As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox/XBL] Battlefront II SP Sucked (but Gavankar was great): A Retrospective

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Once again the old games are way more interesting than the new ones, which isn't a surprise I guess considering what they've got to work with.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    You can't give away the game twice--that includes the interesting ones.

Well, you can, but it's a bad look.

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to resist the siren's song that is the Ubisoft sale. I have no shortage of backlog to play, but I would like to pick up Watch Dogs 2 and AC: Odyssey.

Ubisoft has tons of sales, though, so I don't think I'd have to wait long for them to come back around.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    So as not to completely take over this thread yet again when DOA6 hits, I've made a thread for it here. (I figured we needed a new one since the last DOA thread, for 5, hasn't had a post in it for nearly seven years.)

Obviously any and all DOA discussion is welcome in there!

Jazz on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Metal Gear Rising is fantastic, and Republic Commando is cool if flawed.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Republic Commando is stupidly short and was so obviously planned to have a sequel, but what is there was EASILY some of my favorite Star Wars game content of all time.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Republic Commando sold me on the concept of a scifi horror style Star Wars (even if it doesn't last that long)

Metal Gear Rising is one of Platinum's absolute best games

The bonus XBO games are just icing on the cake

• Options
    Republic Commando makes me sad that the classic trilogy follow up ("Imperial Commando") and proposed Modern Warfare clones in the same setting were among the huge mountain of axed projects at LucasArts before the closure, and yet The Force Unleashed 2 wasn't.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    that Adventure Time game is supposed to be decent

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I'm not buying another Assassin's Creed game until I beat one of the other Assassin's Creed games I have. >_>

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Playing Dantes Inferno as I never played it last generation. It's ok for a kind of poor man's God of war and I'm enjoying it, but dear god why were all developers so averse to checkpoints in those days?

It's like we hadn't developed the tech to realise that maybe having a quicktime button press event with millisecond timing wasn't a good idea directly after a ten minute battle with no save

So many old games are borderline unplayable now because I just don't have the patience for that kind of bullshit anymore

Prohass on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    That was true about the Playstation 2 to the extreme, but of course, the PS2 was hugely dominant in generation.

I don't remember any Gamecube games coming out after Nintendo took the little console out back and and shot it. :sad:

There were a few, I think -- third-party stuff, mainly, like a new EA Sports title or whatever might have already been in the pipeline.

But Nintendo? They had a bunch of stuff announced for GameCube that they just shunted over to the Wii, like Super Paper Mario.

Betting that really sucked for GameCube owners who couldn't find a Wii for the first however long it was before they were easily found in stores.
    Jazz wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »
    Hmm. Kind of a weak offering I think. But I like the slow stream of additions to oXbox backwards compatibility.
    Arteen wrote: »
    Oh cool, I've always wanted to check out Republic Commando.

MGR is fine, I guess

You wound me

I love me some MGS, but MGR just wasn't really my bag. More the style of gameplay than anything else. I'll give it another go for free, though.

I got MGR for five bucks at EB Games years ago, but I think my 360 died before I ever got to play it. Been meaning to get around to it ever since it hit BC, and now there's this.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Somehow I remember MGR lacking the polish of Bayonetta II and Nier: Automata (itself a game which was missing some technical polish occasionally). I better give it another try.

On the other hand, I didn't like Vanquish and I make no apologies for that.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    GTFO

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Republic commando and bomberman? Good month.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Republic commando and bomberman? Good month.

Bomberman was February.

• Options
    Still a good month !

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    So my xbox turns on then inmediatelt powers down. I tried compressed air on it, anyone have any tips? Google tells me try a blow dryer for 40 seconds but I'm wary of that.

Edit It was just workign too but it wouldn't sign me in. Then I found out my account got hacked. Reset it and now it keeps doing this. I am very sad. I'm broke and can't afford to replace it.

RickRude on
  • Options
    Blow dryer trick didn't change a thing

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Unplug it completely from everything for a few minutes. Also try booting without being connected to the net.

• Options
    As I always suggest, if you live anywhere near a Microsoft store, it can be worth the one hour drive to get an exchange--even if you're technically outside the warranty period. Just call in advance, schedule an appointment, and describe the situation.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Yeah based on my experience there is always a chance they'll just shrug and hand you a new one.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Anyone having any issues with Live? I haven't been able to connect since last night...

3DS, phone, firestick, and computer still connect to my router just fine so I can't figure it out.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Anyone having any issues with Live? I haven't been able to connect since last night...

3DS, phone, firestick, and computer still connect to my router just fine so I can't figure it out.

I was on last night for several hours, no disconnects or anything

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Weird. I've tried hard wired and wireless, but neither work. I've been having issues with my switch too, but like I said phone, tablet, firestick, 3DS, computer, etc. all work fine.

Anyone know what the switch and one would have in common that could keep them from connecting?

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Blocked ports on your router.

Also I was on Live earlier this morning.

Heffling on
  • Options
    As I always suggest, if you live anywhere near a Microsoft store, it can be worth the one hour drive to get an exchange--even if you're technically outside the warranty period. Just call in advance, schedule an appointment, and describe the situation.

Closest one is 2 hours away :(

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Weird. I've tried hard wired and wireless, but neither work. I've been having issues with my switch too, but like I said phone, tablet, firestick, 3DS, computer, etc. all work fine.

Anyone know what the switch and one would have in common that could keep them from connecting?

Are they getting IP address, DNS server etc automatically from your router’s DHCP server, or have you configured them manually to use, say, an alternate DNS that they may be having trouble reaching?

If they’re getting an IP address, is it in one of the default IP ranges (192.168.xxx.xxx is most common for home) or is it in the 169.254.xxx.xxx range that says it can’t talk to your DHCP server?

If you connect the Xbone directly to your cable or DSL modem, does it connect to live? If not, the problem is upstream from you. If so, then move it back behind your router and check again. If you have, say, a router to a switch to a WAP, then move it one step away from the internet at a time testing.

I got nothing specific to the bone/switch/live but that’s just general network troubleshooting. I’ve had a lot of cheap (network) switches over the years that have just decided to die on me. In one case, one of them had an AC adapter that had gotten kinked enough to occasionally short out and take out the entire network segment but that would magically resolve itself when I moved stuff around to troubleshoot and the power cable would unkink.

• Options
    Just so confused as they were working a couple days ago. I didn't change anything, unless something changed with my ISP overnight.

• Options
    Just so confused as they were working a couple days ago. I didn't change anything, unless something changed with my ISP overnight.

My ISP once locked down every port except for webpages because of torrent use.

• Options
    Question, is there a way to suspend my gold service while my xbox is broke? It may be awhile before I get a new one.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    RickRude wrote: »
    Question, is there a way to suspend my gold service while my xbox is broke? It may be awhile before I get a new one.

You can cancel it on xbox.com

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options

Figured that would be my only option. Set it up to not auto renew, was hoping I could suspend it and reactivate my remaining time somehow.

• Options

Figured that would be my only option. Set it up to not auto renew, was hoping I could suspend it and reactivate my remaining time somehow.

You can still grab Games with Gold via the website, so don't forget to do that while your subscription is still active.

• Options

Closest one is 2 hours away :(

It might be worth it--or it might not. If it sounds like it might, by all means contact the location directly and explain the situation. If they agree to replace it over the phone, you're pretty much "golden"--I'd be extremely surprised if they changed their mind (they're more likely to take a rejection and turn it into an acceptance).

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
  • Options
    Ah that feeling when you dominate the match . I should play more last titan standing, lots of great moments . Also I have what could be my funniest sequence in this game yet. Waiting at a battery for a unsuspecting pilot to disembark to get it only for him to be instantly killed was hilarious. Poor dude tried it again next round but he put his titan in between me and him . By the time he disembarked and got back on it was already on the verge of dying and I finished it with him inside. Plus one round I tore through 3/4 of them back to back.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Ah that feeling when you dominate the match . I should play more last titan standing, lots of great moments . Also I have what could be my funniest sequence in this game yet. Waiting at a battery for a unsuspecting pilot to disembark to get it only for him to be instantly killed was hilarious. Poor dude tried it again next round but he put his titan in between me and him . By the time he disembarked and got back on it was already on the verge of dying and I finished it with him inside. Plus one round I tore through 3/4 of them back to back.

wrong thread? o_o

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Playing titanfall so I just post it in the general xbox thread since the tf2 thread is dead.

• Options

Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

This discussion has been closed.