As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DVD menu creator program? Plus Roxio MyDVD problem

stixs4321stixs4321 Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I don't understand Roxio easy media creator 9 and from what I've read on their support forum the software is garbage with many bugs and crashes. I created a few DVDs, one contained mpg1 files and about 40 videos and it runs fine on all DVD players in the house. I created a second DVD with mpg2 files (better quality) and 17 videos. The second DVD will only run on newest DVD player in the house and on computers. One DVD player won't even load the DVD and the other will play 17 seconds into any video on the DVD then freeze.

I know its not the DVD I used as it was the same as the first which ran fine. Could it be the mpg2 files but I doubt that since the program will convert the files before burning to its needed format. Could it be some of the videos on the second DVD are simply longer than the first DVD and that just fucks the program/DVD?

If anyone has experience with this or has a workaround it'd be appreciated.

Second if anyone knows of a good program that can create DVDs with very customizable menus and easy to use much like Roxio Easy Media Creator 9.

stixs4321 on