clownfoodclownfood packet pusher in the wallsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    MMmmmmMMmmm Jamba Juice.

clownfood on
    photo-4798.jpg?_r=1355437546
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Ah. I woke up refreshed today. Sleeping in past 5 am was so worth it.

Shinto on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Goddamn. I forgot how early 9am is.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    DiscGraceDiscGrace Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Good morning, my little sunshines!

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    DiscGrace wrote: »
    Good morning, my little sunshines!

cat_photo2.jpg

Shinto on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    So has anyone here ever had a torn rotator cuff? What did it feel like and/or what did you do about it?

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    That doesn't sound like something that can be torn.

Sounds like a damn car part.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    what is it about movie threads that attracts retards? "lol it's just a zombie movie" with no other supporting evidence does not an argument make.

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    That doesn't sound like something that can be torn.

Sounds like a damn car part.

Many car-parts are quite similar to human skeletal components. Check out the suspension on anything that doesn't blow-goats (i.e; anything that isn't live-axle).

Edit: This has nothing to do with anything though, as I have no idea what a rotator cuff is.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So has anyone here ever had a torn rotator cuff? What did it feel like and/or what did you do about it?

Father-in-law just did, from what I gather, or a tendon around there.

It feels sub-par.

If it's bad, you probably aren't going to be able to lift your arm or get any real mobility. Surgery is the usual way you fix it.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hum, my coffee maker seems to be broken. What a nice realisation to have first thing in the morning, when I'm looking forward to a nice cup of coffee.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    Hum, my coffee maker seems to be broken. What a nice realisation to have first thing in the morning, when I'm looking forward to a nice cup of coffee.

If you want to drive down and give me a ride I know a nice coffee-shop uptown run by really hot, liberal Christian girls.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    tuxkamen wrote: »

It feels sub-par.

If it's bad, you probably aren't going to be able to lift your arm or get any real mobility. Surgery is the usual way you fix it.

Hmm, okay. I can lift my arm, but the back of my shoulder hurts when I rotate it in front of or behind me. Maybe I just tore it a little?

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    clownfoodclownfood packet pusher in the wallsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

I have come close to tearing my rotator cuff. Basically for the next 4 months I couldn't throw farther than my little sister and perform a lateral raise with anything that weighed more than my keys. I could perform all motions (granted it wasn't torn completely) but anything that required motion involving the shoulder directly would garner a sharp pain near the back of the cuff.

clownfood on
    photo-4798.jpg?_r=1355437546
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    tuxkamen wrote: »

It feels sub-par.

Hmm, okay. I can lift my arm, but the back of my shoulder hurts when I rotate it in front of or behind me. Maybe I just tore it a little?

Given a picture:
    model_1-shoulder.JPG
    and my expertise in how to break shit so it won't unbreak, I'd say that continuing to rotate it in front or behind is probably a bad idea if it actually is partially but not completely torn.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Well, fortunately I have no Tang Soo Do classes for a few weeks while our instructor is in Germany for an academic conference. I'll see how it feels after 2 weeks of rest. And after that, hopefully I'll have insurance again and can actually get it checked out.

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Well, fortunately I have no Tang Soo Do classes for a few weeks while our instructor is in Germany for an academic conference. I'll see how it feels after 2 weeks of rest. And after that, hopefully I'll have insurance again and can actually get it checked out.
    Have fun sleeping on it.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    There's a measles outbreak in Tokyo.

Swell.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Swell.

For some reason I thought that said "missile outbreak"

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Rolly Rizla == Mad_Morlock, based on the usage of the term "solid state revolution".

Also he's arguing magnetic monopoles = gravity in that other thread.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Resolved: Gymkata is the greatest story ever told.

Discuss.

Yar on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

Swell.

For some reason I thought that said "missile outbreak"

Either way, it's fucking annoying.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yar wrote: »
    Resolved: Gymkata is the greatest story ever told.

Discuss.
    That's incorrect. What more is there to say about it?

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Aldo on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Man, cleaning my room doesn't suck as bad as I thought it would.

I'm finding all kinds of shit that I lost a while back.

Still can't find that Dresden Files book, though.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Man, I hate days when I got less than 4 hours sleep the night before.

Like last night. I got around 3 hours of sleep. Today I'm feeling tired and sick, like I'm going to throw up. And I have to go teach a class in 2 hours.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    Man, I hate days when I got less than 4 hours sleep the night before.

Like last night. I got around 3 hours of sleep. Today I'm feeling tired and sick, like I'm going to throw up. And I have to go teach a class in 2 hours.
    Dude, did you ever talk to a doctor about this? :?

Aldo on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Also I kinda forgot, but last night was my one-year anniversary in Portland.

I knew there was a reason I was taking all those whiskey shots.

• Options
    edited May 2007
    I'm not going to help ege derail his thread into a "poor me everyone's out to get me" tangent yet again. But I do find it hilarious that he's doing it again.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Stop ege-bashing, VC, you dickwhistle.

Seriously, man, what the fuck's your problem?
    Nah, it's cool, keep doing it.[/spoile]

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Blehhhhhhhh

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »

Thing is, I'm not actually bashing ege. I'm bashing an incredibly stupid claim that he is among the many who have made. But don't tell ege that, it would break his little heart to think I don't consider him to be anywhere near as important as popular-yet-retarded ideas and attitudes.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »

Thing is, I'm not actually bashing ege. I'm bashing an incredibly stupid claim that he is among the many who have made.

He's made a lot.

Good night/day all. I'm off to fight sickness once more in the future.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited May 2007

Didn't feel too bad during the day, but then I wrestled with it, and it hurt so bad that I couldn't move my arm to take my shirt off.

Had to go the doctor and do much sports therapy.

Edit: What I'm saying is, don't strain it, and see a doctor.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    I have to call to confirm a therapy appointment but I am reconsidering because every cent I own will be pissed away in the length of two weeks with no promise of anything good coming from it

I could get a haircut instead

My priorities are probably all in the wrong order but damnit if it isn't damnit

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    ege02 is a cool poster, makes good posts, frequently contributes in good faith, and generally extends nothing but respect to all the various members of this board, and he's rewarded with all kinds of personal attacks and disrespect.

Personally I'd be pretty disappointed if he ever left here, because he's one of the better contributors in my book.

• Options
    edited May 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    I have to call to confirm a therapy appointment but I am reconsidering because every cent I own will be pissed away in the length of two weeks with no promise of anything good coming from it

I take it you're not eligible to governmental aid, then? :(

Aldo on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    ege02 is a cool poster, makes good posts, frequently contributes in good faith, and generally extends nothing but respect to all the various members of this board, and he's rewarded with all kinds of personal attacks and disrespect.

Personally I'd be pretty disappointed if he ever left here, because he's one of the better contributors in my book.

He can be really arrogant and condescending though, not something that you can quite put your finger on but it can really bug the crap out of me. I think many others feel the same way.

The olol rape joke should really stop I think, it stopped being funny a long time ago.

Leitner on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    Oboro wrote: »

I take it you're not eligible to governmental aid, then? :(
    It turns out my father wasn't able to voluntarily slice me out of his insurance like I thought he could. I do have insurance, but it only covers 40% of the first 25 outpatient mental health visits of the fiscal year-- afterwards, it pays nothing, and I have to meet a $250 deductible before I get reimbursed at all.

I could get supplementary insurance or a different plan of my own or whatever, but I sort of stopped looking into Medicaid. I probably still am eligible, but I've been eligible for lots of government programs for a while now and I haven't done shit to claim them.

I'm just about as motivated as a sack of beans. I'll stop talking about this sort of stuff in the future if I can remember to remember that it's not as much doom and gloom as it seems-- I just make it that way by being an uncommitting lie-about.

Oboro on
    words
This discussion has been closed.