Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Grinds measured in months and worth measured in GP.

167891012»

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 7
    I was able to unlock her and get 6 stars so far. My Separatists are still not that great, but I think if I shuffle some mods around I can get it done.

Edit: Update: Just beat tier 7. Used Nute Gunray as lead, put all of my best mods for speed and damage on Asajj. It still took probably 20 or so attempts, due to lots of bad RNG along the way. Got it when I had a good run. Landed lots of buff immunity and so forth. My winning team was Nute, Asajj, GG, Magna, and B2.

Lucascraft on
    Bedigunz
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Somehow got her to 7*. zNute (L, G10), zGG (G10), ZVentress (G12), Sun Fac (G8), and Droidka (G7).

Got damage immunity on Droideka early on and one-shot Padme because of the speed disparity (make him as slow as possible to maximize damage). After that, took out Anakin and Fish guy by slowing their cooldowns with Nute so they couldn't heal or damage everyone. Sun Fac handled any buffs, GG would stun, and Ventress would stun or go for big damage attacks.

At the end it was Nute with a sliver of health against GK and Mace. Nute basically extorted them until they killed themselves.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    Frymcp
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I kind of want to work on g13'ing my cls team.

I assume that's gonna be what's required for Jedi luke when he finally gets here

walrus.png
    KoopahTroopah
    The good news is that Jedi Luke is far away. Or bad news depending on your point of view. Good if you want lots of time to prepare.

The rest of this year is pretty much laid out for us. We're in Clone Wars / Prequel Trilogy land up until the Episode 9 hype train starts rolling, and we'll ride out Episode 9 through the winter probably.

That honestly puts Spring 2020 as the soonest we'll see anything from the original trilogy.

Tried the special mission with the Geonosians today and despite having all 5 characters at 6* or 7*, and all over 16,500 power, I got obliterated.

Anyone else try it?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    Not yet. I'm still working on my Geos.

They were my main focus for a bit. They were really weak when I started. Like, before this Geo TB came out my Geos were all level 1, 0 gear attached, and level 1 placeholder mods. So I was starting at nothing for them. I don't have the Brood Alpha yet because my guild asked me to farm up Ebon Hawk for platoons, so I've been building that first before I work on the Alpha.

And anyway, I started working on my Geos, got them all to around G10-G11, but then I had to stop to divert some resources to Nute and GG and B2 so that I could complete the Padme event.

And now I've gone into a hoarding mode, trying to get my gear stockpile back up for Malak, because I had pretty much depleted everything building the Separatists and the Geos.

Long story short, I don't qualify for the Geo battle yet.

Malak event is back tomorrow.

walrus.png
  • ApostateApostate Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »

What? Was there a warning or announcement I missed?

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Tried the special mission with the Geonosians today and despite having all 5 characters at 6* or 7*, and all over 16,500 power, I got obliterated.

Anyone else try it?

The one with the jedi and giant monster, right?
    Mine are all g12 with a couple extra pieces and 2 zetas on alpha, and i got obliterated too.

Seems like it's tuned for whenever the level cap gets boosted.

Funnily enough the Wat Tambor mission in phase 3 is a whole lot easier.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Apostate wrote: »

What? Was there a warning or announcement I missed?

Nope.

Lets see...I need to gear 3 LS toons, finish Carth, Juhani, and Darth Karen, get Darth Revan, and gear those 6.

...I think I wont be getting Malak this time.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    i finished farming Carth but Juhani, Canderous, and badstilla are just kind of screwed because they're behind my JTR farms in hard nodes and cantina

I Do Design | I PSN- Subtle_Ties | 3DS: 3840-5210-2008 (Subtle)
    Got him!

Using Ahnold's strat it took me about 4 tries on LS.

Making sure he doesn't flip flop back and forth on 50% health is key.

walrus.png
    I got him also. Fun event. Got the Dark Side in 1 go. LS took a couple resets to get the rhythm down, but it honestly wasn't bad.

Unfortunately for me, I blew all my gear raising Geos and Separatists, so I've only been able to take him to G7 so far.

I'll check out the videos but any recommendations up front on when to destroy the mechs and jedi pods?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    Malak absorbs a pod to heal himself when he drops to 50%. He always absorbs the pod that is the lowest health.

The common strategy is to let him absorb the one that gives him a buff that makes it so he cannot be critically hit. Because when he gets crit, he puts fear on the person who crits him. The common consensus seems to be it's a good trade to give up critical hits so that he doesn't fear your dudes.

Kill the other 3 pods if you can.

Keep the droids dead. Each thing you kill, pod or droid, is -3 to his stacking buff. When he gets to 30 stacks he enrages and will start 1 shotting your guys. But each stack also increases his overall strength. You want to keep his stacks low which means you always want to be killing droids.

The only time you ignore droids is at the end during the burst phase, when you're trying to burn Malak.

Got him!

How do you keep him from flip flopping? I get him to absorb the crit hit pod, then down the rest (and the droids), but when I get him below 50%, he life steals and gets back above 50%, so it's just a slow burn until he starts killing everyone.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    I'm honestly not sure what causes him to go into hyperactive life drain mode. Sometimes he did it and I wasn't able to out-DPS his self healing. On the time when I got my victory, he just kept auto attacking me each turn.

Bedigunz wrote: »
    Got him!

How do you keep him from flip flopping? I get him to absorb the crit hit pod, then down the rest (and the droids), but when I get him below 50%, he life steals and gets back above 50%, so it's just a slow burn until he starts killing everyone.
    The key for me was stacking offense on JKR, Mission, and Bastilla. I didn't worry about speed on them, just as much offense as possible.

Take away big enough chunks of life that he can't heal through it.

walrus.png