As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Convincing mionix that my autokey script is a real middle click.

So I have an old Mionix Naos 7000 that I like just fine, and I use the built in software to manage a couple of profiles for what buttons do what and what sensitivites I can switch between. I'd love a way to change these profiles on the fly, but my problem is that I currently use all of the buttons on the mouse. Except the middle wheel click, which is broken (scrolls just fine however). So I assigned the switch profile "roll" (just goes through the list in a loop command to the middle click, and made an auto key script for ctrl+0 to be a middle click. And it does not appear to work. Profiles change just fine if I assign it to the right mouse button, and ctrl+0 closes firefox tabs just fine as if it was a middle click. Is there any other way to spoof a mouse click that the mionix software will interpret as the real deal?

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    So I have an old Mionix Naos 7000 that I like just fine, and I use the built in software to manage a couple of profiles for what buttons do what and what sensitivites I can switch between. I'd love a way to change these profiles on the fly, but my problem is that I currently use all of the buttons on the mouse. Except the middle wheel click, which is broken (scrolls just fine however). So I assigned the switch profile "roll" (just goes through the list in a loop command to the middle click, and made an auto key script for ctrl+0 to be a middle click. And it does not appear to work. Profiles change just fine if I assign it to the right mouse button, and ctrl+0 closes firefox tabs just fine as if it was a middle click. Is there any other way to spoof a mouse click that the mionix software will interpret as the real deal?

My guess is that the answer is no. The software is probably listening to the mouse specifically rather than for global events.