As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New [Fashion] thread. Quite stylish.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    peak sales for jncos were in 98, but they flamed out by the mid aughts

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    NEXT QUESTION

tl3qyjozfb9q.png
    vmd2ip753rle.png

Bracelet A or Bracelet B?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    A someone who regularly used rack bolts as cufflinks (don't do it kids, the corners are sharp and you'll ruin things) I rather dig the shackle aesthetic, but my vote goes to B. Someone will point out that it's a bit.. that one old meme though.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    IDK what the old meme is but I should mention that you won the shoe contest

I went #1 and will follow it up with #4 in black

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Bracelet A gives a strong manacles vibe to me, and brings some imagined associations with that.

I'd rather wear Bracelet B.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    neither they sort of look like pork rinds to me

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Look at this fancy pance has pork rinds with gold and bone in them.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Bracelet B looks like goatse

• Options
    PORK RINDS ARE A LEGITIMATE MEANS OF ARTISTIC EXPRESSION CHICO WE'RE NOT HAVING THIS ARGUMENT AGAIN

• Options
    OOoOOH

Well now I can't unsee it

But I do still like the bracelet so fuck the haters I guess

They also have black leather versions! But I'm thinking I should branch out? idk

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    fuck the haters I guess

truly the motto of the fashoin thread

edit: yes it's pronounced fuh-SHOYN now

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    BhowBhow Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is sweet.Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Bracelet B (though now I can't unsee it, thanks DD).

The clasp on A, for me, would hit EVERYTHING and probably smash a few drinking glasses.

e: (though maybe it's not as large/heavy as I imagine.)

Bhow on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I prefer bracelet a, I think

It definitely has a wrist cuff/manacle vibe though, so uhh, recognize the energy you're bringing

Also obviously it would be better in black, although that wouldn't help matters for sure

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    bracelet b is cool

bracelet a isn't bad but doesn't do anything for me in particular

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Bhow wrote: »
    Bracelet B (though now I can't unsee it, thanks DD).

The clasp on A, for me, would hit EVERYTHING and probably smash a few drinking glasses.

e: (though maybe it's not as large/heavy as I imagine.)

yeah this is my problem with A, I feel like I'd ruin some tables with it

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Bracelet B does look a bit odd straight-on, but I don’t think that’s going to be as apparent in a natural real life environment.

I like it a lot more than A, as I’m not a fan of overlapping bands at all, but that’s mostly because I have hairy arms which is a nightmare with those kinds of accessories.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    0xqwgCT.jpg

Nature

I wish my tee was a size larger tho

I love the artist’s stuff (Sophy Hollington), is merch from a concert from a band I love

She made a really cool t shirt with Beams that I want but it’s only available in Japan

Has anyone used a proxy service before...?

poo
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    that size shirt looks good on you I think, if it's uncomfortable that's another matter though

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    that size shirt looks good on you I think, if it's uncomfortable that's another matter though

Yeah, it’s good generally, but depends on how I’m feeling
    I have some tees of this fit, but some I like slightly oversize
    With the looser pants a slightly looser tee could be nice

Also with regaining my gut in the last 6 months...

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    I think it looks good on you, Shaz! Especially with the hat and the pants combo, the pants with a very flowy shirt of a different style would be one thing, going for that sort of look, but I tend to feel like t-shirts should be fitted or not worn at all.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Haha, I looked at that t-shirt and thought that it was a bit big

But we're on opposite sides of that spectrum

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    @Lost Salient

Bracelet A. That shackle there reminds me of my now mothballed profession, thus I find myself suddenly and deeply fond of it. :biggrin:

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    So my shirt turned up and I am of course very happy with it

2472153481764091502.jpg

So now of course I want another shirt in similar styles and cuts

Fjallraven do really nice clothes, very ethical company too, and I have seen one of their shirts on offer. But the question is, which one do I get?

b05461upg8x4.png

r4b44zve4evi.png

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Just mind that fjallraven clothes are on the larger size when ordering.

• Options
    Yeah? Good to know

• Options
    At least in my experience. Was tempted to get a coat several times, but they just couldn't fit skinny me. damn you tall and handsome Scandinavians!

• Options
    I'll probably just go for medium

Tends to be pretty good usually, and a little baggy isn't a big deal if you wear it for day drinking or walking up a hill

• Options
    edited May 2020
    yeah, my fjallraven jacket is an XS and still roomy enough for me to layer under (i wear S in most outerwear tops)

scandanavians are big people

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Y'all looking good

• Options
    edited May 2020
    i grabbed a pair of these on memorial day sale from battenwear:
    CampShortsBlackFront_800x.jpg?v=1585004585

but as you've seen from me, i tend to go to bright colors, and i realize for summer too that yellow works pretty well for me (per my last photo)

wondering if i should exchange for mustard
    CampShortsMustardFront_800x.jpg?v=1585004643

they have a midnight blue, and a tan, and a teal, but i was mostly deciding between this black and this mustard

thoughts? now that i think of it, mustard would work well with a lot of tops (white tees, black tees, colorful tees)
    but i guess so does the black

i realize also these are similar to patagonia baggies, and what makes patagonia baggies work best is bright fun colors

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    I'm always a big fan of mustardy and or warm yellow so I vote for version 2

• Options
    @solar

patagonia is also obviously a quality ethical brand and has some good flannels - they've got a handful on sale half off

https://www.patagonia.com/product/mens-long-sleeved-fjord-flannel-shirt/191743841101.html

gray.jpg?sw=1300&sh=1300&ox=0&oy=0&oimg=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.patagonia.com%2Fdw%2Fimage%2Fv2%2FBDJB_PRD%2Fon%2Fdemandware.static%2F-%2FSites-patagonia-master%2Fdefault%2Fdwdfcda461%2Fimages%2Fhi-res%2F53947_FDBB.png%3Fsw%3D1300%26sh%3D1300%26q%3D75&sfrm=png&q=75

i like this one, but there are a few different patterns on sale, likin the look of these a bit more than the ones you linked above

poo
  • Options
    Patagonia flannels are very good

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    I'm always a big fan of mustardy and or warm yellow so I vote for version 2

yeah i'm thinking i agree here

sadly i already made the order and wish i'd thought that through a bit before, but it seems like they'll be chill about making an exchange

poo
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    @Solar Go with the first of those two shirts you posted. (Or, really, get both... but if you're just getting one, get that first one.)

• Options
    Yeah?

I'm leaning towards 1 as well

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    It's quite different from the one you got already, so you hit other colour schemes than blues if you want.

• Options
    gray.jpg?sw=1300&sh=1300&ox=0&oy=0&oimg=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.patagonia.com%2Fdw%2Fimage%2Fv2%2FBDJB_PRD%2Fon%2Fdemandware.static%2F-%2FSites-patagonia-master%2Fdefault%2Fdw0191787d%2Fimages%2Fhi-res%2F53947_OBWG.png%3Fsw%3D1300%26sh%3D1300%26q%3D75&sfrm=png&q=75

quite like this color too

but for the fjallravens i would vote 1 as well

poo
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    So my shirt turned up and I am of course very happy with it

2472153481764091502.jpg

So now of course I want another shirt in similar styles and cuts

Fjallraven do really nice clothes, very ethical company too, and I have seen one of their shirts on offer. But the question is, which one do I get?

b05461upg8x4.png

r4b44zve4evi.png

No Joke I bet you could really pull off the logger look if you went full beard.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    I aint really a beard guy haha

Like to stay nice and clean shaven

But I am basically embracing the outdoorsy look as I like it a lot!