As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Washington]🦀Tim Eyman fined $2.6M, banned from directing political cmte finances🦀

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    What’s with all this snow, eh?

I’m just south of Puyallup and it’s been snowing all day! That certainly didn’t help the supermarket crowds.

Snowin to beat the band over here in Spoklahoma too.

Also, WinCo was a goddamn fever dream nightmare earlier! People were polite, but there was a lot of tension in the air you know? Also the line went from the checkstands all the way to the back of the store it was fuckin gnarly.

Someone on facebook recently asked if Winco could be open an hour earlier just for the elderly to shop. I had to explain that WinCo is open 24 hours, and if you wanted to beat the rush, you basically need to show up just past midnight when they're restocking.

I thought about driving there last week, but then realized that it was probably a terrible idea.

Ours is normally open 24 hours but right now they're closing 12-7 to restock and disinfect.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Lemme clarify:

Kaiser is doing tests, but in order to keep test kits available, you can’t get a test just by asking. There’s an algorithm for testing based on your symptoms, your proximity to other sick people, and your type of employment.

All that to say, nobody is not getting tested who seems likely to have it. However, if you’re stable, we still advise you to stay at home and manage your symptoms yourself in isolation than risk exposing other sick people or hospital staff.

Think about COVID like a broken toe; If you come into the ER just to get a diagnosis, it’s not going to affect your treatment unless something is unusually wrong. Just getting a positive COVID result won’t change the way you need to be medically treated unless you’re also unstably ill.

COVID+ with unmanageable fevers, rigors, breathing difficulty = “put on a mask and go to an ER attached to a big hospital with an ICU unit”

COVID+ but you just have a cough and manageable fevers = “stay your ass at home and don’t infect others”

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    It's funny, I'm sure they arent mentioning the algorithm, because people would get all mad and demand that they know better than a computer, but if you told me that's why I couldn't get a test, I'd be more understanding than just "the CDC guidelines say"...

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    My company has decided to stop publishing brokers opens/public open houses in our system, and I just had a broker complain "We're all adults we can make this choice" for an industry that is 55+ on average. God damn people just would kill themselves if they thought they'd make a buck.

I don't know what any of those terms mean but I'm sure it's funny.

Real estate industry. Basically people want to be able to have unregulated gatherings to potentially sell houses in the middle of an outbreak

Look, I'm not saying any group deserves to get sick and potentially die...but damn are real estate people consistently the worst.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    It's funny, I'm sure they arent mentioning the algorithm, because people would get all mad and demand that they know better than a computer, but if you told me that's why I couldn't get a test, I'd be more understanding than just "the CDC guidelines say"...

Yeah a lot of people are upset that “they can’t get tested,” but the truth is that for most of them, even a positive result won’t change anything; there’s no special medicine or treatment we’re giving for positive results. If you’re sick but stable, stay home. You don’t need a confirmed test.

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »

Yeah a lot of people are upset that “they can’t get tested,” but the truth is that for most of them, even a positive result won’t change anything; there’s no special medicine or treatment we’re giving for positive results. If you’re sick but stable, stay home. You don’t need a confirmed test.

I realize that's true medically, but our system is definitely fucked in a way that having a positive result suddenly makes common sense quarantines viable without losing your job or w/e

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular

The flaw with that argument is that there are a lot of businesses where the managers are asshole enough to make you come in to work unless you're actually confirmed to have the virus. Especially in retail.

• Options
    It’s not a flaw in the argument, really. We have to conserve testing until we’re able to provide them to more people.

It’s a flaw with our culture that businesses are still allowed to force people to come into work during a global pandemic shutdown.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I've actually been surprised with the response the less Trump fondling local conservatives/libertarians have had towards the shutdowns, which is that we need to stop doing it state by state, county by county, and just as a country put a pause on things.

Brody on

• Options
    evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular

The flaw with that argument is that there are a lot of businesses where the managers are asshole enough to make you come in to work unless you're actually confirmed to have the virus. Especially in retail.

I feel we really should have started diagnosing COVID 19 from symptoms the instant we found out there was a problem with the test. If you have the symptoms of COVID 19, you don't need a test to tell you that you should stay home, and anyone you've interacted with in the last few days should stay home as well. And if a bunch of people with the flu get caught by that? They should be staying home as well.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    The Seattle Rep has cancelled the rest of their season in the face of COVID concerns.

As a theater technician, I'm starting to sweat bullets over here. My healthcare is tied to my job, and if I don't have a job to go back to, I won't have healthcare soon enough. 😬

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    The only reason I have health care is because WA expanded medicaid through the ACA. So while it may not be as good as what you have now there are still options here if you're unemployed.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    The Seattle Rep has cancelled the rest of their season in the face of COVID concerns.

As a theater technician, I'm starting to sweat bullets over here. My healthcare is tied to my job, and if I don't have a job to go back to, I won't have healthcare soon enough. 😬

If you don't have a job, hit up Washington Apple Health.

https://www.hca.wa.gov/health-care-services-supports/apple-health-medicaid-coverage

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

If you don't have a job, hit up Washington Apple Health.

https://www.hca.wa.gov/health-care-services-supports/apple-health-medicaid-coverage

I have a stockpile of about four months of healthcare, currently. Hopefully, if this crisis persists, I'll be able to enroll in a plan without a significant lapse in coverage.

Hopefully.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    My company has decided to stop publishing brokers opens/public open houses in our system, and I just had a broker complain "We're all adults we can make this choice" for an industry that is 55+ on average. God damn people just would kill themselves if they thought they'd make a buck.

I don't know what any of those terms mean but I'm sure it's funny.

Real estate industry. Basically people want to be able to have unregulated gatherings to potentially sell houses in the middle of an outbreak

Look, I'm not saying any group deserves to get sick and potentially die...but damn are real estate people consistently the worst.

Hearing the kind of dumb bullshit I've heard recently I'm not saying you're wrong.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AimAim Registered User regular

We're season holders, and we bought next year's season as well. Hopefully it will help them ride this over and reopen when possible.

• Options
    Aim wrote: »

We're season holders, and we bought next year's season as well. Hopefully it will help them ride this over and reopen when possible.

From the bottom of my heart: thank you for your patronage. When this crisis ends, all of us are going to do our utmost to make sure there's worthwhile live entertainment to be had in Seattle, in whatever form it takes.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Dont think thisbhas been shared but its 3 now

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I just got on the stream, did I just miss him say that businesses could apply to stay open or for a financial grant?

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Didnt catch that but theyre doing a 30 day ban on evictions and removing the week window before you can apply for UI

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Wrong Thread

wobblyheadedbob on
  • Options
    Id be a little surprised if serious lockdown measures hit in washington. There's some indication that social distancing and the measures taken so far have been fairly effective.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Id be a little surprised if serious lockdown measures hit in washington. There's some indication that social distancing and the measures taken so far have been fairly effective.

Honestly the greatest example of how effective the campaign has been is in western washington which has had a couple really gorgeous days and yet I don't see very many/any people out. Local grocery stores are also trying to host hours of shopping for the vulnerable so they can come in and get supplies.

I hope we can be a beacon for the rest of the nation, but I also know they are building a field hospital in shoreline, and we are a long way from seeing the end of this.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    My store was packed.

Fred Meyer in Ballard was pretty empty. I passed a whole lot of other runners on the road to Discovery, but we all split to opposite sides of the sidewalk on approach.

• Options

Honestly the greatest example of how effective the campaign has been is in western washington which has had a couple really gorgeous days and yet I don't see very many/any people out. Local grocery stores are also trying to host hours of shopping for the vulnerable so they can come in and get supplies.

I hope we can be a beacon for the rest of the nation, but I also know they are building a field hospital in shoreline, and we are a long way from seeing the end of this.

Keeping disengaged from everyone is what we've been training for all our lives.

Getting hit hard early very well end up being a blessing in diguise.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    My dad drives a schoolbus and is gonna be helping distribute meals and stuff, which is really cool and I'm super proud of him, but it also seems pretty risky given that he's gettin older and he's got immune deficiency and stuff going on. Worrying about it won't help but I'm probably gonna anyway just in case.

• Options
    My dad drives a schoolbus and is gonna be helping distribute meals and stuff, which is really cool and I'm super proud of him, but it also seems pretty risky given that he's gettin older and he's got immune deficiency and stuff going on. Worrying about it won't help but I'm probably gonna anyway just in case.

I'm sure they are doing what they can to avoid being in a situation where infection can happen, but I hope he comes through this ok. He's doing much needed work for those kids.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Mayabird wrote: »
    That is definitely something I didn't see coming.

I know you didn't mean this as a joke, but the fact that Habib is legally blind makes this a deeply ironic comment.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i like that he's a blind Catholic lawyer. i assume he will also be dedicating more time to fighting the Kingpin

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular

I know you didn't mean this as a joke, but the fact that Habib is legally blind makes this a deeply ironic comment.

:o Oh gosh I forgot about that.

• Options

:o Oh gosh I forgot about that.

Its ok he can't see what you wrote about him.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    for awhile I legit thought that he wore sunglasses in all his official photos just because he is extremely cool

• Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I voted for him the first time he ran for office, back when I lived in Redmond. I've always liked him, and quitting politics when he had a pretty clear shot at the governorship, in order to help people in need more directly, is exactly the kind of thing I'd expect him to do.

Though perhaps he doesn't quite realize the significant value of having actually decent people in government, in the end he should do what he feels he needs to do.

Respect.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    Nothing but respect for a person who chooses a path that leads to a selfless path because they feel its their calling.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I got really excited for a minute because I thought it was Inslee deciding not to run again so he can become a priest

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    inslee is probably the best governor we've had in my lifetime but it's a really low bar to clear

• Options
    If Inslee had declared a rent holiday during this crisis, he'd be the best governor we'd had in my lifetime + my parents' lifetime.

Alas, he did.

• Options
    Could a state governor declare that? That seems kind of outside their abilities?

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Could a state governor declare that? That seems kind of outside their abilities?

Thats going to vary a lot by state, but most of them will have more authority to do so than the President

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.