Roger Ebert (shoutouts to Roger Ebert, press F to pay respects, dog) lost his jaw due to cancer surgeries, he said he didn't miss the food so much as he missed the closeness and intimacy that a meal with a close friend can provide. Sitting down and eating with someone is such a thing and it would be silly to not be able to do it.

If the wizard removed the need to eat but I could do it anyway, then that's a diff story altogether.

edit: Felt remiss to not link to the Roger Ebert blog I'm referencing

https://www.rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/nil-by-mouth

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Soylent is probably the strongest argument against the wizard thing.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    So I had a good, but weird experience this week. I was helping my wife do inventory for the store she is the manager of, and one of her employees boyfriend was also helping. I mention I’ll probably listen to some podcasts and he asks which ones. I pull out my phone to show him, and he starts freaking out in happiness when he sees the Giant bombast and Waypoint Radio. We proceeded to have a 10 minute conversation about them both.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Did he know Brad's leaving?

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Jeff B's baseball video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jp08ze-NGI

At 6:30 you can see him take some swings.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Jeff B's baseball video

but how do i watch it on cnet in a slideshow?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Bummer that mlb shut it down before he could try it.

Very baseball thing to do tbh.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Jeff B's baseball video

but how do i watch it on cnet in a slideshow?

Gotta buy the new fridges for that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    For tonight's Bombcast, the role of Jeff Gerstmann will be played by Mathew Rorie.

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    For tonight's Bombcast, the role of Jeff Gerstmann will be played by Mathew Rorie.

Thanks for the warning.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Brad teetering on the edge of falling into the DOTA hole is always enjoyable to me.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    More Underlords chat? I gotta say I’m kinda curious about these autochess/battlers/whatever you call them after seeing a few games of TFT.

But between Magic and a couple of massive crpgs I have enough time/money sinks right now.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    More Underlords chat? I gotta say I’m kinda curious about these autochess/battlers/whatever you call them after seeing a few games of TFT.

But between Magic and a couple of massive crpgs I have enough time/money sinks right now.

They're not money sinks, as far as I'm aware. I played a couple rounds of Underlords, but it's not for me.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Guest on the Aftermath this week is Jan.

Ben is still producing, so this should be good.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    oof the rebel galaxy outlaw quicklook unsold me on the game so hard. i was interested in it because rebel galaxy was great but the combat seems incredibly rough.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

They're not money sinks, as far as I'm aware. I played a couple rounds of Underlords, but it's not for me.

underlords currently has no way to put money in, TFT will let you gamble for avatars

both have fully intentions of eventually having season passes you pay for

the genre is still new enough that people are trying to identify the monetization to go with

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Jeff B's baseball video

I've opened this thread 3 times, and all 3 times this video has had a completely different thumbnail. Youtube what are you doing

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    oof the rebel galaxy outlaw quicklook unsold me on the game so hard. i was interested in it because rebel galaxy was great but the combat seems incredibly rough.

??
    It's great, put 2 awesome hours into it this afternoon. the combat is like wing commander, etc, not sure what you were expecting.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Same, liking RGO a lot though it is certainly a different game than the original Rebel Galaxy.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I haven't played any space flight "sim" in a long time but my recent upgrade to optic fibre broadband and the faint hint of Cowboy Bebop I got from the quick look might be enough for me to pick it up on a whim

• Options
    Ok cool, I got a little scared for a second. My PC's getting pretty up in age so I'll probably wait for the console release. Original Rebel Galaxy was awesome. And even though RGO is a different style of game I haven't played a proper space sim since... I dunno, Freespace? Happy to do it in the RG setting.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    There is also apparently a lock-on mode you can activate where your ship will automatically track a locked target, so you can focus on evasive manoeuvres and systems in combat instead of the endless game of Follow That Dot On The Radar.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I picked up dicey dungeons after hearing about it on waypoint, its exactly the "dice builder" game I want with terrible aesthetics that I can not stand. I am surprised it hasnt popped up on anyone at GB's radar but things seem chaotic at the moment for content.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    You don't like Dicey Dungeons visuals? Man, they are so my jam.

• Options
    Dan just revealed he doesn't know where butter comes from and it broke everyone so hard the stream died.

This discussion has been closed.