As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Totally Accurate Battle Sim (EA) out today!

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Out today!

In Gathering Storm, the second expansion to Civilization VI, the world around you is more alive than ever before.

Chart a path to victory for your people by developing new advanced technologies and engineering projects and negotiating with the global community in the World Congress on critical issues.

The choices you make in the game will influence the world ecosystem and could impact the future of the entire planet. Natural disasters like floods, storms, and volcanoes can pillage or destroy your Improvements and Districts – but they may also refresh and enrich the lands after they pass.

In addition to these new systems, Civilization VI: Gathering Storm introduces eight new civilizations and nine new leaders. Seven new world wonders can be constructed, as well as a variety of new units, districts, buildings, and improvements.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/947510/Sid_Meiers_Civilization_VI_Gathering_Storm/
    Feb 14 - Civ VI Gathering Storm

Degrees of Separation is a 2D puzzle-adventure game that requires players to harness the elements of heat and cold to succeed. Two contrasting souls, Ember and Rime, are separated by an enigmatic force, and must use their respective powers to progress through a spectacular world of fantasy and adventure. Players take on the roles of Ember and Rime in single-player and cooperative multiplayer to solve the game's environmental obstacles, drawing on their unique skills to traverse through beautiful, puzzle-filled environments. The two will learn to lean on one another, their individual forces working to bring them closer together...or tear them apart.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/809880/Degrees_of_Separation/
    Feb 14 - Degrees of Separation

• Options
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    oh sick, that's the weed number

69 + 420 = 666

can't argue with math

• Options

Year 2199. Assemble an elite crew, and make allies to combat a shadowy organization threatening the future of humanity. But time is short. Make your choices quickly. And save us from extinction.

The single-player campaign offers:
    • A fully-realized universe with a detailed and extensive history.
    • Seven explorable factions, each inspired by distinct cultures and traditions, offering their own units, tactics, architectures and perspectives.
    • Eight possible companions, each with their own extensive backstory and narrative arc. Help them achieve their personal goals in order to upgrade their skills and maximize their potential in battle.

Element: Space features a battle system full of deep strategy:
    • Engage in turn-based combat and real-time exploration.
    • Approach complex, team-based tactics by combining character skills with free-form movement.
    • Outfit your squad from a selection of 32 melee and ranged weapons that allow for different play styles and strategies.
    • Unlock perks and weapons by gaining reputation with the galaxy’s factions.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/887370/Element_Space/
    Feb 14 - Element: Space

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The only way Element: Space is an acceptable name for anything is if there are previous Element games, Element: Air, Element: Dirt, so forth

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    That aesthetic looks like the SyFy TV show version of Mass Effect

• Options
    what similarities?

7Z9IupBl.jpg
    waLPDQCl.jpg

...no idea what you're talking about...

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Eastshade seems extremely neat. More games should take the basic structure of big RPGs and excise the fighting.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    can't wait to make my character choice between bog standard white dude and literally nothing else

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options

the lack of facial animation is... kinda jarring

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Trunks REALLY doesn't wanna be there.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Luffy looks like they got the design from a knockoff figurine, what's with the bulgy looking eyes man

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Sometimes a headline is just so on point it deserves recognition

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular

They are also paid by the quebec government to keep x people employed for y tax breaks because captialism doesnt exist to provide for workers

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

They are also paid by the quebec government to keep x people employed for y tax breaks because captialism doesnt exist to provide for workers

Note that I only said that the headline deserved recognition

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    It should be a semicolon instead of a comma

Bad headline

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    if any other civ heads get the expansion...i need the real scoop on if this is worth getting or not

particularly interested in if they've made the mid/late game more interesting OR if they've smoothed out the AI tropes....

one thing that's always bothered me about 6 is that the AIs are way more extreme than I can ever remember.. culture civ has 60 great works, wonder civ has every wonder, religion civ has 70 apostles on the map at any time, etc, etc

• Options
    Why is that deer got spray paint on it, how come nothing looks blasted by nuclear fire, whys far cry exists

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Jasconius wrote: »
    if any other civ heads get the expansion...i need the real scoop on if this is worth getting or not

particularly interested in if they've made the mid/late game more interesting OR if they've smoothed out the AI tropes....

one thing that's always bothered me about 6 is that the AIs are way more extreme than I can ever remember.. culture civ has 60 great works, wonder civ has every wonder, religion civ has 70 apostles on the map at any time, etc, etc

I really dislike the all in specializations the civs have in 6 it makes the opposition very predictable and you kinda have a set game plan because why not exploit your amazing bonuses

Quill has a early copy I think on youtube but it'll be a while before I get around to it my self

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I heard the Maori in Gathering Storm are both interesting and OP, so I'm culturally obligated to use them to wreck face at some point, preferably stomping the Aussie's every chance I can get, the land-stealing colonials.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019

Oh hey, Hypnospace Outlaw has a release date! I saw this at PAX South and the setup they had was an old school mechanical keyboard and a mouse hooked up to a fuckoff big CRT TV. Are you old enough to remember Netscape Navigator? Bad Winamp skins? Webrings? Desktop buddies? Do you love things laser targeted at your nostalgia? You should probably check this game out.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I can't decide if those Jumpforce characters look more like a bunch of people dressing up as anime characters to rob a bank or realdolls that have come to life.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Now that the (entirely justified) outrage is dying down a bit, I wanted to go back and signal boost this:
    Brolo wrote: »
    Arcade Spirits, a romantic visual novel, follows an alternate timeline set in the year 20XX where the 1983 video game crash never occurred. After a turbulent work history, you are granted employment at the Funplex, a popular arcade, home to a host of unique personalities and customers. Where will this new-found employment take you? Who will you meet along the way? Will you find the romance you're seeking?

Design your own character from the ground up - pronoun, hairstyle, skin tone, hair color, eye color and more are completely customizable and are reflected throughout the game in both gameplay and artwork!

With roleplaying-based choices, you will be able to grow your personality and relationships in any way you desire; Friendship, Platonic or something more intimate! Work hard and build the relationship you desire with a total of seven romanceable characters!

The Identity Identifier System, or IRIS, can track your relationship statuses with all characters throughout Arcade Spirits as well as your personality traits, from Quirky, Steady, and Kindly, to Gutsy and Basically.

Everything you choose in Arcade Spirits, from your relationships to your personality, your crisis management moments, and a myriad other decision will have an effect on the future of your arcade!
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/910630/Arcade_Spirits/
    Feb 12 - Arcade Spirits

The lead dev is a friend of mine, and I can attest that this is truly a labor of love. If you have any interest in arcades and/or spirits visual novels, check this one out.

signature.png

Free game? Free game! Well a chance at one anyway... Jump on in this giveaway! (PM me a link to your steam profile page if you need an invitation to the Adventure Team.)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Last week version 4.7 of Playnite, the open source video game library manager that lets you link games from Steam, Origin, GOG, Battle.net, Uplay and Windows Store (UWP), added support for Epic Store and itch.io game libraries.

HiT BiT on
  • Options
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Sooo.... thatgamecompany's Flower appeared on Steam today. Does that mean that Epic does not have them locked down, and Journey might come to Steam?

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Anthem releases in 2 hours if you have Origin Premier (and the servers don't catch fire)

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Well the reviews of Crackdown 3 seem to confirm the crappiness i smelled from the lack of marketing. It's too bad...I was hoping for something new and fun.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Sooo.... thatgamecompany's Flower appeared on Steam today. Does that mean that Epic does not have them locked down, and Journey might come to Steam?

Probably means that the agreement with Epic is specifically for Journey and not all of their games.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'll still try Crackdown 3 though, since with Game Pass it costs me nothing other than bandwidth

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I made the mistake of buying the Civ 6 expansion.

Oh no. my free time.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I actually decided to not give Crackdown even bandwidth after watching the trailer on Game Pass I thought it looked like some sort of extremely boring Saints Row mod

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Thanks to Ianator übergeek and destroyah87 for having some Iron Brigade fun for our TNG

Reminder for FNG is Table Top Simulator--Secret Hitler

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Apparently boxed PC copies of Metro Exodus still have the steam logo printed in the insert itself so a sticker was placed on the boxes, replacing it the Epic logo

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Apparently boxed PC copies of Metro Exodus still have the steam logo printed in the insert itself so a sticker was placed on the boxes, replacing it the Epic logo

This discussion has been closed.