Options

let me ask ya'll a question

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Wasn't there a museum Goosebumps CYOA that taught you to always check for electricity with the back of your hand and not your palm and like, double killed you with a fakeout option to escape a T-Rex with an item that wasn't in the book? It also had some gimmick of like, multiple pages per actual book page.

Yes

It also had the possibility of getting abducted by aliens

Technically everything you do has that possibility.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Wasn't there a museum Goosebumps CYOA that taught you to always check for electricity with the back of your hand and not your palm and like, double killed you with a fakeout option to escape a T-Rex with an item that wasn't in the book? It also had some gimmick of like, multiple pages per actual book page.

Yes

According to fox news its the biggest threat to America

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
  • Options

Yes

Actually according to fox news I'm the biggest threat to America

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Sorry I only respond to questions when axed.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Yes

I mean in your specific case they're not wrong but that's because of your ever growing army of demonic horrors.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »

Yes

I mean in your specific case they're not wrong but that's because of your ever growing army of demonic horrors.

Oh I abandoned that project. Turns out demonic horrors actually love capitalist fascism

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I once as a kid took a look at an anthology of short horror stories (relatively tame, now I think about it, but still they got to me).

One story involved a bunch of asshole kids who mocked and pissed off a girl who turned out to be some sort of witch, who cursed them to have everything they say be true. Which they laughed off initially, as asshole horror story protagonists tend to do.

I got as far as one of the kids saying “man, these mosquitos are eating me alive.” before closing the book and returning it to the library.

Enlong on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Yes

Oh I abandoned that project. Turns out demonic horrors actually love capitalist fascism

GOD DAMN IT.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I don't think about this because I think I was older than the Goosebumps target audience when they came out.
    But I do think about the fact that CYOA works better as 'Cover Your Own Ass'

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Enlong wrote: »
    I once as a kid took a look at an anthology of short horror stories (relatively tame, now I think about it, but still they got to me).

One story involved a bunch of asshole kids who mocked and pissed off a girl who turned out to be some sort of witch, who cursed them to have everything they say be true. Which they laughed off initially, as asshole horror story protagonists tend to do.

I got as far as one of the kids saying “man, these mosquitos are eating me alive.” before closing the book and returning it to the library.

You'd think they would've learned very quickly

Platy on
  • Options
    Man that's a dumb curse you could easily take advantage of.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    E
    Platy wrote: »

If I remember correctly, that was the first thing to happen after the curse started. It was a hot day and the bugs were out in force.

• Options

It's surprisingly hard to reprogram your language quickly/at will. There's a whole class of party games and improv setups built around that fact. In a scenario where one poorly phrased idiom could kill you I doubt any of us would survive

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Those Goosebump CYA books were way spookier and more fucked up then any of the main series.

Except for the one where it was a messed up summer camp and the kid tried to escape and in the end it was all a training program to prepare him for a trip to a mysterious planet called Earth

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

It's surprisingly hard to reprogram your language quickly/at will. There's a whole class of party games and improv setups built around that fact. In a scenario where one poorly phrased idiom could kill you I doubt any of us would survive

Especially a high stress situation

Like, if you just saw your friend murdered by thousands of mosquitoes, I don't think you're gonna be thinking rationally about your language

• Options
    The next one probably said, "jeez, what a scary thing that just happened, I'm dying of fright"

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Oh man, I just can't stop having sex with attractive people, said the next kid.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Hermano wrote: »
    Hermano wrote: »
    Sliding forever meaning you don't die or until you die of dehydration or whatever?

Eventually your clothes and skin would be worn away

Ooh yeah, friction would be a bastard

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    "The curse is broken" says the smart one (none of them are smart/clever/well read enough obv)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    "Give me all the bacon"

• Options

If I had 100 dollars for everything I've ever eaten I'd be a rich man who is no longer affected by curses said the last

• Options

If I had 100 dollars for everything I've ever eaten I'd be a rich man who is no longer affected by curses said the last

That statement does nothing because it's a conditional.

• Options

Stomach full of money (deliberately misreading for as an exchange)

Either dies quickly, due to the large amounts of mass suddenly rupturing his digestive system

Or slightly slower, due to the poison of accumulated chemicals and residue

• Options

sexual assault

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

That statement does nothing because it's a conditional.

Damn you grammar!

• Options
    Trying to get ahead with a curse is asking for it to backfire, imo.

• Options
    I guess my bacon thing also wouldn't work

• Options
    I once had to write a scary story in primary school and I wrote one about a piano with teeth (actually the one in Super Mario 64) and my teacher thought it was too bizarre

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    "Just give me a minute, Billy!" Shouted Chuck. "That left-over chilly is making me shit my goddamn brains out! Oooooauuuuuuughgh"

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    1 3 2
    1 3 2
    I chose red instead of blue

broken image link
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    "Just give me a minute, Billy!" Shouted Chuck. "That left-over chilly is making me shit my goddamn brains out! Oooooauuuuuuughgh"

chico should never be allowed to write children's books

... on second thoughts, chico should only be allowed to write children's books

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

chico should never be allowed to write children's books

... on second thoughts, chico should only be allowed to write children's books

Ah the crwth webcomics thread gambit

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    losers ahead

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'm impressed that Stine managed to keep up the pace of his writing for so long, and without using ghostwriters

• Options
    1 3 2
    1 3 2
    I chose red instead of blue

This bit is forever burned into my brain yeah

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    I'm impressed that Stine managed to keep up the pace of his writing for so long, and without using ghostwriters

Oh he had ghost writers. Muahahahaha

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

Yes

But you're still a friend to children, right?

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Yes

But you're still a friend to children, right?

not the british children

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Of course Pip would get George Washington and Gamera confused.