As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Washington]šŸ¦€Tim Eyman fined $2.6M, banned from directing political cmte financesšŸ¦€

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: Ā»
    My commute takes me past a couple of lakes

Both had people out on the ice, which is a rarity

Must be a little, "Kraken" fever, going around, I presume?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    My commute takes me past a couple of lakes

Both had people out on the ice, which is a rarity

Man I dunno if I'd ever trust frozen lakes in this area even in eastern washington where in theory they'd have been frozen longer. Is it normal for them to totally freeze over there?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    You really donā€™t want to hear ā€œkrakenā€ when youā€™re on the ice

Either you misheard and youā€™re about to fall in, or a giant squid is about to come up

Neither is ideal

Iā€™m in NE Washington and we have a lot of little lakes that freeze but it takes more guts than I have to go out onto the ice

ā€œI was quick when I came in here, Iā€™m twice as quick nowā€
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    You really donā€™t want to hear ā€œkrakenā€ when youā€™re on the ice

Either you misheard and youā€™re about to fall in, or a giant squid is about to come up

Neither is ideal

Iā€™m in NE Washington and we have a lot of little lakes that freeze but it takes more guts than I have to go out onto the ice

Yeah no way in hell I'd be out on that. Hell I don't think I'd go out on a north dakota lake that'd been frozen since october.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Thereā€™s one I passed thatā€™s surrounded by steep mountains and apparently they havenā€™t found the bottom in a few places.

They donā€™t freeze solid, just the top several inches at best.

Otherwise people couldnā€™t ice fish

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    The ground is covered and it's still coming down out near La Push. We're the only people here, all other reservations canceled for fear of the weather.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Sticking downtown, even on the streets. Looks like it might even be a right proper snowmageddgon

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Sticking downtown, even on the streets. Looks like it might even be a right proper snowmageddgon

Sticking in Northgate and the on/offramps to I5. Just got back, it wasn't too bad even with just RWD, but I can definitely see it getting really dicey by the early morning.

• Options
    David WalgasDavid Walgas Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Sticking in Cap Hill. Gonna be a nice weekend rollin in the park. Iā€™d say around half to an inch

David Walgas on
  • Options
    Stay safe and donā€™t go out unless you have to

And if you do, be prepared

• Options

This morning a federal judge blocked the sale and closure of the National Archives facility in Seattle. Our coalition stopped the federal government's unlawful plan to sell the Archives and scatter the DNA of our region thousands of miles away.

This was one of Trumpā€™s many deeply harmful institutional vandalisms and it kind of flew under the radar so this is good news.

• Options
    David WalgasDavid Walgas Registered User regular
    Kinda nervous, my 2nd vaccine shot is on Sunday

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    My little sister got hers a few days ago and said it made her feel like butts for a couple days but afterwards she was right as rain.

Also, man it's COLD. I haven't been this cold since I lived in Wyoming! How's a guy supposed to smoke in these conditions what the hell?

• Options
    Whooops, all snow.

fcbo17k0tj0u.jpg

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It looks like a foot has piled up here already. I am so happy. I really hope the power stays on so I can stay so happy. <3

• Options
    Bothell got a ton of snow. Though I'm sure it'll be gone in a day or so, this feels like the most in a while.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    When we bought this house in Lynnwood, it had this old and rusty canopy over part of the deck. We figured it would be something we replaced down the line but it was useful to hold onto in the short term. Well the snow took care of it while I was shoveling the driveway so I guess I'm going to have a junk company haul it away when everything melts.

• Options
    Artereis wrote: Ā»
    When we bought this house in Lynnwood, it had this old and rusty canopy over part of the deck. We figured it would be something we replaced down the line but it was useful to hold onto in the short term. Well the snow took care of it while I was shoveling the driveway so I guess I'm going to have a junk company haul it away when everything melts.

Ahh damn sorry to hear about that, hopefully nothing was underneath it?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    It's still snowing in Vancouver

Sterica wrote: Ā»
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Ringo wrote: Ā»
    It's still snowing in Vancouver

It was snowing here until very recently. Supposedly its going to turn to rain later tonight so it'll be that weird washington weather where we'll have a foot of snow disappear over night. Flood watch a hoy.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AimAim Registered User regular
    I wasn't joking when I said we ran for the hills, we rented a house to get out of town for a few days. We also have a canopy in our backyard, which at this point I'm calling shrodinger's canopy.

• Options
    It looks like a foot has piled up here already. I am so happy. I really hope the power stays on so I can stay so happy. <3

Took me a minute to realize you meant snow and not the regional mystery where feet keep washing up on beaches

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

Took me a minute to realize you meant snow and not the regional mystery where feet keep washing up on beaches

When you hunt Bigfoot, Bigfoot also hunts you

Sterica wrote: Ā»
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    "Oh they are just from people who died years ago and the feet are just washing up now." and yet I don't think they've ever been directly identified to specific people who died at sea...

Swear to god the foot thing is like the one creepy as mystery that no one is looking into, the other one is exactly where "renton" is.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AimAim Registered User regular
    We do seem to be fertile ground for serial killers.

• Options
    Aim wrote: Ā»
    We do seem to be fertile ground for serial killers.

Green River, Ted Bundy, the mariners (look they killed childhoods THEY'RE MONSTERS!), Howard Schultz. The list goes on.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: Ā»
    "Oh they are just from people who died years ago and the feet are just washing up now." and yet I don't think they've ever been directly identified to specific people who died at sea...

Swear to god the foot thing is like the one creepy as mystery that no one is looking into, the other one is exactly where "renton" is.

As someone from Renton, we're not quite Kent, we're not quite Bellevue, but maaaaaaaaaaaan, we are funny

So to answer your question, I don't know

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Itā€™s next to Tukwila is all I know

iā€™ve never been

• Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    There's an Ikea there. But it's also sort of not in Renton so

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Doc wrote: Ā»
    There's an Ikea there. But it's also sort of not in Renton so

It makes more sense looking at it on a map, but I think the issue is that I don't know that I've ever really driven through Renton. I'm always approaching whatever place I want to visit from the edges. So it feels really wacky because there is no internal consistency in my brain. And also Kent, Tukwilla, and Renton all meet is some very nebulous area. Somewhere in that valley one ends, and the other begins, but I'm not sure anyone actually knows where.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Damn the snow was beautiful this weekend in Edmonds. Took a walk to galumph through fresh powder and it was glorious. Looks like rain is already starting to wash it away though which makes me sad, but I suppose we have to stay off the roads now even more so with the inevitable wave of black ice.

• Options
    We barely made the Bainbridge ferry! Never gotten back from Quillayute that fast before, but damn if we're gonna sit around two hours for the next ferry.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    mercer island is going to criminalize homelessness

https://publicola.com/2021/02/15/mercer-island-plans-homeless-ban-shakeup-at-homelessness-authority/
    At a Mercer Island City Council meeting last month, Councilmember Jake Jacobson said the proposed ordinance ā€œaddresses public safety concerns [about] people who, but for this ordinance, would be staying in public properties for an infinite period of time and certainly are in a position to be of concern to people on the island. Fearā€”there is fear out there, and this is a way to deal with it.ā€

ā€œAnd if people say they donā€™t want help and say, ā€˜Iā€™m not going into shelter,'ā€ Jacobson continued, ā€œthen they have made a decision to opt into the justice system.ā€
    The bill defines ā€œavailableā€ broadly, allowing police to enforce the law against people who canā€™t be admitted to their designated shelter because of the ā€œvoluntary actions of that person,ā€ including :intoxication, drug use, unruly and/or assaultive behavior and like behaviors.ā€ Under proposed ordinance, for example, if a homeless man was ineligible for the lone menā€™s shelter because he was exhibiting behavioral health symptoms that made him ā€œunruly,ā€ he could be seen as refusing shelter and jailed.

Shorty on
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    mercer island is going to criminalize homelessness

https://publicola.com/2021/02/15/mercer-island-plans-homeless-ban-shakeup-at-homelessness-authority/
    At a Mercer Island City Council meeting last month, Councilmember Jake Jacobson said the proposed ordinance ā€œaddresses public safety concerns [about] people who, but for this ordinance, would be staying in public properties for an infinite period of time and certainly are in a position to be of concern to people on the island. Fearā€”there is fear out there, and this is a way to deal with it.ā€

ā€œAnd if people say they donā€™t want help and say, ā€˜Iā€™m not going into shelter,'ā€ Jacobson continued, ā€œthen they have made a decision to opt into the justice system.ā€
    The bill defines ā€œavailableā€ broadly, allowing police to enforce the law against people who canā€™t be admitted to their designated shelter because of the ā€œvoluntary actions of that person,ā€ including :intoxication, drug use, unruly and/or assaultive behavior and like behaviors.ā€ Under proposed ordinance, for example, if a homeless man was ineligible for the lone menā€™s shelter because he was exhibiting behavioral health symptoms that made him ā€œunruly,ā€ he could be seen as refusing shelter and jailed.

I wonder if they are going to build a new mental health facility to account for all those who are homeless because of psychosis etc.

Somehow I doubt it.

Whippy wrote: Ā»
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I guess I'm not surprised Mercer Island is doing this

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Cursed island

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Mercer sucks so bad the state realized they could charge you money just to avoid it while crossing the lake.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    it plays into my theory that most people do not believe homelessness has a solution, or even really think there ought to be

I suspect that the folks who support this secretly think anyone without a house should just be destroyed by the county like they do with ill-behaved dogs

Shorty on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    it plays into my theory that most people do not believe homelessness has a solution, or even really want to find one

I suspect that the folks who support this secretly think anyone without a house should just be destroyed by the county like they do with ill-behaved dogs

People consider homelessness to be a threat to use against those without power to ensure their compliance.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Cursed island

Can we just drops them bridges and let them implode by themselves? Maybe accept the whole island as lost. Pretend it's like Atlantis.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
This discussion has been closed.