Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PbP] Rhapsody of Blood - Part 2: The Kingdom (1 Bloodline Remains)

24

Posts

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Avaloc grimaced.

    “If you will not return, then you will be cast into the Pit.” He waved his hand. The explorers could hear the approach of The Castle’s forces, their minds and bodies lost to the King of the Unseen.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    The Knight of the Holy Flame stood in the throne room with the two other crusaders. Her lithe frame was obscured by pieces of mismatched armor and a muddy olive cloak. Only the upper half of her face remained exposed. Upon Avaloc's emergence, she reached behind her back and methodically unsheathed her great sword. Her hands protected by large jagged black gauntlets.

    As she readied to attack, she quietly started to recite names of comrades who had fallen to The Castle : Aegir, Isabel, Ethan, Demetrius. All too aware that she may soon be joining them, she momentarily closed her eyes. Upon opening them, she seemed to smirk before making a mad dash towards the Master of The Castle -hoping to take advantage of the opening that Raphael had made.
    Geth Roll 2d6+2 for Iron to Strike

    Hopefully doing this right. Sorry for delay

    Iron to Strike:
    2d6+2 12 [2d6=4, 6]

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Avaloc howled as the exposed spot was struck, the shadows shrinking from Aelle’s presence. The sorceror blasted her back a few feet, a crackling sphere of red light surrounding him. The minions hooted and howled, not engaging just yet.
    No worries, that was great!

    Azaloc, King of the Unseen

    Arcane Magics
    Commander of the twisted
    Enveloped in Darkness

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    "Ugh"

    Aella immediately reached down , her fingers scratching the floor slightly as she was pushed back. As her she was flung back, she used what strength she had left to maintain a grasp of her great-sword with her left hand.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited March 6
    Henry's concentrated glowering is pierced by Aella's sudden charge.
    Eyes flashing and claws growing he follows suit, pausing as Aella is thrown back in front of him.

    Refocusing, Henry quickly approaches the scales.
    A literal seat of power.
    Vaulting onto the lowest hanging arm, Henry pulls on his connection with The Castle, attempting to bend it to his will, and if not, break it.

    Geth roll 2d6+2 for Drink Deep

    Drink Deep:
    2d6+2 8 [2d6=5, 1]

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Raphael gripped his staff tightly as Aella moved in to strike. The hit was a success, the cloud of shadows shrinking away from Avaloc as the great-sword struck. The Saint breathed a momentary sigh of relief, before quickly remembering that a single hit wouldn't fell their foe.

    Instead, Raphael concentrated again. They had been successful because there had been a weakness in Avaloc's defense. They just needed to find another weakness, and at the moment, he was probably most helpful in trying to find it.

    Geth roll 2d6+1 for Line It Up (the sequel)

    Line It Up (the sequel):
    2d6+1 7 [2d6=1, 5]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    The Saint had uncovered another flaw, a subtle detail that this so called King had likely expected them to overlook.

    "His arm." Raphael shouted. "The taint of this place emanates from it, and a strike directly into that should wound him greatly."

    The verbal warning would draw more attention to himself, but if this trio was to succeed, Raphael knew that he might have to sacrifice to do it. Besides, he had his faith to protect him.
    The foe makes you its highest priority
    Attempts to use the Opening without one weapon perk have disadvantage - perk-> cleave (for Aella)

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Fell energy launched from Avaloc’s shield towards Raphael, scorching the floor with it’s passing.

    Meanwhile, Henry could feel the power of the throne room. He knew seizing upon would lead him further into damnation, but what was that to one already cursed by this Castle? The power played between his fingers before dissipating almost instantaneously. He knew now how to unravel magic in this place, but there would always be a cost....
    Henry has learned Dispel Magic!

    Avaloc, the King of the Unseen
    Arcane Magics
    Command the twisted
    Enveloped in darkness

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Aella looked to Raphael and nodded. Once more, she dashed toward the Master of The Castle - her sword held out wide as she moved in a zigzag pattern. Hoping to take the Dark Regent by surprise while he was focusing his attacks on Raphael. She swung her sword back wide as she approached and then struck at the Regent's side. The sheer force and weight of the great-sword pulling her along as she hoped to remove the foul sorcerer's arm.
    Geth roll 2d6+2 for Strike with Iron

    *fingers crossed*

    Strike with Iron:
    2d6+2 10 [2d6=4, 4]

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited March 6
    No sooner had The Saint opened his mouth than did Avaloc turn his attention on him and launch an arcane blast.

    Raphael threw himself to the side as hard as he could, trying to both cushion himself as he hit the floor but more importantly, trying to pull all of his body out of the path of the Fell blast.

    Geth, roll 2d6 for Dodge, Dodge, Dodge the hurting blast.

    Result:
    You avoid taking harm.

    Dodge, Dodge, Dodge the hurting blast:
    2d6 9 [2d6=6, 3]

    AustinP0027 on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Raphael leapt aside at the last second, the smell of brimstone assaulting his nostrils. He was quickly surrounded by Avaloc’s servants, their forms mockeries of their former human guise.

    Aella’s swing struck against the shield. Muttering prayers, she felt the blade force through the surface and bite into flesh. The King of the Unseen wailed in agony as his arm was parted from his body, the shield flickering and failing as blood arced away from elbow and limb.

    Before the holy warrior could follow up, several minions tackled her to the ground, snarling and snapping. Avaloc clutched his leaking stump, the blood sizzling as it rained on the throne room floor.

    Avaloc, King of the Unseen

    Arcane Magics
    Command the twisted
    Enveloped in darkness

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    EgosAustinP0027
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Would it be "Face the Horde" to break free? Unless I come up with a very creative solution that is.

    Matev
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Feels like this is appropriate for @discrider :
    E52jP0.gif

    Egos
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Pretty much. If you can think of a different way to slip out go for it, otherwise, The Horde is in force to protect their King.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited March 7
    KACHUK

    Henry's claws bite deep into the cross-bar as a silver bowl fills to the brim and then suddenly empties, the scale's arm lifting him higher as it does.

    From his vantage point, he watches as Aella's strike splits the caster's arm from his body, just as the horde rolls in, surrounding his allies.

    Henry lets out a frustrated growl, before the uncomfortable sound of bone on metal marks his slide down the arm of the balance.
    Arriving at the pivot point, Henry lashes out at the massive structure.
    Claws ringing out across the room, the scales start to sag.
    Opening created, 1 less harm, enemies will focus only on you

    Geth roll 2d6+1 for confront

    confront:
    2d6+1 11 [2d6=6, 4]

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    Egos
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    There is an almighty crunch as the pivot point gives way.
    The entire mechanism falls, tipping it's contents towards the centre of the room, engulfing the horde in a flood of pulsing silver.
    In the disarray, the Regent is seperated from his protectors, as they scramble to avoid the oncoming surge.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Henry's mayhem does indeed separate Avaloc from his servants. Those not crushed by the scales launch themselves at Henry, battering and clawing at him in their frenzy.

    The King of the Unseen sucks in ragged breaths, backing towards a door, the blood still flowing freely from his stump. His severed arm stands on it's fingers, and begins to scuttle after him.

    Avaloc, King of the Unseen

    Arcane Magics
    Command the twisted
    Enveloped in darkness

    Henry take 1 harm (Reduced from 2 by your Confront roll)

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Egos
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited March 7
    Surrounded and trapped, Raphael could only blink in surprise as the massive scales collapsed and the things that had surrounded him left to investigate.

    Gripping his staff tightly, The Saint stride towards the weakened King. Avalon was struggling, and Raphael knew they had to end this quickly. Gripping his weapon, which served as his foundation in his faith, The Saint used the moment to visualize his attack, a strike directly to the head, likely the weakest point and the most likely to put the foul King down. His actual staff quickly followed the vision, swinging down with all his force.

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for a Precise Strike

    a Precise Strike:
    2d6+2 7 [2d6=1, 4]

    AustinP0027 on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited March 7
    As the Saint's staff rushed down to crush his head, like that of a foul serpent, the blood from Avaloc's arm whipped forward, like the tentacle of a kraken, and the cursed substance ran through Raphael's abdomen in a final act of defiance. The staff caved the King of the Unseen's head in like a rotted melon. There was no final grand speech, or curse uttered; only feeble gurgling before his corpse fell to the floor, melting to a caustic goo.

    Avaloc, King of the Unseen

    Arcane Magics
    Command the twisted
    Enveloped in darkness

    Take 3 Harm Austin, and mark 1 Contamination.




    The Castle lurched, as a wagon coming to a sudden stop. Several large stones ground and collapsed to the floor. Startled as several crushed, the minions of Avaloc retreat from the Throne Room, which continued shaking as the roof rent open, exposing a bloody sky above, howling winds pulling at The Castle and the explorers. All 3 of them see blood pouring down the walls and raising from the floor. It all flows to the center of the room, and where it wasn't before, a Grail was now there, the blood flowing into the cup. Each of the explorers could feel the power radiating from the Grail. This was true power, the power to shape the world as they saw fit. All they had to do, was reach out, and touch it....
    Any one of you may touch the Grail and ask one wish of it. If there is another Progenitor lurking in the shadows, they may too attempt to claim the Grail.

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited March 7
    Henry lays claim to The Grail

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Then do so in character, good half-damned, soon to be fully damned.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Egos
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I totally want to do this now

    Matev
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    Then do so in character, good half-damned, soon to be fully damned.
    Henry would, but he just needs to sound out what the others are thinking first

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Raphael staggered as Avaloc's blow landed.The foul King melted away, and the trio claimed victory. The moment was short lived, however, as the Castle itself shook and lurched, as though it was trying to reject what had transpired. Raphael eyed the flow of blood down the walls, watched as it gathered on the floor, a Chalice raising from it. He could feel the power emanating from it, his hand involuntarily reaching towards it as it almost whispered directly into his mind. He stopped himself, however, bundling his will within his faith, blocking the temptation he saw before him.

    Leaning heavily on his staff, he addressed the others. "We must reject this. The evil of this place taints everything it touches, and this so called gift will be no different."

    Raphael didn't move towards or away from the golden cup or his companions. The blow hadn't felled him, but it did leave him weakened enough that other than verbally, he wouldn't be able to prevent any action from happening here.
    Ugh. If I were playing any other character, I'd probably be trying to grab the thing as well. But "The Saint" feels like the literal one person who should be able to resist the temptation of a clearly evil magic cup

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I'll try and post in the next hour, I'm still not fully awake <_<

    MatevAustinP0027
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    As Aella lifted herself up from the ground, the sight of blood seeping from the floor caused her to jump. Her eyes visibly widened as she took in he bloody hell-scape that now surrounded the trio. Her eyes darted toward the Grail, drawn in by the raw power it exuded, the thought of reviving those who had fallen at the hands of The Castle momentarily entered her mind. However Raphael's words had played upon her better judgement and tempered any desire she may have had to claim the Grail.

    Nodding in response to Raphael, the paladin then took in a deep breath . "We must leave now" she said urgently , her eyes darting to the exit . Her feet moved back slightly as she prepared to make flight. Uncertain if her allies were going to follow.
    Raphael is able to run right?

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Harm is 3 of 5, so I think from a rules stand-point, yes.

    I was more trying to play off that thematically he just crushed a skull and got stabbed right in the stomach, so maybe right at this moment he's not so much on wanting to move around. Plus, I figure if we were to run, I think adrenaline would be a good answer to why he got stabbed but is running like he didn't.

  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    One minion does not flee as Avaloc falls. Instead, while the heroes contemplate retreat, it gingerly and unhurriedly makes its way over the rubble towards the Grail.

    Casting off its ragged robe, it is revealed as the scholar Demetrius! But how can this be? Demetrius fell at the crushing blow of the colossal stone guardian of The Mausoleum, buying you all time to escape. Didn't he?

    "Excellent work," he proclaims in a familiar tone, "I could never have claimed the Grail alone, warriors! Now, freed of Avaloc's influence, its power can be harnessed to begin a new age of Reason and Prosperity!"

    Greedily, the scholar lunges for the cup...
    Hidden Hand in the house, y'all.

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png


    MatevAustinP0027
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    P-P-P-plot twist!

    Demetrius grasps The Grail, the power flowing through him. Enlightenment is within his grasp.

    The Castle crumbles, obscuring their comrade from view again. The Fortress was quickly losing it’s integrity. The explorers would need to retreat else they would be lost as well.
    Congratulations on your first Gnosis explorers. The Hidden Hand will start with one it’s Bloodline stats higher than usual, but will have 1 less pact with each other line to start.


    A question related to this:

    1. @Auralynx , given Demetrius’ character, would he wish for Insight From Beyond, Peace on Earth, or the Wealth of Kings?

    Following Aura’s answer and everyone else’s escape, we will move to the Turning of Ages, where you will establish and grow your bloodline.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited March 7
    I think Demetrius is probably deeper towards the Peace on Earth side of the Reason & Prosperity equation. His idea of what that means definitely has some distinct features vis-a-vis wealth for everyone, though.

    Auralynx on
    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png


  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited March 7
    'Not likely', Henry growls, lunging for The Grail also. 'Not if you value that hand.'

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    MatevAuralynx
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Oh, j/k, let’s do this then. Confrontation throw down part 2!

    Aura, reference the Mastermind stat line.

    Default For your attacks is 2, but you can exploit openings to do more. Getiton!


    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Egos
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Seeing Henry's lunge, Demetrius stands his ground, a dagger concealed in his off-hand as he searches for his chance and monologues:

    "Henry, you foolish wretch! Your suffering is but one boulder in the mountain of iniquity the Grail could demolish! Think of the violence, the brutality, to which the commoners are subjected at every turn! The vainglorious warlords who brawl over the scraps their armies leave after they've pillaged the land! I'll not let you ruin The Society's vision!"

    The prattle continues, hopefully distracting Henry from the readied blade as Demetrius looks for his chance.

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Dazzle With Rhetoric

    Dazzle With Rhetoric:
    2d6+2 9 [2d6=1, 6]

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png


    Egos
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited March 7
    Exactly whether that's a dodge or an attack, I'll let discrider decide when he decides what he's after. I'm perfectly okay with the grail getting claimed over Demetrius' conveniently-no-longer-AFK body by Henry as a resolve, it just seemed like a good way to jump in.

    Oh, and sheet:

    The Mastermind
    Name: Demetrius
    Iron 0 Glass 1 Sulphur -1 Mercury 2
    Weapon: Dagger (Piercing, Close)
    Looks: Spindly, scheming, looking down his glasses at the world. Where did he even get those?

    The Hidden Hand
    Name: "The Society," at least to Demetrius. Perhaps this will change?
    Chalices 0 Swords -1 Coins 1 Wands 1 (They're a society of the intelligentsia)
    Style: Formal wear and subtle symbols.
    Lore: Ruling the rare book market.

    Auralynx on
    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png


  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Henry seizes The Grail whilst Demetrius rattles on.

    "You will not sway me from rescuing them.", Henry flatly states, before starting on a monologue of his own.
    His is low and flat, and steeped in The Castle's magic.
    As he incants at Demetrius, Demetrius feels his arms go strangly numb and fuzzy, as if he's now attempting to feel the world through a pillow.

    Henry casts Dispel Magic on Demetrius, preventing him from becoming a channel for The Grail.
    Marking corruption.
    Geth roll 2d6+2 for sustained wizarding.

    sustained wizarding:
    2d6+2 7 [2d6=3, 2]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Demetrius' arms fell away from the Grail, the power fading from his grasp. It will not have him so long as Henry drones, but Henry must concentrate on his incantation, or he will lose control. The Castle shudders, stabilizing a bit as the struggle occurs, as if fueled by the chaos ensuing.

    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Castlevania Anime Spoilers:

  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    The numbing effect of Henry's magic makes it impossible to know exactly what sound Demetrius intended to make, but the scholar drops back with an incoherent bark of some kind.

    Pointing towards the high-arched door, he flees as well as he can with a bad limp he didn't used to have.

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png


  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Henry keeps incanting until the verbose theif is no longer in sight.
    "You two best follow. He likely knows the quickest way out of this place"

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Raphael just shakes his head at the scene that unfolds in front of him. He understood the temptation, he had just felt it, but he couldn't help but feel sorrow as he saw Demetrius and Henry fight. Two companions now at each other's throat. He knew that the cursed chalice was at the heart of it, but he also saw the look in Henry's eyes and knew there was no going back. His friend had lost so much, and he saw this as his opportunity to regain it. Nothing Raphael could say would deter his friend from his path, and The Saint only felt sadness.

    "Oh Henry..." he said softly.

    Turning, he started walking out, using his staff to support himself as he exited. He did pause to look back at his friend one last time, but then turned and headed out, expecting Aella to join him in an attmept to catch up to Demetrius.

Sign In or Register to comment.