As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Giant Bomb] Lovitz or Leave It

19596979899101»

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Maybe a future project for Jan Can Cook/Ben Apetite! Afterwards they can ship the hat across the country for consumption.

Sounds like holiday spectacular content to me

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    This thread went to a real special place, huh?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I just don’t think people are designed to eat fabric or cloth.

I just don’t.

Sure, but that doesn't meant doing so will negatively effect you. (Or at least any more than Dan's insistence at eating flaming hot chips.)
    Nope. Go to jail.

You're being really weird about this.

You're the one suggesting somebody needs to eat a hat.

This is why I'm saying you're being weird about this. You should reread my posts.

I said I found it annoying (explicitly mentioned that I feel that way more than I should) that Dan made a bet to do something ridiculous with the obvious intent to never follow-up on it, having a rules-lawyered out prepared, and additionally he's not even bothering to pursue that out, instead leaving it an ambiguous "if someone BRINGS me an edible one....". Man should do his own homework. :Razz:

I then mentioned (repeatedly) that the ideal thing would be for Dan to admit he's not going to do it, rather than string it along like he will. I also mentioned how my distaste (which, again, I have fully admitted is excessive compared to how much I should really care) is tied into how Dan is constantly throwing ridiculous bets and dares out at people, and it's kind of annoying to watch when we know he'll promise big crazy things and then not even make the effort to half deliver. Especially with how loud and agitated he gets when he feels like someone else isn't sticking to the rules.

At that point I took umbrage with the idea that eating such a garment would kill you, or even significantly harm you. (With a pitstop talking about the Guinness guy who ate an airplane) and we had a conversation about that.

Ok, a couple things here. First, you're taking this too seriously across the board. Both in terms of the bet

I literally admitted this multiple times.
    and the conversation in this thread.

I mean, you just straight-up said I did something I actually didn't do. I think that's pretty weird.
    Secondly, on a more serious note, and this is the only serious point I will make on this pants-on-head-crazy topic, my cousin's dog ( a Bernese mountain dog) once ate a newborn baby's sock. Said dog almost died and would have if not for the intervention of a $4000 surgery. The reason being that, as mammals, textiles and fabrics appear nowhere on our food pyramid. Because we are not supposed to eat them.

Eh, I would suggest the reason is probably because the dog (who is half the size of someone like Dan) likely ate it one go. Which, yeah if someone just wadded up a sock and wolfed it down, it'll probably cause some problem, especially if they were a smaller fellow. If you took that sock, cut it up into tiny pieces and mixed it in with his wet dogfood (don't do this, obviously) I doubt it would have required the trip to the vet.

Ok. Well now that we've established your veterinary credentials I think you should both go to jail and be barred from owning an animal.

You're banned from the next thread, which someone can make now.

geth, close the thread

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.