As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New [Fashion] thread. Quite stylish.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    One option for odd pant sizes is hemmed selvedge jeans

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

poo
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    One option for odd pant sizes is hemmed selvedge jeans

Some brands even sell pants only as 34s for every size below 34 because they're supposed to be rolled up or hemmed anyway.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    So I ordered a couple tracksuits and it turns out the company is in the UK so they got stuck in customs for two weeks, then the holidays happened and they got stuck in chicago for another week, which means I was unable to wear one for New Years

But now I have them and everything is fine
    ch8s3wujeauz.jpg

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    I got a pair of pants that are nylon on the outside and kind of puffy?

With cool stitching?

They look like uh fashion snow pants and I love them

poo
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Slouchy beanies are great.

I don't usually do headwear but I like these a lot.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    So I ordered a couple tracksuits and it turns out the company is in the UK so they got stuck in customs for two weeks, then the holidays happened and they got stuck in chicago for another week, which means I was unable to wear one for New Years

But now I have them and everything is fine
    ch8s3wujeauz.jpg

I feel like reading Hawkeye again now, bro.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Is that tracksuit made of velour?

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Is that tracksuit made of velour?

Oh my, yes

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    So this is fashion adjacent. It is a real bummer when you go in for a haircut and its an hour wait. Thats fine, i put my name down for the stylist i want to see and go run a couple errands that are in walking distance.

I come back after about 40 minutes and my wait time is down to 50 minutes. Goddamn it.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Bearded and mustachioed Pierce Brosnan can Get It

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2020
    I was immediately wanting to write something about him being Benoit Blanc's brother, but only after a few moments realised that Blanc is clean shaven.

Edit: new coat arrived.
    gneayuvgwndj.jpg

honovere on
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I like that coat. That is a nice coat.

sig.gif
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    I was immediately wanting to write something about him being Benoit Blanc's brother, but only after a few moments realised that Blanc is clean shaven.

gneayuvgwndj.jpg

Nice jacket, and there is absolutely NO reason why Benoit cannot have a brother with a moustache and goatee, as long as Pierce can do a great accent. For extra points, not only should Benoit's accent change from film to film, but his brother's should also change from film to film, and it should NEVER match his.

• SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    honovere wrote: »

gneayuvgwndj.jpg

Nice jacket, and there is absolutely NO reason why Benoit cannot have a brother with a moustache and goatee, as long as Pierce can do a great accent. For extra points, not only should Benoit's accent change from film to film, but his brother's should also change from film to film, and it should NEVER match his.

Bronhom should just do his accent from Taffin in every film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgTVrcRUMig

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    No, that's fucking abysmal.

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Was browsing Golden Globes pics and stumbled across the ageless Salma Hayek.

Oh, hi.

salma-hayek-tiffany-haddish-golden-globes-2020-03.jpg
    She is 53 years young.

Oh yeah, Salma Hayek is a goddess - no doubt about it.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I want to see that Pierce Brosnan as a Three Musketeers villain

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Salma Hayek was one of my first proper celebrity crushes thanks to her role in Dogma, and boy she is still just as stunningly beautiful as ever good lord

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    brosnon could be timothy daltons brother with that facial hair

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    brosnon could be timothy daltons brother with that facial hair

*furiously editing my Bond spec script*

007 and 006.9 (nice)

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I'll bet I could be an ageless beauty if I was married to a billionaire.

I'm 34 and I've already aged like yogurt so I dunno if bezos could save me

• FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Got a new wedding suit. Pretty happy with it.
    kf6yqsmewz0r.jpeg

Flarne on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    The return of facial hair as a normative male fashion choice

As long as it was kempt, it was never really out of fashion was it?

Like wild mountain man beards are the new trend I'm seeing.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    There are definitely a lot more beards than say the early part of the decade / late 2000s

People used to call people hipster for having beards then!

poo
    There are definitely a lot more beards than say the early part of the decade / late 2000s

I'm thinking like Benjamin Harrison or Grant versus Garfield or Hayes

The former? 100% still kosher, even for business jobs and interviews.

The latter? Definitely the Portland or Seattle lumberjack hipster style.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

Nah, it's just long beards versus short beards. Short beards were always around but big ol chest length were the hipster ones.

I have no idea how you folks do it that long, by the time it gets to like 2 inches long my face is so god damned itchy no matter how much product I use to alleviate it.

I guess I was also 22 in 2010
    But very few college folks had beards
    But now I feel like lots of people beard

poo
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    The bank I worked at in 2002 had a very strict no-beard policy and I hated it.

When I go in there nowadays, all 3 of the male employees are bearded up.

There's definitely more professional-setting acceptance of beards than there used to be.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    I guess I was also 22 in 2010
    But very few college folks had beards
    But now I feel like lots of people beard

beards are the best

also they hide your double chins

Or give you a semblance of a jawline

bowen wrote: »
    I have no idea how you folks do it that long, by the time it gets to like 2 inches long my face is so god damned itchy no matter how much product I use to alleviate it.

because we are manly men is why

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I have found some beard washes and conditioners are vastly superior to others

I like how I look with a longer beard, but constantly rubbing it on shirt collars gets annoying about two hours into the day. And there are a few hairs on the upper half that insist on curling back into my flesh and I lack the patience to train them with months of brushing

Probably chopping it back down to just a touch longer than stubble next week

Maybe I'll ask the barber to leave the stash a little longer than the rest, at least take a look at it

DouglasDanger on
    Magic Pink wrote: »

wait, who is

Magic Pink wrote: »

wait, who is

somebody somewhere i'm sure