As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PbP] Rhapsody of Blood - Faded Glory (1 Bloodline Remains)

12357

Posts

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    @Egos where is Zalan?
    Rachel was waiting in the Hand's refuge above, waiting to head into the Ruins
    He was meant to be at the same location or nearby at least

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Unable to rest, Zalan exits the chamber and makes his way down the stairs of the guard tower. As he reaches the bottom level, he spots Peter and Rachel. He nods to both of them before walking over.

    "Good evening Rachel, Peter." the young man said as he wiped the sleep from his eyes. "Is Gergo here as well?" he asked, still seeming a bit dazed.
    go go seamless transition

  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    "Of course, friend!"

    A scarecrow-thin figure carrying an armload of scrolls and books emerges from the mass and begins laying papers out on the table before Rachel. A droopy graying moustache reveals itself somewhere behind the mass of papers, and the words keep coming.

    "In ancient times this area was part of the Roman province of Pannonia, all the way to the shores of the Danube. As you might imagine, especially in such close proximity to the Greek Empire, the region attracts treasure-seekers and scholars of all types."

    Unrolling an aging parchment map, he points to an area surrounded with red ink.

    "We believe the Order of the Golden Hand has set up in an ancient pagan center of some kind, here. They seek relics of power, much as my own Society, but this band has thrown in with the forces of darkness and intends to use the cursed skull of Herod Agrippa as a catalyst to bring down some sort of plague on the inhabitants. Herod, as you may know, was cursed by the Almighty and died in horrible agony; we suspect that the forces of the Castle intend to visit this fate on the Markgraf and his servants in order to prepare the way for an invasion by my countrymen.

    In dark times such as these, with the kingdoms of Outremer direly pressed by the Mussulman, we should strike a blow for God and against heresy at the very beginning of our campaign and recover this relic of the pagan scion of the king who condemned Our Lord so it may be purified of whatever dark influence has come over it."

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

    EgosMatevdiscriderAustinP0027
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    "Sure", says Rachel, resetting her pony tail.
    "You'll have to forgive us if my friends and family were cursed by the Almighty and then died relatively peacefully."
    She finishes, and leans towards the map.
    "But perhaps we redeem ourselves by punching the Devil in his face.
    When do we leave for the Castle?"
    Smash cut to the breach :P

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    AuralynxEgosAustinP0027Matev
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Ready to set out, the explorer trekked towards the ruins. Tumbled columns and overgrown walls of the Roman conqueror’s abandoned structures began to jut up through the undergrowth.

    Gergo’s annotated maps led to a standing structure, a temple with draped purple banners, a richly dyed silk. The only device on it was an emerald cross. With no guards present, they were able to enter. The passages inside seemed to twist and turn in unsettling angles, and they could swear they should have crossed their own path several times, yet they did not. The decaying ruins eventually gave way to better lit, and well swept corridors lined with carvings and murals.

    Dusty cobwebs covered piles of objects that glittered in the torchlight.

    New Ward discovered!
    The Vaults

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Their path changed frequently, and there were points where Peter wondered if they weren't going to turn a corner and find themselves back at the start of their journey. Thankfully, when the path ended, along with the ruins, the sight in front of them was completely unknown to them. That is, as thankful as you could be considering you were walking directly into danger.

    The Medic felt his hands grip his mallet tighter, and he forced himself to breath slowly, to relax, and most importantly, to let his eyes dance around the space they had entered, seeking out anything that could indicate a direction or suggestion of danger they should be aware of.

    Geth, roll 2d10+1 for See Clear
    Thanks Geth, that's how you start us out.

    Choices:
    What should I be on the lookout for?
    What here is valuable?

    See Clear:
    2d10+1 12 [2d10=9, 2]

    AustinP0027 on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    @AustinP0027 , it's 2d6 not 2d10

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    Matev
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Holy hell. I knew that....no idea where that 10 slipped in....

    Choice:
    What should I be on the lookout for?
    Geth, roll 2d6+1

    2d6+1 7 [2d6=2, 4]

    AustinP0027 on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Peter looked about, and could see on the ground, the imprint of a heavy boot. While not here, guards had been in this area recently.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    "Okay. Eyes out all." Rachel cautioned.
    "I can't imagine these riches were left unattended..."

    As the group circled quietly between the various mounds of treasure, Rachel strained her ears to catch any indication of foes ahead.

    Geth roll 2d6 for Travel the Labyrinth

    Travel the Labyrinth:
    2d6 6 [2d6=2, 4]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Rachel looks down at the dust in the passageway, wondering if the tracks there are their own or whether this vault does indeed stretch onto eternity.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    As she stepped down the corridor, Rachel took care to avoid the treasures. But she was not able to part of the floor giving beneath her. Not a full collapse, but part of it sinking into the ground. A bell rang further down the hall, 2 portculli dropping to entrap the explorers. To make matters worse, there was a screech of metal as several blades emerged from the walls, whirling towards them!

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Gergo has been distractedly attempting to juggle a map and a lantern this whole time, with surprisingly non-combustible results, and only looks up at the clang of the dropping grates.

    "Oh my, that's not at all what was supposed to be here. Hm, let me see... there should be a shut-off switch around here somewhere..."

    Gergo's search is futile, however, and results only in wasted time on his part.
    Geth roll 2d6+1 for Flow Like Water

    Flow Like Water:
    2d6+1 6 [2d6=3, 2]

    Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Rachel's eyes narrow as the blades swing in.
    "Zalan! Form up!", she barks before swiftly interjecting herself between the blades and the masked medic.
    Briefly glancing at Gergo's fiddling, she brings her ornate hammer to bear.

    That is not how you reset this trap, she thinks.
    Clangs peel out as the hammer drives back blade after blade.
    As the storm of steel subsides, the sound of faint clicking becomes audible as each blade settles back into its starting slot.

    Rachel pants and winces a bit.
    Her hammer does not have tremendous reach, and she suffers harm in her exertion.

    Rachel - Peter pact increases by 1

    Geth roll 2d6+2 for Face the Horde

    Face the Horde:
    2d6+2 11 [2d6=5, 4]

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    The darkly clad Zalan quickly follows Rachel's lead. He briefly eyes Gergo before turning his attention forward to the sound of weapons clanking further down the passage. Readying his weapon, he prepares to face the incoming wave of monsters. Situating himself to the side of Rachel as to strike down any that may make it past her.
    Geth rolll 2d6+1 for Face the Horde

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    spoiler
    bleh,
    Geth roll 2d6+1 for Face the Horde
    [/spoiler]

    Face the Horde:
    2d6+1 7 [2d6=4, 2]

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    so if that roll applies:
    I get some on me (mark contamination) and I end up in a risky postion O_O

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    The blades whirled and whizzed, shredding right through Gergo's chart and his flesh!
    Take 2 harm Gergo

    Before they could finish making mince meat of the treasure hunter, Rachel got him out of the way, but also suffered lacerations before she could force the blades back into the wall.
    Take 2 Harm Rachel

    Unbeknownst to Zalan, a piece of gold fell into his armor. He felt the pang of some sort of hunger as he crashed through the grate, and was surrounded by a forest of gilt pikes.
    Mark 1 Contamination

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Gilt pikes attached to guardsmen I presume?

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Also, crash through grate meaning floor or wall into another room?

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    correct on the guards part, Zalan broke through the portcullis entrapping you with the blades.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    For my "assess harm" stuff, is that the equivalent of any of the castle exploration moves? Not finding it listed specifically to know if that's a Shelter only action or if I could do that at any point.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Also, updated roster formatting if it helps (was digging for my own sheet, so just grabbed everything)



    Sign-ups
    1. Egos - The Legendary Heroes
    2. Discrider - The Half-Damned
    3. AustinP0027 -The Holy Church
    4. Auralynx - The Hidden Hand
    5.


    Archive Roster

    The Bearers of the Holy Flame (The Legendary Heroes)
    Aella - Founder Paladin

    Lons-on-dale (The Half-Damned)
    Henry - Tainted Founder

    The Golden Signal (The Holy Church)
    Raphael - Founder Saint

    The Daedulus Society - (The Hidden Hand)
    Demetrius - Mastermind Founder

    Current Roster
    The Bearers of the Holy Flame (The Legendary Heroes)
    Zalan, the Bonded

    Lons-on-dale (The Half-Damned)
    Rachel

    The Golden Signal (The Holy Church)
    Peter, the Medic

    The Daedulus Society - (The Hidden Hand)
    Gergo, the Reckoner

    AustinP0027 on
    MatevEgos
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I take if you mean Triage. That is a move you can make when you can examine someone at any point.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Peter hardly had moved as the others flew into action. The Medic's eyes were focused on the blades that had erupted from the walls, his muscles tensing as he tried to quickly decide what to do. The others were faster, however, as Gergo attempted to disarm the trap, albeit unsuccessfully, and Rachel resorted to pure force. She was successful, but it was the impact to Gergo that drew Peter's attention. The blood dripping from the injured man kicked into gear instincts that caused him to react without hesitation, flying to the man's side with his hands already digging into the medical kit he carried with him.

    Salves and bandages were applied quickly and methodically, patching up the man's wounds. Thankfully the work was straightforward enough that Gergo should be able to continue unabaited through the castle. The Reckoner would hopefully quickly forget the pain inflicted on him.
    I get all 3 options with the 10+
    Gergo heals 3 Harm (2 for this +1 for First Aid trait), also, he ignores the next mark contamination

    You may ask a question from the See Clear list, gaining fleeting
    advantage when you act upon the answer. You may choose this
    option multiple times.
    • You treat their wounds. They heal 2 Harm.
    • You make sure they’re not in any danger from the castle’s effects.
    The next time they would mark contamination, they ignore it.

    See Clear Question:
    What can the enemies here do?

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Healbot activate!

    Healbot:
    2d6+1 11 [2d6=4, 6]

    AustinP0027 on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Peter looked over to see a squad of guards surrounding Zalan. Their ornate armor hung loosely on their frames, glittering in the lights. Their eyes had a sunken, hungry look and their flesh was jaundiced and pocked with sores. Their pikes appeared well honed though, and if this place had more traps, they would know how to turn them on the intruders.

    New Enemy Discovered!
    Emaciated Guards
    -Gilded Pikes
    -Activate Vault defenses

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    So Flow Like Water is my only option right now, right?

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I think that or Face the Horde to attack them

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I wouldn’t say it’s your only option, but it is your best one.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    AuralynxEgos
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Matev wrote: »
    correct on the guards part, Zalan broke through the portcullis entrapping you with the blades.
    so are blades still coming out of the wall? Just wondering if I roll back or some such if I'm gonna get decapitated O_O

    I think Rachel/disc solved that particular issue but double checking

    Egos on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Zalan gritted his teeth as he saw the pike heads inches away from his face. He immediately raises his war club, in hopes that he'll be able to deflect any incoming blows, as he tries to escape back through the broken gate.
    Geth roll 2d6-1 for Flow Like Water (this should be bad)

    Flow Like Water (this should be bad):
    2d6-1 9 [2d6=6, 4]

    discrider
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    @Egos you get to pick an option

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    My bad, for some reason I had thought the GM just picked something bad to happen . Let’s go with :

    A particular threat isn’t a threat any longer.

    Egos on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    My bad, for some reason I had thought the GM just picked something bad to happen . Let’s go with :

    A particular threat isn’t a threat any longer.
    Zalan just.. slowly putting the porticullis back

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    AustinP0027
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    very well, Mark 1 further contamination

    Zalan is nicked by the pike, the cut burning as he scrabbles back. As he does so, he feels the floor give again, and with a grind, the wall and floor rotate 90 degrees, dropping the explorers without ceremony into a different dusty hallway, tapestries hung on the walls and the sounds of singing drifting down the hall.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular

    eedb372a7c0697ff0bc14e5ef7943bbb305302c3_hq.gif

    Auralynx
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Gergo emerges from Peter's ministrations with a rueful look at the ripped chart.

    "Well, I suppose I'll have to try something a little more hazardous."

    Gergo chalks a circle on the floor. Fumbling around at his belt, he produces a pouch, and then some knucklebones with a strange and ill-omened aura from therein. They're marked with astrological characters, and he casts them inside the circle then studies them for a long moment.

    "Hm. Well, if I'm interpreting this correctly we'll find something in... that direction?"

    He points vaguely in the direction of the singing sounds.
    Travel the Labyrinth, marking corruption for advantage (but not, due to Peter, unless it's the next involuntary corruption that stops, in which case I'll mark it anyhow).

    Geth, roll 3d6k2 for Travel the Labyrinth

    Travel the Labyrinth:
    3d6k2 9 [3d6k2=[6, 3], 2]

    Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    The group has 1 Traverse the Labyrinth Hold

    Aura, what is your insight into the Ward’s purpose or layout?

    Gergo led the explorers onward, emerging in a chamber with a domed ceiling. 3 dozen stood arrayed around a pile of riches, atop which laid a skeleton dressed in old finery. They sang and cooed a song, a jumble of soft reverent noise.

    As the group entered, the choir ceased, turning to regard them. Their features were distorted, with most of their head a single eyeball, save a thin slit directly below it from which the noises issue. Their robes had no sleeves, and none of them made any indication of arm movement. The cooing raised to accusatory yells as they surged forward.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    "Hm, yes, the whole complex is redolent of avaritia and vanagloria, really. This is likely a repository for the treasures the Castle uses to lure explorers to it in search of their dreams. A cunning plan, really! The architecture seems antique, as well. Reminds one of Croesus, or Midas. Wealth just... there... for the... taking?!"

    Gergo's tone rises in surprise as the group emerges into the tomb and he gets a good look at the choir.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    "Lovely" Zalan gave lupine-like grin as he saw the horde of undead.

    Stepping in front of Gergo, he whispers "I'll buy us some time..."- his tone not particularly reassuring. As if aware he would be unable to make good on his word. Turning to the undead, Zalan whipped out his war club and slammed it against the floor causing a loud thud. The explorer then pulled out a piece of gold shrapnel from his neck, dripping with bits of black blood, and tossed it the ground.

    "Gentlemen" he said loudly "Your friends upstairs didn't fare so well against us..." pointing upwards
    "Are you sure you want to do this? he forced out a chuckle, his eyes scanning the group for any vulnerability.
    His grin fades and his tone subsides
    "You may be able to kill some of us, but surely not all."

    "Surely not...." said a voice only Zalan could hear
    Gonna try and see if there is a weakness, if I can

    Geth roll 2d6+0 for Line it Up



    Line it Up:
    2d6+0 5 [2d6=4, 1]

    Egos on
Sign In or Register to comment.