As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New [Fashion] thread. Quite stylish.

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Ended up getting the Indochino suit I was eyeing as it just went on $100 off promotion (22%!!). Hopefully everything gets made well and doesn't require alterations though I should have plenty of time in case something does come up. I was eyeing Suitsupply but the one I liked was quite a bit more expensive than the MTM one I got and I don't really wear suits often enough (probably <6 times per year) to pony up the extra couple hundred bucks.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    This t shirt having been abrasioned by my tote bag and therefore pilling is somehow infinitely frustrating

Also my shorts

Maybe cuz I should know better
    Or cuz they’re soft and new

I hate pilling!!!

And I like that tote bag but ugh

poo
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    One of my favourite lines is Vixen by Micheline Pitt, and they do bright floral vintage-style patterns (in contrast to their other line, La Femme En Noir, which does neo-noir style dresses and.....some billowing pants I really ought to recommend to Tynic)

Anyway they introduced a new line aimed at work-from-home wear that involves either new patterns for a jumpsuit or some revisited ones, done in much more comfy fabric (so it looks professional on camera but feels like loungewear)

Anyway if I land the remote work job I'm interviewing for I'll have to invest in a few pieces because man, good concept

These are amazing suggestions and I love them!

Thank you!

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Anyone got a line on a good place to buy clothes from that actually makes sure people are paid well to make them?

After realizing I still have t-shirts from like when I was a child that I still wear I figure I can probably pay higher prices for fewer things that are made by people who are actually paid. Like I don't need shirts to be $5 if I'm going to amortize them over several decades.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Anyone got a line on a good place to buy clothes from that actually makes sure people are paid well to make them?

After realizing I still have t-shirts from like when I was a child that I still wear I figure I can probably pay higher prices for fewer things that are made by people who are actually paid. Like I don't need shirts to be $5 if I'm going to amortize them over several decades.

Huckberry Flint and Tinder line is supposed to be decently ethical, I think

I've heard good things about Patagonia, but that was years ago, might be worth looking into deeper

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Patagonia are pretty good. Finisterre are UK based so not sure about international availability but they are also very ethical. Rab and Rapanui are pretty good too, again though UK based.

• Options
    I think Prana are generally considered to be quite ethical too

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Prana, Patagonia, and REI are solid choices in the "outdoorsy" market. Also just quality stuff in general if that's your style/hobby.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I've heard good stuff about NOAH is really good, a bit pricey but good.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Ever lane is supposed to be ethical and transparent about where their clothes come from

https://www.everlane.com/factories

• Options
    Patagonia is good for sure

NOAH shit is dope if you like more streetwear stuff

I buy a lot of stuff from smaller brands, if they're a small brand (not like some dropshipping shit) then usually that's pretty good, like standard issue tees is made in LA

poo
  • Options
    i shall post some more recent outfits for external validation even tho they're mostly selfies because my room is messy so you don't get to see the bottoms alas and the one that's not a selfie my eyes are doing funny things
    p8w9pss3gnse.jpeg

jz03yx6ht1n9.jpeg

g8qr1rlmbf24.jpeg

nfy1815tm5df.jpeg

poo
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Liking those hats, man.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Starting to really need a haircut

20210620-151416.jpg

• Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    Liking those hats, man.

I’ve embraced the bucket

poo
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Starting to really need a haircut

20210620-151416.jpg

The mirrored legs in that monument make you look like you got stubby little legs. Is that your secret to rock climbing? Less mass for your arms to haul around?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    You're looking at peak male performance, yes :cool:

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    That's a cool little monument, what is it?

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    I, uh, felt pretty good last night.
    h1hhxy9y8gdb.jpg

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Peak summer look for me.
    c9226p5e7s8m.jpg

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Today I had to cut the inside seam on the sleeves of my nice Hawaiian shirt to get my arms through.

On the one hand, that's kind of a bummer. On the other, that's fuckin awesome.

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a few names of reputable online shoe stores? Nothing fancy, but I'm trying to get some sneakers and I do not trust Amazon.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Label wrote: »
    Does anyone have a few names of reputable online shoe stores? Nothing fancy, but I'm trying to get some sneakers and I do not trust Amazon.

I've not had any issue with Zappos but they're also part of Amazon so take that as you will.

If you're looking for running shoes Fleet Feet is great and you may be able to find a local store. The sneakers I bought from them a couple of years ago are the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever owned. They go through a process of scanning your feet to find shoes that best fit the shape of you feet, instep, and use case.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    DSW I guess? I mean they're generally a place I would go to in person but you can buy stuff online too.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I usually use Skechers' website, but that's more for work shoes or sneakers.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Yeah, normally you can just go to the manufacturers website and purchase there

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I wish I could find tshirts that are made from nice cloth and had like, pretty embroidery and stuff. Jeans too. But instead, anything remotely nice is made for skinny or athletic people, instead of someone with skinny arms and legs with a potato torso. I just want pretty, baggy clothing that I can hide my disgusting flesh prison in, instead of regular jeans and cheap tshirts with funny pictures

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Love all the people posting on a photo of me on Facebook "oh hey, you're looking good" like they expected me to have fully crumbled to dust by now

... To be fair I too am surprised at my continued physical cohesion.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    "surprised you're not dead! xoxo"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    This morning at coffee shop some young man sed he really like my shoes

t3gayvzenz57.jpeg

Said shoes which I mostly wear to go get coffee cuz they’re slip on

Featuring gigantic choco croissant

poo
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    I tried to find the chocolate croissant on the shoes for a bit too long

• Options
    croissant crumbs on my pant legs lmao

poo
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    f2ydgujivc8y.jpg

"You look like you belong in that coffee shop"

Friend after she took a picture of me.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Commissioned a friend to make a set of beard-friendly masks for me, and the prototype is looking good so far!

i4da0dteiqfs.jpg

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    That is
    A really good idea

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    and you're ready to rustle some cattle and rob a train, too

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh hey I would buy some if she's selling. All my friends here have massive quarantine beards and it meshes badly with masks.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Yeah. Mine definitely just looks like a face mask with a poorly-executed fake beard glued to the bottom for no reason.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    tynic wrote: »
    Oh hey I would buy some if she's selling. All my friends here have massive quarantine beards and it meshes badly with masks.

Yeah I said she should make a bunch of extras and sell them, so I think she's considering it. I'll let you know if she does!

Veldrin on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Hey Nic in the meantime the bipoc-owned brand Diop from Detroit is making them

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN