Options

[Dead or Alive 6 & X3] Stop sniggering at the back there

12346»

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    After having sunk maybe 3-4 hours into it last night, it feels like they're really banking a lot on the player being big into taking pictures of the girls and the whole photography mode thing. They have obviously invested a lot of resources into that (game resources, i.e. development time, UI, itemization, artwork, and so forth). But for me, I'm actually interested in the mini-games and actual gameplay, and the game feels kinda lacking in that department.

I'm not like, upset or anything. I just wish there was a bit more substance. It seems like much of the development time was invested into the lechery engine. Which I guess I should have assumed would be the case.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that as well. I wanted more time to play the mini games than photography mode. I honestly wish there was a mode where you can just play the mini games by themselves instead of as a "date".

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Jazz wrote: »
    Yeah, unfortunately they aren't there and it seems pretty clear they aren't joining. It's a shame, because in most other ways I think DOAX3 is a bit of a return to form after the problems of X2.

DOA volleyball games are definitely a welcome topic of discussion in this thread, though - there's at least a few of us playing them!

Hopefully at least a couple of your favourite characters made the cut.

I dunno. X2 had jet ski races. As far as I can tell, X3 does not. So I dunno about it being a return to form. Unless you're talking about the actual volleyball, I guess.

I would agree if I'd found the jet ski races any fun. Call me crazy but I'd got visions of Wave Race 64 in my head and it... wasn't like that. It was a great idea but I felt it was extremely poorly executed.

That said, I'd also hoped it would be back for X3, and done better. It was a disappointment that they didn't even try.

And yeah, I guess I was referring mostly to the volleyball. I don't have a problem with the photography in the game - it is what it is - but it leans into it so damn hard that you can kind of see where their priorities were. Bit of a shame after the game took so long to come out.

The first XBV is still probably the best one, but of course you need an original Xbox to play it.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    So I have yet to figure this out. What is the difference between Scarlet and the original flavor version that came out earlier for the Vita and PS4? I played the Vita off and on for a while and sucked at the pool hopping event, and could hardly beat any team higher difficulty than Medium or whatever it is past Easy.

AFAIK Scarlet just has more characters. Leifang returns and there's a handful of new characters. I've not seen anything that shows there's anything else new, but I've not played Scarlet (I just have Fortune, the first PS4 version).

• Options
    Ah ok. Guess that would make sense.

Now I'm tempted to go play it again and see if I can one day finish the game with every lady.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    On the Twitter: Lobby Match update (1.03b) is schedule for April 11th.

I do hope that this will allow people with a full version play against people with the free version, because that way it may entice people the buy the game/DLCs, right?

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Oh yeah, they'll be fully compatible, that's just how the game is set up.

Once that update is out we can try to schedule long-overdue PA games!

• Options
    Lobby system had been added!

And I think they’ve added some Nyotengu and Phase 4 quests to DAO Quest.

Did Nyotengu have the wrestler mask with long nose before, on the navel-cleavage suit?

• Options
    I just noticed under the Titles -> Online at the bottom that two titles have been added:
    - Win against a player who has more than 5 consecutive victories in a Lobby match
    - Play 100 lobby matches in tag teams with other players

So tag teams can be expected in the future?

• Options
    We can but hope!

• Options
    Played a bit of Lobby with a mate (private lobby, 2 player) and you earn 450 gold if you win, 200 gold if you lose, and between 100-250 costume parts.

My mate, playing the free version, started with no gold, so it’ll take a while for him to earn his 10k gold for his Kasumi costume he unlocked.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    We can but hope!

That would literally be a game changer for me. That, and putting names back on the movelist.

Also, I like the new thread title.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    OP finally inspired me to watch DOA: Dead or Alive. That's not going to win any awards, but it was 90ish minutes well spent. It definitely felt like a forgotten direct-to-VHS movie from 1986 that had somehow languished in a vault for twenty years before breaking free. :)

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    OP finally inspired me to watch DOA: Dead or Alive. That's not going to win any awards, but it was 90ish minutes well spent. It definitely felt like a forgotten direct-to-VHS movie from 1986 that had somehow languished in a vault for twenty years before breaking free. :)

It's a movie that knows exactly what it wants to do and what it wants to do is have some incredibly silly fun and have some nice fight scenes and I'm OK with that.

• Options

So it's not as terrible as the Tekken anime. Which, admittedly, is one of the worse things ever made.

(No one has watched the Tekken live action film from 2009, which presumably causes people to kill themselves, if the anime was any indication."

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    So if you were short money to buy cosmetics, KT is giving out 100K for booting up DoA6 any time in the next couple of weeks. Also there are pirate costumes in the store now if tight bodices and goofy hats are your thing.

• Options
    So if you were short money to buy cosmetics, KT is giving out 100K for booting up DoA6 any time in the next couple of weeks. Also there are pirate costumes in the store now if tight bodices and goofy hats are your thing.

That's good to know.

About the points, not the pirate costumes. I'm much more of a ninja costume guy, myself.

• Options
    No pirate-y goodness for Helena? Boo.

Mind you, those pirate outfits are goofy as hell.

• Options
    I like the wedding pack.

But that's probably because I like tuxedos and dresses. :?

If they actually add tag-team play, I'll go bonkers on buying costume packs.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

I'm actually incredibly sad that she doesn't get a pirate captain outfit.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options

I guess she’ll be in the second Pirate Pack...

I do like the Honoka Skull on Honoka’s hat, that’s a nice touch...

• Options
    So question. Since I still have yet to buy 6, I downloaded the core fighters free one to snag the 100k points. Will that translate over to the full game once I buy it or are they separate?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    So question. Since I still have yet to buy 6, I downloaded the core fighters free one to snag the 100k points. Will that translate over to the full game once I buy it or are they separate?

Unless I'm mistaken, they are completely integrated. The "full game", physical or digital, is effectively a bloc of licenses to access all the fighters (excluding those in the season pass), which will install into the core game. Hence all of us who bought the game, even physical copies, being stuck with that ugly "Core Fighters" game icon.

Though interestingly, it seems like once you flip the full-game switch, by default game will assume that's how you're going to play. So I can't start DOA6 without the disk in the drive, and run the Core Game (and whatever guest fighters are available)--my Xbox politely asks me to use the disk.

• Options
    Synthesis wrote: »

Unless I'm mistaken, they are completely integrated. The "full game", physical or digital, is effectively a bloc of licenses to access all the fighters (excluding those in the season pass), which will install into the core game. Hence all of us who bought the game, even physical copies, being stuck with that ugly "Core Fighters" game icon.

Though interestingly, it seems like once you flip the full-game switch, by default game will assume that's how you're going to play. So I can't start DOA6 without the disk in the drive, and run the Core Game (and whatever guest fighters are available)--my Xbox politely asks me to use the disk.

That is good (and sucks) at the same time. I don't like the logo, but guess if that's the sacrifice I have to make to have them sync then that's worth it. Also ok with the disk version taking over the digital one since I tend to play with physical copies more than digital these days.

Thanks for the answers! I can feel better about doing what I did now.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

That is good (and sucks) at the same time. I don't like the logo, but guess if that's the sacrifice I have to make to have them sync then that's worth it. Also ok with the disk version taking over the digital one since I tend to play with physical copies more than digital these days.

I mean, it "sucks" in an extremely superficial way, if we're talking about the same thing. If Tecmo-Koei could be bothered to come up with a really bitchin' Core Fighters logo on Xbox and Playstation (doesn't really matter on PC since you could change it, but Steam's default interface is ugly as sin anyway), that would be a nonissue.

Unlike the initial release of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate in this generation, the actual continuity of product...is pretty good. I haven't encountered any problems using the physical media, unlike DOA5U, where I ended up buying the game digitally and selling my copy. It's something I've noticed, but it's way behind "Why the fuck are they hiding move names?" and "What happened to tag team? Why do you hurt me so?" I'm generally okay with the tedium of unlocking the good costumes.

• Options

I mean, it "sucks" in an extremely superficial way, if we're talking about the same thing. If Tecmo-Koei could be bothered to come up with a really bitchin' Core Fighters logo on Xbox and Playstation (doesn't really matter on PC since you could change it, but Steam's default interface is ugly as sin anyway), that would be a nonissue.

Unlike the initial release of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate in this generation, the actual continuity of product...is pretty good. I haven't encountered any problems using the physical media, unlike DOA5U, where I ended up buying the game digitally and selling my copy. It's something I've noticed, but it's way behind "Why the fuck are they hiding move names?" and "What happened to tag team? Why do you hurt me so?" I'm generally okay with the tedium of unlocking the good costumes.

Luckily I don't have the memories of playing the DoA series so can't comment on the last part of your post, but I just wanted to play the button mashing of DoA again on the PS4. So I agree that it doesn't really suck with the icon.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I like the wedding pack.

But that's probably because I like tuxedos and dresses. :?

If they actually add tag-team play, I'll go bonkers on buying costume packs.

This. My tag team's outfits must be colour coordinated, dammit!

As of last night, I have reached the illustrious heights of rank C minus... and I think that's where I belong for the time being. I can consistently beat D+ players and I can usually beat other C minuses, but I don't think I've ever beaten a C or a C+. Really though I just want to break into the top 100 Bayman players; right now I'm oh-so-close at 112.

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    First time fighting a B-rank. It went... okay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfoKmsZudXY

Just shows how many more Hitomi players there are than Bayman ones when I can be ranked 122 in my character, and someone ranked 1180 can wipe the floor with me.

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    3-2 isn't really a floor-wiping, though. You did good! Hell of a comeback in round 4, and nice one punishing that taunt at the start of round 2 :lol:

• Options
    3-2 isn't really a floor-wiping, though. You did good! Hell of a comeback in round 4, and nice one punishing that taunt at the start of round 2 :lol:

Yeah, those moments are a big part of why I went to the trouble of uploading in the first place :biggrin:

That and its a great example of me at the top of my game, if I could always play like that I'd hit B rank no problem, but moreso than other games my performance seems to hinge on my actual physical/mental state at the time. If I'm tired or had a bit to drink, my performance plummets, to the point that I found myself losing to an E+ last night at 2AM and decided that meant it was time to go to bed.

• Options
    Awww, I just watched your video and thought you were going to have a dramatic comeback for the win. Also after watching your fight it reminded me of the old days in the arcade playing fighting games. With one person getting cocky and getting their butt handed to them (the round where you obliterated them).

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I remember when I was doing online ranked for the 50 wins/100 ranked trophy that at one time I met an A-rank (I am somewhere around D). Quickest match I’ve ever seen :lol:

• Options
    Newest patch adds the second half of the Pirates costumes, but more importantly, I just received 100.000 coins!

So log on for free money!

• Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    Well look who decided show up at the d.o.a. tournament
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F66viYl7Df4

• Options
    Well, we all knew Mai was coming by--DOA5's Mai is better than KOF XIV's Mai. Which is quite sad, but oh well.

Kula's an interesting choice. I would've gone with Blue Mary, Kasumi, or Vanessa....but maybe I'm being too narrow minded when it comes to DOA's strong commitment to actual martial arts (rather than weapons or magic)--Mai kept her fire powers, after all, and the Ninjas now have one or two magic movies each.