As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

double [chat]

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Breath of the Wild was fun, but I bounced off A Link to the Past after a few minutes. I have a ton of games on my plate before trying to re-tackle LttP, though.
    lttp is boring tbh

It's boring now in 2019. It was exciting and fresh in 199whatever.

Big mood

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Video games that are nearly thirty years old are inevitably boring

Just like people :snap:

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

nah super metroid is cool

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Spicy chicken with honey on a pizza is amazing adding waffles is the trinity of this delicious pizza pie

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular

u wot

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Back in your sadness hole, grandpa

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Get yourself to a &Pizza, order up the American Honey and be amazed

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    hey I'm not old
    I yeet my lit friends, just like you kids

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I figure it doesn't matter how good something was, after a certain point in time, the Average Joe wants nothing to do with it. If I were to offer you a choice between playing Yar's Revenge, arguably the best Atari 2600 single-player game, or the recent Far Cry New Dawn, a mediocre copy and paste attempt, the vast majority would choose New Dawn.

• Options

Super Metroid is tired.
    Hollow Night is wired.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    6o5jissqblm8.jpg

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    randomizers are the light.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    I’ve never played any Zelda game for more than a few minutes.

dude you can borrow my switch if u want

i go a month without using it all the time

sig.gif
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Anyone who would genuinely suggest that playing an Atari 2600 game was a good decision is absolutely a cop

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Anyone who would genuinely suggest that playing an Atari 2600 game was a good decision is absolutely a cop

Spoken like a Qotile double agent

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

Yar's Revenge is good.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    LOwEGiS.png

fuck you discord, don't tell me what to do

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    LOwEGiS.png

fuck you discord, don't tell me what to do

How dare they

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    like I said

cops

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

Super Metroid is tired.
    Hollow Night is wired.

hollow knight is so fucking good and they are making a sequel eeeeee

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I got an original chicken sandwich with cheese and onion rings at Burger King. Good stuff.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I got an original chicken sandwich with cheese and onion rings at Burger King. Good stuff.

i should have eaten before i drove home

now i just want to sit here

nothing sounds good and i am going to end up spending $20 on doordash

sig.gif
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Chanus your credit card is glorious

Hatas gonna hate

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I did not like Hollow Knight

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Man, I know we gotta do this dorky performative "lol old things" go-round every so often but there are a ton of great old games and people absolutely enjoy playing them. Every bar with an old Ms. Pac-Man or Galaga machine has someone plunked in front of it, popping in quarters. Those NES and Super NES classics weren't being bought straight off the pallets by nobody.

There are pleasures you can get from modern games that simply didn't exist thirty years ago, like rich narratives, the exploration of vast worlds, or multiplayer against more than like one person, but if you enjoy puzzles and reflex challenges stuff like Qix or Tetris totally holds up, the old Marios are still terrific platformers, etc.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    relatedly i would play the heck out of some starfox 64 and mario 64 and majora's mask

jacob what do you think about my dinner crisis

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    never trust a video game over 30

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Man, I know we gotta do this dorky performative "lol old things" go-round every so often but there are a ton of great old games and people absolutely enjoy playing them. Every bar with an old Ms. Pac-Man or Galaga machine has someone plunked in front of it, popping in quarters. Those NES and Super NES classics weren't being bought straight off the pallets by nobody.

There are pleasures you can get from modern games that simply didn't exist thirty years ago, like rich narratives, the exploration of vast worlds, or multiplayer against more than like one person, but if you enjoy puzzles and reflex challenges stuff like Qix or Tetris totally holds up, the old Marios are still terrific platformers, etc.

How many great old movies made before 1950 did you watch last year? I watched zero. Without a nostalgic drive, the craving just isn't there.

• Options
    Emoji are showing up in court cases exponentially, and courts aren’t prepared
    Bay Area prosecutors were trying to prove that a man arrested during a prostitution sting was guilty of pimping charges, and among the evidence was a series of Instagram DMs he’d allegedly sent to a woman. One read: “Teamwork make the dream work” with high heels and money bag emoji placed at the end. Prosecutors said the message implied a working relationship between the two of them. The defendant said it could mean he was trying to strike up a romantic relationship. Who was right?

Emoji are showing up as evidence in court more frequently with each passing year. Between 2004 and 2019, there was an exponential rise in emoji and emoticon references in US court opinions, with over 30 percent of all cases appearing in 2018, according to Santa Clara University law professor Eric Goldman, who has been tracking all of the references to “emoji” and “emoticon” that show up in US court opinions. So far, the emoji and emoticons have rarely been important enough to sway the direction of a case, but as they become more common, the ambiguity in how emoji are displayed and what we interpret emoji to mean could become a larger issue for courts to contend with.

volunteering to become an expert witness who can testify what the eggplant and peach mean

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

How many great old movies made before 1950 did you watch last year? I watched zero. Without a nostalgic drive, the craving just isn't there.

I watched the Boris Karloff Frankenstein and it was pretty awesome, to be fair.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

Get their asses Jacob

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Part of my love for BotW is it combines that sense of wonder with the original Zelda

There is a world to explore and it’s just fun

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

Tbf they are worth watching

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    joke's on you i haven't watched any movies

• Options
    Just found my tattoo place

Now to book

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    The main reason why I wanted to get into LttP was the dungeon design, and I guess I haven't given it a proper go if I haven't completed a dungeon (outside the tutorial, at least).

Also I've watched Casablanca, and that's a solid movie to eat popcorn to.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options

I know they are. They're classics. I don't have Netflix so out of curiosity, how many movies before 1950 are available on Netflix?

• Options

I know they are. They're classics. I don't have Netflix so out of curiosity, how many movies before 1950 are available on Netflix?

Hulu, when they had the Criterion collection, was your go to for this

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    My favorite old ass movie is Angels with Dirty Faces

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    My favorite old ass movie is Angels with Dirty Faces
    which volume

This discussion has been closed.