As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Anthem] Death from Above ! and Sideways ! sometimes even from Below !

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I find it strange that you would call Anthem that and suggest that Andromeda was any different, but to each their own, I guess

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I guess it needs to be said, yet again, that pointing out a game's financial/development troubles is absolutely not the same thing as saying it's a bad game. I've enjoyed plenty of games that were sales bombs. We promise we're not shitting on your good times.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    People are reading things into my post that are not there.

I don’t think people are attacking those who enjoy the game personally, or that somehow critique of EA/BioWare is a critique of those still willing to give it a whirl now and then.

Simply that reports of the game’s death are premature, and that if we wanted to hear about how this is bad... FOR OBAMA, err, BioWare, there are several handy Reddit’s and YouTubers who are quite eager to explain its pending demise at length.

We can safely say, we get it. The whole thing has been a shitshow, Cataclysm wasn’t flawless but it has been pretty fun as something new. It certainly makes me wish 2-3 of my friends were willing to pick it back up and not have to rely on pub players or wildly different skill/experience levels.

But, again, my point wasn’t that the game is beyond criticism or that I’m personally offended. Just that it was getting tiresome to have 7 new posts in a mostly dead thread only to find several of them mostly just calling it a dead game.

Like, folks, step back and realize that “whether or not anthem is dead” has been the continued focus of conversation. And I’m aware that I’m perpetuating that, but I’m also feeling misrepresented after trying to express a much more nuanced take on the matter.

That’s all. The game isn’t in a great place, even if it’s got something shiny and new for the first time in a while. Otherwise, we get it, and continuing to focus on the presumed killing blow that’ll land any day now isn’t contributing anything to the thread we don’t already know.

When it dies, sure, yeah, let’s go over that. Until then, haven’t the last half year of pending death proclamations been enough?

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Forar wrote: »

I don’t think people are attacking those who enjoy the game personally, or that somehow critique of EA/BioWare is a critique of those still willing to give it a whirl now and then.

Simply that reports of the game’s death are premature, and that if we wanted to hear about how this is bad... FOR OBAMA, err, BioWare, there are several handy Reddit’s and YouTubers who are quite eager to explain its pending demise at length.

We can safely say, we get it. The whole thing has been a shitshow, Cataclysm wasn’t flawless but it has been pretty fun as something new. It certainly makes me wish 2-3 of my friends were willing to pick it back up and not have to rely on pub players or wildly different skill/experience levels.

But, again, my point wasn’t that the game is beyond criticism or that I’m personally offended. Just that it was getting tiresome to have 7 new posts in a mostly dead thread only to find several of them mostly just calling it a dead game.

Like, folks, step back and realize that “whether or not anthem is dead” has been the continued focus of conversation. And I’m aware that I’m perpetuating that, but I’m also feeling misrepresented after trying to express a much more nuanced take on the matter.

That’s all. The game isn’t in a great place, even if it’s got something shiny and new for the first time in a while. Otherwise, we get it, and continuing to focus on the presumed killing blow that’ll land any day now isn’t contributing anything to the thread we don’t already know.

When it dies, sure, yeah, let’s go over that. Until then, haven’t the last half year of pending death proclamations been enough?

I double-checked this thread, and nobody said the game is dead. Except for multiple people saying "I'm tired of people saying this game is dead!" We just said this is probably a bad sign. And again, there's just some of us that find behind-the-scenes stuff interesting.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    No they didn't say that there wouldn't be, I'm not claiming they did.

I still think I'm right though. The idea that this is a positive thing for Anthem and great things are coming down the pipeline is naive

You said it like it was fact that Cataclysm is the final major content update.

well, I do think that.

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

If people were chatting about Cataclysm and trying to form groups and what not, and other people were saying "Shut up, this is a dead game, you guys are delusional!" that would be very rude behavior that should cease. But nobody did that. Some people came by to say they loved Cataclysm and then there was a new update from the dev and people talked about that. There was really NO NEED for meta commentary of "don't talk about the major news item that the developer just released because it makes me feel sad."

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

If people were chatting about Cataclysm and trying to form groups and what not, and other people were saying "Shut up, this is a dead game, you guys are delusional!" that would be very rude behavior that should cease. But nobody did that. Some people came by to say they loved Cataclysm and then there was a new update from the dev and people talked about that. There was really NO NEED for meta commentary of "don't talk about the major news item that the developer just released because it makes me feel sad."

There had, in fact, been 5+ pages of people talking about the Cataclysm event and the new weapons. So, there has been plenty of positive talk about Anthem from people still enjoying the game. As I said in my post, I wish I was one of those people enjoying the game, on paper it's right up my alley. But we're allowed to discuss the negative in here, as well. This isn't Reddit, where every Anthem story gets a knee-jerk "neener neener Anthem is the worst game ever Fuck EA your idiots for liking Anthem".

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

There had, in fact, been 5+ pages of people talking about the Cataclysm event and the new weapons. So, there has been plenty of positive talk about Anthem from people still enjoying the game. As I said in my post, I wish I was one of those people enjoying the game, on paper it's right up my alley. But we're allowed to discuss the negative in here, as well. This isn't Reddit, where every Anthem story gets a knee-jerk "neener neener Anthem is the worst game ever Fuck EA your idiots for liking Anthem".

I personally bounced off Anthem early (incredibly combat in a mediocre package), but I've been playing Bioware games since the second Baldur's Gate and count RPGs as my favorite gaming genre. I periodically check in on this thread for business news and a general overview of the state and future of Bioware.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    *snip*

Ah fuck it. I’m just adding to the problem. I’m out.

Forar on
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Yeah I'ma just step out for a minute and take a sabbatical from this reductionist stuff

• Options
    Anthem's down to $9.99 on all platforms on Amazon, if you've been waiting on a good price.

• Options
    Patch Notes! Halloween event! (lots of skellingtons thrown around on the floor) Remixed Cataclysm instances! Freeplay boss summons! Guaranteed Legendary chest purchases! Mass salvage button.
    New Features
    The Cataclysm is back with updates for the Season of Skulls. The higher your score, the more seasonal currency you’ll be awarded to spend at the seasonal store.
    New Season of Skulls Freeplay events. Successfully finish three of these events in one Freeplay session to spawn a boss encounter.
    Learn more about Season of Skulls lore through a scavenger hunt and new data archives.
    Mass Salvage is now available on all inventory management screens.
    The chance to obtain a legendary item from a war chest has increased by 250%
    A Legendary-Only War Chest has been added to the Seasonal Store

Bug Fixes & Improvements

Fixed various crashes for stabilization.
    Auto-loot now works for all high-rarity loot drops in a game session.
    When flying into obstacles, javelins now automatically go into hover mode instead of crashing to the ground
    General Cataclysm Changes/Fixes:
    All challenges that awarded major crystals now reward 500 minor crystals instead.
    Turrets will no longer respawn once destroyed in Sea of Takaro and Castle Kelrik.
    Teleporters are now immediately re-usable after teleporting.
    “Daily: Repair” no longer auto-completes when a player returns to Fort Tarsis.
    Fixed an issue in which the Expedition Tracked menu could display incorrect difficulty level.
    Updates to inscription tooltips for Combo Damage bonus clarify which javelin a bonus applies to. Colossus Combo damage bonus is now "Combo Blast Dmg", Ranger is "Combo Imp Dmg", Storm is "Combo Chains", and Interceptor is "Combo Aura Eff".
    Fixed an issue where the Acid Status Effect would not increase damage taken from the “acid” damage type
    Aim assist has been adjusted so that it doesn’t “pop” onto enemies as easily
    Updated multiple weapon and gear piece descriptions to read “armor” instead of “suit health”.
    The Badge of Devastation component no longer shares an icon with Emergency Power.
    Gun Updates:
    Assault Rifles
    Defender/Elemental Rage/Pyrrhic Victory
    Base Damage 16->24.1
    Hammerhead/Ralner's Blaze
    Base Damage 24.1->34
    The fire status effect applied by Ralner’s Blaze is now correctly affected by damage inscriptions.

Light Machine Guns
    Relentless
    Base Damage 18.9->26.4
    Artinia's Gambit
    Base Damage 37.8->52.8
    Havoc
    Base Damage 14.8->22.5
    Renewed Courage
    Base Damage 23.7->35.9
    Sledgehammer
    Base Damage 28.5->43.1
    Cycle of Pain
    Base Damage 41.3->62.6

Marksman Rifles
    Scout/Thunderbolt of Yvinia
    Base Damage 36.5->39.7
    Anvil
    Base Damage 60.8->70.2
    Soothing Touch
    Base Damage 103.4->119

Autocannons
    Torrent/Endless Siege
    Base Damage 26.4->27.6
    Cloudburst/Fist of Strahl
    Base Damage 19.7->20.4
    Mauler/The Last Stand
    Base Damage 18.6->19.6
    Fixed an issue that prevented Autocannon damage types from displaying as intended. The Anti-Armor damage type is now shown correctly.

SMG's
    Fulcrum/Unending Battle
    Base Damage 8.9->12
    Trajector/Retaliation of Garretus
    Base Damage 14.3->26.3
    Hailstorm
    Base Damage 6.9->10.8
    Vassa's Surprise
    Base Damage 15->21.6

Heavy Pistol
    Barrage/Close Encounter
    Base Damage 18.1->26.5
    Resolution/Glorious Result
    Base Damage 47.9->48.4

Shotgun
    Scattershot/Papa Pump
    Base Damage 16.6-20.8
    Constrictor/Radiant Fortress
    Base Damage 17.7->18.1
    Vengeance/Rolling Carnage
    Base Damage 12.9->24.1

Grenade Launcher
    Fixed an issue that prevented Grenade Launcher damage types from displaying as intended; the Anti-Armor damage type is now shown correctly.

Sniper Rifle
    Deadeye/Wyvern Blitz
    Base Damage 240->246
    Fixed an issue that prevented the damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Physical damage.
    Whirlwind/Siege Breaker
    Fixed an issue that prevented the damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Anti-Shield damage.
    Devastator/Truth of Tarsis
    Fixed an issue that prevented the damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Anti-Armor damage.

Pulse Accelerator
    Bad Omen
    Fixed an issue that prevented the damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Physical damage.
    Rainmaker

Blade Slinger
    Fixed an issue that prevented Blade Slinger damage types from working as intended; all now correctly display and function as Physical damage.

Volt Caster
    Jarra’s Wrath
    The Electric status effect applied by Jarra’s Wrath is now correctly affected by damage inscriptions.

Javelin Updates
    Ranger Gear Updates:
    Venom Darts/Tactical Onslaught
    Now displays the correct number of status effect stacks
    Inferno Grenade/Explosive Blaze
    Status effect stacks increased to 100
    Frost Grenade/Cold Blooded
    The Gambit
    Masterwork/legendary effect (as seen in the orange text on the item description) is now correctly affected by gear damage inscriptions.
    Ember’s Lance
    Masterwork/legendary effect (as seen in the orange text on the item description) is now correctly affected by gear damage inscriptions.
    Relentless Pursuit
    Increased damage by 50%
    Vanguard’s Rampart
    Vanguard’s Rampart masterwork/legendary effect (as seen in the orange text on the item description) is no longer reapplied each time a player enters the bubble.

Colossus Gear Updates:
    Firewall Mortar
    Rubidium Furnace
    Damage is now correctly affected by local gear damage inscriptions.
    Venom Storm
    Lightning Coil/Vassa's Arc
    Fixed an issue that prevented its damage type from working as intended. Now correctly displays and functions as Electric damage.
    Shock Coil/Voltaic Dome
    Fixed an issue that prevented its damage type from working as intended. Now correctly displays and functions as Electric damage.
    Titan’s Hail

Storm Gear Updates:
    Shock Burst/Seal of the Open Mind
    Icestorm/Winter's Wrath
    Binary Star
    Fixed an issue that prevented the damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Fire damage.

Interceptor Gear Updates:
    Interceptor Combo Aura
    Interceptors now deal the correct amount of combo damage based on enemy material (shield, armor, or flesh) if the target is primed by Electricity.
    Venom Bomb & Serpent’s Veil
    Tesilar Trap
    Cryo Glaive & Absolute Zero
    Fixed an issue that prevented the damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Ice damage.
    Detonating Strike
    Fixed an issue that prevented the damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Electric damage.
    Cariff's Talon
    Damage is now correctly affected by local gear damage inscriptions.
    Fixed an issue that prevented the damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Electric damage.
    Tempest Strike
    Sudden Death
    Wraith Strike, Shadow Claw, and Spectre’s Flash

Interceptor Melee Updates:
    Venomous Blades/Twin Blades
    Smalls hits went from 38->50 base damage
    Big hits went from 105->100 base damage
    Deathstalker Blades
    Small hits went from 38->75 base damage
    Big hits went from 105->150 base damage
    MasterWork property - Used to deal 60 damage per hit on targets below 50%. Now doubles melee hit damage on targets below 50%.
    Blades of Warding
    Small hits went from 38->87.5 base damage
    Big hits went from 105->175 base damage
    Ultimate
    Small hits went from 55->75 base damage

Storm Melee Updates:
    Searing Blast
    Fixed an issue that prevented the damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Fire damage.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    When flying into obstacles, javelins now automatically go into hover mode instead of crashing to the ground

5trdn92x2lz8.png

My comedic pratfalls!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I waited till this went off the first page so I couldn't be accused of bullying but
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    the statement posted on this page is corporate speak for 'we have scaled back our commitment to this project'
    we are moving away from the Acts structure for updates
    is corporate for 'large content chunks that require significant new assets are prohibitively expensive at this time'
    additional seasonal updates
    is corporate for 'halloween and christmas themed events where previously used content is reskinned and altered slightly and given a new reward structure'

is equal to
    Bioware wrote:
    New Features
    The Cataclysm is back with updates for the Season of Skulls. The higher your score, the more seasonal currency you’ll be awarded to spend at the seasonal store.
    New Season of Skulls Freeplay events. Successfully finish three of these events in one Freeplay session to spawn a boss encounter.
    Learn more about Season of Skulls lore through a scavenger hunt and new data archives.

I CAN SEE THE FUTURE
    I'm sorry it's still bullying

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    I mean... yeah?

Maybe I'm some kind of weirdo, but I find seasonal events appealing. It's only around for a while, I play it for a bit here and there, snag a few skins or whatever, and call it a day.

Anthem was a solid flop with my group, but I enjoy it enough to get in a Cataclysm round or two here and there. I've given up on caring about the allied premium currency stipend each week, so it's something small to get me back in every couple of days for the event, but not enough that I feel the need to put in 5 hour marathon sessions just to get something out of it.

A casual level incentive with (in game currency) loot boxes to give the hardcore players and grinders that are left something to crack open.

Is it a major overhaul? No. Is it more than some were expecting? Absolutely, given the posts that essentially amounted to 'whelp, Anthem is dead'.

It's a matter of perspective and managed expectations. They told us we'd get seasonal events, we've got one. Yay!

Doing the Cataclysm from a new launch point alone is interesting enough for me, at least for the span of however long this is running for.

• Options
    Yeah, IDK. There are only a handful of games-as-services that don't have a holiday themed event up atm, and those are either because they just came out of one, or pushed a major upgrade.

• Options
    It's almost as if developers are capable of simultaneously working on short-term insubstantial content as well as long-term substantial content and the existence of one doesn't preclude the other

Novel idea, if true

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah their press release came out and said they are killing the schedule as they want to dive into the core stuff and fix it. Given the loot designer hires 6 months back, it makes sense to fix the foundation before releasing some major side content that they can market to get people to come back.

What's the trick with the starter puzzle? I've never been really good at that one. The gates strip the weights off as well. Do you have to have 2 people working together?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    It seems more than a little odd that, eight months in, they're still in emergency "cancel content to fix the core game" mode. You'd think the core game would be fixed by now, especially since games of this nature need constant content to survive. This really is starting to smell like PR-speak for "we're putting this thing on life support and moving resources elsewhere."

...or maybe Bioware really is that disorganized. Anthem was slapped together last-minute after years of chaos, after all. (As was Mass Effect: Andromeda and Dragon Age: Inquisition.) Still, cutting off content isn't the best business move in the long run.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    It seems more than a little odd that, eight months in, they're still in emergency "cancel content to fix the core game" mode. You'd think the core game would be fixed by now, especially since games of this nature need constant content to survive. This really is starting to smell like PR-speak for "we're putting this thing on life support and moving resources elsewhere."

...or maybe Bioware really is that disorganized. Anthem was slapped together last-minute after years of chaos, after all. (As was Mass Effect: Andromeda and Dragon Age: Inquisition.) Still, cutting off content isn't the best business move in the long run.

Programming is not magic.

Furthermore, debugging and optimization are both fields of expertise in and of themselves.

This being amplified if you're using APIs and tools that you cannot directly modify or adjust and instead have to work and/or liaise with other teams to do things who are also not solely dedicated to you, etc.

tastydonuts on
  • Options

Furthermore, debugging and optimization are both fields of expertise in and of themselves.

While true, it still seems very odd to completely shut down potential sources of revenue for this long. The smarter thing to do would be to keep the content shutoff at a minimum, and then keep dribbling out the fixes if necessary. Cutting off content to fix the game transforms a money-maker into a money-burner, and most companies would get twitchy about that after a two or three months.

I mean, I can't really think of an online game that had its new content shut off for this long and then recover. Well, Final Fantasy 14, but that was essentially rebuilt from the ground up in a way presumably Anthem isn't.

• Options
    edited October 2019

While true, it still seems very odd to completely shut down potential sources of revenue for this long. The smarter thing to do would be to keep the content shutoff at a minimum, and then keep dribbling out the fixes if necessary. Cutting off content to fix the game transforms a money-maker into a money-burner, and most companies would get twitchy about that after a two or three months.

I mean, I can't really think of an online game that had its new content shut off for this long and then recover. Well, Final Fantasy 14, but that was essentially rebuilt from the ground up in a way presumably Anthem isn't.

Anthem's future story content was to be free. There wasn't even a season pass for Anthem. The primary source of revenue for the game as a service is cosmetics. If they said "we're not making or providing new cosmetics to fix our bugs," your remark would have meaning, but they did not. This event that they put in adds more cosmetics, N7
    costumes specifically.

Halloween Armor and other information here.

The armors:
    awr63zvahqv6.png
    stdpk59ob462.png

Colossus gets Krogan.
    Storm gets Asari.
    Interceptor gets Quarian.
    Ranger gets Turian.

There's some other stuff too, but there's no point in this conversation anyway.

edit: found a copy that didn't require me to resize and compress to paste.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Welp, was thinking about giving it a shot again.

• Options
    From that page:
    There's also a new set of armors based on the enemies of Anthem, and those are pretty slick as well. Other features of the new event are increased Legendary drop rates (an increase of 250%), a Legendary-only War Chest, and new data archives.

I still don't have a MW Jav so I'll definitely be hitting it up for that.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Unless I'm dense or overlooking it, I'm not seeing a price for the costumes yet, has anyone seen one?

Given that they're not in game yet (edit: or at least weren't when I put in a cataclysm run when I saw the event was live the other day), I'm guessing they'll be a later release, so until we know for sure, I'll just be stockpiling the crystals I accrue from occasional runs until I can be sure to get them. Those legendary chests are tempting, but I'm sitting on enough for most of my suits that the siren's call of limited time skins holds a higher priority.

Forar on
  • Options

Anthem's future story content was to be free. There wasn't even a season pass for Anthem. The primary source of revenue for the game as a service is cosmetics. If they said "we're not making or providing new cosmetics to fix our bugs," your remark would have meaning, but they did not. This event that they put in adds more cosmetics, N7
    costumes specifically.

*snip*

Which is very nice, but new content is the main thing that keeps people playing and, more importantly, paying for stuff. Only dribbling out new costumes every few months isn't going to keep people's attention and forking out for stuff. Without bigger events and more frequent cosmetics, the game has little chance of attracting more paying customers or even keeping existing paying customers. Remember, the reason always-online games exist is to be a continual source of revenue.

• Options
    Unless I'm dense or overlooking it, I'm not seeing a price for the costumes yet, has anyone seen one?

Given that they're not in game yet (edit: or at least weren't when I put in a cataclysm run when I saw the event was live the other day), I'm guessing they'll be a later release, so until we know for sure, I'll just be stockpiling the crystals I accrue from occasional runs until I can be sure to get them. Those legendary chests are tempting, but I'm sitting on enough for most of my suits that the siren's call of limited time skins holds a higher priority.

Yeah, I don't know if they're in game or not. I just looked around to see what the cosmetics were possibly going to be since it is an event. There's also some armors that mimic the creatures in-game that were posted on resetera, the page I linked in that post has them too.

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    well played anthem...well played

The Asari armor will be mine!

Dixon on
  • Options
    The "increase of 250%" for Legendary drops feels like they're trying to hide something to me all the same.

Like, the rate was 1% and they bumped it to 2.5%. A 250% increase of "squat" to "two and a half squats" isn't super exciting.

If they'd just noted the actual percentage (original and new), I'd be less inclined to throw a little side eye their way. And yes, I get that the different difficulties have different drop rates, but listing the 3 (I think they can only drop on GM 1-3?) wouldn't be that arduous.

Maybe they've mentioned the rates in the past and I just haven't been paying close attention, but if so, including it again shouldn't be that difficult.

Perhaps I'm splitting hairs, it just feels like one of those 'are you lying (well, exaggerating) to me with numbers?' triggers.

'If you can't impress them with the raw numbers, do it with percentages. Or vice versa. Whichever looks best.' That kind of thing.

Don't get me wrong, 2.5x legendaries is good news in my books. I just think a minor change would be a better way of conveying it.

• Options
    DoublySymmetricDoublySymmetric Registered User regular
    The "increase of 250%" for Legendary drops feels like they're trying to hide something to me all the same.

Like, the rate was 1% and they bumped it to 2.5%. A 250% increase of "squat" to "two and a half squats" isn't super exciting.

If they'd just noted the actual percentage (original and new), I'd be less inclined to throw a little side eye their way. And yes, I get that the different difficulties have different drop rates, but listing the 3 (I think they can only drop on GM 1-3?) wouldn't be that arduous.

Maybe they've mentioned the rates in the past and I just haven't been paying close attention, but if so, including it again shouldn't be that difficult.

Perhaps I'm splitting hairs, it just feels like one of those 'are you lying (well, exaggerating) to me with numbers?' triggers.

'If you can't impress them with the raw numbers, do it with percentages. Or vice versa. Whichever looks best.' That kind of thing.

Don't get me wrong, 2.5x legendaries is good news in my books. I just think a minor change would be a better way of conveying it.

At least the gave a number to the increase. For a while in Destiny 2, they would just say: "Drastically increased the drop rate of [X]"

Steam - DoublySymmetric (43687993)
    Blizz ID - DoublySymm#1758
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular

This being amplified if you're using APIs and tools that you cannot directly modify or adjust and instead have to work and/or liaise with other teams to do things who are also not solely dedicated to you, etc.

And the Anthem development was a complete hot mess, made worse by Frostbite and all the baggage that came along with having to stick with that mandate.

Coding is hard, but Anthem has had some really weird bugs that make me think they’re on pure spaghetti code.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    God their Halloween armors are so fucking gross I love it

WHY IS THE COLOSSUS HAIRY

• Options
    Is it worth it for a level 30 to save up for the legendary pack? or should I focus on getting more masterwork gear?

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

That's for the warchests and it's gone from about 1 in 10 to about 1 in 3-4 or something.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Not sure why I keep giving this game my time. I finally get to 30, try GM1 and get 4 people, wooo! Better than anything on normal/hard. Of course the first challenge bugs out and we lose one of the orbs. All 4 of us came together, nobody had it and it wasn't in any of the devices. We all drop, I try another game and the full thing black screens me to death and locks up. Had to hard boot my machine. Next login the game crashes as I try and get in. Try again and I'm in, queue up for another GM1 run and this time I only get 1 person and they don't know anything about the challenge and just run around shooting things.

I'm at 590 with my colossus, I think I may try GM2. Maybe there will be more folks. Otherwise, I'm a couple missions away in SP and that may be it for me, as much fun as flying around killing things is.

• Options
    The way they rebalanced GM2 is really that you could probably tough it out with the masterworks you got from sub-GM. It'd be damn hard and grabbing a bit of the wider masterwork loot table at GM1 will make things a lot easier, but you could string along and really leapfrog over GM1 depending on the drops.

I had the opposite problem where I played GM1 so much by the time I got to GM2 I was almost overlevelled lol

• Options
    Tried GM2 and i was a bit under leveled. Had to hide quite a lot more but my gravedigger did decent damage. But after a couple rounds got a masterwork colossus piece that inceased my armor and shields 4x. Then got a legendary armor piece which will be great for all javs.

Interesting that some folks just beeline Vara, which gets you 800 or so crystals and your done in 5 minutes. Others hit the easy 3, then Vara.

Are the Mass Effect armors going to require event currency or normal currency?

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Are the Mass Effect armors going to require event currency or normal currency?

I haven't seen it said, but the safe'ish assumption is that they'll be in the event store, which means event currency. I could be wrong, and it'd be kind of shitty to put literal 'Javelin Halloween Costumes' behind the Real Money Currency, but I'm uncertain enough I'm in no way saying either way definitively.

There are the 4 ME armors, and 4 based on creatures in Anthem, so I'm hoping/figuring they make some available asap. I'm getting a round or two in here and there, but if I'm going to need to abruptly grind out like 20,000 event currency on short notice, it'd be nice to know sooner rather than later.

• Options
    Yeah I have 10K right now and I've got a burning desire to spend it lol. I'm able to use the Colossus to do GM2, but took my Ranger and it did not go well. So I figure I should try and get the legendary packs to see if I can get some better gear to help level up my other Javelins.

But I want those Mass Effect armors, so for now I'll just keep hoarding.

• Options
    November 7th is "N7" day, so it's possible they are tied into that.

what if they gave the armors away for free? ha.