Options

The Happy Puppy [chat] Thread

1555657585961»

Posts

  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    SC wrote: »
    celery77 wrote: »
    ege02 is a cool poster, makes good posts, frequently contributes in good faith, and generally extends nothing but respect to all the various members of this board, and he's rewarded with all kinds of personal attacks and disrespect.

    Personally I'd be pretty disappointed if he ever left here, because he's one of the better contributors in my book.

    He can be really arrogant and condescending though, not something that you can quite put your finger on but it can really bug the crap out of me. I think many others feel the same way.
    Arrogant and condescending -- you mean like ... ummm ... pretty much every single regular here?

    The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    SC wrote: »
    celery77 wrote: »
    ege02 is a cool poster, makes good posts, frequently contributes in good faith, and generally extends nothing but respect to all the various members of this board, and he's rewarded with all kinds of personal attacks and disrespect.

    Personally I'd be pretty disappointed if he ever left here, because he's one of the better contributors in my book.

    He can be really arrogant and condescending though, not something that you can quite put your finger on but it can really bug the crap out of me. I think many others feel the same way.

    No, the others are at fault, they are disrespectful to him because they project their own mistakes on him.

    Aldo on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited May 2007
    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    Oboro wrote: »
    I have to call to confirm a therapy appointment but I am reconsidering because every cent I own will be pissed away in the length of two weeks with no promise of anything good coming from it

    I could get a haircut instead

    My priorities are probably all in the wrong order but damnit if it isn't damnit
    I take it you're not eligible to governmental aid, then? :(
    It turns out my father wasn't able to voluntarily slice me out of his insurance like I thought he could. I do have insurance, but it only covers 40% of the first 25 outpatient mental health visits of the fiscal year-- afterwards, it pays nothing, and I have to meet a $250 deductible before I get reimbursed at all.

    I could get supplementary insurance or a different plan of my own or whatever, but I sort of stopped looking into Medicaid. I probably still am eligible, but I've been eligible for lots of government programs for a while now and I haven't done shit to claim them.

    I'm just about as motivated as a sack of beans. I'll stop talking about this sort of stuff in the future if I can remember to remember that it's not as much doom and gloom as it seems-- I just make it that way by being an uncommitting lie-about.
    Just get the Medicaid, Oboro. It's easy to do, and you're exactly the type of person it's there for.

    Thanatos on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceNf-11-ddI

    Completely unrelated, but funny in a sad way.

    Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Oboro wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    Oboro wrote: »
    I have to call to confirm a therapy appointment but I am reconsidering because every cent I own will be pissed away in the length of two weeks with no promise of anything good coming from it

    I could get a haircut instead

    My priorities are probably all in the wrong order but damnit if it isn't damnit
    I take it you're not eligible to governmental aid, then? :(
    It turns out my father wasn't able to voluntarily slice me out of his insurance like I thought he could. I do have insurance, but it only covers 40% of the first 25 outpatient mental health visits of the fiscal year-- afterwards, it pays nothing, and I have to meet a $250 deductible before I get reimbursed at all.

    I could get supplementary insurance or a different plan of my own or whatever, but I sort of stopped looking into Medicaid. I probably still am eligible, but I've been eligible for lots of government programs for a while now and I haven't done shit to claim them.

    I'm just about as motivated as a sack of beans. I'll stop talking about this sort of stuff in the future if I can remember to remember that it's not as much doom and gloom as it seems-- I just make it that way by being an uncommitting lie-about.
    Just get the Medicaid, Oboro. It's easy to do, and you're exactly the type of person it's there for.
    I wasn't going to say this myself, but listen to the Than. D:

    Aldo on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    SC wrote: »
    celery77 wrote: »
    ege02 is a cool poster, makes good posts, frequently contributes in good faith, and generally extends nothing but respect to all the various members of this board, and he's rewarded with all kinds of personal attacks and disrespect.

    Personally I'd be pretty disappointed if he ever left here, because he's one of the better contributors in my book.

    He can be really arrogant and condescending though, not something that you can quite put your finger on but it can really bug the crap out of me. I think many others feel the same way.

    No, the others are at fault, they are disrespectful to him because they project their own mistakes on him.
    Seriously though -- he frequently makes good OPs, good topics, and within a few pages it becomes less about the topic and more about him, and it's really not him that keeps dragging it there. Yeah -- I disagree with a lot of what he has to say, but I don't need to make it about him in order to disagree with his ideas. He disagrees with most of this board, too, but he rarely resorts to personal attacks in order to express his viewpoint.

    Anyway -- I like the guy, and I like the perspective he brings, and I like that he keeps talking with us even though he catches so much shit.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceNf-11-ddI

    Completely unrelated, but funny in a sad way.
    I gasped :o

    Stupid mother should keep her kid with her.

    Aldo on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    I'm at work but man I want to see that. I fucking hate Mark Cuban.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited May 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    ege02 is a cool poster, makes good posts, frequently contributes in good faith, and generally extends nothing but respect to all the various members of this board, and he's rewarded with all kinds of personal attacks and disrespect.

    Personally I'd be pretty disappointed if he ever left here, because he's one of the better contributors in my book.
    I agree with this, actually. Not that I generally agree with him or anything, but still, he puts forth an earnest effort and generally makes every attempt to be respectful.

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Celery's opinion has weight.

    Reconsiderations will be made.

    Shinto on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    I know it's easy, knowing that doesn't help! :(

    I just can't bring myself to do a damn thing about it. The information online is so goddamn murky. Because I like you Than and because I always do my best to follow through on your advice I'll at least go look online for a number to call or some sort of

    I just wish there was like a really nice office building full of really nice people and I sit down and then I fill out a form while I talk to them and then they tell me what I get and what I have to do to get it. I just can't deal with gaps and rigmarole and confusing things.

    I'd rather sit in [chat] ahurr ahurr

    I'll start looking online now for a # or whatever, Than.

    Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    Arrogant and condescending -- you mean like ... ummm ... pretty much every single regular here?

    Not quite, I can't really quantify the distinction between the average D&Ders arrogance and the type I perceive in him. Which is why I don't give him crap for no good reason.

    Leitner on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    SC wrote: »
    celery77 wrote: »
    ege02 is a cool poster, makes good posts, frequently contributes in good faith, and generally extends nothing but respect to all the various members of this board, and he's rewarded with all kinds of personal attacks and disrespect.

    Personally I'd be pretty disappointed if he ever left here, because he's one of the better contributors in my book.

    He can be really arrogant and condescending though, not something that you can quite put your finger on but it can really bug the crap out of me. I think many others feel the same way.

    The olol rape joke should really stop I think, it stopped being funny a long time ago.
    He has no idea how to present things basically and it shows because he's always surprised when people call him an idiot or a jackass.

    EDIT: I wish the olol rape thing had never happened because he keeps using it as the reason he gets pissed on, and it's not.

    electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Guys what should I name my blue troll this is of utmost importance?!

    Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Guys what should I name my blue troll this is of utmost importance?!

    Pic.

    Shinto on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Have I ever been arrogant?

    Also: Why do you hate Cuban?

    Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Guys what should I name my blue troll this is of utmost importance?!
    Sebastian Roderick Fletch

    just don't shorten it to Sebarof

    Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    Man, I hate days when I got less than 4 hours sleep the night before.

    Like last night. I got around 3 hours of sleep. Today I'm feeling tired and sick, like I'm going to throw up. And I have to go teach a class in 2 hours.
    Whoa, that's sort of creepy, only because every single word of it is exactly true for me right now. Doppleganger.

    Yar on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Shinto wrote: »
    Guys what should I name my blue troll this is of utmost importance?!

    Pic.

    IMG_0028.jpg

    Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh. A troll that eats people.

    I thought you meant the kind with funny hair.

    Sephiroth is fine then. Just make sure to hum a few bars of One Winged Angel whenever you are moving it.

    Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I hate Sephiroth.

    Hate hate hate HATE HATE HATE

    Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    I hate Sephiroth.

    Hate hate hate HATE HATE HATE
    Oboro wrote:
    hum a few bars of One Winged Angel

    Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    Oh. A troll that eats people.

    I thought you meant the kind with funny hair.

    Sephiroth is fine then. Just make sure to hum a few bars of One Winged Angel whenever you are moving it.

    I have a brown troll named Choco so that name will not do.

    Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Haig.

    Shinto on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Guys what should I name my blue troll this is of utmost importance?!
    Bob.

    Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Have I ever been arrogant?

    Also: Why do you hate Cuban?
    Okay not everyone is arrogant and condescending, but I mean to pick on ege02 alone for it...

    Also: Cuban is like the physical manifestation of everything that is obnoxious about Texas.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    Have I ever been arrogant?

    Also: Why do you hate Cuban?
    Okay not everyone is arrogant and condescending, but I mean to pick on ege02 alone for it...

    Also: Cuban is like the physical manifestation of everything that is obnoxious about Texas.

    Compared to most NBA/sports team owners, I think he's great.

    Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    Have I ever been arrogant?

    Also: Why do you hate Cuban?
    Okay not everyone is arrogant and condescending, but I mean to pick on ege02 alone for it...

    Also: Cuban is like the physical manifestation of everything that is obnoxious about Texas.

    Compared to most NBA/sports team owners, I think he's great.
    Why don't you move to Texas, then?

    The owner's job is not to be the star of the team. The owner's job is to support his players, yeah, which Cuban is great at, but not to sit behind the bench and make himself a pseudo-coach/GM and then to get in to trash-talking spats with other teams and such, and definitely not to air grievances (especially some of the petty ones he airs from time to time) about the league that should really be kept behind closed doors.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Can I somehow get special permission to have this as my avatar?

    sp_warrior4qtrgame34942kw.jpg

    The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited May 2007
    Yar wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Man, I hate days when I got less than 4 hours sleep the night before.

    Like last night. I got around 3 hours of sleep. Today I'm feeling tired and sick, like I'm going to throw up. And I have to go teach a class in 2 hours.
    Whoa, that's sort of creepy, only because every single word of it is exactly true for me right now. Doppleganger.
    Are you inexorably feeling an odd devotion to lumber-based causes?

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You should name it Aaron, Cass. :P

    Thanatos on
  • Options
    drinkinstoutdrinkinstout Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I just tried reading some SE++ and now my brain hurts just a little... think it might be time for lunch.

    drinkinstout on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited May 2007
    So my TV appears to be fixed. So I can now play the vidja games again as soon as Frankie catches up on her TV exposure.

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Judging by the announcement, I'm guessing everyone knows Falwell's dead.

    Is it wrong that as soon as I heard the news, I started singing "Ding, Dong, the Warlock's Dead"?

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Meiz on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited May 2007
    The big black ween is gone!

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, I cleaned it up yesterday. It was a transparency issue.

    Meiz on
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Arghhkespofmj

    I swear if I have to see that Chevrolet commercial with the Ella Fitzgerald wannabe one more time, I will not only never buy a Chevy out of pure spite, but, I don't know, rear-end Chevys on my way to work or something

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.