As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New [Fashion] thread. Quite stylish.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about my Timbuk2. I got it because I knew someone working at the store at the time, so I got a bit of a discount, and it hasn't like, outright failed me in any way so I'm not going to stop using it for my commute. But it's definitely not something that I want to have on me for any longer than to and from work.

I'm very much not a bag person though, honestly. I've always kind of wanted to be? Like I love the idea of having a bag with me that has whatever books I want or space to carry things I pick up while out and about, but given the option I will almost assuredly end up ditching my bag at the first opportunity. So bag shopping always leaves me in that weird mix between knowing that I probably won't actually use it as much as I think I will and hoping that this is going to be the bag that I find comfortable enough to casually bring with me everywhere.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I don't have to wear a suit very often (like... Once a year?) but when I do, I get reminded how much I like these shoes.

bv171kw65g7d.jpg

(Allen Edmonds from the thrift store w/ Uniqlo socks)

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Pretty sure I have those exact same shoes and I fucking love them as they look great and are comfortable as fuck.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I have them as well but mine are turquoise and mirror-reflective.

so clearly i win the day

• Options
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Pretty sure I have those exact same shoes and I fucking love them as they look great and are comfortable as fuck.

I used to think dress shoes were just uncomfortable and that's just how it is. You suffer for formality.

But holy shit, when I found Allen Edmonds it felt like wearing sneakers. It's amazing how much of a difference in comfort good dress shoes make.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Nice brogues!

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »

I used to think dress shoes were just uncomfortable and that's just how it is. You suffer for formality.

But holy shit, when I found Allen Edmonds it felt like wearing sneakers. It's amazing how much of a difference in comfort good dress shoes make.

Might I suggest a slight upgrade to the shoes?

I have a collection of different color laces that I pair with the pocket square or tie I'm wearing when I'm in the shoes. Or just really any part of the outfit that I want to pop. It seems that they are very much on sale as well: https://www.allenedmonds.com/shoe-care/mens-shoe-care/laces/

• Options
    I am a little shocked that AE sells anything as cheap as 97 cents.

Just bought like all of them. Thanks!

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I wonder if I can use my beard trimmer to buzz my scalp

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2020

You can but keep in mind the # doesn't match up to the # you'd use for hair, it's much shorter.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

You can but keep in mind the # doesn't match up to the # you'd use for hair, it's much shorter.

I actually just did this last week, and I discovered mine came with a trimmer attachment that mimicked a regular hairstylist trimmer and the numbers matched. Yes though, if all you have is the beard trimmer guard, it'll cut way short.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    I literally just did that two days ago. It is indeed much shorter than a regular trimmer. I am looking at it as "Well at least I wont need another haircut for a LONG time" lol

• Options
    I wonder if my trimmer will have charge to do it one attempt

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    The first time I did it I used #5 that was more like #2 and was like "welp this is my life now" after the first swipe

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I'm just gonna take this opportunity to become the horrible, shambling mess of hair I was always destined to become.

Children will scream and hide behind their mothers who will then faint when they see me lurching down the street. Assuming we can ever go back onto the street.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Are we talking about Getafix or Cousin Itt here

Platy on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Captain Caveman

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I miss having thick hair on my scalp

• Options
    I dunno what the first thing is but my hair is coarse and about as manageable as a sort of desert scrub bush so probably not Cousin Itt. Too luxurious.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Captain Caveman

CAPTAIN CAAAAAAVEMAAAAAAAN

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I dunno what the first thing is but my hair is coarse and about as manageable as a sort of desert scrub bush so probably not Cousin Itt. Too luxurious.

And on the day that Uderzo died, too. Shameful
    dr73juog6fmh.jpeg

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    tynic wrote: »

dr73juog6fmh.jpeg

Oh shit

Getafix

The guy that brews up the magic potion

That's a pun that's passed me by for, what, a couple of decades at least?

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Ok. Here is a new outfit I recently picked up.
    z4duhcm46lbd.jpg

Really getting into a pencil skirt phase.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    the shoes really make that look pop

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    tynic wrote: »

dr73juog6fmh.jpeg

Oh my god I killed a man with my complete lack of culture and staggering ignorance that asshole fortune teller was right

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    the shoes really make that look pop

Thanks!

They are pleaser classique 20's with a 4" stilleto.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Decided that I'm gonna try to master Victory Rolls while I'm trapped at home!
    7z9qp4c97uxw.jpeg

It took several attempts; I'm using a little cylindrical comb called a Roll and Go for consistency's sake, but if you're skilled you can just do it with your fingers or even a paper towel roll, apparently

My big problem is mostly my hair being really fine, so the spray can knock it around a bit and make it look a bit frizzy if I'm not careful. Also just generally getting the shape right since pinning from the back means I have to be careful about how I'm orienting pins/my hands, since it's all backwards! (I also need to get pins which are my current hair colour, which may be an adventure in itself.)

Anyway, they're fun! Gonna learn some!!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    your hair continues to be fucking amazing

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I’m gonna have a backlog of fits to show the world in a few months

I guess new spring gear will have to wait for 2021...

poo
  • Options
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    I've been recently trying to improve how I present myself. Trying to improve myself in general really, but it's one of the building blocks.

Went out and spent the money on a couple of nice pairs of shoes, finally bit the bullet and bought some good polarized sunglasses (over my usual gas station aviators), and decided to start wearing a wristwatch.

The result is a weird mixture of slightly increased confidence and self-worth, while also feeling very weird about wearing things that, for me, are way beyond what I spend on wardrobe. I can't remember the last time I bought clothes that weren't socks, underwear, or a shirt on sale.

As soon as the world gets back on the mend I'm going for a haircut, which may just mentally break me.

• Options
    I’ve been at my parents house for almost 3 weeks

Of course, when I left I was like oh it’ll be just a few weeks and they have laundry

So I packed very little

I am tired of wearing the same things every day even though I’m not going anywhere

I miss all my clothes

And it’s not gonna be a few weeks, I doubt I’ll be back in NYC till at least another month

Maybe I’ll order some

After all, have to support small businesses in these times

poo
  • Options
    try to avoid anything that involves fulfillment through amazon, amazon warehouse workers are getting fired for striking to demand better pandemic saftey in their working conditions right now

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    try to avoid anything that involves fulfillment through amazon, amazon warehouse workers are getting fired for striking to demand better pandemic saftey in their working conditions right now

Oh I know
    When I say support small businesses I definitely do not mean Amazon

(Or really any publicly traded corporation)

The last people I bought clothes from the owner was shipping the stuff from his house in New Jersey since they had to close down the shop in the city

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options

Robin Williams was a Japanese streetwear guy

poo
  • Options
    god damn it I miss him

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    I can't wear blazers, but I want that blazer.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I don't wear cocktail dresses but man if I did...

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART