• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    where is velveeta

Disqualified on a technicality.
    Because it's not technically a cheese.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    How about this, with American plastic sliced cheese, do you put more than one slice on?

What kind of bread do you use? Plain white loaf? artisinal? Baguette?

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Gruyere
    Wheat bread because white bread is just incorporated flour and tastes like nothing.

And it is always at least two slices because I shop at Costco and that cheese has to GO before the expiration date.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    American
    Cheese is fine

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    SOME OTHER KIND
    All cheese, any cheese

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Cheddar
    Grilled cheese needs white bread, the fact that it has essentially no flavor of it's own works in it's favor

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    SOME OTHER KIND
    Yeah man

I’m a bachelor this week while my wife and baby are visiting family across the country

Made myself a hot sandwich with melted cheese in it

A microwaved ham and swiss

There was a little mold on the bread that I had to pick off but otherwise good

I think this means my opinions re: the thread topic are supreme

• Options
    Gruyere
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Grilled cheese needs white bread, the fact that it has essentially no flavor of it's own works in it's favor

Hahahaaa, nope!

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Well i tried Havarti last night. I find it a little too mild for my liking but its not bad by any means.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    American
    Psykoma wrote: »
    How about this, with American plastic sliced cheese, do you put more than one slice on?

What kind of bread do you use? Plain white loaf? artisinal? Baguette?

I like a decent buttermilk white bread, or sourdough.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    American
    potentially controversial opinion but I think the kind of bread you use for a grilled cheese is more important than what cheese you use. Bad bread will always make a bad sandwich, there's no cheese bad enough to make a bad grilled cheese (except maybe blue cheese but don't use blue cheese you monsters).

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Cheddar
    And now I have learned that Peen has bad opinions.
    Blue cheese is great, especially combined with something else in a grilled cheese.

American is garbage poop from a sewer.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    American
    Counterpoint:

DKLoFLD.gif

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Cheddar
    Quite often, yes. But not here, friend. Not today.

• Options
    Is it still a grilled cheese if I use american with tortilla shells because that's all the bread I have at home?

• Options
    American
    Is it still a grilled cheese if I use american with tortilla shells because that's all the bread I have at home?

Isn't that a quesadilla?

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Cheddar

Yes

Quesadillas are grilled cheese

• Options
    American
    For some reason I could really go for a huevos rancheros

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    American

That's a quesadilla

• Options
    I always felt like an integral part of a quesadilla was meat and veg, not just cheese so I wasn't willing to call that one.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    SOME OTHER KIND
    but it's not a grilled cheese sandwich though as it's in between tortillas right?

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    no one wants to argue about whether hot dogs are sandwiches anymore.

now we all argue about whether quesadillas are.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Cheddar
    I think you could crumble some blue cheese onto other cheese in a grill cheese and it would be good

But also, we're talking about grill cheese, this is perhaps the one situation where you cannot even try to dunk on American cheese

It is the defacto standard, it's creamy and melts well and compliments tomato soup

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    SOME OTHER KIND
    If you are only using 1 cheese and not a blend, you already lost.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    SOME OTHER KIND
    Pepper jack, or some other equally spicy cheese. Trader Joes had a great buffalo wing cheese.

But whatever it is, the real key for me is pickles. Absolutely can not eat a grilled cheese without some pickles on the side.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    SOME OTHER KIND
    Night 2 of temporary bachelordom shall now include quesadillas

• Options
    Gruyere
    I always felt like an integral part of a quesadilla was meat and veg, not just cheese so I wasn't willing to call that one.

The simplest quesadilla is tortilla and cheese. Meat and guac/grilled onions/grilled peppers are accouterments that are much appreciated, but not necessary.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    SOME OTHER KIND
    Tomorrow I'll be making pepperoni melts with cheddar, provolone, and colbyjack. I wish I could get plain colby anywhere but at a deli counter. Shit's expensive.

I will likely also use the rest of the porkroll I bought the other day. It is very yummy

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Got very drunk one night in gradschool and really wanted a grilled cheese sandwich, but didn't have bread.

Thankfully I had bacon so I made 2 bacon weaves, each the size of a piece of bread. Then inbetween I put a slice of sharp cheddar, then a spread I had pre-made in my fridge of cream cheese, chopped up jalapenos, and siracha, and another slice of sharp cheddar. Enclosed in another bacon weave. Put on the skillet until the bacon was crispy and the cheese was gooey.

My heart hurt after that but it was so good.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Havarti
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Got very drunk one night in gradschool and really wanted a grilled cheese sandwich, but didn't have bread.

Thankfully I had bacon so I made 2 bacon weaves, each the size of a piece of bread. Then inbetween I put a slice of sharp cheddar, then a spread I had pre-made in my fridge of cream cheese, chopped up jalapenos, and siracha, and another slice of sharp cheddar. Enclosed in another bacon weave. Put on the skillet until the bacon was crispy and the cheese was gooey.

You took 8 years off of your life.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular

You took 8 years off of your life.

That was around the same time I had to be in Vegas for some interviews, as well as a trip with my girlfriend, so I was there for a total of 8 days

I should have died that week.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    SOME OTHER KIND

I love that you had no bread but enough bacon to make two bread-sized weaves

That's proper student food planning

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    SOME OTHER KIND
    The best is a monstrous cheese chimera created with science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFAN6L7xnvY

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I appreciate that toastie because it is seriously just bread and cheddar cheese.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Havarti
    I appreciate that toastie because it is seriously just bread and cheddar cheese.

bmtq4ihcgrwb.jpeg

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I do not get this reference.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    SOME OTHER KIND
    Mortal Kombat.

In the original, when doing a combo, sometimes that portrait of some dude would pop up and proclaim "Toasty!"

Do not ask me who it is or what the parameters are to be declared toasty, for I do not know.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Havarti
    I do not get this reference.

s0r9ydlw4hxl.jpeg